It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A test to show you have a weak mind: Proof.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I finally finished reading the whole thread...brilliant !!

I will admit this part: While reading the OP, my eyes were like
...and I was thinking...Holy [Snip]...and I approved and congratulated this guy a few times with his replies...kept on reading and my brain was like...
...the guy's a total nutcase...

Made my day with this !

And here's my second biggest laugh, right here:

Originally posted by HispanicPanic
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAH. talk about bible eater. good luck with your life hahahahaahahahahahahahahah. made my day.

Proved a point with glorious success !

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDebunkMachine
i passed and all, and it amuses me watching all these people getting angry
:

I am with you on this one! lol

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
reply to post by boncho

Okay I have to say it. Epic fail.

Wow... I didn't actually expect you to fall for your own medicine there, op...

Try again, eh?

What a crazy world we live in isn't it.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I totally read all the way through to the bottom. Good point, better test!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

The entire point went right over your head.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Never in my life have I heard such a Thing.
Gonna keep trying to prove my point to you
Give me a chance, would you?
You have to read between the lines to get it.
Up there, my post was correct.
Never have I heard the line you used indicate sarcasm.
Gonna keep looking for it though....
Let me have some time to find this one, and see some proof.
You should know that knowledge isn't always common.
Down here on ATS, some things are more complicated than they seem.

i read between the lines.... i see your rick astley and raise you one rick roll....

~meathead

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11
So, according to you I should not to react to anything or be emotionally driven?? What's wrong with being emotionally driven?

Being reactive means you are being controlled to react in a predetermined way period.
You don't really have free will when it is blatantly obvious how you (an emotional person) will re-act instead
of taking a proactive approach at the obviousness of the truth.

Nothing in life is worth arguing, bickering or getting mad about....NOTHING.

Being emotionally driven means that your mindset gets compromised due to "feelings"
-meaning you can't possibly be rational with your rationale! Make sense?

Originally posted by seeker11When I FEEL (yes I said FEEL) that you're attacking me, then I will respond. Unless that was a test of your own to see if you could attack somebody and see how they respond then judge them based on them giving you the reaction you were searching for in the first place?

If you ever "FEEL" you are being attacked, and since I didn't use profanity nor caca poo poo insults...
Why can't you communicate to me that you're feeling attacked by my post instead of ass-u-me you are
and proceed to sounding emotionally irrational? Sounds simple, doesn't it?

Originally posted by seeker11And because I am a woman you think I will automatically be less rational than my male counterparts? I guess that's a strike against me in your book of...whatever your book of strikes consist of. Why can't emotions and rational work together? I will not deny my emotions they are a part of who I am. Don't forget about them yourself, they can be useful.

In my extensive experience....YES, women are much more prone to emotional outbursts (see estrogen)
Emotions are too a part of who I am....it does not mean it gives me the right to fly off the handle just because
I don't seem to understand what was said, nor did I take it in the correct, inoffensive manner as I'd previously mentioned. Emotions, aren't really the problem. PEOPLE + poor communication + assumptions = problems.

Originally posted by seeker11I did think twice before replying. I read through almost 11 pages of replies before replying. And read the OP a couple of times over.

I was talking about my post that you assumed was an offensive attack.
Whether someone repeats what you have done shouldn't make you react in an emotional way just because
you seem to be ashamed to admit what you did? Ego and pride are usually the issue here.

Originally posted by seeker11As for your intent. I do take full responsibility for my actions. You said you used to lie and say it was because you were passionate? I'm not quite sure how this relates to me. I have never had a problem with lying. I am who I am. Like I said I COULD have formulated a lie in my original response, I had the time to do it, but I did not. Instead, I feel like I contributed the honest truth, my truth.

I mentioned my past to give you the background that I know how to talk sh it very well so if my intent was
to attack you I could have sounded MUCH more vulger and offensive, it had nothing to do with you.

I don't lie anymore though because the value within "truth" is infinitely immeasurable towards my spiritual
growth and development. I never once inferred you to be a liar. Communication is key. Asking questions
when something comes across as unknowing is also.

Originally posted by seeker11I guess I should be thankful for you not directing your words towards me in such a way as to enrage me enough to kill you. Thank you, I am grateful. Murder is one crises I definitely needed to avoid today!

I agree with that sentiment completely!

Just know that while the Op's test may have gotten many of us in this thread, one thing is for certain...
Not everyone has the intention of hurting one another. Specifically me. If I had written what you did, to which your reply told me you were saddened by MY actions/choices, there would be no conflict.

We can only grow from our mistakes if we openly see that we had made them, THEN only by seeking to resolve it can we later state that a mistake was never a mistake as long as we sought to fix it. Sadly many people don't correct them, and allow them to linger....
edit on 24-6-2011 by Chinesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Where I stand? I failed.

If I don't like someone because of their views, and decide to post something halfway through reading their sh!t I can do that. I can judge people based on the first few things they show me, and make a conclusion on that.
Being judgmental is something we all do, and it's natural.

It probably will save your life when you see some 'hood-figgas' are approaching you. If you know what I mean.
So yea, screw you for making a 'test' out of it to get people to 'think and understand their fellow man'

If you can't give it to me straight, I don't want to read your BS.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Chinesis

*sigh* In the spirit of rationalism then, I shall refrain from giving you a satisfactory reaction to that last reply. Go find someone else to pick on. Happy hunting.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Cleverly done. Epic pass here, S&F for you, and here's to many more. Good to see there are some who reserve responses for logic rather than emotion.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

Do you work in marketing?

I did. In fact I was "director" level, which is probably why I passed the test. The content is never as important as how it is presented. 70% how look, 20% how you sound, 10% what you are saying...

Here is Eddie Izzard explaining it, in his own signature way...

People are predictable. If you know the right emotional hot buttons to push, you can froth people up and make them hungry for blood, without ever having a logical thought or debate be presented.

Jedi motto: there is no emotion, there is peace

No worries, I woke up to what Bill Hicks was saying, and decided that marketing was indeed, EVIL. So now I channel all that effort into showing people, that most of what you think you need - you don't. must have's aren't.

Great post, great point, great everything.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sternblut
Where I stand? I failed.

If I don't like someone because of their views, and decide to post something halfway through reading their sh!t I can do that. I can judge people based on the first few things they show me, and make a conclusion on that.
Being judgmental is something we all do, and it's natural.

It probably will save your life when you see some 'hood-figgas' are approaching you. If you know what I mean.
So yea, screw you for making a 'test' out of it to get people to 'think and understand their fellow man'

If you can't give it to me straight, I don't want to read your BS.

Someone is grumpy they failed....

For the OP, S&F. We can all use a reminder from time to time that jumping to conclusions and then acting on those impulses leaves us looking the fool more oft than not.

As a side note, I find it to be a matter of respect to read the entire post if you intend to reply. I will often scan to see if I want to read an entire post but I will not reply if I have not read the entire post and usually a good smattering of comments and reply's from the OP. I find this often gives me further insight into the original intent.

It still amazes me just how many people failed so spectacularly and then stick to their guns though..

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Read and reply to the OP without looking at responses.

Take the test: Read

★People are always complaining about the builderbergers and the NWO and the Illuminati, but it is all a ruse.

★The real people who are against you are your local politicians and your families.

★The builderbergers who are trying to help you out.

★The NWO is trying to find justice for the common man.

Everyone lies to you and you don't see it. Aliens and UFO's and everything of the like has been made up by people seeking attention. None of it ever existed. And it has been perpetuated by people looking to make a name for themselves or out seeking attention. There are no true conspiracies out there. It is just people trying to upset others they don't like.

Religion is real, God is real, and aliens cannot exist because of that. If they did, they would be related to as God's children in the bible. It is obvious that all science is lacking because carbon dating is built off things that people don't understand. People who think there are aliens coming to talk to them are really talking about demons. The devil controls all bad thought that comes into people's heads. The devil is trying to take over the world, not the elite. And the Devil has the most affect on poor and low class people.

The only way to save the world is to enter God's light and stop giving into the Devil. The NWO and the Illuminati should be praised for trying to make the world a better place and get us closer to god.

The final truths:

★Nibiru is real but it is Jesus coming for his return.

★Elenin is real and it is Satan coming for his return.

★There will be a great battle.

And so concludes my test:But you must know and believes these things to truly pass.

Sidenote:
Understanding the mind is tricky because we are all influenced by emotion. And of course I intended my first few paragraphs to be quite emotional. This test may not apply to people who follow me on this board because I assume they will understand where I am going with it before it is over. This is the conclusion, if you are reading this part of it you have passed with flying colors. Anyone who posted a reply before reading this paragraph has failed (The first part of the OP is utter BS). Sadly, I have failed this test a few times in other threads. At some points my mind is weak, instead of reading an OP all the way through I have an emotional reaction to it and post a reply without full comprehension to the topic. Fortunately I have recognized this, and I am hoping to pass on the discovery. To the people that read the sidenote passed, pat yourself on the back.

Now, tell me where you stand.

edit on 23-6-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

Dear Boncho,
Brilliantly done! It goes to show trying to keep an objective & open mind is always best.
Yes, sometimes it's hard but hearing things through (or in this case reading things through) w/an open mind & respect for others is good to do.

There are others on ATS with completely different lifestyles & values than mine. Their opinions might be different but does that mean their wrong? NO!

There has been a lot of "spit fire" between members & that discourages me.

But hopefully, threads such as this might cool off that tempting reply button (when done in the spirit of contempt).

I was so excited to see I passed a test! But I still feel my mind is weak - in my own power.

S&F for ya!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

* The Pope officially announced that belief in extra terrestrial intelligence does NOT violate the religious belief system. We are all Gods children.
* People who study and analyze the Bible, who also speak/read those languages and oldest editions agree that there is much symbolism and direct analogous events relating to UFO's and extra terrestrial intelligence.
* We understand Carbon. We also understand the process of Carbon Dating - which is why we can use it.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Mate, great ideas for a comic book written from the perspective of one more ego maniac. You're funny, because all you have is your opinion without a power base. If you had a regime to back your ideas you would be no different to all the other manipulative control freaks out there who try to convert people en mass to their will and thoughts.
If you were alive approx 1600 years ago, you could have given the Roman Emperor Constantine a run for his money, although you would have been beheaded in no time.. If you showed up when the Popes took over the role of head of state you could have ran with them as a lap dog. Add Napoleon, Hitler and the rest of the minuscule dictators including Saddam and Gaddafi (perfect avatar for you) and you talk, not just as a pale shadow of the same energy wave, but as a religious nutter with a card board sign, on a street corner, peddling the end is nigh doom.
I'll throw you a quarter, cause you sound so desperate.
edit on 24-6-2011 by LexiconV because: This is my test.... ;-)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LexiconV

......and

Boomshakalaka

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
^^^^^
posted on 24-6-2011 @ 09:02 PM

Incredible.. theyre **still** not reading the OP or any of the posts...

edit on 24-6-2011 by Advantage because: had to specify cause I was crossposted

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I passed! Although the beginning of the thread did provoke an emotional response, I kept on reading and now I get the satisfaction of passing! Yippee!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
^^^^^
posted on 24-6-2011 @ 09:02 PM

Incredible.. theyre **still** not reading the OP or any of the posts...

edit on 24-6-2011 by Advantage because: had to specify cause I was crossposted

And neither does the the one who teaches or the ones who look on in judgement.... LOL read my edit.

edit on 24-6-2011 by LexiconV because: Just cause I love a fractal Mandelbrot set point.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDebunkMachine

nothing scarier than religious people fighting over who is right! and what do bilderbergers have to do with aliens and religion? i thought they were just a bunch of rich people getting together to figure out how to keep making money

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join