It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing mirage image appears over Xan'an river in China 17/6/11

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Those people would have to be about 8 feet tall.
It is still a strange set of clips.
The man on the Vespa type scooter, and the couple seen on the bridge seem to be more interested in other things than any elaborate mirage.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AnimusInvictus

The person who uploaded the vid to youtube is doing research on the credability of it as well... I mailed him to ask where he found the movie and awaiting his reply...
I post here if he answers
(that will be for tomorrow because right now it's passed my bedtime, lol)

edit on 17/6/2011 by GypsK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

I was thinking the same thing... if it is real which I doubt, but if it is...

are these buildings somewhere else? where are they? is it a reflection of some kind? if not where do the images come from? I can understand hills or mountains in the distance behind a bank of cloud, but buildings and cars and people...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I think it's simply a video of a flooded river, and they're not baffled by some magical city which appeared out of thin air but is an illusion, they're interested in the flooded river. There is no mirage, it's just a foggy, flooded river with real buildings in the background. That's what the news story is about, the river, their not attempting to capture a mirage-city on camera, they're filming the river.
edit on 17-6-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ReVoLuTiOn76

Was bluebeam put in our minds just so we would not believe in events like this one. Everyone is screaming Bluebeam about everything. 911, aliens, asteriods. Great way to cover the truth about our reality. Say it is Bluebeam and move along. Nothing to see.

I believe it is very esoteric. Another dimension possibly. We will know in the end.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
That is cool, Hmm, maybe we live in another alternate dimension. Haven't you seen Fringe.
Who says it can't be possible.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
this is just some sort of chinese tomfoolery and nothing more. lol, it's funny how some people get sucked in by these sort of shenanigans.
edit on 17-6-2011 by Drowzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The fake ITN logo is VERY suspicious
methinks very likely a hoax,
I havnt read the whole thread, has Phage stepped in? Because i doubt it would have gotten to page 3 if he had.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

The spring mirage for which Uozu is famous for may be seen on warm, sunny, windless days from April to June. Refraction of light at the boundary between warm air above and colder air near the surface of the sea is responsible for the phenomenon. During a mirage, faraway objects such as ships at sea or the coastline appear to grow vertically, and may display bar-code-like stripes. In a Class A Mirage, the image of an object may appear upside-down above it.

en.wikipedia.org...

someone probably borrowed this idea(the mirages off Japan are said to often resemble city scapes).
but this video is obviously not a mirage, sometimes ats, youre a little embaressing.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

This happens every so many years. I think that is where the myth about the city on the back of the giant turtle comes from. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Mirages aren't detailed. The are mere silhouettes.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Matthew 24:24 "...and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Is this a deliberate example of how, using video fakery and a
willing Mass Media, even ridiculous scenarios can attain life.
I am thinking that it could be a not-so-subtle expose of the much
more plausible, animated mirage that was 9/11, that the Main Stream Media
sold and continues to sell to all the lightbulb-hasn't-gone-on-yet crowds among us.
I am sure every major world government must know of the 9/11 fakery and they
all cannot be friends of the US/Isreali/British/Nazi perpetrators. Or can they?
We sooo need some good guys to fight the bad guys.

Wishful thinking, i suppose.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

This one seems to have better quality: newscontent.cctv.com...
Around 5 seconds into the video there is even something that looks like a small paris wheel.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
reply to post by AnimusInvictus

The person who uploaded the vid to youtube is doing research on the credability of it as well... I mailed him to ask where he found the movie and awaiting his reply...
I post here if he answers
(that will be for tomorrow because right now it's passed my bedtime, lol)

edit on 17/6/2011 by GypsK because: (no reason given)

After doing that armchair thing, I found this:

Photo of bridge

They appear to be flooded badly.
This video seems to be a little misleading:
Go ogle Map of the area
The area to the north of the bridge seems to be the direction this camera is facing.
They're building things, they got flooded, it's not a mirage, the reporting source must have missed something.

edit on 17-6-2011 by AnimusInvictus because: Can't get my bearings well with this video.

edit on 17-6-2011 by AnimusInvictus because: better linkage

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
What a complete crock!

The water manages to flow nicely around the mirage trees, the clip isn't on the ITN website, and the reporter isn't a voice I've heard before (I'm in the UK) - and she does sound a bit suspect, far too sexy a voice for British news! If this were real, it would have made headlines around the world instantly.

Nicely done, but no cigar.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Christ, people. You're looking at the result of severe flooding (probably in Japan).

Give me your badges, detectives.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I'm saying this is a Project Bluebeam test. Notice the fog. The fog is used as a masking so the defined projected image cannot be seen and so it further enhances the realism of the "mirage."

Fog, is used for many things, like in movies: to mask the defined images, to build mystery, to gain attention, and to bring an unsettling feeling to those who look. It gets people to ask themselves: " What can be in that fog?", or, "Wow! Look how the fog creates this wonderful mirage. I wonder how it does that! Fog is SO mysterious!"

Luckily there's the fog, or who else can take credit for an impossible mirage? I'm thinking we are going to be seeing many more "impossible" mirages throughout the world. The visual Deception has been put into 2nd gear.

People believed the Magic Bullet Theory --surprisingly, and here people believe the Magic Fog Theory --surprisingly.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

You guys are pulling my leg right? It's the OTHER side of a foggy flooded river
With different dialog added. Ill take some video of our river next time it's foggy and post
It for flags and stars. You can't just buy into everything can you.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
The source listed in the OP is CCTV. This is a Chinese News station. This is extremely disturbing to see this could possbily be broadcast to milions of chinese people as a real event.

If ITN really covered this story and it is not a mash up on utube they should be ashamed of themselves.

Please watch the clip at this link. THis is the station that is responsible for your mirage.

online.wsj.com...

anyone who thinks that mirage is genuine needs to get off their medication.

I completely see your point, but do not regard it as proof to discredit the station. That clip is about their new planes, surely they would be smart enough to not use a clip of planes from the 80's, unless its meant to be representational. Perhaps, they do not want to broadcast their new planes appearance on a worldwide medium. Whether or not this quick theory of mine is true or not, makes little difference, because it is not the same topic, or even reporter for that matter.

Also, maybe the reporter in charge of getting the footage of the plane somehow lost or didnt capture the footage and improvised.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join