It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A test to show you have a weak mind: Proof.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I only read the part that said side note.

I'm kidding I followed your instructions to the T and I'm flying colors.

SnF only because I passed.

edit on 24-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAH. talk about bible eater. good luck with your life hahahahaahahahahahahahahah. made my day.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I passed. Cool.

Anyway I don't think an NWO is good, your family is out to get you, Elenin exists, or Nibiru is real.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I passed. The thing with me is I don't have an issue with reading the complete original post when I reply to something. I do not read every thread, I only click on the ones that I feel will be interesting. Therefore, it's usually not hard to read the whole post. When I do have a problem though is when the thread starts getting up there in the number of pages. Often times I will read the original post and the rest of the first page. After that, I skip to the end of the thread. Sometimes this can be a problem because you miss a lot of the conversation and you may repeat the same questions or points. Unfortunately, I don't always have time to read 20+ pages of something before I reply.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Ummm, I conclude that you don't know how to spell "Bilderberg"... Do I win a prize?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Interesting...
Here's how it went down for me.

1. Skimmed through the first paragraph did
and then
then I skimmed down to see people's reactions because I am always very curious as to how people are reacting to a
kind of post.
2. I then saw the
reactions and the
one's too.
3. I then went back up and read the side note.
4. Then I skimmed most of the comments until page 11.
5. I then posted my reply.

This is how it usually goes down for me, sometimes I don't have the 'time' to read through an entire post, due to a little child running around getting into !@#$ 24/7, also if it 'seems' outrageous to me I might just skip down to read people's responses because that's always fun, but I will never post a reply unless I have read the OP, and a few of the responses too.

The End.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Cool thread OP, amazing some of the replies.

S&F

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
reply to post by boncho

God created evil.

Therefore, God created Satan.

Wrap you head around that one.

Allow me.
Evil does not exist becaause evil is simply the absence of good. Darkness does not exist because darkness is just the absence of light. Light and good ness exist because they were created. God did not create evil this is why Genisis is correct to say, "There was darkness, then God created light and the light was good.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I seriously LOL'ed when i saw all the hate from the idiots that never read all the way through ( yep i read it all thankfully) but this just proves one thing that all you Haters are seriously thick as a plank.
:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by HispanicPanic
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAH. talk about bible eater. good luck with your life hahahahaahahahahahahahahah. made my day.

LOL your the one that has been Pwned , i rest my case ,

and if your still not intelligent enough to work it out go read the sidenote, the bit you obviously missed

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The Vatican's chief astronomer says that believing in aliens does not contradict faith in God. The Rev. Jose Gabriel Funes, the Jesuit director of the Vatican Observatory, says that the vastness of the universe means it is possible there could be other forms of life outside Earth, even intelligent ones.

In an interview published Tuesday by Vatican newspaper L'Osservatore Romano, Funes says that such a notion "doesn't contradict our faith" because aliens would still be God's creatures.

The interview was headlined "The extraterrestrial is my brother." Funes said that ruling out the existence of aliens would be like "putting limits" on God's creative freedom.

www.freerepublic.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Well, that was certainly interesting..
I had to read through to the end, I was too interested in what you might have to say, since all of the first part was like ................. Glad I passed!(:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Well done
Nothing more to add

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Isn't this more a test of patience rather than mental strength? If so, you should have made the 'BS' portion A LOT longer. Like this guy's OP.

Now THAT'S a test. lol

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
As for your comments on God and Aliens.

I think God could have easily created humans and aliens. I think God created humans along with a guide manual aka Bible for us on Earth and God created other life forms in the universe with their own guide manual. Maybe those supposed missing/secret books of the Bible told about other life in the universe and this is why some decided to remove these books a long time ago to further their own agenda.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

To The OP and everyone else in this thread:

-Context
-Reading Comprehension
-And an impartial, free thinking open mind

are required tools all of us MUST utilize when reading ANYTHING whether or not it
could be argued factual, fiction or just conjectural opinion...

That said...

I literally almost threw up in my mouth reading the first portion of your post!

Some things, though...I hope that YOU will have learned after reading my post:

(1) Perception can only go so far as to convey that a widely held belief: denotes reality.
-For many people: perception is reality. More experienced in life know better.

(2) Religion is only real: if a human being actually puts any sort of value towards a belief.
-To you, me and logical, common sensed people: we do not hold these beliefs to be true.
-It does not make believers crazy, or delusional. Why? For the same reason YOU hold YOUR beliefs
to be true...

(3) More than likely would be the correct phrase used to describe if a belief is deemed true or factual
based on things like empirical data and evidence, and while you and I could easily agree the bible and religion has NOT the required evidence in order to substantiate its claims....it cannot be entirely ruled out that it is fiction or a fraud. Why? Not enough evidence.

I understand your trolling attempt will work with most emotional-based people.
With critical and open minded thinkers like myself. Emotion does NOT fuel my yearning of
knowledge and peaceful discussion when MY goal is to educate those who accept belief without things
like due diligence and aforementioned tools many people HAVE to discard and refuse to use due to their
invested emotions and EGO/PRIDE which override the common sense you and I both utilize with concise precision.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
haha, this is a great post. So many people make gut based emotional decisions without first getting all the facts.

I wonder what the correlation between people who failed the test and people who watch fox news is...

edit on 24-6-2011 by beansanmash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11
Interesting...
Here's how it went down for me.

1. Skimmed through the first paragraph did
and then
then I skimmed down to see people's reactions because I am always very curious as to how people are reacting to a
kind of post.
2. I then saw the
reactions and the
one's too.
3. I then went back up and read the side note.
4. Then I skimmed most of the comments until page 11.
5. I then posted my reply.

This is how it usually goes down for me, sometimes I don't have the 'time' to read through an entire post, due to a little child running around getting into !@#$ 24/7, also if it 'seems' outrageous to me I might just skip down to read people's responses because that's always fun, but I will never post a reply unless I have read the OP, and a few of the responses too.

The End.

So in other words you aren't really a seeker in the sense of the word being used to SEEK out
a main idea or point of view in its entirety, rather your goal is to see the reactions of an attempt to get emotional reactions out of said people who do NOT use their analytical mind, instead use their reactive minds to reply....And since haven't any instinct to trust: you relied upon the reactions of other posters.....because you didn't know it was a test.

Sad, if true.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by beansanmash
haha, this is a great post. So many people make gut based emotional decisions without first getting all the facts.

I wonder what the correlation between people who failed the test and people who watch fox news is...

edit on 24-6-2011 by beansanmash because: (no reason given)

I'd say the upper 90th percentile.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I don't really have a stand, except that I know exactly what you're talking about. Even when we know better, our emotions can make us react spontaneously and aggresively in order to protect our own belief systems. And the only reason that I passed your test, is because I've failed it so many times in the past. (And still fail from time to time!)

Thanks for sharing! I was very intrigued.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join