It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A test to show you have a weak mind: Proof.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I read the whole post, but my eyes skipped right over the sidenote and I started reading replies..

At first I didn't even realize I had skipped it... weird
edit on 24-6-2011 by Staxxem because: speeling

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
what if I went straight to the sidenote? would I pass then?
edit on 24-6-2011 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Lmao. Sir / Madam comedy central. Thats a nice one.
BTW I passed

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chinesis

Originally posted by seeker11
Interesting...
Here's how it went down for me.

1. Skimmed through the first paragraph did
and then
then I skimmed down to see people's reactions because I am always very curious as to how people are reacting to a
kind of post.
2. I then saw the
reactions and the
one's too.
3. I then went back up and read the side note.
4. Then I skimmed most of the comments until page 11.
5. I then posted my reply.

This is how it usually goes down for me, sometimes I don't have the 'time' to read through an entire post, due to a little child running around getting into !@#$ 24/7, also if it 'seems' outrageous to me I might just skip down to read people's responses because that's always fun, but I will never post a reply unless I have read the OP, and a few of the responses too.

The End.

So in other words you aren't really a seeker in the sense of the word being used to SEEK out
a main idea or point of view in its entirety, rather your goal is to see the reactions of an attempt to get emotional reactions out of said people who do NOT use their analytical mind, instead use their reactive minds to reply....And since haven't any instinct to trust: you relied upon the reactions of other posters.....because you didn't know it was a test.

Sad, if true.

Oh please, you picked out my post to tear apart?? And you also ripped apart my personality based on my user name, which by the way has personal meaning to me, but you may keep your assumptions. I never once said I NEEDED to see other people's responses in order to make my own opinion, I did however say that it was fun to see other people's responses. I also said that I am watching a toddler, who is getting into everything 24/7 (please read again if you missed it) so sometimes do not have time to thoroughly read EVERYTHING, and many times skim, sometimes badly, HOWEVER, I will not offer my opinion until I have thoroughly read and tried to comprehend the OP.

I could have lied and said I read the entire post thoroughly and passed the test, (as you can see I had no edit so I did end up reading the whole thing) but no, I said exactly what happened, but no that's not good enough for you.

So what if I like to jump around and read things differently than everybody else?? Who are you to tell me how I can or cannot read or interpret somebody's post or when I can or cannot read other peoples responses and then formulate my own opinion??

ETA I enjoy reading others responses because there are some very intelligent people on ATS who help me to see and interpret things through different angles than I originally see things. Is this a crime? Does it make me weak minded?? If so, then so be it.
edit on 24-6-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Staxxem

Emotion.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

Your entire post was emotionally driven by irrational feelings. Check.
I didn't condemn you. I just pointed out (a supposition I had made) that if true was
sad based on your actions (not who you are)

This means I did not attack you, but your argument/point of view/action(s) at the time.

It would do you some great good to discern an observation, from a judgment that *I* would never conclude
nor make against someone I don't even know!

I used to be emotionally driven, and would lie to people and tell them that I was just passionate. Not true.
I have a way with words so I could easily have focused all of my energy at *making* you become so
savagely incensed with rage that you would want to kill me!

Not my intent.

Here is my intent:

Learn to take responsibility, accountability and be held liable for your own actions, thoughts and words
(namely reactions)

Don't be reactive.
Think twice before replying (not like what you did to me just now)

No offense but as a woman you've got a strike against you with regard towards being
rational because you are fueled by emotion, so I understand that. But the way you go about showing this
seems rather negative, rather than being positive.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

A test to show you have a weak mind: Proof

proof is what i am still looking for.

i live in reality, you obviously comfort yourself in lies, which in the end would only hold one answer....
and its not proof.

faith.
faith is not proof
in fact, your faith would even tell you to believe these fairy tales even had you been proven undoubtedly wrong.

p.s.
if jesus came from atother planet, as a physical being, would that not make him a alien? as a alien what would jesus use to travel to here?
same question goes for your satan comet comment too.
and if you believe that jesus/god come from another planet, you are probably mormon, their faith preaches that too.
faith lol.
edit on 24-6-2011 by violence=answer because: (no reason given)

lolol thats what i would of said before the side note... you got me, kinda lolololol
edit on 24-6-2011 by violence=answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Would I have a weak mind if I thought the first part of your OP was reverse psychology? That you collected truth and utter falsehood in a magpie fashion to make a ridiculous overarching statement to make the truth look ridiculous next to the false?

I do happen to believe that "aliens" are demons hiding behind the convenient guise of 1950's based alien hysteria. I believe that people waiting for aliens to enlighten us or people waiting in their basement with shotguns to avoid a probing are weak minded. The Elite are controlling things and they propagate this tactical feint of a false conspiracy to mislead the weak minded.

3/4 of ATS has utterly failed

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Reminds me of a math test from high school where it said "read all the rules before starting" and the last rule was "don't take the test." People took the test anyway.

But unfortunately I treated this thread how I treat most threads... I casually and impartially glanced at the first two lines in the OP and went onto the next post.

edit on 24-6-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

It seemed obvious what you were doing. I can't think of a troll who has been that obvious or a "nutter" who has been that extreme. I was waiting for a better twist at the end. Now, I'm going to read the other responses.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Though to be perfectly honest, this thread is hilarious and thus I give you a star

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chinesis
reply to post by seeker11

Your entire post was emotionally driven by irrational feelings. Check.
I didn't condemn you. I just pointed out (a supposition I had made) that if true was
sad based on your actions (not who you are)

This means I did not attack you, but your argument/point of view/action(s) at the time.

It would do you some great good to discern an observation, from a judgment that *I* would never conclude
nor make against someone I don't even know!

I used to be emotionally driven, and would lie to people and tell them that I was just passionate. Not true.
I have a way with words so I could easily have focused all of my energy at *making* you become so
savagely incensed with rage that you would want to kill me!

Not my intent.

Here is my intent:

Learn to take responsibility, accountability and be held liable for your own actions, thoughts and words
(namely reactions)

Don't be reactive.
Think twice before replying (not like what you did to me just now)

No offense but as a woman you've got a strike against you with regard towards being
rational because you are fueled by emotion, so I understand that. But the way you go about showing this
seems rather negative, rather than being positive.

So, according to you I should not to react to anything or be emotionally driven?? What's wrong with being emotionally driven? When I FEEL (yes I said FEEL) that you're attacking me, then I will respond. Unless that was a test of your own to see if you could attack somebody and see how they respond then judge them based on them giving you the reaction you were searching for in the first place?

And because I am a woman you think I will automatically be less rational than my male counterparts? I guess that's a strike against me in your book of...whatever your book of strikes consist of. Why can't emotions and rational work together? I will not deny my emotions they are a part of who I am. Don't forget about them yourself, they can be useful.

I did think twice before replying. I read through almost 11 pages of replies before replying. And read the OP a couple of times over.

As for your intent. I do take full responsibility for my actions. You said you used to lie and say it was because you were passionate? I'm not quite sure how this relates to me. I have never had a problem with lying. I am who I am. Like I said I COULD have formulated a lie in my original response, I had the time to do it, but I did not. Instead, I feel like I contributed the honest truth, my truth.

I guess I should be thankful for you not directing your words towards me in such a way as to enrage me enough to kill you. Thank you, I am grateful. Murder is one crises I definitely needed to avoid today!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

This is a really cool test. When I read "God is real", I had the urge to comment condemning your closed mindedness but it occurred to me that something was off because it appeared that you had set yourself up too easily for criticism. This has a lot more to do with patience than a weak mind but of course, if you had wrote patience, people would have been tipped off.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I totally passed lol. I like your thread; its a good exercise. I think tests like the one you just did happen all the time. They are how God teaches us. Most of the time we get angry like a child and ignore whatever is being said or just stop paying attention.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDebunkMachine

Lol,l Nearly passed out with confusion,,,,,,then boredom.
op , self appointed shrink, with dull experiment.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The fact that the first post failed was glorious. The fact that I semi-failed, though got the gist of things half way through, makes me not sure if I failed or won.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This is hilarious. I failed, but it's funny watching everyone get mad over it

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Your living proof people are brain dead.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
"The real people who are against you are your local politicians"

Well finally someone now truly understands that you can't blame Obama for everything.
edit on 24-6-2011 by AmericanEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

A test that you have a weak mind, is needing conformation from the test maker that you have passed a made up test pulled out of there gluteus maximus.

All you did is put a bunch of "hot words" and "touchy topics" in a couple of sentences with no real information in a abstract form, that says nothing about them or there subjects, only insinuates that it is all a joke by making a joke of it.

This aint a test this is an opinion piece. Only with very little opinions in any of the topics it brought up, other then that the op does not agree with them, and give no real concrete reasons why. I would say this is an attempt to grasp for people on the same level as him in his thoughts. Which by the way, is what all threads are about.

My only real gripe. Where is the info or opinions that any of the things the op insinuated does not exist both the for, or against, or whatever else that brings any sort of structure and depth of understanding to any topic. And most of them he got them wrong, in what the ones who argue about them on this site actually do argue about.

I would say this is a little attempt at a sort of psyop based on peoples felling's, to get them to agree in accordance with the opinion that all subjects with those words in them are nutty and a waste of time.

And as far as psyops go... it fails, even the nutters and some of there nutty threads are a greater psyop in there way then this. Makes you wonder, who is messing with who? And really who is the real slim shady when it comes down to it.

Anyways I like this thread, ill give you a star and flag, and an A for effort.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join