It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's happening in Ethopia with the rise in EQ's?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by megabogie

while earthquake report says there's no known record of it ever erupting

I believe earthquake report is correct. There has been activity in the past close to it but Nabro itself has not erupted during the Holocene as I understand.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

I believe earthquake report is correct. There has been activity in the past close to it but Nabro itself has not erupted during the Holocene as I understand.

Yup, EQ and eruption...not the same thing.

But seeing as it's coming up on the EQ sites, it's something to watch. Causing that many tremors at those mags is an indicator of bigger things coming perhaps.

Thanx for all your work Puterman! Many appreciate it as I do, I'm sure.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Some info for those interested in the rift theory:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Indepth info + video

www.irishweatheronline.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I will push a good site....IF I WANT. Got it? Good....

The Earth is going through changes and that site just like this one offers insight. Get over it!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

And if you had read the info on that site I recommended you would already know this long with a lot of other stuff that was speculated in the beginning of this thread!

Its not a fear mongering site,,,its a factual site, unlike some other sites I visit...hence this one!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

misunderstanding on my part...I thought she was referring to ATS

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
time to goto GPL to read about the "STORY" this thread is being spammed with "He said,She said,,,,"

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

@MamaJ; I do also scan TEP daily; BUT I do have a remark about them and their sister site "Earth Changes".
During this past two months I made four postings to TEP in correction of errors they made. Neither of these were posted (authorized) - leaving people seriously under false impressions; backwards were;
1) UK village with strange humming noise
2) Fish deaths in Arabian waters - their quotes were form two year ago data!
3) Their bolocks about Solar wind burning the magnetosphere
4) Ground cracks in Spain - was actually form earth works and already shown few years ago.

I did the same twice on Earth Changes with same effect. Some of my postings were authorized but NEVER when I corrected their mistaken presentations.
1) Fish deaths in Arabin gulf (Same report as above)
2) Chile volcano 'new' rift is actually 'old' rift.

Still they are good spotters but one has to check their data; more then few times I found they only pick the parts they want and not report true facts; or even all facts.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
6.2 earthquake at Northen MOLCULA sea
www.iris.edu...
along with 3 in new zealond one being a mag of 6.

Damn interesting something big on the way possibly?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Aromaz

I hate the corrections were not made for you as I often see him changing things around from people just like yourself. All I was saying is check it out because all their questions related to the thread were answered there already. Being helpful and contributing didn't work out for me....this site is just not what I thought it was when I joined and find myself reading more b.s than facts, Its disappointing but hey.....nothing is perfect.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Don't know if already mentioned in this thread, but isn't there a theory that the arc of the covenant is in Ethiopia guarded by the priests that always go blind? Maybe time to split another sea?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I just got my compass out, and walked over to the church over the road, and NORTH looks like it has moved -4d

Can this just be a thing that happended since the Church was built in the 1950s?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

Earthquakes are correct to the best I find. Volcanic eruptions the following, I will scratch details out tomorrow:
2002, 2005, 2007, 2009.

Nabro is no eruption for at least 12,000 years. Dubbi big eruption 300 ya and three smaller ones about 120 ya.

I am beginning to suspec this current eruption might be a new 'volcano' or at least pipe.
At best it is on North flank of Nabro where we had the small swarm quakes.

All were on the same 'super volcano' now just called the "Bidu Volcanic complex" I believe with reason these four bigger volcanoes are actually all part of the same super volcano, but will not go into the details now; (If you look careful on Google Earth down to 20 km you will see all the signs). The oldest original volcano caldera was Nabro and it extends about 80 km in all directions.

Volcano's as part and parcel the same are: Dubbi and Nabro in Eritrea; Aruku and Asavyeo in Ethiopia.
The latest strato volcano explosion was Dubbi; the other I mentioned above were all magma flow 'cooking pots' sometimes not even noticed from few km away.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by trusername

You are correct; I believe it is more than a theory. Did a study on that 3 years ago.
However, that little white synagogue is about 500 km SW from this volcano.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by trusername

Don't know if already mentioned in this thread, but isn't there a theory that the arc of the covenant is in Ethiopia guarded by the priests that always go blind? Maybe time to split another sea?

www.youtube.com...

Wow the terrain there is kind of amazing in this video!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

OK, this may be slightly off topic but since you are spamming this thread with this book for some personal agenda here is my take on the Amazon Product description of "The Extinction Protocol"

Source

Our planet is dying and this is no mere rendezvous with a date on a Mayan calendar in 2012. It's the mass termination of life on planet Earth. Nature is under a scientific directive. It is irreversible. It is the extinction protocol.

There is absolutely no indication that the planet is 'dying', and no indication whatsoever that a mass termination of life is about to take place. I am afraid it is not sufficient to make such statements and then attempt to back them up with statements such as:

In 2010, the planet was ravaged by the worst flooding seen in 1000 years.

Really. Proof please.

Profound earth-changes have already devastated the planet and even more catastrophic change is yet to come. We are entering a period of extreme volcanism.

There is no evidence of that at all. If this is what he considers then he should support this by facts not fiction.

ChaitÈn (Chile) erupted after being dormant for 9500 years,

And his point exactly is?

Eyjafjallajkull (Iceland) erupted after 187 years

which is it's approximate eruption period so nothing unusual about that then

, and Sinabung volcano (Indonesia) erupted after 400 years.

Sinabung: Smithsonian 1881 is not 400 years

Earth's magnetic field is faltering as we approach the solar maximum (2012-2013).

Specifics required. There is a general weakening of the field that has been going on for centuries.

Earthquakes are intensifying

No they are not as I have proven many times. We are in an up period that is consistent with a 30 to 40 year cycle. This is about to turn the corner and start moving down again.

and the planet's climate is becoming increasingly inhospitable and will be soon pushed to the brink of collapse.

Says who? In hospitable to whom? In what way is it so?

Civilization is poised on the precipice of the most stupendous crisis in Earth's history and we are running out of time to save what remains left of the human race.

Complete unsubstantiated rubbish and I will guarantee you we will all still be here in 2029/2036 when Apophis does a fly by, but we might be rather cold as that should just about be the depth of the Landsheidt Minimum.

Sorry this person has not researched anything and is pure scaremongering in order to sell a book.

You do what you want. I don't have to get over anything except the fact that people like you chose to believe these scaremongers.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
ok folks the main stream news has FINALLY picked up the story about the eruption but they are saying its dubbi and not nabro but we know better .

www.bbc.co.uk...

An ash cloud following an eruption in Eritrea has led to the cancellation of some flights to East Africa. The German airline Lufthansa said it had cancelled flights to Eritrea and neighbouring Ethiopia.

edit on 13/6/11 by alysha.angel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by alysha.angel
ok folks the main stream news has FINALLY picked up the story about the eruption but they are staying its dubbi and not nabro but we know better .

www.bbc.co.uk...

An ash cloud following an eruption in Eritrea has led to the cancellation of some flights to East Africa. The German airline Lufthansa said it had cancelled flights to Eritrea and neighbouring Ethiopia.

*sigh* Why is it that we do all the work and they get paid?

So why would they not report Nabro? That's the question.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Jip, now it starts affecting airliners; they HAVE to take notice.

Nabro does not have a 'history'
Nabro is a lot more serious threatening than Dubbi
Nabro and Dubbi are only 23 km apart; easy to confuse.
Lastly: It just might be neither - just maybe a new vent opened up kind of between the two though still closer to Nabro.

I noticed on sat photos joined into video there seems to be multiple explosive eruptions during past 12 hours. Now IR on SAT24 shows plume now blowing South West; also seems to originate a little further East than this morning.
On that latest sat it would rather look like Dubbi.
Kind of like pulses. Somebody have access to seismograph or acoustics that could reflect these pulses?

Guess we will have to wait for Ground troops to reach and report. Problem - they will need to get back to city before they can make reports; there in the boendoes are no communication towers like mobile phones.

Now I am going to sleep!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join