It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's happening in Ethopia with the rise in EQ's?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by alysha.angel
boys n girls guess what!!!!!!!!!!!!!! none of the major news networks are picking this eruption up are they not aware of whats going on in the world and why is there a media blackout?

I doubt there's much info the press can get - the country is very odd and closed... might take a while for news to get out...

Lifted from another site. No point in holding breath for information out of there I would think.

“In its 2010 Press Freedom Index, Reporters Without Borders classified the media environment in Eritrea at 178 out of 178, the lowest possible rating, and below that of totalitarian North Korea at 177.”

edit on 13-6-2011 by MoorfNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I noticed the EQ's this morning and was quite surprised after I saw Ethiopia and Christchurch. I went to EarthquakeReport.com to find out casualties and also this site is one that I visit each and every morning to get a broader scope of whats really happening.
If you believe something is truly going on with our Planet like I do then by all means start visiting this site as it always gives great information...

Bookmark and save this site!!

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
We've been having aftershocks of up to 6 in Christchuch NZ today.
Linked perhaps?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
well i found this source which states that it is NABRO which has erupted which is in fact what puterman has been saying all along ...

cheers and pats of your back puterman for being correct ...

www.irishweatheronline.com...

The Anabro (Nabro) volcano in the Northern Red Sea Region of Eritrea in Africa has erupted sending an ash plume more than 13.5 kilometres into the sky. Part of the Afar Triangle, the stratovolcano is one of many volcanic caldera complexes in the north easternmost part of the East African Rift valley region. It is located in the Danakil Depression, close to Eritrea’s border with Ethiopia and north of Djibouti, and has not erupted in at least 150 years.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Just in from "typhoonfury" on twitter feed...

Ash cloud update on eritea volcano.....
"Dubbi"

www.meteo.fr...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Puterman, The earthquake report is also saying it is probably Nabro and not that Dubbi. I said it before and I'll say it again...you're more reliable than anyone getting paid to report this stuff

UPDATE 13/06 – 11:09 UTC : As more and more journals are picking up the story, the guessing in between both Nabro and Dubbi goes on as everybody has still to rely on the satellite images. Those sources who have HD satellite images are putting their money on the [size=5]Nabro, which would be a MAJOR EVENT for science, as this volcano has NO record of any historic eruptions so far. We @ earthquake-report.com do not guess anymore. We are simply awaiting news from the Asmara authorities.

They should just follow Puterman...eliminates the guessing game

link: earthquake-report.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This is very interesting. Just when I thought things were going to settle down for a bit. And an excellent post.
Snf
Great job to all the posters here as well. Good solid thread.
Love it.
edit on 13-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by megabogie

Anytime something happens that is of news regarding Earth changes this site has it first. The man who runs this site has also written a book about the times we are living in. The book is called Extinction Protocol 2012 and beyond....its detailed and very very thorough! We are living in historic times and this site is one to visit often as he reports news before anyone else!!!! I'm telling you he has studied, researched, and knows a lot more than others. I am so glad I found this site months ago...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I coudn't agree with you more. I started following this thread last night and i'm blown away that it has yet to be picked up on MSM. I didn't know about the background of the owner...he's to be commended.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
RSOE now reporting it as Nabro as well:

The Anabro (Nabro) volcano in the Northern Red Sea Region of Eritrea in Africa has erupted sending an ash plume more than 13.5 kilometres into the sky. Part of the Afar Triangle, the stratovolcano is one of many volcanic caldera complexes in the north easternmost part of the East African Rift valley region. It is located in the Danakil Depression, close to Eritrea's border with Ethiopia and north of Djibouti, and has not erupted in at least 150 years. The volcano erupted at 2103 GMT Sunday evening.

link: hisz.rsoe.hu...

although they mention it's been at least 150 years since it erupted while earthquake report says there's no known record of it ever erupting
edit on 13-6-2011 by megabogie because: forgot something

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by megabogie

Please visit his site more than any...always good info about whats going on around the world we need to know.

He sent me his book via mail not too long ago and I am not even half way in to it. It is 600 pages long!!!!!

Not a book written by a dummy either. Alvin Conway's research is extensive and trust worthy as everything he has written is backed up by references.

He writes about what is going on with the poles, oceans, eq's, volcanic activity, wars, planets, solar system, NWO, and so much more. Like I said....600 pages of research!

The site though is free and full of educational material as well.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Its ethiopia. "Who Cares" is the media philosophy on this one. Why pay attention to that when there are sex scandals going on in the US.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Believe me, I spend TOO much time here! Thanks for the info,
I'll have to check out his book

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

Let me guess...people think someone is using HAARP to wipe out hunger?

C'mon, you know some of the more out there folks are thinking it.....

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I also noticed over the weekend and again this morning that 4 supervolcanoes have shown "activity" since June 11. They are in New Zealand, Idaho, Italy and California. Does anyone know what constitutes "activity" and how concerning this is? Seems the earth is going through major changes right now. Don't know if it's related or not, but according to the NASA diagram, elenin is starting to come in faster now because of the trajectory of the orbits and will continue to come in faster each day.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f689c5ab748.png[/atsimg]

DateTime,Latitude,Longitude,Depth,Magnitude,MagType,NbStations,Gap,Distance,RMS,Source,EventID
2011/03/31 18:33:38.04,13.1700,41.8290,6.50,4.50,Mb,67,,,1.05,NEI,2011033110

@PutterMan; I consider making a video of this Eritrea incident.
Could I kindly use this map of yours, updated later?
Will refer back to your post here and website.
You have more details on quakes than I got.

In general this view is of concern because it seems not only the potential Norther flank of the Caldera - but might be the whole rift opening up; Lava flow galore!

EDIT: sorry for my ignorance. I just learned there were actually two other small volcanic eruptions in 2005 and 2009 in this same region; thought they were more an issue of lave flow than full blown volcano's. Those were in the AFAR region, which is at the Southern end of this rift.

This rift seems to be a very young occurance and some local geologists suspect it might tear very fast; Ref Prof Atalay Arefe in Ethiopia cite copy part of

REPORT 2009
The 60-kilometre (35-mile) split in the desolate Afar region, which was the result of two volcanic eruptions in September 2005, has enabled scientists to further examine the earth's tectonic movements, said a report published in the Geophysical Research Letters.

"The significance of the finding is that a huge magnetic deformation can happen within a few days like in oceans," Atalay Arefe, an Ethiopia-based university professor who was part of the study, told AFP in an interview.

Researchers say faults and fissures, which normally occur deep down on the ocean floor, are the main processes by which continents gradually break off from each other.

They cite Africa, which underwent a similar phase when it split from America millions of years ago.

"Normally, such phenomena happens beneath the ocean, which is inaccessible, expensive and very difficult to make experiments. But in Afar, it's quite a natural laboratory for us to carry those out," Atalay explained.

Atalay, who was part of an international group of scientists who have been undertaking studies since the eruptions, said the event indicated what was likely to happen in the mainland.

"The ocean's formation is happening slowly, likely to take a few million years. It will stretch from the Afar depression (straddling Ethiopia, Eritrea and Djibouti) down to Mozambique," he said.

The Afar region, known for its salt mines and active volcanoes, is one of the lowest and hottest places on the planet.
(PhysicsOrg.com)

edit on 13/6/2011 by Aromaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a local paper in the area that i found ..

www.jpost.com...

Ash from a volcanic eruption in Eritrea is thus far likely to reach Israel’s southern border only, but will probably affect Egypt, southern Jordan and Saudi Arabia more severely, the Israel Meteorological Service said on Monday mid-afternoon.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a local paper in the area that i found ..

www.jpost.com...

Ash from a volcanic eruption in Eritrea is thus far likely to reach Israel’s southern border only, but will probably affect Egypt, southern Jordan and Saudi Arabia more severely, the Israel Meteorological Service said on Monday mid-afternoon.

bigthink just updated its blog to it being NABRO which is erupting ....

bigthink.com...

Ethiopia UPDATE (10 AM Eastern): Well, leave it to an eruption this week to not be simple. It appears that the eruption in Eritrea from not from Dubbi but rather from Nabro, an even more mysteries volcano. It is a composite volcano with no known historical eruption - in fact, very little is known about the volcano beyond the fact that it is part of a volcanic complex that has a number of nested calderas.

edit on 13/6/11 by alysha.angel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by waybehind
I also noticed over the weekend and again this morning that 4 supervolcanoes have shown "activity" since June 11. They are in New Zealand, Idaho, Italy and California. Does anyone know what constitutes "activity" and how concerning this is? Seems the earth is going through major changes right now. Don't know if it's related or not, but according to the NASA diagram, elenin is starting to come in faster now because of the trajectory of the orbits and will continue to come in faster each day.

Minor activity can be listed as anything from minor tremors, uplifts in the "dome" or crust or steam and ash cloud eruptions. I think the Yellowstone (Idaho) supervolcano has been showing uplifts in the crust around the cauldron as well as constant, shallow, low seismic tremors, with a couple of very minor ash and cloud eruptions in various parts of the park but nothing to cause any concern yet....however, I will have to look into current events surrounding this area as I have heard nothing about Yellowstone in over a month. Will get back to ya on what I discover....

www.volcano.si.edu...

This is usually where I go for my information.....I don't know how reliable USGS is, but they have yet to let me down. They usually update every wednesday, and there are links for anything that comes up between updates.
edit on 13-6-2011 by anjl32 because: add a link

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Would you stop pushing that scaremongering site for a moment please?

There are many much more accurate sites on the Internet than that one.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join