It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Semitism

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Ok i'll change my avatar for time being yea?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by solid007

Maybe you need to take that light thats under you and look at it without the mask.

So what you need to do is step out of the smokescreen and show your face.

Answer the questions or how can I say it, Dont let the door slam your butt on the way out of this thread. Thankyou

edit on 05/10/1993 by TikkunAlex because: (no reason given)

edit on 05/10/1993 by TikkunAlex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Actually it doesn't matter.My mistake for bringing this subject UP and i hope i didn't offended anyone , if your narrow minded then ooops a dazy

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TikkunAlex

Seriously , how Can i come in from the smoke screen? like neo the matrix

edit on 15-6-2011 by solid007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Your broken English put aside, I only partly agree with the first post in that I can see what's being implied. What's being implied is that a multitude of Jews may label anyone an "anti-Semite" who does not agree with them, don't support the US foreign aid to Israel, etc. For example Ben Stein called Ron Paul an anti-Semite simply because of his stance on foreign policy and how we needed to stop funding Israel, among many other nations. It's a fact, and quite obvious, that the word anti-Semite is abused, used as a smear-word, and generally just a cheapshot. That said, I don't believe the mans' quote is at all scientific or fact. Sure there some real anti-Semites out there who hold prejudice, hate, and bigotry towards Jews and are essentially their "anti". Pretty much common sense. I can see where you're coming from OP, but if you're trying to say that one mans quote now accounts as the accepted definition of any particular word, then you're just being childish.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

No not like Neo. I see you don't seem to like my question, you keep pushing away from it why?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

I agree its my crappy english , oh well

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
Your broken English put aside, I only partly agree with the first post in that I can see what's being implied. What's being implied is that a multitude of Jews may label anyone an "anti-Semite" who does not agree with them, don't support the US foreign aid to Israel, etc. For example Ben Stein called Ron Paul an anti-Semite simply because of his stance on foreign policy and how we needed to stop funding Israel, among many other nations. It's a fact, and quite obvious, that the word anti-Semite is abused, used as a smear-word, and generally just a cheapshot. That said, I don't believe the mans' quote is at all scientific or fact. Sure there some real anti-Semites out there who hold prejudice, hate, and bigotry towards Jews and are essentially their "anti". Pretty much common sense. I can see where you're coming from OP, but if you're trying to say that one mans quote now accounts as the accepted definition of any particular word, then you're just being childish.

Well said!!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Your question is waste of space and you wont get anything from me , seriously

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by solid007

Your question is waste of space and you wont get anything from me , seriously

Aw why so serious? What happened to that smile?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Goodday guys , I'm off..cheers
edit on 15-6-2011 by solid007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

There we go, I was worried for a second, that I wouldn't see Mr Boogieman again. And you took my advise and took off you mask, even though it was for a sec. Are you of Arabic descent?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Huh? I wasn't saying your English had to deal anything with my view on the matter; that's why I said "put aside". And I saw your changed avatar.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by digginapony

The people who many erroneously call Jews are Khazars who converted to hide behind Judaism in 740 AD. Their ancestors never stepped foot in the holy land. The Semites are the Palestinians. Therefore, since ISrael denies the rights of Palestinians and and is committing genocide and ethnic cleansing against them, the Israelis are the anti-Semites.

. . .

You and the dozen people that starred this ridiculous post need to look into Judaism.

I mean your whole original premise is wrong.

A Jew is the modern name for the people who were called Israelites and Hebrews in earlier times. They came to be known as Jews because after the split of Israel, the southern kingdom was called the Kingdom of Judah. With the destruction of the northern kingdom of Israel, the kingdom of Judah became the sole Hebrew state and the term Jew was applied to all Israelites.

Now we must ask, who was an Israelite? According to the Torah, Israelite means both a people, the descendants of the patriarch Jacob/Israel, and the historical population of the kingdom of Israel, or a follower of the God of Israel and Mosaic law. I know you will gravitate to the "or" in that.

Let me put it to you this way. If you are a direct descendant of Abraham, you are an Israelite. If you obey YHVH's word, you are an Israelite. You are grafted in to the family. Adopted, if you will. This is shown all through the Torah. You can research it for yourself, though I know you will not.

So if these people that you call "Khazars" are following Torah, then by definition, they are Israelites, which is in today's terms, Jews.

edit on 6/16/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Very Nicely said Two Thumbs Up

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I know Lemon.fresh sort of addressed this post in his above, but really, in the name of historical accuracy, I gotta take a crack at it.

Originally posted by digginapony

The people who many erroneously call Jews are Khazars who converted to hide behind Judaism in 740 AD.

Incorrect on a few levels. Let's start with the last one. The Khazars did in fact convert to Judaism somewhere after the date you mentioned. They were a Turkic people in the Caucasus and steppes north of there who practiced, up to that point, whatever their traditional version of Tengriism was (it's a form of shamanic-based sky-worship, to pare it down to the bones) Their king converted for one easy reason; economics. he had Islam pressing in from the south, and Christianity from the Northwest. This created a dilemma; both Christians and Muslims were expected to wage war against "pagans and non-believers." But to convert to either of those religions would mean war with the other. So King Dude or whatever, decides to give Judaism a try. He gets pretty good results; it helps too that he sits on a major trade route and is, in the contect of the local terrain, an effective military power.

The conversion was a measured step. And it's not as if they suddenly became ultra-Orthodox Jews. In fact, their version of Judaism probably was just Tengriism with the Torah thrown in here and there. You find that sort of syncretism among the steppe peoples all the way to today; a Mongol herder can be a shamanic tengriist Buddhist who has icons of jesus and prays towards Mecca. he's just covering his bases.

Speaking of the Mongols, they smashed the Khazars in the 13th century. The Seljuks and Tajiks had already broken most of the Khazar empire's power, and when they refused tribute to the Khan, well, sucks to be them.

We bring these points together to one important conclusion; the Khazars had no lasting impact at all on Judaism. They're an interesting footnote, if that much. They dwelled in west-central Asia, practiced some unknown and forgotten variety of Judaism, and were extinct as any sort of power by the time the middle ages rolled around.

The people who many people correctly call Jews are just Europeans whose ancestors converted or, in a few cases, immigrated from the near east. I say correctly because anyone who practices Judaism is a Jew. Judaism is not genetic.

Their ancestors never stepped foot in the holy land. The Semites are the Palestinians.

Semite is a linguistic classification that covers everyone from the ancient Egyptians to the modern Maltese. You're in the neighborhood though; today's Palestinians are, in the vast majority, the descendants of the people who told the stories that you find in the bible.

Therefore, since ISrael denies the rights of Palestinians and and is committing genocide and ethnic cleansing against them, the Israelis are the anti-Semites.

Genocide and ethnic cleansing are different things. Israel is not guilty of genocide. However, Israel IS guilty of ethnic cleansing. There is no systemic endeavor to render Arabs extinct - that would be genocide. However, Isrel is clearly trying to purge the local Arabs from the territory Israel wants, and is destroying their culture and history to do so - ethnic cleansing.

Though Israelis are (unfortunately) as deluded by their media and politicians as Americans are, I'm of the opinion that a majority of them are decent, forward-thinking people. The Zionists who rule the government are most definitely anti-semites - even in the sense of the word meaning they hate Jews. After all, they campaign by standing on heaps of dead Jews, don't they?

Look into the Herzl, the Balfour Declaration, and then the Transfer Agreement. There is a reason AshkeNAZI Jews like Rothschild and Warburg funded the Nazis. It is time to rise from the slumber.

For the same reason poor people donate to the republican party; because they're dumb as a sack of dead cats.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
In my mind when someone hates a Jew or an Arab (both are Semites) simply because of their ethnicity they are an anti Semite. When someone criticises either because of their actions it is simply criticism.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

And when that hate is veiled as criticism?

Or when the criticism comes out of hatred?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelchanneller
reply to post by Logman

reply to post by Logman

How so am I a fool? Every time someone gets a hold of this stuff, a Jew is mistreated. Wait and see...I can set my watch by it.

And who the hell are you? I do not deserve the Tree of Light, but I and my son and daughter and father and mother deserve to be dead because a good Jew is a dead Jew.

Well, you will be happy to know that my husband's entire family save one died in Auschwitz. You will also be happy to know that the Catholics in my family in Poland also died in Auschwitz.

I expect you's toast with the beer steins. Revel in this logman, I alone can account for a who helluva of a lot of dead Jews.

Oh...I forgot...on my husbands mother's side, two entire generations save the youth were slaughtered in the Russian pogroms. You must be very happy now. Hilarious isn't it. And for agoodjewisadeadjew...well you must be high fiven the buddies now.
edit on 15-6-2011 by angelchanneller because: OMG! I forgot the pogroms

Yea, you are hilarious and I believe nothing you say. But you are a Jew and therefore the world owes you something. Got it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join