It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing mirage image appears over Xan'an river in China 17/6/11

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by linkshot1000
so correct me if i am wrong ? this image just appeared in the middle of the river. An image of high rise buildings complete with street lighting and coloured roofs.

thats sounds very strange to see such detail. Could this be something else ?

Project Blue Beam testing ?

maybe ?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
I'm calling BS all the way. There is no way this is possible. Please use your brain on this one people.

ooooooook....and what conclusion did your brain come up with genius ?

O yea nothing , otherwise you would have posted it.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Originally posted by GypsK
reply to post by JohnySeagull

I'm sorry but your link brings me to a clip about chinese topgun fighter jets. Maybe I'm not looking at the right page?
Could you provide a direct link to the mirage vid on that site?

you are looking at the right page.

the clip relates to an article in the wall street journal . its demostrating how the news channel CCTV (who are broadcasting this mirage clip) tried to pass off a scene from TOP GUN as one of their fighters in action.

DO you think a channel like this can be trusted??

Michael Jordan once missed a jumpshot.......

Can we really trust him with the ball ?

you people act like nobody can be wrong ever...

Of course they tried to trick people...this could also be a trick but you can't just Assume it is......that isn't intelligent.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

i am not assuming anything.

i am judging the clip in a sane manner. the clip is clearly a fake. the fact that some people are cosidering this could possibly be genuine shows how unhinged people have become.

here is another article on the kind of tricks CCTV get up to:

beijing.globaltimes.cn...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Many years ago there was a phenomenon in Ireland where statutes were seen to be moving or crying. Some critics thought this may have been something to do with attracting tourists.

Looks like China has taken this to a whole new level. This is complete and utter horse manure.

english.cri.cn...@85556.htm
edit on 17-6-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Lysergic

Nope, the link in the youtube vid dates 17/6/2011
The page you linked is from another event in 2006, which is also in my OP with a link to an article about that on ATS

yes, its on the youtube page
right below video. china daily link.
edit on 17-6-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
sry if its a simple question..but those building do exist somewhere close right?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

reply to post by Lysergic

Nope, the link in the youtube vid dates 17/6/2011
The page you linked is from another event in 2006, which is also in my OP with a link to an article about that on ATS

yes, its on the youtube page
right below video. china daily link.
edit on 17-6-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

Yes I saw that link,
it's from another event, like the article states:
event occured in Penglai, on the tip of Shandong Peninsula (also see link in my OP about the 2006 ats article about this)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
sry if its a simple question..but those building do exist somewhere close right?

was wondering that myself.
I've looked for pictures from that area (whithout the mirage) to see if those buildings where close... so far no luck finding anything.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

I'm totally baffled and don't know what to think. If it's from a news source, do we trust it? But then again, I'd love to hear what the lady is saying transcribed. It's awesome at any rate.

S&F
peace

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
So let's think about this. If this really did happen, and that was a reliable, national news source broadcasting the story it would be MUCH more in depth. I am sure ANY reporter worth anything at alk would have at the minimum given a before and after comparison, tried to figure out what buildings were being shown and a bit of a scientific explanation.

Why haven't they done any of that? My guess would be because then the hoax would be revealed. I am not buying it for a minute.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
i have to flag this thread...

this is amazing stuff

cant find yet similar examples..still its an awesome effect even if its a hoax..which i doubt..

thank OP..this is one of the best things i saw lately

Mirage - From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
edit on 17-6-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

But it's unchanging.
There's nothing 'Fata Morgana' about this;
1) The images are extremely close in relation to the horizon
2) The scenery appears to be static as opposed to dynamic
3) Reflections and refractions of green trees should not yield a complimentary color like... oranges or reds.
4) Reflections and refractions of green trees should not yield humongous 'city tone' colored buildings, complete with glowing blue signs, street lights, and yes, very large, orange cranes.
(5 There seems to be an awful lot of cloud cover for this to be a mirage - especially one so close.

My conclusion is that this is either an already existing city being passed off as a mirage or it is a computer generated cityscape.
edit on 17-6-2011 by AnimusInvictus because: numbering was off

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by linkshot1000
so correct me if i am wrong ? this image just appeared in the middle of the river. An image of high rise buildings complete with street lighting and coloured roofs.

thats sounds very strange to see such detail. Could this be something else ?

I was thinking... could this be (Project Blue Beam)....testing there....It could be.
edit on 17-6-2011 by caladonea because: correct word

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Not saying yay/nay or passing judgment yet, but I think it would be prudent to simply step back a moment and gather more facts before jumping to any conclusions.

As much as one would "like" to believe in such miraculous imagery, and are"amazed" at how such an occurrence can manifest itself, let's be realistic for a moment. "Liking" and "wishing" for something to be true does not make it so.

Blind trust can be a dangerous thing. Frankly, there is much evidence that that Chinese "news" sources have skewed or taken other liberties with 'facts' and images to push an ulterior political motive or hidden agenda. The press in China are, after all, not 'free press' and are government hacks or are at the mercy of government propagandist-manipulated superiors. Even the supposed 'freedom' of the press in the West is, as most of us have come to accept, little more than sugar (or spice)-coated expressions of 'opinion' via TPTB rather than true unbiased journalism.

This is all assuming that the 'source' is even the news bureaus in the first place.

Even the most hood-winked, starry-eyed believer has some hesitation (or should have) when watching videos from submitters whose 'only' credibility is as a "YouTube" poster -and nothing else is known about them. I mean, c'mon - shouldn't we at least wait to see if our boob-tube source used at least some genuine sources of their own, whose own sources themselves may yet be questionable? Isn't it at least possible, likely even, that our vid is a 'joke', hoax, or simply an example of someone trying to make a name for themselves, trying to gain a few extra viewer hit points in their column, or simply trying to demonstrate their own video/CGI talents to their peers/pals/world?

Man, if this was real, that would be awesome! But for now, I think I'll stay firmly seated on the fence. I have a feeling my fence will get pretty crowded. Eventually, folks will start hopping off the fence, me included probably, but not on the side of 'it's real!' I wish it were otherwise...

*sigh*

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
old video,

severe flooding + severe fog + misleading CCTV narration = hoax

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
there is a lot of similar stories for the same region over the years. previously it has just been pictures. it always happens around may just before some holiday week.

its a bloody scam to get tourists to visit the region. this time they went one futher and produced a video.

i cannot believe western msm is falling for this muck.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
hmmm....
wonder what phage thinks of this, that guy seems to know reflections and all that stuff better then most.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
So let's think about this. If this really did happen, and that was a reliable, national news source broadcasting the story it would be MUCH more in depth. I am sure ANY reporter worth anything at alk would have at the minimum given a before and after comparison, tried to figure out what buildings were being shown and a bit of a scientific explanation.

Why haven't they done any of that? My guess would be because then the hoax would be revealed. I am not buying it for a minute.

hm guess your right,
if this thing would occur in my country, the news would be all over it for days. They would have experts explaining the phenomena to the public and probably hundreds of video's and pictures.

Then again, whenever something like this is reported, a mirage over water or a double sun, it seems to always be happening in China... lol,maybe they are so used to it by now that they dont bother

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AnimusInvictus

When you watch the movie on youtube in full screen, you can see what seems like people moving in the beginning of the film, around 0.6 - 0.12. It's not static at all in full screen view

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join