It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's happening in Ethopia with the rise in EQ's?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
USGS have just made comments on the EQ swarm,

• These are type of typical earthquake that we would see in a continental rift zone
  • What we are seeing is normal faulting that we see when we have spreading centers."
  • This thing also tends to generate volcanic activity, given the fact that since you are opening the Earth's crust
  • A lot of the magma that is underneath the Earth's crust does actually have access to the surface
  • That process itself, the volcanism and the earthquakes, are related to the same rift zone
  • But the earthquakes that we are seeing over here are not directly related to the volcan

• Interesting.

So what's your take on it?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:37 PM
    link   

USGS have just made comments on the EQ swarm,

• These are type of typical earthquake that we would see in a continental rift zone
  • What we are seeing is normal faulting that we see when we have spreading centers."
  • This thing also tends to generate volcanic activity, given the fact that since you are opening the Earth's crust
  • A lot of the magma that is underneath the Earth's crust does actually have access to the surface
  • That process itself, the volcanism and the earthquakes, are related to the same rift zone
  • But the earthquakes that we are seeing over here are not directly related to the volcan

• Do you have a link for that? And have they mentioned the 'plume' noticed on Sat links?
    edit on 12-6-2011 by MoorfNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:40 PM
    link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel

It's blown!

It's blown!

sat link

www.sat24.com...®ion=af&lat=16&lon=46

Rainbows
    jane
    edit on 12-6-2011 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

Awesome find! Nothing in the MSM.

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:42 PM
    link   
    Ok maybe that cloud was just that. A cloud. Nothing so far on any sites about a eruption.

link   
    reply to post by MoorfNZ

Im trying to get one as soon as it comes out, this is being given to some reporters so im sure they will have this up on there site very shortly,

Im finding this interesting to watch thats for sure, But not getting to "run for the hills" over it, Its a rare area for sure to have a moderate quake swarm but under a mag 5 i believe it is quite normal there,

The last major they had was in 1984 with was a mag 6.2, that caused quite a few homes to be destroyed but so far im not hearing of any problems with these latest ones,

I would be more inclined to watch the fault line further from here as this could be a stress that may cause a more major one in another part of the world, Its worth keeping an eye on,
    edit on 12-6-2011 by asala because: (no reason given)

link   
    reply to post by aarys

That's no cloud! Look at its development and obvious point of source..

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:43 PM
    link   
    Sure the USGS is going to say it's normal. NASA says things are normal and there will be no maximun solar flares. The Weather Service is going to say all the tornadoes & excessive heat is normal. All government agencies are going to tell you what you want to hear, just not the truth!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:44 PM
    link   

reply to post by MoorfNZ

Im trying to get one as soon as it comes out, this is being given to some reporters so im sure they will have this up on there site very shortly,

Im finding this interesting to watch that for sure, But not getting to "run for the hills" over it, Its a rare area for sure to have a moderate quake swarm but under a mag 5 i believe it is quite normal there,

The last major they had was in 1984 with was a mag 6.2, that caused quite a few homes to be destroyed but so far im not hearing of any problems with these latest ones,

I would be more inclined to watch the fault line further from here as this could be a stress that may cause a more major one in another part of the world, Its worth keeping an eye on,

Same, worth keeping eye on - interesting to watch. I believe they also had a wee swarm in 2006. I am waiting to hear reports re any eruption as there appears to be a definite plume arising from the swarm location.

Thanks for USGS info - hope they provide some public info soon.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:45 PM
    link   
    reply to post by MoorfNZ

You beat me to it... I was gonna say, that "cloud" looks like its emanating from a source very near the earthquake swarm.

'Erta 'Ale is the one volcano in that area (just a bit to the east of the swarm).

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:48 PM
    link   
    reply to post by jude11

The latest one just now was significantly deeper than all except one from today, 15km..

IRIS link...
    edit on 12-6-2011 by rstregooski because: beer

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:49 PM
    link   
    If this is an eruption:

This is so "out of the blue"...what happened to the weeks of building pressure, earthquake swarms, yada, yada, yada... leading to the release out the vents.

This goes against what I have been educated about and researched.

I check daily. NOTHING has been going on in this area to lead to an eruption like could be happening.

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:50 PM
    link   
    reply to post by CLPrime

Also Nabro and Dubbi

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:52 PM
    link   
    We are approaching the end of the world. I have a very strong feeling that makes me sick to my stomach. I have never had this feeling before.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:53 PM
    link   
    reply to post by michael1983l

Seems it's more about 'creation' that destruction what with a new sea forming etc

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:53 PM
    link   
    reply to post by MoorfNZ

Yep... a bit further away (I believe...correct me if I'm wrong about that, I'm not all-that-well-versed in the area), but still quite close.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:55 PM
    link   
    It is not just that, the world feels like it is in turmoil at the moment and not just the economy. Natural disasters everywhere and a power struggle between nations that all have the power to end life on earth. Also I have a personal feeling that things are coming to an end. It is difficult to explain but the feelings are horrible and sickly.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:59 PM
    link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
    We are approaching the end of the world. I have a very strong feeling that makes me sick to my stomach. I have never had this feeling before.

Sent you a U2U message.

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:00 PM
    link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
    It is not just that, the world feels like it is in turmoil at the moment and not just the economy. Natural disasters everywhere and a power struggle between nations that all have the power to end life on earth. Also I have a personal feeling that things are coming to an end. It is difficult to explain but the feelings are horrible and sickly.

I have always had the feeling that I'll be witness to Earth altering events in my lifetime.

I don't know if this qualifies but it is certainly an addition to some crazy $%%% in the last year or so.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:06 PM
    link   
    Her is a Link where you can see pretty good where this "Plume" comes from. Directly on Top of the Swarm.

TheExticti onProtocol

Edit: From the Comments on that Site "UPDATE 23:46 UTC : We are now convinced that the erupting volcano is the Nabro volcano (an official confirmation is still missing)"

edit on 12-6-2011 by Shenon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:09 PM
    link   
    I'm certain from the maps it is Nabro that is erupting...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join