It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's happening in Ethopia with the rise in EQ's?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Yes, those African certainly knows how to make big fires.
But then - what did they make these fires with in this treeless area?

No joke but what is feeding these stories is because of low media interest and the complete lack of on site info, photos, etc. Very few people in that southern area of Eritrea will even have any form of camera. I doubt there a total of more than 20,000 people living within 50 km form that volcano - both Eritrea and Ethiopia. For modern people it is unthinkable that there are still areas on land where the nearset phone or mobile phone is maybe a 100 km away. There MIGHT be a land line or radio in Beraisole; only 60 km away but at least two day travel. Most likley the nearest is in Assab, by road about 180 km; and the only possible location for mobile phone.

Off course one of the biggest problems in the Eritrea Government. There is absolute no private or free press, absolute no foreign media representative, no journalist and no free travel for any foreigner. Frankly it would be almost impossible for any foreigner to get a travel pass to this area, decline and stamp "Too Dangerous". Absolute no aircraft ever allow to fly over Eritrea except routine passenger airliners. There are no private aircraft in that country.

Nope, until those teams from Saudi gets back it is very unlikely we will know much more than what we can see from satellite.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
NASA picture as distributed taken on June 13, 1 day after the explosion
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/90075ea16780.jpg[/atsimg]

compilation of the NASA MODUS HD satellite image as a layer on Google earth
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c8f006f3c9ae.jpg[/atsimg]
link
edit on 16-6-2011 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Aromaz

A friend of mine used to fly a freighter in the more remote parts of the country. Upon landing on one of the small strips one of the engines started spewing oil. No working phone or other way to communicate with the rest of the world they had to send a hand written message with another plane to Asmara (capitol) in order to get spare parts.

Took 15 days to get a couple of gaskets and a push rod.

So i wouldn't expect any accurate information about this eruption unless there's some civilized foreigners in the area.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by C46driver

Yip, that is my Africa. No wonder they call it 'Dark Africa'

I am leeping update posts on VOLCANO WATCH thread Here

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by olliemc84
I believe Elenin was in our neighborhood about 12,000 years ago.

You believe wrong. Best estimate is that Elenin has an orbital period of ~600,000 years.

And anyway, run of the mill comets like this have no effect on Earth.

As for the eruption itself, it's not unexpected given seismic ctivity in the region in recent years. Expect a lot more eruptions over the next few million years (assuming the current rift continues to widen - it may of course falter and die as the East Africa Rift before it did).

Still uncertain as to whether it is Nabro or Dubbi which has erupted, though both are close together.

ie, see: www.bbc.co.uk...

and: www.news24.com...

edit on 14-6-2011 by Essan because: typo

Everything else I have read has stated that Elenin's orbit past Earth happens approx every 3,600 years, which would mean that 14,000 years ago, Elenin was in our neighborhood, not 12,000....but that doesn't explain why Nabro is erupting or it would have erupted again 10,800 years ago, 7,200 years ago and 3,600 years ago. IMO, Nabro and Elenin are probably not related...just coincedense. But, then again...I could be wrong.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

This is because they do not read their information on the ONLY accurate GLOBAL news site in the World. Not no Fox, ATS.

Faster than a speeding reporter, more accurate than an MSM broadcast - ATS - news source of the world. If you heard it it was on ATS first!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by jude11

This is because they do not read their information on the ONLY accurate GLOBAL news site in the World. Not no Fox, ATS.

Faster than a speeding reporter, more accurate than an MSM broadcast - ATS - news source of the world. If you heard it it was on ATS first!

Yes, I find it quite alarming that I was able to see this event, report it and have all the great members on ATS like you and many others confirm the organize the FACTS hours before the MSM even whispered it.

Damn we're good!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

PLEASE I KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING BUT I CANT POST A THREAD, I NOTICED THIS IN ARGENTINA LAST WEEK AND NOW THERE WASS A VOLCANO ERUPTION IN CHILE SHORTLY AFTER THE SAME IS HAPPENING WITH YOUR THREAD I ALSO BELIEVE Ulawun is one of the most active volcanoes in Papua New Guinea AND WILL BE NEXT TAKE A LOOK AT THE SESMIC ACTIVITY AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK! THANKS

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BasedGod

Please I know what is happening but I cant post a thread, I noticed this in argentina last week and now there wass a volcano eruption in chile shortly after the same is happening with your thread I also believe ulawun is one of the most active volcanoes in papua new guinea and will be next take a look at the sesmic activity and let me know what you think! Thanks

First, doesn't it look much nicer in sentence case?

Now perhaps you would please indicate what it is that you are seeing? I noticed this? What? PNG is always seismically active. Are you saying this is different, if so in what way?

Edit to add: OK here are some graphs of Papua over the past 2 years. Activity has a couple of spikes, one of which may be now or may not. The magnitudes seem pretty consistent over the two years,

There is absolutely no comparison between Eritrea, Chile and Papua. They are ALL very different.

Cumulative number of earthquakes

Magnitudes

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f3c361360076.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 16/6/2011 by PuterMan because: Edited to add more information.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by jude11

Yes, I find it quite alarming that I was able to see this event, report it and have all the great members on ATS like you and many others confirm the organize the FACTS hours before the MSM even whispered it.

Damn we're good!

You stand to be corrected. It was not hours - it was DAYS.

Then, once they started to notice something is happening; they still had most of their facts wrong.
The latest: The volcano already stopped activity by all looks around 11h30 UTC YESTERDAY (16 June)
and now the MSM got 'updated' pictures of Nabro (and few still insist on Dubbi) erupting with huge clouds. Some even says it had its most severe eruption on 16 June in the late afternoon!

Lovely world!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
New activity detected today

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Magnitude 5.5
Date-Time

* Friday, June 17, 2011 at 09:16:12 UTC
* Friday, June 17, 2011 at 12:16:12 PM at epicenter
* Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 13.307°N, 41.668°E
Depth 10 km (6.2 miles)
Region ERITREA - ETHIOPIA REGION
Distances 120 km (74 miles) WNW of Assab, Eritrea
215 km (133 miles) SW of Al Hudaydah, Yemen
238 km (147 miles) E of Mekele, Ethiopia
371 km (230 miles) SE of ASMARA, Eritrea
Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 17.3 km (10.7 miles); depth +/- 2.7 km (1.7 miles)
Parameters NST=161, Nph=165, Dmin=326.2 km, Rmss=1.13 sec, Gp= 65°,
M-type=regional moment magnitude (Mw), Version=6
Source

* USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID usc00049uf

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The explosive phase and ash cloud on Nabro is finished.

Now there are lave rivers running and few small earthquakes.
Keeping update on Volcano Watch Thread.
Also another brand new volcano erupted some 650 km to the SW in Somaliland - As in it was not known as volcano!
edit on 17/6/2011 by Aromaz because: link

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Simply put, Nature.

Nature is happening in Ethiopia.... No conspiracy.Just nature....

That is my thought anyway.

There are no man mad conspiracies... Earthquakes have always happened and always will.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join