It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual ocean floor anomaly situated at a depth of 5 kms

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by tauristercus

Can i ask you a question?

Why is it that someone that has been a member of ATS for so long and has a good rating not have seen this post or area of the ocean before on ATS....????

Cant you stick to the topic? Or just leave? You really add nothing, put here the links to the other thread-s and report this one, or just leave, wont matter much either way...

OT: so many things lying on the ocean floors, far too many

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Juanxlink

OT: so many things lying on the ocean floors, far too many

Far too many what, lying around the ocean floor?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I'm not usually the "hey use the search function" guy, but this exact topic and image has been covered here extensively....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Consensus says "image artifacts"...Until we get a dive team or a sub on it we will never know for sure...
edit on 13-6-2011 by Signals because: classified

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
another good find even if it has been posted before....i've never seen this and i spend alot of time on ATS and have been around for awhile

back on topic
interesting atlantis connection. it's about 5000 some feet down, if there was a massive upheave or down heave of land, i wonder how the structure of a walled city would stay intact, ie the fairly straight lines..maybe huge, hundreds of mile portions, would have to move as a single unit. a re-aranging of the surface of the earth.

there are sooooo many anomolies that have been found underwater i wonder how many 'anomolies' have been buried by the land? and it is ashame that we can spend millions of dollars on warfare but almost nothing on exploring anomolies that could and would give humanity a much greater understanding of the history of the earth and of ourselves......oh wait, just answered myself..too much knowledge

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Darn I really hate to do this.

oceanservice.noaa.gov...

Edit: Well it is the official explanation anyway!!

Out of interest (from 2008): thisbluemarble.com...

edit on 13/6/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3c1aefd23825.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/78996e1c7239.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 13-6-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Don't you think that it is odd that the most used spot in the Atlantic seems to form a square pattern right there?

Edit to clarify: The official explanation is that more sonar readings are taken over this particular spot in the Atlantic Ocean, causing more readings in the overlays, thereby causing more details which get put together by google.

Why the heck would they be taking so many sonar readings at this particular spot, if the official explanation is correct???
edit on 13-6-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Im not trying to blow this out of proportion but this is actually some pretty convincing evidence of atlantis. This really needs to be looked at because to many things are right about this, the location being one because if it was anywhere else i would have probably written it off too.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBeezy

Im not trying to blow this out of proportion but this is actually some pretty convincing evidence of atlantis. This really needs to be looked at because to many things are right about this, the location being one because if it was anywhere else i would have probably written it off too.

So you think an average city block in Atlantis was 10 x 11 miles? 'Cause, well... in terms of scale here, we're looking at a patch almost the same geographic size of Sardinia.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Atlantis is in the mudflats of Donana Spain, the mudflats used to be a bay, but an earthquake that caused a giant tsunami which washed mud and debris and collapsed the walls of atlantis, Satellite images and ground penetrating radar were used to find the "sunken/buried" city. Whats more is theyre located just north of the "pillars of heracles".
edit on 13-6-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: missed sentances

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Just wanted to throw this out there as I have never seena thread about it or anyone notice it, but if you go just south east from the tip of south America towards Antarctica, you will see what looks like lines intersecting near the Ice, they almost look like highways. Lots of stuff under the ocean you don't want to find, trust me.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
That is clearly a city, right angles like that don't exist in nature...

clearly they do

For those saying this has already been posted... please take into consideration that some people (like myself) never heard of such a thing, and would not search for it (though I do try to bump old threads whenever something new comes to me, I have been caught creating new threads for old stuffs, because my search terms fail, am I the only one?)

In short, I think sometimes a new thread is good to increase awareness.

Thanks OP!!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
As posted earlier in a link but totally ignored, I'll repost the link given by Havick007.
PDF file about area in question
READ IT! AND READ IT CAREFULLY! THERE ARE ANSWERS INSIDE.

edit on 13-6-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I think I remember when this first hit here at ATS oohh 3 or years ago or better someone did the math and this area is roughly the size of Delaware !! ... just a quick question in comparison ....any one know the differnce in size between new york city and the state of Delaware ???

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

They are caused by scanning boats. I forget exactly why, but basically that's the trail of boats.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I think this has been explained more on ATS than anything out there. Google earth is good for nothing and you will find nothing in it.

Its relics from the sonar mapping the navy did a long time ago. A glitch in the old systems I believe.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

I would echo your remarks, but it is also important to review previous topics to review matter from time to time. A newer member would be well service looking through the archived topics. In some cases, discussion titles may be twisted with intent, and not express the subject in its proper light. But still, valid material is stored on this site already

As for what could be located in these waters, that will be figured out in time.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
When ships collect sonar "imagery" of the ocean bottom, they do so in grid patterns. Many different ships have different quality equipment, and all these different sets of data get stitched together to make one big pretty picture for Google Earth.

The high resolution scans create artifact lines especially when the full high resolution version of the image isn't available. The end result is we see those lines.

But the real question: WHY was a ship doing high resolution scans of that area? What were they looking for?

Pull that thread, and you've got a real story.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

You found these? These were in the news at least a year or two ago.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

I don't buy the "sonar" explanation.
Those lines are 5 km deep; not to mention the altitude of satellite; so how big they really are? What was that sonar doing, planting potatoes at the bottom of the ocean?
Beside, how long will last some lines scratched in the sand on the sea floor? The water is moving all the time...

Very interesting find, S&F.
edit on 13-6-2011 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2011 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join