It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's happening in Ethopia with the rise in EQ's?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Eruption advisory graphic for NABRO ash plume.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
the X-37b flew over the area at the time of the Eq's and also did a fleover of NZ when its EQ went off.

edit on 13-6-2011 by hrmmm because: include links

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by hrmmm
the X-37b flew over the area at the time of the Eq's and also did a fleover of NZ when its EQ went off.

edit on 13-6-2011 by hrmmm because: include links

Fixed.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/87636201f756.jpg[/atsimg]

IRIS Seismic Monitor Map

It's amazing that since the beginning of this year there has been so much activity, and so many Earthquakes that have caused major damage or disruptions such as volcanic ash clouds.... many flights in Australia are still grounded today.

Ash continues to disrupt flights

Full Article - Bigpond news

Flights in parts of Australia continue to be cancelled by a volcanic plume from an erupting South American volcano.

Airlines have made different decisions on how to deal with ash from Chile's Puyehue volcano, which has drifted across the Pacific into Australian and New Zealand airspace.
Virgin Australia on Monday resumed normal services in and out of Melbourne, Tasmania and New Zealand and said on Tuesday it planned to operate normal scheduled services again.
A backlog of Virgin customers affected should be able to catch flights on Tuesday, a statement from the company said.

Although the above news relates to disruptions caused by the South American Volcano, i wouldnt be surprised if this one in Ethiopia starts causing similar troubles soon

edit on 13-6-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I have a friend who is in Kenya and was meant to fly home this morning but had her flight cancelled.

She was saying that they are saying two eruptions have happened????

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

There are unconfirmed reports that the same incident actually opened up two or even four vents.

Another option in the confusion is that for a period of about 4 hours there was no ash clouds visible from SAT. Now there is a new small cloud visible since about 08h30 UTC.

There are no reports from the site; though by now there should be at least four teams of geologists from different neighbour countries. Most likely they can't communicate because lack of telecoms; best hope is when some of them might get back to the 'civilized' world again. Otherwise we can only rely on satellite images.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Ok now I am starting to become alarmed that something huge is about to happen. So I've read some reports that this volcano hasn't erupted in almost 12,000 years. I believe Elenin was in our neighborhood about 12,000 years ago. I really hope that this is just a coincidence. Or else I need to start building that underground bunker now.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This is from yesterday - report from Eritrea says that the eruption took place in "four different areas" and that some evacuations have taken place...

Assab, 13 June 2011 -A volcanic eruption was witnessed in the tip of the Southern Red Sea region at 9 p.m. yesterday.

Reports indicated that the eruption that took place in 4 different areas around Afambo, Nebro and Sireru causing a 5.7 rector scale earth tremor.

The ensuing dust is covering hundreds of kilometers in the area, and that the quake has been heard in the greater portion of the region as a whole, according to reports.

Shabait.com

peace
J

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Aromaz

Thank you for your reply

I've just looked at SAT24.com and I can see a plume on there. It is coming from exactly the same place as yesterday.

I will wait patiently for the conclusion of this event.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
There have been wars, famines, pestilences, hurricanes, tsunamis and earthquakes in various places for hundreds of years. Wars, famines, pestilences, hurricanes, tsunamis and earthquakes are becoming more frequent and greater in magnitude. What does this indicate regarding the timing of the End and the return of Christ?

Christ first indicated that when we HEAR of wars and rumors of wars, that we should not be concerned because the Time of the End - was not yet. Later He indicated that the generation that "SEES all these things" would not pass away until He had returned and the Kingdom had Come. Therefore, the generation (less than 40 years) that SAW the Beginning would also see the End. Christ lists the signs of the Beginning of the End. For nation [ethnos] shall rise against nation, and kingdom [basileia] against kingdom: and there shall be famines [limos], and pestilences [loimos], and earthquakes [seismos], in divers places. All these are the beginning of birth pains (Matthew 24:7-8). Below are the Greek words that form Christ's list of things. ethnos: G1484 - nation - ethnic group, as in tribal or civil war basileia:G932 - kingdom - with a king or ruler, a nation limos: G3042 - famines loimos: G3061 - pestilences seismos: G4578 - a shaking to and fro of air, land or sea. Air: gales, hurricanes, tornados, typhoons or cyclones. Land: earthquakes, volcanic eruptions. Sea: tsunamis, tidal waves

Wail, for the day of Yahweh is near; it will come like destruction from the Almighty. Because of this, all hands will go limp, every man's heart will melt. Terror will seize them, pain and anguish will grip them; they will writhe like a woman in labor. They will look aghast at each other, their faces aflame. See, the day of Yahweh is coming --a cruel day, with wrath and fierce anger-- to make the land desolate and destroy the sinners within it. The stars of heaven and their constellations will not show their light. The rising sun will be darkened and the moon will not give its light (Isaiah 13:6-10). Hear that uproar from the city, hear that noise from the temple! It is the sound of Yahweh repaying his enemies all they deserve. "Before she goes into labor, she gives birth; before the pains come upon her, she delivers a son. Who has ever heard of such a thing? Who has ever seen such things? Can a country be born in a day or a nation be brought forth in a moment? Yet no sooner is Zion in labor than she gives birth to her children. Do I bring to the moment of birth and not give delivery?" says Yahweh. "Do I close up the womb when I bring to delivery?" says your God. "Rejoice with Jerusalem and be glad for her, all you who love her; rejoice greatly with her, all you who mourn over her. For you will nurse and be satisfied at her comforting breasts; you will drink deeply and delight in her overflowing abundance." For this is what Yahweh says: "I will extend peace to her like a river, and the wealth of nations like a flooding stream; you will nurse and be carried on her arm and dandled on her knees (Isaiah 66:6-12).
The days are coming,' declares Yahweh, 'when I will bring my people Israel and Judah back from captivity and restore them to the land I gave their forefathers to possess,' says Yahweh." These are the words Yahweh spoke concerning Israel and Judah: "This is what Yahweh says: "'Cries of fear are heard-- terror, not peace. Ask and see: Can a man bear children? Then why do I see every strong man with his hands on his stomach like a woman in labor, every face turned deathly pale? How awful that day will be! None will be like it. It will be a time of trouble for Jacob, but he will be saved out of it. "' In that day,' declares Yahweh Almighty, 'I will break the yoke off their necks and will tear off their bonds; no longer will foreigners enslave them. Instead, they will serve Yahweh their God and David their king, whom I will raise up for them. "'So do not fear, O Jacob my servant; do not be dismayed, O Israel,' declares Yahweh. 'I will surely save you out of a distant place, your descendants from the land of their exile. Jacob will again have peace and security, and no one will make him afraid. I am with you and will save you,' declares Yahweh.
'Though I completely destroy all the nations among which I scatter you, I will not completely destroy you (Jeremiah 30:3-11). These are just a few of the many Old Testament prophecies which depict the coming great and dreadful Day of the Lord as labor pains on a woman. This is what it will be like before the Kingdom of God comes on earth. Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.
While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief (1 Thessalonians 5:1-4). The unbelieving world will not understand, but the believers will know and be prepared. When we experience all these birth pains together we will be in the period know as the “Great Tribulation”. The birth pains will most likely increase in frequency and magnitude as we approach the great and dreadful Day of the Lord.

all happening in june/2011
,more signs are here now.

modernsurvivalblog.com...
Earth Changes and the Pole Shift
Information and discussion about the Earth Changes and the pending Pole Shift.
Please read this.......revelation13.net...

frankdimora.typepad.com...
edit on 14-6-2011 by venusstarlite because: this was in 2008,earth is in birth pains
edit on 14-6-2011 by venusstarlite because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by venusstarlite

The Seventh Bowl:
The Greatest Earthquake and the Great Hail
16:17-21

17 And the seventh poured out his bowl upon the air; and a loud voice came out of the 1atemple from the bthrone, saying, It is 2cdone.

18 And there were alightnings and voices and thunders; and there was a great 1bearthquake, such as had cnot been since man appeared on the earth, such an earthquake, so great.

19 And the 1agreat city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell. And 2bBabylon the Great was cremembered before God to give her the dcup of the 3wine of the fury of His wrath.

20 And every aisland fled, and the mountains were not found.

21 And great ahail, every stone about the weight of a 1talent, came down out of heaven upon men; and men 2bblasphemed God for the plague of the hail, because the plague of it is exceedingly great.

THIS IS WHEN JESUS COMES BACK AND PUTS HIS FEET ON MT.ZION.......

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by olliemc84
I believe Elenin was in our neighborhood about 12,000 years ago.

You believe wrong. Best estimate is that Elenin has an orbital period of ~600,000 years.

And anyway, run of the mill comets like this have no effect on Earth.

As for the eruption itself, it's not unexpected given seismic ctivity in the region in recent years. Expect a lot more eruptions over the next few million years (assuming the current rift continues to widen - it may of course falter and die as the East Africa Rift before it did).

Still uncertain as to whether it is Nabro or Dubbi which has erupted, though both are close together.

ie, see: www.bbc.co.uk...

and: www.news24.com...

edit on 14-6-2011 by Essan because: typo

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

ok

Has there been a new advisory issued?
edit on 14-6-2011 by Anmarie96 because: Not directed at you Essan

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov... M 2.5+ EARTHQUAKES
M 2.6, Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
M 5.0, southeast of the Loyalt..
M 5.0, southeast of the Loyalt..
M 4.2, off the east coast of H..
M 5.2, near the east coast of ..
Last update : Tue 18:54:12 (UTC)...............uncoverthenews.com... earthquakes are on this pagevolcanoes.usgs.gov...

edit on 14-6-2011 by venusstarlite because: volcanoes.usgs.gov...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

www.volcano.si.edu... see updates...www.volcano.si.edu...
edit on 14-6-2011 by venusstarlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Elevated Volcanic Activity and Information Releases Tuesday, Jun 14, 2011 at 13:08:36 PDT. The following U.S. volcanoes are known to be above normal background (elevated unrest or eruptions) or have shown activity that warranted an Information Release (for example, an earthquake swarm). Times are local to the volcano and in military format. Volcano Alert Levels & Aviation Color Codes defined at volcanoes.usgs.gov... Kilauea Alert Level=WATCH. Aviation Color Code=ORANGE. As of Jun 14, 2011, 07:46 HST DI deflation; active lava lakes in Pu`u `O`o crater and in summit vent; seismicity remained low. (Change to current status occurred on Mar 9, 2011 19:45 HST from Alert Level WARNING and Aviation Color Code RED ) For more information see volcanoes.usgs.gov... Pagan Alert Level=ADVISORY. Aviation Color Code=YELLOW. As of Jun 10, 2011, 09:13 ChST Color code was raised to YELLOW/ADVISORY on 4/23/11 (Change to current status occurred on Apr 22, 2011 18:33 ChST from Alert Level UNASSIGNED and Aviation Color Code UNASSIGNED ) For more information see volcanoes.usgs.gov...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
... As for the eruption itself, it's not unexpected given seismic ctivity in the region in recent years. Expect a lot more eruptions over the next few million years (assuming the current rift continues to widen - it may of course falter and die as the East Africa Rift before it did).

Still uncertain as to whether it is Nabro or Dubbi which has erupted, though both are close together.

The East African rift 'died' = That is news to me! I think you are probably confused with something else?

It is absolute confirmed to be Nabro; already since morning of 13 June;

Regardless of small regular earthquakes; this was NOT expected.

Nabro did erupt during this past 11,700 years (halocene period) but it was not explosive, only 'peaceful' magma flow to the NE and centuries later to the SW. There are no written or verbal record; the eruption was probably before current history of about 4,500 years. Therefore it is classified as 'Haloscene'.
edit on 15/6/2011 by Aromaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

There is still a huge ash-clound / bank hanging over most of North and Eastern Ethiopia, NW Eritrea and Western Sudan.
Very little did cross over the Red sea and is noticed in Jordan. None in Saudi or Gaza.

At Nabro volcano itself:
Still erupting. Current ash plume very small, limited range of effect. General consensus is 'Standby' and 'Watch' since nobody know what to expect from this volcano. No reports from any vissual inspection yet; at least from all sources I know. I guess all geologist teams still enjoying the excitement on site!

Don't expect much information until few weeks! This is not an area with many people and for those that does live within 80 km range the level of wealth is measured in TV's per village, number of goats and camels. Mobile phone does not exist nearby. Computers even less likely except for maybe one or two notebooks with geologists from Saudi.

edit on 15/6/2011 by Aromaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Today's ash (last 10 pics)

NabroAshVideo_2011-06-15_181410.wmv

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by jude11

Today's ash (last 10 pics)

NabroAshVideo_2011-06-15_181410.wmv

Thanks PuterMan!

But didn't you hear? Many people still say it isn't a Volcano. lol

And the ones that do, can't agree on which Volcano it is.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join