It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreskin Man Outrages Jewish Community

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
I find it funny that circumcision is "bad", but late term abortion is "good". So, it's okay to kill the kid, but by no means can you do something that the kid will NEVER remember, and will actually prevent disease. Hmmmmmm.

Unfortunately, the majority of people seem to form their views on issues within their society through bias and partisanship; whether that bias is political, religious, philosophical or any other.

I think that partisan politics, adhering to a left/right/liberal/conservative/whatever ideology way of thinking, is destructive, regressive and - if you'll pardon my French - complete bollocks.

Despite the fact that the two paragraphs above don't immediately address your comments, my point is that it is perfectly possible to form an opinion on any issue without it needing to ''fit'' with any other issue.

A lot of peoples' views on anything and everything are formed as independently as conceivably possible, and they are not restricted by religious/political/philosophical ''rules'' that other people put upon them.

I'm both anti-circumcision and anti-abortion, and my views, on both subjects, are formed independent of each other and independently from the political ideologies that so many people willingly, and uncritically let interfere with the way that they ''think''.

edit on 14-6-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by eleventhsun

To be entirely fair, that's not really an accurate metaphor, considering parents and pedophiles have distinctly different motivations.

And circumcision is not just some archaic mutilation ritual.

There are definite advantages to shedding the turtleneck, some health related, some just logistical.

Perhaps the question of 'to cut or not to cut' can never be truly answered, since no one can truly experience both sides of the debate.

It's like arguing whether it hurts worse to be kicked in the testes or punched in the boob.

Then again 21st century family, maybe some of you could answer that.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I find it funny that circumcision is "bad", but late term abortion is "good". So, it's okay to kill the kid, but by no means can you do something that the kid will NEVER remember, and will actually prevent disease. Hmmmmmm.

You are the only person in this thread to make that equation.

The subjects are mutually exclusive, circumcision has nothing to do with abortion
and making that comparison is ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits

And circumcision is not just some archaic mutilation ritual.

There are definite advantages to shedding the turtleneck, some health related, some just logistical.

You repeat dogma, you have no evidence for these claims.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It made me laugh really hard when some person in this thread said that
uncircumcised guys are "jealous"...

That is so unbelievably stupid.

Don't you think we could just go get snipped if we were jealous ?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Precisely.
Neither do you.

It is a dogma that I know, as opposed to one that I do not.

I would rather share the dogma that I know with my child than pose even the slightest possible risk to him in my failure to act. I do not have knowledge of a turtlenecker's lifestyle, plain and simple.

I get that you are outraged by this seemingly barbaric act foisted upon our innocent youth.

But, the sheer act of living is an intense struggle, one that, as a parent, I want to make as decent and enjoyable for my child as possible.

Sometimes, that means making very tough decisions, and this was but one of mine.

Someday, I hope he has that responsibility too.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I am Circumcised and will damn well do the same to my boy(s) if I have any. You are all being foolish, the kid is never going to complain to his parents, "why did you cut this nasty sleeve off my penis and make me like the rest of the boys in the locker room?"

Go out and as some females whether they prefer men cut or uncut. Should people be able to cut their own foreskin off or their meat in half or stick pins in it?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Version100
You are the only person in this thread to make that equation.

The subjects are mutually exclusive, circumcision has nothing to do with abortion
and making that comparison is ridiculous.

Wrong. If the problem is "abuse", there is NO greater "abuse" than killing someone. They are related, it's just abortion is a much greater "abuse" to the child. Fact!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
You are all being foolish, the kid is never going to complain to his parents, "why did you cut this nasty sleeve off my penis and make me like the rest of the boys in the locker room?"

You're absolutely correct, my kid would never complain like that because where I am from the majority of people are not routinely circumcised as it's recognised as what it is; barbarism.

In fact, in America, only 33% of boys still undergo circumcision[1], making your potential circumcised child a minority. So much for being like all the others in the locker room.

Go out and as some females whether they prefer men cut or uncut.

I'd place a bet on the majority not being able to tell the difference whilst the penis is erect.
edit on 14-6-2011 by Goathief because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I can almost hear another wave of people promoting more ignorance with "oh but when they're young it's not so bad as when they're already grown up since [insert more pseudoscience and groundless opinions]." Basic fact remains: the babies are denied the freedom of choice.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Since when is late term abortion good according to anti-circumcisionists? Late term abortions are widely considered an immoral act, I am sure those against circumcision are not an exception..

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
When my son was born I had him circumcised, to "match his father"......
If I had to do it over again, I WOULD NOT DO IT!

My poor baby suffered from problems with it for months.
And its not like that was my fault, Im a nurse for gawd sakes
His little member just didnt want to heal.......

It was horrible......

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
A boy who has his foreskin can still CHOOSE to have a circumcision.

For the Jews/Christians/etc who perform circumcision on babies, I challenge the entire doctrine.

The men who CHOSE to follow Abraham and have their foreskins off did so as cultural adults in their tribe.

This is not in any way the same thing as doing it to a baby.

You take nothing away from a person by allowing them the choice.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I am Circumcised and will damn well do the same to my boy(s) if I have any. You are all being foolish, the kid is never going to complain to his parents, "why did you cut this nasty sleeve off my penis and make me like the rest of the boys in the locker room?"

Go out and as some females whether they prefer men cut or uncut. Should people be able to cut their own foreskin off or their meat in half or stick pins in it?

I'd suggest you go look up videos showing a circumcision being done.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Circumcision can be done at any age. So why should it be legal to remove part of the body so young, when the child would be able to make the decision themselves when they are older?

I live in England where circumcision is rare, girls here find a circumcised penis to look odd, so it has ntohing to do with how the penis actually looks, it's just the norm. I have actually seen girls burst out laughing at an image of a circumcised penis. (Just to throw the other side of the argument on looks) So if it stopped being the normal thing in America girls wouldn't suddenly find it gross and disgusting, it would be perfectly normal to them.

Now personally I am uncircumcised and would never lose my foreskin, but if you google the experiences of those who have been circumcised as adults, they say it definitly noticeably reduces the sensation during sexual intercourse. Why would you deny your child of something so amazing?

Meatitis, which is a inflamation of the opening of the penis is higher in circumcised men due to the higher amount of chafing. And to the posters mentioning penile cancer, predictions say that about 4 in 2,400 men will get said cancer and one will die from it.

You are statistically slightly more likely to die slipping in the shower/bath, and far more likely to die for any number of reasons in the next year. I really fail to see this as a reason to strip your child of the choice, personally I was unable to retract my foreskin until my early teens due to the skin not growing fast enough, and never suffered so much as a mild infection. The chances of having any problems due to a foreskin are so minor.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
It always makes me laugh to read the posts of the circumcised male ATS members poorly defending the grounds for their snipped manhood and fiddle for the most tenuous of excuses of why it's a good thing.

You were circumcised - you may like it, you may have simply convinced yourself that you like it. The rest of us are more than satisfied being anatomically complete as nature intended. Get over it. Accept it.

Listing all the "supposed" benefits or foolish myths and medical quackery in the world won't grow your foreskin back.

If you enjoy being cut, that's fine but as another member pointed out, if the rest of us thought it was equally enjoyable we'd have mutilated ourselves by now. Take the hint.

Your quarrel is with your parents and not your hooded contemporaries on ATS.

That being said, it's always a little comic relief.

edit on 14/6/2011 by rexusdiablos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I repent unto you, foreskin police.
I'm sure there is a special place in hell for those of us who blindly follow tradition, and when your judgement damns you, I'll meet you there.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I wish that my genitalia was not mutilated based upon Jews religious superstitions. Why are you Jews so obsessed with mutilating the genitalia of young boys penises? That is some of the most sick twisted religious beliefs that exist among any religion.

JEWS STOP MUTILATING YOUNG BABY BOYS PENISES!

Maybe it is time we go and visit the Jews and start doing our own removal of their genitalia. Cut it all off then see how much they like having their penises cut off.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
- I like my foreskin
- I would have never personally chosen to get it cut off
- Removing it would have made sex considerably less fun
- I consider it mutilation, and yes I would have deeply resented my parents for touching my penis in that way.

This is not something for which I feel parents should have a right to do to their children. If this is ok, then I guess you won't mind if I cut the forefinger off my firstborn child? I could care less about semitism, their belief in mutilation is barbaric and a true sign of what these people are like underneath their screams of anti-semitism (which they gleefully use whenever they are doing something wrong).

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

sure people can do as they wish, to themselves, only, Actually the ladies who have tried both, and haven't had a nightmare with a dirty head cheese guy, will tell you that the foreskin feels better and it also requires less lube, and they get less raw from sex and can generally take it for longer. If I was your boy I would wake up one night in the middle of the night, and cut your dick half off, see how you like not having a choice over your manhood too eh?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join