It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Over London Friday 2011 ? (pretty damn spectacular)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Fake, stop action in frames shows no motion blur, Impossible for such recorded speeds in any consumer digital camera, regardless of make or resolution.

Stupid idiots that are part of the reason things are not taken more seriously.

This needs the HOAX stamp, quickly.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCL1150
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Never judge a book by it's cover, you could be looking at a classic :-)

Wow. I had no idea. Thanks for enlightening me.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/782fb2e4b43b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
pretty damn fake hehe, its kinda ridiculous how this video made its way around the world as it have.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I saw this video on day of release and got quite excited, especially due to the fact that many people all the way down the street are seen to be looking up too, not just the few directly in front of the camera.

However, don't know if it's mentioned elsewhere in this thread (didn't read all the replies) that the guy who originally uploaded it to youtube works for a video effects company and it could even possibly be a viral for a new film.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Don't get me wrong, I honestly think it's fake too, but I read through all of the posts and one of the biggest things people on here were basing their "fake" claim on was the fact that the man in front of the guy filming turned around and smiled at him. Just because he did that doesn't mean it was fake.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
Fake, stop action in frames shows no motion blur, Impossible for such recorded speeds in any consumer digital camera, regardless of make or resolution.

Google Panasonic 700/900 series and their progressive 50/60p mode.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Kinda reminds me of the Jerusalem UFO event minus the release of other witnesses footage?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
when I first joined ATS, I was really annoyed by all those people calling fake on ufo video footage, for a while I was blown away, convinced that what I was seeing was not of this world. I then got really bogged down in the research on sites like ATS, went through some kind of mental spasm and set up a website to try and pull information together on these subjects. After spending hours wading through evidence on videos such as these in this thread and reading some of the excellent debunks of them (especially the jerusalem ufo) I realised that applying common sense is the best way of coming to a conclusion.

1. look into the things you can do with Adobe After Effects, there is a whole website full of demos
2. look how much a pc costs that will run the above application at a decent speed.
3. Read the debunking supplied for stories like this
4. Consider people's findings, such as the same people being involved in other hoaxes.
5. look into the other stories conspiracy sites carry, most don't fill you with confidence that they do research or even look for an alternate view.
6. Look for multiple sources, from completely different witnesses in different locations
7. Apply common sense

you will then most likely feel a wave of disappointment wash over you briefly as your common sense repositions your thoughts back in this dimension. If you go through this a number of times, you will start to feel a bit stupid that you knew so little fact and took something on face value and convinced yourself something was true because you wanted it to be.

...Then worry about the fact that the world is full of people who don't appear to be able to think properly or for themselves. They believe what they are told, no matter who tells them

This is where i'm at now. I don't not believe in Aliens, I just now believe that 99.999% of what we see on the internet has nothing to do with Aliens. I also don't think we'll be seeing any in our lifetime, if ever. This is entirely my personal belief after a LOT of research, from a believer standpoint. All i've done is learned that the internet is full of disinformation from both sides of the argument and video evidence from current sightings can no longer be trusted due to the advances in home computers and the software which they run.

coming to this conclusion has been quite mentally taxing. I really wanted it all to be true, I wanted to find fact, but my common sense just can't believe the random theories with very little real evidence. You have to ask why very few properly credible people in the Science community don't come forward if they believed it was true. You trust these people's findings with your life if you go into hospital for some major treatment, fly in a plane or ride on a roller coaster. Do you really think they could ALL be silenced by some secret society? it's just so unlikely, so apply common sense. If anyone comes forward, they're ex this or retired that and there is always a reason for them to want to make a bit of money. Are we really to believe there are thousands of people "in the know" that NEVER leak information?

It doesn't seem plausible.

I will say this though, an open mind is much much better than a closed one; question everything, as all is not what it seems in this world. Just please consider the facts and evidence to the best of your abilities, as if there is any real truth in the UFO phenomenon, it's rapidly being discredited forever due to this flood of cgi/acted fake crap (which when served to the masses via the MSM gilded spoon) is taken in and processed as fact.

(this is entirely my personal opinion)

edit on 30-6-2011 by ceetee because: edited a zillion times to turn my rambles into readable text

edit on 30-6-2011 by ceetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I really believe that video is real, even though of the dumb guy in the video smiling. I mean anyone would smile too by seeing those. I don't believe that this was photoshopped. Those ufos are flying exactly as they are seen in other real videos. So even if this was a hoax.. their movements are very realistic looking. Is it a coincidence that this was also seen in different locations??

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ceetee

No, the fact that there are many fakers doesn't mean all is fake. Im to the point that around 10% is real, call that 20-30 cases of 300-1000. So, i also get disappointed many times to see something turns out fake but I dont think all are misinfo agents. If there are such agents at all,

But the majority esp on YouTube are fake indeed and this is an unprofessionally made video, There are many much more real cases considered to be real. Even among them something may be a hoax - at least it is a very good one. These London videos are full of crap - just look at how they move, they would fly liek that? Oh really UFOs fly like that? Don't bother people..

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00TFX00
reply to post by dadgad

You should also look at this one, there was a third video posted before but I am not able to find it again.
This one is from the London Bridge.

www.youtube.com...

That is undoubtedly a fake in my opinion. These ufo's are inserted. The camera does not follow them. How much sense does that make? The voices are saying ''oh look''' but then the camera remains steady. I guess the ''oh look'' was aimed at the bridge itself.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ceetee
when I first joined ATS, I was really annoyed by all those people calling fake on ufo video footage, for a while I was blown away, convinced that what I was seeing was not of this world. I then got really bogged down in the research on sites like ATS, went through some kind of mental spasm and set up a website to try and pull information together on these subjects. After spending hours wading through evidence on videos such as these in this thread and reading some of the excellent debunks of them (especially the jerusalem ufo) I realised that applying common sense is the best way of coming to a conclusion.

1. look into the things you can do with Adobe After Effects, there is a whole website full of demos
2. look how much a pc costs that will run the above application at a decent speed.
3. Read the debunking supplied for stories like this
4. Consider people's findings, such as the same people being involved in other hoaxes.
5. look into the other stories conspiracy sites carry, most don't fill you with confidence that they do research or even look for an alternate view.
6. Look for multiple sources, from completely different witnesses in different locations
7. Apply common sense

you will then most likely feel a wave of disappointment wash over you briefly as your common sense repositions your thoughts back in this dimension. If you go through this a number of times, you will start to feel a bit stupid that you knew so little fact and took something on face value and convinced yourself something was true because you wanted it to be.

...Then worry about the fact that the world is full of people who don't appear to be able to think properly or for themselves. They believe what they are told, no matter who tells them

This is where i'm at now. I don't not believe in Aliens, I just now believe that 99.999% of what we see on the internet has nothing to do with Aliens. I also don't think we'll be seeing any in our lifetime, if ever. This is entirely my personal belief after a LOT of research, from a believer standpoint. All i've done is learned that the internet is full of disinformation from both sides of the argument and video evidence from current sightings can no longer be trusted due to the advances in home computers and the software which they run.

coming to this conclusion has been quite mentally taxing. I really wanted it all to be true, I wanted to find fact, but my common sense just can't believe the random theories with very little real evidence. You have to ask why very few properly credible people in the Science community don't come forward if they believed it was true. You trust these people's findings with your life if you go into hospital for some major treatment, fly in a plane or ride on a roller coaster. Do you really think they could ALL be silenced by some secret society? it's just so unlikely, so apply common sense. If anyone comes forward, they're ex this or retired that and there is always a reason for them to want to make a bit of money. Are we really to believe there are thousands of people "in the know" that NEVER leak information?

It doesn't seem plausible.

I will say this though, an open mind is much much better than a closed one; question everything, as all is not what it seems in this world. Just please consider the facts and evidence to the best of your abilities, as if there is any real truth in the UFO phenomenon, it's rapidly being discredited forever due to this flood of cgi/acted fake crap (which when served to the masses via the MSM gilded spoon) is taken in and processed as fact.

(this is entirely my personal opinion)

edit on 30-6-2011 by ceetee because: edited a zillion times to turn my rambles into readable text

Excellent, excellent, EXCELLENT POST!! Rarely does one read such brutal honesty in admission and I for one salute your healthy need to express and communicate these facts. I completely appreciate the clear insight into that most sacred of sacred places where the passionate thirst for knowledge meets the accelerated window dressing of our imagination's fancy. Damn right it's disappointing, and if we're not careful, just another effective dart in that critically deadly arsenal of what is our healthy state of mind's ultimate nemesis. Namely the monsters we create when we challenge our own integrity honestly, in a loosing, yet highly defensive and determined battle. Yep, it's EXHAUSTING, not to mention that it's a bit tough on the self esteem.

One day you wake up, the sun is shining, (the UFOs are flying and so is our naivety) the birds are singing (the abduction routine is scaring the heebee geebees out of you in all your joyous pseudo intellectualism's folly) , and as you stand your majestic self upright to greet the oncoming UFO laden day in excelsior fashion, that's right, you guessed it....a large block of frozen excrement is erroneously ejected from a commercial airliner whose speeding trajectory just happens to be in an absolute fatalistic free fall, aligning itself in utmost precision with.... just the spot where you were standing in all your previous glory. Been there. Done that. Buzzer goes off. Game over.

Oh why or why does it have to be so, so...so damn REAL!? (oh the F'n pain)

"Fantasy, abandoned by reason, produces impossible monsters; united with it, she is the mother of the arts and the origin of marvels."

Francisco Goya

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ceetee

So , in effect cos the answer didn't fall nicely into your lap you gave up and decided it's all crap ?

You didn't notice that the fake videos get flags up the wazoo and pages of replies but the good ones wither on the vine inside a couple of days? Why do you think that is?

You didn't notice that, the debumkers of the Heflin photo have had their words demolished by the latest techniques and some of their, let's be honest outright lies, about the pictures exposed for what they are?

I thought the Schaffner case had been explained, I now discover the explanation makes a UFO look sane and involves ranking service people committing a huge and dangerous hoax at that and nothing apparently being done about it.although they must know just who the hoaxers were.

It's taken man, almost countless thousands of years, to unravel DNA and you think we can just sort out the UFO question with a couple of videos and yes no question answer session?

You do realise it's a relative few years since we can actually, scientifically explain, why the sky is dark at night?

I'm sorry but "I've spent a couple of years" simply doesn't even begin to count as a basis for anything. Monks use to spend whole lifetimes illustrating books that weren't finished before their death.

You started from an assumption that, something was true and worked backwards. The problem is you started from the wrong place, wit the wrong evidence, so you a were almost guaranteed to come to the conclusion you did. You might as well believe Finland started World War 2 and try to find the evidence for that. They were peripherally involved and their aircraft bore the symbol of the swastika, but they weren't the real cause.

Knowledge is not about ego, it is about building a data base to pass on to the next generation that they can build on in the hope one day an answer can be found. It's just pure fate that a person happens to be born in a time when something *big* is explained. UFOs are an incredibly wide ranging subject that covers the relation of the human psyche to the world we perceive to the possible existence of nuts and bolts craft. To even think that a simple video will ever serve as *proof positive* is, frankly, incredibly naive.

I have a bet with an old mate of mine that. if UFOs are acknowledged by several major governments as being real and non human in origin that at least 3 of the leading proponents of the ET hypothesis are claiming, within 3 years it's all bunk and a government conspiracy. What's more, their motivation will probably be, they were left out of the loop when it happened. That's human nature, that's how thing work.

I'll say this now. Many of those who have spent decades in the field, think that there is an intelligence that is non human behind the UFO phenomenon have the base line of...... someone they have met, know, were introduced to, who really does know their stuff about black ops etc etc has told 'em.... "Yup, for all the crap, there are some that ain't ours and the word our's, means human"
edit on 30-6-2011 by FireMoon because: spelling

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
For the most part, isn't it completely obvious to anybody else when one of these hoaxes pops up? The fake shaky camera, unrealistic blur and zooms, etc...it's all the same formula.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
The one thing I will never understand is Whyyyy. Why would people want to fake a video of UFO's or Aliens or anything? It is just a waste of everyone's time including their own. If this is faked or Cgi'd they will get a kick out of it for 3 days .... exactly lol. and then what? It just makes no sense to me. Sorry I have nothing truly to add to this subject. My first initial thoughts were pretty impressed, and I didn't think they looked like birds or balloons like a lot of people on Huffington did. But other then that I don't know what to think after reading all the comments about it. Sorry friends forgive my ramblings.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

This screams fake !!

The lights look so computer generated.

there is also another video of london bridge with the same objects in same date also (UFOs London Bridge) but that is even faker than this one. As you watch the observer dont even notice the lights, infact sounds like nobody does.
edit on 1/7/11 by Ezappa because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/7/11 by Ezappa because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/7/11 by Ezappa because: typos

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

I haven't "decided it's all crap", i've decided that most of it is crap. As I tried to point out, I was/am fully open to belief and have not stopped believing. I was simply spewing out my thoughts at this position in time. Nothing you say in your response moves me forward to any knowledge or truth. I never posted to start an argument and don't wish to engage in one. One, two, ten years of investigation into UFO's will not yield any golden chalice or smoking gun. Just because someone devotes their entire life to something doesn't make their findings more credible as there is often no real evidence.

I continue to have interest in this area and continue to update my site. There are a few stand out cases such as the phoenix lights and rendelsham incident which still defy any reasonable explanation. Unfortunately the very interesting subject of UFO's is being tarnished by fakes such as Jerusalem and the China airport UFOs, peddled by sites such as ANW with total disinformation and sensationalist lies, this is disappointing as if there is a real case, it gets lost.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Why? Simple reason - because people are attention whores.

Why this guy do it? Because he works for a special effects company. Like I said before it's probably for his work portfolio, and may even be a viral for a film.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
reply to post by ceetee

I'll say this now. Many of those who have spent decades in the field, think that there is an intelligence that is non human behind the UFO phenomenon have the base line of...... someone they have met, know, were introduced to, who really does know their stuff about black ops etc etc has told 'em.... "Yup, for all the crap, there are some that ain't ours and the word our's, means human"
edit on 30-6-2011 by FireMoon because: spelling

I want to ask you an intelligent question. Just because someone claims something, does that make it true? Now, I accept that it is your choice to "believe" this source of information, but I feel a stronger need exists to QUESTION the validity of these reports. MANY genuine scientists believe that there is intelligent, non human technology involved within the UFO phenomenon. That does not mean however that they are correct.

Scientists tend to think and react like this: If I don't know about such and such an application concerning a , then it most likely doesn't exist. The other angle is the scientist involved in research related to certain aspects of physics or other scientific fields, wherein their practices do not relate to experimental physics, but rather are involved in the research and development of "known" properties and their inherent applications. In a word, professional scientists are extremely competent and confident provided their safety net is intact below, but outside THEIR field of endeavor, you won't find a huge impetus for speculation, or even "fantastic considerations" because they are trained to be just the opposite. They have a job to do, and they do it as efficiently and precisely as is possible. That certainly does not indicate they are doing anything wrong or narrow minded.

The field of Ufology is at a SERIOUS crossroads and many scientists around the globe are beginning to understand the CRITICAL need that humanity has to understand this phenomenon. If you REALLY want to inlist the help of men FAR GREATER than you, I, or ANY other members that have been a part of the UFO community thus far, we had better cut out the exceedingly SELFISH comic book "belief" systems and start getting REAL in a hurry. For far too long this consideration has been hijacked, and in fact, presently RUINED, by buffoons and charlatans that sell lots of books/videos and support absolutely ridiculous claims that they can in NO WAY substantiate.

Can we all stop being so gullible and child like? This situation demands a helluva lot more than the usual kangaroo court that most UFO fanboys n girls throw at it.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join