It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's happening in Ethopia with the rise in EQ's?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Here are some of the latest comments by the Volcanic advisory

• The Dubbi volcano in Eritrea has erupted
  • There was a series of moderate earthquakes last night, and satellite images were showing a cloud coming from the area
  • VAAC says, based on Meteosat imagery alone, that the eruption began at around 23GMT.
  • USGS says it cannot confirm or rule out that the series of moderate earthquakes in Eritrea last night are related to a volcano.

They will be making more comments shortly i have heard so i will post up anything else they have to say when reporter notes are released, x
    edit on 13-6-2011 by asala because: (no reason given)

• posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:00 AM
    link   
    BNO news reporters asked the VAC to confirm news of eruption,

BNO news have been told:

Volcanic Ash Advisory Center confirms that an eruption is underway at the Dubbi Volcano in Eritrea.

More to follow shortly...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:01 AM
    link   
    just a thought, ethiopia is part of the supernation 8 in the new world order scheme, may be that has something to do with it?, are they maybe not following the elities program

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:14 AM
    link   
    Oh God. Spare me another one. Its a few shakes. Nothing big will happen. Did you read the posts about the Madrid fault recently.

I said nothing would happen. It didn't.

I also said Christchurch NZ would get another - it has.

Yes, flurries can produce bigger ones but only 3% of the time.

Relax and get a coffee.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:15 AM
    link   
    reply to post by ChungTsuU

(On topic as this relates to the video remarking Puerto Rico as being significant to this event)

Hi, not out of the ordinary for PR really. One month is not enough (!) try one year or more. PR is one of the areas I watch. Here is the cumulative for the past 365 days.

As you can see the current, or rather recent, spike is much the same as at the end of last year. Going back 2 years it looks different again, but the curve is declining (ever so slightly). I don't have 200 data at present so this 2.5 year graph will have to do.

Here are the magnitudes over the 2.5 years as well. I would not mind betting that the trend on this is virtually flat or possibly falling ever so slightly.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f3c361360076.jpg[/atsimg]

Thanks for the opportunity to crank out a graph or two!!
    (Not that i need much excuse
    )

Peace.

edit on 13/6/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:18 AM
    link   
    reply to post by daggyz

Oh God. Spare me another one. Its a few shakes. Nothing big will happen. Did you read the posts about the Madrid fault recently.

In this instance I believe you could be very wrong.

It is not just 'a few shakes'. It is a few shakes in an area that has had 1 in the past 100 years, and now has a volcano erupting to boot.

So no, I won't spare you another one in this instance.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:20 AM
    link   
    reply to post by asala

I am surprised. It is Dubbi? It certainly not look like it on the ash images and all the earthquakes were centred around Nabro not Dubbi.

I am thinking that perhaps they may have that wrong?

VAAC says, based on Meteosat imagery alone, that the eruption began at around 23GMT.

I don't have much confidence in their ability to look at images since I posted the ash images last night and they clearly show the eruption starting just before 21:00

Here is a later version Eritrea Ash (5.5 Mb download)

edit on 13/6/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:22 AM
    link   
    could be sumat really bad though...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:29 AM
    link   
    Yep i agree its a bit odd as it looked like one of the others? hmmm,

Any hows here is new news on it, VAAC have fully confirmed now,

VAAC: Eruption underway at Dubbi volcano in Eritrea

wireupdate.com...

As its Dubbi, this will be the first eruption since 1861!

Some info on that
    en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 13-6-2011 by asala because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:38 AM
    link   
    real time info center here is cool hewsweb.org...

shows volcanos, EQ's, floods even swarms of locusts

good for keeping a look out, has all up todate info being posted

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:52 AM
    link   
    Found this video of the supposed ash cloud on satalite.
    But the video is talking about a different volcano then Dubbi, it's talking about the Nabro

Source

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:04 AM
    link   
    reply to post by asala

Well I am sorry but I believe the VAAC is incorrect. I do not believe this to be Dubbi. I still think it is Nabro. Here is an overlay as accurate as I can get it of Google Earth on to of the EUMETSAT ash picture. The slightly yellow mark between Dubbi and Asavyo is the last earthquake which is pretty much on top of Nabro, and also happens to be where the ash is being emitted.

VAAC appear to be making quesses, and as far as I can see not very good ones at that. Of course I may be wrong. *looks round* Who said that?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:09 AM
    link   
    Ethiopia... isn't that where the claim to have the arc of the covenant?

www.sacred-destinations.com...

dun, dun, dunnn....

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:20 AM
    link   
    reply to post by jude11

Hi, i havn't read through all the posts here but i have read/heard that parts of Africa will crack and drift off as their own seperate Islands!! Pretty sure i read it on one of the forums here actually... it was a prediction of somekind!!

I've also seen photos of the ground cracking up in places, becoming more and more dry in areas for this to happen...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:45 AM
    link   
    Wow so another eruption this time in Ethiopia/Africa.

Here is a screen shot I got from Here.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:52 AM
    link   
    reply to post by asala

So we have another natural disaster happening, that last happened in the 1800!!! Is there some sort of cycle we are witnessing or just coincidence??

Be very interesting to dig a little deeper, got a busy day ahead

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:15 AM
    link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
    Umm... Ethiopian Rift Valley, maybe?

that's what i think too..
    the Red Sea will enlarge...
    and the whole horn of Africa will be split from the continent, much like Madagascar was
    but this split will be along the ancient Rift Valley as this seems to be a fracture point in the plate tectonics

just because this land remodeling is not prophecied does not mean it cannot happen

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:18 AM
    link   
    boys n girls guess what!!!!!!!!!!!!!! none of the major news networks are picking this eruption up are they not aware of whats going on in the world and why is there a media blackout?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:27 AM
    link   
    I have emailed the local news channel (the one that tends to be more independant from the rest), gave them the links to the earthquake report site and asked them why nobody is picking this up. I got a read receipt on the email, but nothing more, and still not reported on. Don't know if it is a news blockout, or just a "non political event in Africa", but I would have thought African news agencies would at least pick up on it. Let's see what happens....

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:30 AM
    link   
    latest MODIS imagery shows the source v. clearly. There's no doubt it's Nabro and not Dubbi as some media and VAAC are claiming!!!

rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join