It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing mirage image appears over Xan'an river in China 17/6/11

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

nice find!

I've been trying to locate that ferry wheel and the building behind it for hours yesterday but couldn't find a picture of it.

Guess that makes it 100% hoax then. Not the image, but the idea that it's a mirrage.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
It's Brigadoon.
Well, sorta.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
Sometimes on ATS, people's minds are so open their brains have fallen out.
Its an "antisheep" phenomenon - where ATS users are so eager and desperatly keen to prove to themselves that they arent sheep, that they will believe ANYTHING that they think is unusual or out of the norm or something a sheep might not believe.
And in that way, become some of the most gullible people on the planet.

"Anti-sheep phenomenon!" That is so awesome -- that's got to catch on. So ATS, too.

It scares me that anyone would think the OP clip is real.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

still thank you for this thread OP..i enjoyed it

like a mirage in the desert..it was too good to be true

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Pseudonaut

"It scares me that anyone would think the OP clip is real."

ye i guess you are the creator of the cosmos

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
What a interesting thread..I've never seen anything like this before its amazing..If its a hoax its a good one ..I enjoyed the video even if its not real..thanks

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Hoax or not... ITN did cover this...

news.itn.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
reply to post by JohnySeagull

I don't think so its ITN News. How far in real terms are the buildings are they really below the horizone and being projected up by the water molecules or are they hundreds of miles away. Because that would be impossible as far as I am aware.

The ITN logo tricked me( edit to add infact the ITN news clip was real news.itn.co.uk...) however the mirage did not as I said it would have to be just below the horizon and be projected up for it to be a true mirage .en.wikipedia.org...

Superior mirage

A superior mirage occurs when the air below the line of sight is colder than that above. This is called a temperature inversion, since it does not represent the normal temperature gradient of the atmosphere. In this case the light rays are bent down and so the image appears above the true object, hence the name superior. Superior mirages are in general less common than inferior mirages, but when they do occur, they tend to be more stable, as cold air has no tendency to move up or warm air to move down.

Superior mirages are most common in polar regions, especially over large sheets of ice with a uniform low temperature. They also occur at more moderate latitudes, although in those cases they are weaker and less smooth and stable. For example, a distant shoreline may appear to tower and look higher (and thus perhaps closer) than it really is. Because of the turbulence, there seem to be dancing spikes and towers. This type of mirage is also called the Fata Morgana or hillingar in the Icelandic language.

edit on 18-6-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-6-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
It seems Architectonical Mirages find themselves comfortable glowing off China coasts... Or at least they love to be reported there.

Chonqing
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c4eee57c730d.jpeg[/atsimg]

Qingdao
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a5e8e3790c0b.jpeg[/atsimg]

Tianjin
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6bf4cd59f777.jpeg[/atsimg]

Shangdong
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ddf580584e06.jpg[/atsimg]

earthchamber11.blogspot.com...
www.pureinsight.org...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
"Sometimes on ATS, people's minds are so open their brains have fallen out"

And truly uncreative repeaters who pretend to be scientific repeate this quote.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
wow!
Thats crazy!

another youtube commenter said what I was thinking..

This is more like a manifestation of another world from another dimension or parallel reality due to mixing of two frequency ranges of the ours reality and thats of the other reality.

XNAME41

haha!
Watching "charlie jade" recently online probably helped the thought..
but I do believe parallel realties do exist, and just may be able to merge, someday, somehow..

Unless there is a fully scientific, and logical explanation for it?
I didnt read anything yet, only watched the video.
So pardon my possible ignorance here. lol

Thats amazing though.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
So have we confirmed this as real or not. Seems like the first page had a lot of debunkers, or were they just disinfo agents?
edit on 18-6-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Since when did mirage = fragile earth? Uh.. Hasnt this happened before in the sam location? Regardless.. We see mirages often. You may be looking at one right now. Eta- haha. Fringe was right. Quick! Find peter.
edit on 18-6-2011 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
As OP of this thread I'm calling it a hoax.

thats nice of you. you might drop the mods a line to put this in the hoax bin. it seems there is more folks coming along and swallowing this garbage.

i would love to hear why any sane person could possible think this was a real event?

(ITN should be ashamed of themselves for broadcasting chinese brainwashing)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I'm totally confused. I watched the video saw a skyline with low fog (like San Francisco on a foggy morning), and couldn't figure out what all the hub bub was about. I was interpreting "mirage" as a poor word choice for the fact that it just looked neat, like the buildings were floating in the clouds. Not that there were was scenery visible that wasn't actually there. I didn't get that in any description.

So I'm confused about what people are calling hoax on?

ETA: Okay, I get your going off the woman's commentary, that really doesn't say much. Optical illusion of what? She really doesn't say enough to even get what the optical illusion really is. ???
edit on 18-6-2011 by kalamatas because: ETA

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Has anybody seen my wife, Morgan Fairchild? it's getting late and I need my coffee.

Non-sequitur - Statement that has no relation to topic at hand.

Anybody who for one second thinks this is a mirage is part of the test to measure the extent of citizens willingness to believe fantasy.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Mirage..or a hidden city?

Does anyone know what buildings or city it is?

It kills me that they are calling it a mirage..are they serious?A mirage?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
next there will be a godzilla sighting

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Lol people are so eager to put this in the hoax bin...why?

That would just spark people's interests more you would think!

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333
Has anybody seen my wife, Morgan Fairchild? it's getting late and I need my coffee.

Non-sequitur - Statement that has no relation to topic at hand.

Anybody who for one second thinks this is a mirage is part of the test to measure the extent of citizens willingness to believe fantasy.

the scary thing is there is plenty of them out there who do.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join