It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreskin Man Outrages Jewish Community

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
OMG! LOL! If America does not tolerate female circumcision, why do anyone feel the need to tolerate the Jewish communities crime against child circumcision. We don't even allow parents to use faith to heal their children, yet, when it comes to condemning the Jewish community of circumcision as evil. They cry out anti-Semite when it has nothing to do with hating Jews. Anti-Semite is full of hot air.

An anti-circumcision cartoon is generating outrage in the Jewish community. Yep ban those evil Nazi comics ... mutilation of childrens genitals, not a problem!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1758992bca7c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
i wonder what % of American men are cut, too

+33 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Because male circumcision, which is NOTHING compared to female genitalia mutilation... reduces pretty much completely the chances for cancer. Not to mention all the other positives of male circumcision. Do a little research before you try to pretend that male circumcision and female mutilation are equal. They are not.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

Great idea on the post. I can see your point of view. That being said.... I am cut and I am glad. The ladies love it too. Oh, I was raised catholic by my parents if that makes a difference?

I don't want to be too controversial here, but I don't think male circumcision is as bad as female circumcision. I would assume there is more risk and mutilation involved with female circumcision. That is normal in some cultures, I am not here to judge. It's funny to see the reaction of some of the people in the video

+41 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

You are cutting flesh from a child without his/her consent. I see no difference.

You ever hear correlation does not imply causation? What logical reason is there to think that cutting off foreskin can actually reduce cancer? What kind of Cancer? Penis Cancer? Is this a big issue with men who aren't cut?

Anyway, as for the OP

The guy's name is Hess haha now that's kind of funny.

I don't see a problem with the comic. Going around chopping off parts of baby boy's penises doesn't really seem like something that should be off limits to make a comic book about. That sounds kind of wrong. I mean shouldn't be off limits to demonize people that go around chopping off bits of babies penises.
edit on 13-6-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

+31 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

Children should be protected from this kind of heinous action, this is child abuse.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

In some sense, I agree with you. There is a flare up right now concerning Russel Crowe who has also been speaking out against male circumcision:

STORY.

So in and of itself, I do not have a personal issue with those who are against male circumcision. Nor do I consider it anti-Semitic. Just as much as I would support someone speaking out against female circumcision and would not want to be called anti-Islamic.

BUT... surely you see the propaganda in that cartoon? That is pretty obvious, IMHO. Some thug restraining the mother of the child while a sinister looking rabbi comes in for the snip. Then enters super hero foreskin man to save the day against the evil Jewish villains.

There are other ways to get your point across than that. Besides, male circumcision is not just a 'Jewish thing.' The act did not originate with them nor are they the sole practitioners.

So, yeah. This cartoon is pretty much propaganda.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I can think of no better way of professing your allegiance to a God than by forcibly removing a piece of your genitalia to honor their taste for flesh.

Sure makes me a believer in the holy omnipotence. (or were they simply impotent??. Hmmm....)

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
reply to post by amazed

You are cutting flesh from a child without his/her consent. I see no difference.

Exactly The cancer argument is self-limiting in that of course if you cut piece of something off, it is less likely to develop cancer as there are less motile cells to mutate (duh).

I've never felt what a foreskin felt like and I hear it has some 25,000 to 50,000 nerve endings. You loose those forever once its cut off. Why the first thing at birth? Sheesh

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
While i am pro-circumcision i am a little confused as to why parents cant tatto or pierce w/o the childs permision per say but you can do body mutilation, which is what it is by definition but is not quite on the level of the female version to be fair.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'm not Jewish, but also cut (my parents weren't religious, but from catholic and protestant families). I don't see the big deal, female circumcision, on the other hand, is a much more harmful practice, and can't really compare. I personally wouldn't change a thing about my own circumcision, but if I wasn't circumcised as an infant, I don't think I would ever decide to get it done (as an adult).

+48 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazed
Because male circumcision, which is NOTHING compared to female genitalia mutilation... reduces pretty much completely the chances for cancer. Not to mention all the other positives of male circumcision. Do a little research before you try to pretend that male circumcision and female mutilation are equal. They are not.

Harm None
Peace

Of course they're not equal in severity. But getting stabbed in the arm isn't as severe as getting stabbed in the eye. Doesn't mean that you should go around stabbing people in the arm, and then argue "well it wasn't your eye, so shut up!"

And the chances for cancer on the penis are already astronomically low, and the "benefits" gained from circumcision can be completely duplicated by teaching your kid "hy, this part rolls back, and you can wash it"

Seriously, do we cut off our children's ears because they never wash behind those?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I am cut but I refused to let my sons be cut.
It is the first of a long list of afronts to natural "maleness" which seems to be seen as some how misogynstic. I guess if the model your striving for is an asexual work force like hive insects it all makes perfect sense.
seed

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Ya gotta admit though, that superhero emblem is hilarious

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Where did our foreskins go, anyone know? I'm guessing some company makes a big profit off each 'snip'

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I worked in a nursery for 4 years and saw/heard many circumcisions. It is a barbaric practice. Almost no babies excaped the procedure. In 4 years and hundreds of babies I only saw two leave the nursery uncut. (They were to small to cut safely) At least the Jews have a "religous" reason for the procedure. One of our Jewish pediatricians said that really according to the faith does not have to be a complete removal of the foreskin it can be nothing but a symbolic little cut to draw blood and that will suffice. All the babies I saw had the foreskin competely removed. The majority of the patients were christian types and all requested the procedure for "cosmetic" reasons. I can't think of any other cosmetic surgery that would be done to a baby at birth. It is not right. The old fashioned idea that they don't feel it becuase they are babies is crap. They are strapped down and scream like they are dying. It is a special high pitched scream that I could always recognize from far down the hall. It is very different from the normal hungry/cranky scream. The doctors are supposed to numb them but it never works right. I would always invite the dads down to the nursery when their sons were being circumcised. No one ever took me up on the offer. Cowards

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
if you are cut and wanna go regain what was lost you can get your foreskin back. From what I hear it makes sex more pleasurable for both male and female when the guy is uncut. I did a report on FGM in highschool and I just cant compare the two. FGM is far more brutal, disrupts the menstrual cycle due to blood's inability to drain properly and is far from sanitary in many cases because its done with things like sharp stones and broken glass. Being american, I have only seen like 1 or 2 guys that were not cut because the majority of the men here are circumcised a day after birth and while it was an adjustment, I wasnt grossed out like some women report to be. Here's the wikiHow on restoration.

www.wikihow.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
If its done for heath purposes that's fine, but I do think kids should be given the right to choose their religion, not be indoctrinated into it before they are old enough to know their own minds. Just because something is tradition it should still involve an element of free will allowing the next generation to make their choice. I have had the 'family' religion, then the school taught one rammed down m throat but I am happy now, because I have had the chance to thoroughly research the main religions and pick the one I think is the truth.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
All in all, I think the circumcision debate is pretty stupid when there are bigger issues out there. Though I still think its messed up to circumcise people at birth. I just don't see any good reason to follow through with one when your kid is too young to decide for himself. It IS an irreversible procedure after-all. What do you do when a grown man determines he would have rather kept his foreskin? I'm cut and I'd imagine most of the people I know are, but you know there are some guys out there who regret it. I don't think there's anything anyone can say to justify this.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I miss my foreskin...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join