It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing mirage image appears over Xan'an river in China 17/6/11

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

An amazing mirage appeared on Thursday at dusk at the Tunxi section of the Xin'an River in Huangshan City, east China's Anhui Province, when continuous pouring rain had just stopped.

edit:
ORIGINAL VID AT LINK BELOW (China central television)
newscontent.cctv.com...

I saw an article about this on our msm today, quite amazing! I never seen something like this before, but doing a search there have been plenty of these mirages in history.
Here's a link on ats from 2006:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

More on this optical illusion 'Fata Morgana's' on wikipedia, it's an interesting read if you haven't heard of these before
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 17/6/2011 by GypsK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
hundreds of people have died in china becasuse of the flooding.

i'm guessing this video is some sick joke showing the flooding and merely changing the translation.

hoax bin asap.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

I don't think so its ITN News. How far in real terms are the buildings are they really below the horizone and being projected up by the water molecules or are they hundreds of miles away. Because that would be impossible as far as I am aware.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
so correct me if i am wrong ? this image just appeared in the middle of the river. An image of high rise buildings complete with street lighting and coloured roofs.

thats sounds very strange to see such detail. Could this be something else ?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

That is awesome! Personally - I believe it's a glimpse into another dimension. In previous articles, it was mentioned that moving cars and groups of people moving about were visiable. I don't see how a mirage can produce live, moving things like that. IDK. Fascinating at best! Good job!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
It's really a cool video.

I would like to hear another translation.

This is beyond incredible.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Project Bluebeam? 3D holographic projections? just maybe...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

its showing flooding in china. you people are insane.

this is not an offical ITN posting. It is presented by some guy on utube. why would you think its genuine just because the itn logo flashing up?

go and find the original video uploaded by ITN and i will gladly admit i am the fool here?

what is gone wrong with people on this planet. the drugs must have got really good.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
This is absolutely incredible! I would love to have seen this in person

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
by and far the absolutely the most baffling thing I have ever seen, I mean ever. I am completely stumped. I mean seriously WTF, no way this is a mirage, it is either a very elaborate hoax, or THEE most compelling evidence for alternative universes ever

I wish there was comparative video of the area before the "mirage" it doesn't seem to be a reflection of the surroundings, but that needs a 360 degree sweep with the camera to be sure

Seriously I am baffled, a complete image of a a city appears over a river?

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I'm calling BS all the way. There is no way this is possible. Please use your brain on this one people.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
That is most definately not a typical mirage. Either it is a hoax or something else.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Is mirage some type of graphics software?
I like the interdimensional portal idea
just because I like sci-fi.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Here's the link to the cctv: China Central Television, it's the source where other msm got their vid

newscontent.cctv.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The source listed in the OP is CCTV. This is a Chinese News station. This is extremely disturbing to see this could possbily be broadcast to milions of chinese people as a real event.

If ITN really covered this story and it is not a mash up on utube they should be ashamed of themselves.

Please watch the clip at this link. THis is the station that is responsible for your mirage.

online.wsj.com...

anyone who thinks that mirage is genuine needs to get off their medication.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I'm sorry but your link brings me to a clip about chinese topgun fighter jets. Maybe I'm not looking at the right page?
Could you provide a direct link to the mirage vid on that site?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK

I'm sorry but your link brings me to a clip about chinese topgun fighter jets. Maybe I'm not looking at the right page?
Could you provide a direct link to the mirage vid on that site?

you are looking at the right page.

the clip relates to an article in the wall street journal . its demostrating how the news channel CCTV (who are broadcasting this mirage clip) tried to pass off a scene from TOP GUN as one of their fighters in action.

DO you think a channel like this can be trusted??

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The link the video has in its youtube description is from 2006.

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

Originally posted by GypsK

An amazing mirage appeared on Thursday at dusk at the Tunxi section of the Xin'an River in Huangshan City, east China's Anhui Province, when continuous pouring rain had just stopped.

edit:
ORIGINAL VID AT LINK BELOW (China central television)
newscontent.cctv.com...

I saw an article about this on our msm today, quite amazing! I never seen something like this before, but doing a search there have been plenty of these mirages in history.
Here's a link on ats from 2006:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

More on this optical illusion 'Fata Morgana's' on wikipedia, it's an interesting read if you haven't heard of these before
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 17-6-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Well, if the fata morgana is real then it truely is amazing.

If the cctv news site can be trusted or not? All the major msm in Europe seem to think so since they all linked to that page.
For arguments sake, let's say it is not real, why would they create a story like that? Why would a national news source create a hoax?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Nope, the link in the youtube vid dates 17/6/2011
The page you linked is from another event in 2006, which is also in my OP with a link to an article about that on ATS

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join