It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual ocean floor anomaly situated at a depth of 5 kms

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Hey tauristercus,

Great thread. As some have pointed out there was a thread about this about a year ago.

Anyway, hit Google Earth right away to look for myself.....it's there.

But your quote from Plato, about the Pillars of Hercules, reminded me of this little anomaly:

Don't they look just like two columns?? Probably some natural feature but thought I'd share it anyway.

Peace

edit on 14-6-2011 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-6-2011 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Yep done to death years ago that story and image.

If you do a Google Image search with the words "Atlantis Grid" you'll get at least 40 plus images of the same thing on a Google Chrome page.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
8000 years old underwater structures found off the coast of India, certified man-made by archaeologists, and so far pretty much ignored by the ATS community:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
OP, what gives?

5 pages and no replies / thoughts on your own thread?

Numerous posters have pointed out this subject has been previously covered, numerous times.

I have followed your posts and threads in the past, you seem very intelligent....

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Heliocentric

Those megalithic structures didnt go unnoticed by this archeaologist. Yes it is true, there is more than one megalithic structure under water, there were several temple-like buildings that were flooded when the earth's oceans began to rise. Some of them are now covered by sand and silt and forgotten by time and by man. Those structures are probably alot older than 8,000 years, since 8,000 years ago was around the same time period as the Sumerian civilization. In Sumerian times the ocean was about 300 feet shallower, and some of those strucutures are far deeper than 300 feet, so they had to have been built around the last ice age or the end of it, between 20k and 12k years ago. This time period would have been around the same time that the bahamas were apart of the north american continent when they werent islands, and when cuba was connected to mexico, and when the british isles were also connected to europe.

At some point in time the earths oceans began to rise, some theorize this was caused by the antarctican ice sheet sliding into the ocean, (The Great Flood) which caused a massive near world wide tsunami that was 2 or 3 miles high and spread across the globe flooding the mediteranean which was then just a large lake and creating the "pillars of heracles" a.k.a. the straight of gibralter, which when the mediteranean flooded and rose the floodwaters also rose and flooded into the bosphorous river leading the to black sea which at that time was also just a large lake. We know the black sea was just a lake because the top half of the water is salt water, and the lower half is freshwater, and because underwater archeaologists have discovered foundations of buildings on the bottom of the blacksea so at one point it was just a large lake, probably the size of one of the lochs in scottland.

We also now know that the great flood had to have been real, because all across the world in many areas like the english channel, near the bahamas at bimini road, and in the persian gulf there have been pre-historic settlements and structures discovered under the sea so people lived in these areas before the oceans rose, and ancient babylonian texts talk of a great flood, which even they remembered and passed down over the generations. Theres always a grain or more of truth in any myth or legend, and many more grains of truth when catastrphic events happen on biblical scale, because something so horrendous and terrifying happens to engrain it into peoples memories for all time, the loss of loved ones and family in these events ensure that it will be forever remembered and passed down through the generations.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Um, this was actually in the MSM a couple of years ago. I do believe it's NOT natural, as in nature there are NO 90 degree turns. Nature tends to want to round out everything, i.e. planets, asteroids, comets, moons, stars, etc.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrashUnderride
Um, this was actually in the MSM a couple of years ago. I do believe it's NOT natural, as in nature there are NO 90 degree turns. Nature tends to want to round out everything, i.e. planets, asteroids, comets, moons, stars, etc.

Absolutely false!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Yeah - "Ancient city" makes a LOT more sense than the trawler or sonar explanations... MUCH more likely.

Really, people?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Why so much hate for this thread? "It's been done to death a year ago, boo hoo."

Until we know for sure what it is, I say it's an interesting anomaly and worth looking at again with fresh eyes.

If I were to hazard a guess, I would say it's either an ancient structure, or some country's secret underwater base.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Absolutely AMAZING find man... This is fantastic, downloading google earth now..

you have just found what appears to be the grid of an ancient civilization that is now covered in water.. this is what history is all about.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Originally posted by CrashUnderride

Absolutely false!

False? Have you ONCE EVER seen a square planet, moon, etc.??? Or, OR have you ever seen ANY fissures, etc underwater that are perfectly or near perfectly straight and yet have 90 angles that make PERFECT squares? I sure haven't and I LOVE stuff like this. If you can find one, just ONE undeniably NATURAL example of this. I will gladly retract my statement, but until then, I stand by it. But, good pics in the included thread.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Hey lonewolf, thanks for your reply.

I wish you would have posted that in the 'other' thread, that way we could get an interesting debate going about what those structures are, why and when they were built, etc.

My guess is that they are levees, a hypothesis to be tested. In that case, they are probably around 8000 years old, when that part of India was still above water. If so, it indicates that water levels rose slowly, and not through some tsunami-like flooding event. After all, they had time to realize the problem, and to try to do something about it.
But as you said, the civilization that built the supposed levees is certainly much older. With Göbleki Tepe as the new reference in human history, we can push it way back. But of course, it needs tangible archaeological evidence, and then it has to be quarreled about in academic circles for a few decades before a consensus can be reached.

In any case, now Indian archaeologists know where to look for these early, lost civilizations; behind the walls!

It really is an extraordinary find.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
If you spend some time on Google Earth you'll find these underwater anomalies all over the globe.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
After reading the post i felt i should look around and see if there was anything close to what OP found (also others found this a while back with no answers given on what it is.)

I came across another strange pattern on maps.google.com

It is at this location -71.430678, -153.105469 (you may need to zoom out when you enter this as it may have tried to zoom in all the way with these cords.)

I do not see how people can say they are just cables or created due to the boat sonar when if this was true would there not be more of these patterns all over the ocean?

Yes this is my first post but i read almost everything on ATS and have for quite some time.

Before anyone judges me at least look at the cords i listed on here and think for yourself...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf001

Welcome Aboard, Former Lurker!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Personally, I'm not even moderately well informed on ancient history, but I am suspicious of the OP's square grid-like find. Wouldn't an ancient city be more round or as next best bet, more irregular than square?

Since the shortest distance from the center (the dwelling of the John Gotti of the time) to any point in the dominated territory is a straight line, political expediencies would argue for a circular arrangement of buildings radiating outward from power central.

This to me suggests that the find is not ancient, or that if ancient, it's builders were not threatened in any way.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

It looks inorganic me. There are some other interesting images southwest of Hawaii at 15000 feet. I don't know if that would be dredging or what. It looks similar to what someone else in the thread pointed out off the Azores.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This appears without question (to me) an example of sonar creating false images on the map.
google maps
edit on 14-6-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf001

I looked and yeah, there's something there. not quite sure what though. I did notice that the top of the image, the lines almost connect into a "rift" or fault or whatever. Thought that was interesting.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Wouldn't an ancient city be more round or as next best bet, more irregular than square?

One of the oldest neolithic towns ever found, Catal Huyuk, now in Turkey, is almost 10,000 years old (7,500 BC). To put this in perspective, the first Egyptian step pyramid, was built almost 5,000 years later in 2630 B.C.

Catal Huyuk looked like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/093e74c99b2b.jpg[/atsimg]

Probably easier to build straight walls around it. It does kind of look like um, never mind.

Links: www.tslr.net...
en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join