It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual ocean floor anomaly situated at a depth of 5 kms

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

Every time when something goes out of the box of global (made up) understanding of the world you go aginst it with maths or some hard to read (so you can not understand) theories with lots of "science" like expressions. Do you know that the actual truth is everything that seems paranormal or it comes from granny's stories?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrashUnderride
reply to post by Signals

I'm talking about things affected by weathering. There are no square boulders in nature. They are weathered by wind, water and sand. If it were rocks or anything like that UNDERWATER they would be weathered until they were more round than perfectly square. I'm not sayin' it can't be something natural that looks artificial (see Bimini Road, but who's to stay that's natural as well), I'm just sayin' for all intents and purposes we can say it appears to be artificial, just by the look of the image.

And please, don't be so condescending.

You guys need to get out into nature more.

Tessellated pavement is a rare sedimentary rock formation that occurs on some ocean shores, so named because it fractures into square blocks that appear like tiles, or tessellations. It is formed when rock that has cracked through plate tectonic movement of the Earth's crust is modified by sand and wave action.
Tessellated Pavement Tasmania

Hexagonal Basalt at Giants Causeway Ireland

Honey Valley near Goreme Cappadocia, Turkey

Madagascar Tsingy Limestone formation weathered but definitely not round

Checker-Board Mesa, Zion National Park Utah

Black Rock Sands, near Bude Cornwall

No square lines in nature Huh??? Huh???
Pyrite Marcasite crystal from Spain

edit on 16-6-2011 by LexiconV because: so tempted to be condescending, but I'll just add another link instead

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
this is vey interesting im going to start searching for strange anomalies i just downloaded Google earth

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LexiconV

Originally posted by CrashUnderride
reply to post by Signals

I'm talking about things affected by weathering. There are no square boulders in nature. They are weathered by wind, water and sand. If it were rocks or anything like that UNDERWATER they would be weathered until they were more round than perfectly square. I'm not sayin' it can't be something natural that looks artificial (see Bimini Road, but who's to stay that's natural as well), I'm just sayin' for all intents and purposes we can say it appears to be artificial, just by the look of the image.

And please, don't be so condescending.

You guys need to get out into nature more.

Tessellated pavement is a rare sedimentary rock formation that occurs on some ocean shores, so named because it fractures into square blocks that appear like tiles, or tessellations. It is formed when rock that has cracked through plate tectonic movement of the Earth's crust is modified by sand and wave action.
Tessellated Pavement Tasmania

Hexagonal Basalt at Giants Causeway Ireland

Honey Valley near Goreme Cappadocia, Turkey

Madagascar Tsingy Limestone formation weathered but definitely not round

Checker-Board Mesa, Zion National Park Utah

Black Rock Sands, near Bude Cornwall

No square lines in nature Huh??? Huh???
Pyrite Marcasite crystal from Spain

edit on 16-6-2011 by LexiconV because: so tempted to be condescending, but I'll just add another link instead

oh please they are nt the same thing , some of the squares within the grid are half a mile long that doesnt happen on nature

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
They talked about the plates shifting in the Pacific Ocean creating a tsunami on the west coast

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Well it depends if the situation involves a sunk city which by the looks of the formation shows a pyramid of some sort. Which would explain the constant shut downs of these threads that involve such material.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

on the middle of the top edge, could those be stairs? if so, the city would have been on some sort of a raised platform.

(i dont recheck most threads, so any personal comments just email me... [email protected]

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I don't know what that thing is but it is almost certainly not a sunken city as some appear to be suggesting it might be. Look at the shape of most cities on a map and you will see that they are not square like that. In the vast majority of cases, cities are shaped by the landscape in which they sit along with the activities that go on within them. For example, if there is a river flowing through the city, you will see constructions ranged along both banks following the course of the river as it meanders. If there is a hill slope, then streets will tend to be shaped by the form of the slope. Similarly with other natural features such as lakes etc, these will affect the positioning of construction. Then we have to consider human activity within the city - for example, where is the market place, the centre where people gather to trade or take part in communal activities? Sorry, but it is not a sunken city. Interesting nevertheless.

peace
J

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Metaphysic
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

Every time when something goes out of the box of global (made up) understanding of the world you go aginst it with maths or some hard to read (so you can not understand) theories with lots of "science" like expressions. Do you know that the actual truth is everything that seems paranormal or it comes from granny's stories?

If you KNOW how a Light Bulb works -- then it's not a mystery when someone turns on the light switch.

If what I say is hard to understand, than perhaps someone needs a bit more background on how things are done. There are MANY "ancient mysteries" that are completely explainable with technology -- and yet, the "myth" that nobody could make miles-long patterns in Peru without an airplane laser or something continue.

I'm speaking to OTHER people who understand how a lightbulb works and I don't think I can change the minds of people who want to believe it is lit by fairy dust. I do, however, believe that there is a lot of COOL STUFF out there that is not yet explained, and that reality is "far stranger" than the mythically minded believe it is. But ultimately, EVERYTHING can be explained with science with enough understanding -- and so I look for the most reasonable explanation and keep an open mind, knowing I cannot rule out Fairy Dust, nor am I going to waste my time trying to.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join