It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physicist Stephen Hawking denounced for believing...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Physicist Stephen Hawking denounced for believing...

www.naturalnews.com

Behind every madman, there is a distorted philosophy that denies people their humanity, says Mike Adams, creator of the new mini-documentary "The God Within," available now on NaturalNews.TV. This documentary deconstructs the core philosophies underpinning modern scientific thinking, unveiling the frightening fact that most modern scientists do not believe human beings have free will, a soul, or even anything resembling consciousness.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 12-6-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Hawking: Godless, mindless, soulless and hopeless
In "The God Within," Adams takes aim at famed physicist Stephen Hawking, author of the book "The Grand Design." In that book, Hawking claims that human beings are merely "biological machines" with no consciousness, no souls, no spirit, no mind and nothing but a collection of organized chemicals that run physical brains in a deterministic machine-like way. This belief, says filmmaker Mike Adams, also the editor of NaturalNews.com, is a dangerous pretext for the "scientific" experimentation on human beings because it fails to recognize the value of life, free will or conscious experience.

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12-6-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Jun 12 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+40 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Nikola014

Looks like people feel threatened.

If you know basic chemistry, basic biology, basic physics and basic neurology, you'll see that all of our actions, thoughts and perceptions are influenced primarily by electrical signals in our brain, of which external/internal factors such as genetics, environment, and experiences are a catalyst for. There is no "magical" free will, and IF let's say there is "magical"free-will, it would be so weak in effect that in comparison to all the other "driving forces" behind our actions, it could be considered insignificant.
edit on 12-6-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

For once I actually agree with the opinion of someone writing on 'natural news' but unfortunately that is all this is, an opinion. I'm not sure that it should appear in the breaking alternative news forum for that reason.

It's an opinion piece where the writer is plugging the film he's made, not a news report.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Just because someone believes that we aren't built by magic building blocks from a holy hand, doesn't mean that he cannot appreciate the "blessing" of life.
Actually I would argue that it is even more amazing, that our bodies are the sole product of millions of years of evolution and cosmic randomness, instead of someone's creation.

Well that's my two cents, at least.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
It is alright Mr. Hawking. Never mind the haters. You have made the whole world think about ourselves differently. I appreciate your contribution to humanity.

I am a supporter of a great mind. He is looking for logical answers for the meaning of life and the answers we all want.
edit on 12-6-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
If you broke everything down to the source of being then obviously you can see how it works. This doesn´t mean behind the system there is not an energy of spirit making person who they are. No two people are the same ! even people with similiar backgrounds and experiences.
edit on 12-6-2011 by linkshot1000 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

most modern scientists do not believe human beings have free will, a soul, or even anything resembling consciousness.

The problem with religion is it has deceived many into believing they are divine beings constructed in the image of their creator. It's harder to accept what the harsh realities of science say about humans and human nature.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

Not true. I understand the basics of physiological science and am educated enough to even "understand" that which I don't understand. Right now I can do whatever I want; sit-ups, nap, whatever. This choice is up to me and me alone. Just because my past exists therefore I have learned from that therefore am statistically inclined to choose based on physiology, has no bearing the existence of free will.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

most modern scientists do not believe human beings have free will, a soul, or even anything resembling consciousness.

The problem with religion is it has deceived many into believing they are divine beings constructed in the image of their creator. It's harder to accept what the harsh realities of science say about humans and human nature.

i heavily disagree with you as religion states that any being who considers himself as divine as god will go to hell, this is also one of the reasons lucifer was cast out of heaven, because he thought he could be as powerful as god.

Learn your facts before you go religion bashing!

Also your science says that their are multi-dimensions - Correct or incorrect? ------ Correct, so how does mr stephan hawkins know that one of those dimensions is not where God resides and the stories of the holy books occurred in other dimensions and we have been so disconnected from nature that we fail to see it and...... how do you know for that matter?
edit on 12-6-2011 by ShadowZion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

They call it Theoretical Science for good reason.

It's all just theories and opinions and I doubt whether myself or my great great grandchildren will be around when the answers are known..

So let's just believe what we wish to believe..

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Obviously we are biological machines. We are also all constructed from the remnant star dust that formed our solar system. We also all come from the very source of the universe itself, whatever that may be.

As multicellular beings capable of brain function, we have assumed individuality (soul). As humans, we have become conscious and aware of not only our own existence, but everything else in our spectrum of perception as well.

As humans, we have the ability to explore outerspace; from the desert, to the Earth, to the planets, and then to the stars themselves. Doing so, expands our understanding of innerspace. By viewing our home planet from further and further away, we as a species realize just how small we really are.

You have to be hurt to know pain, and you have to live in loneliness before you learn what love is.

The same is true for our progression. The more we realize how truly small and insignificant we really are in the bigger picture, the more we learn.

We search space desperately for any other intelligent form of life, if not just because we are a lonely race. But we can't find it.

The longer we stay trapped on this planet, the more we feel like rats in a cage. Overpopulated rats in a cage. The prospect of escape fades away each year, we begin to cannibalize ourselves, hoarding the food and water from the other rats until they all die so we can have more room to ourselves on top of their bones.

The question isn't whether we have souls or not. The question is, will our collective conscience remain stable and in the interest of all of us by the time we get out of this place, or will we all have succumb to ignorance and arrogance just like human civilizations before us?

/end 3AM inner monologue

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

well hawking should have a unique perspective on life.

ya think??

i think this guy is trying to spin something.

one of the most brilliant minds on the planet thinks he's a collection of impulses?

in a wheel chair with his condition and position?

personally i would be pretty on board with the higher power,

thankful i had what i have and not dumpster material.

or in a home.

granted he established himself before he got worse but

if anyone would think about a creator, it would be him.

eta; i'm way off, huh.

edit on 12-6-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Loved it..

Edit to add:

We are also all constructed from the remnant star dust that formed our solar system.

You are correct..
Science tells us that matter can not be destroyed, only it's state altered..
Therefore every atom in our body has been around since the beginning..

edit on 12-6-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by soldita

But that choice was decided long ago by your genetic makeup and procedurally altered by experience and environment. And those three things each lead into a highly complex field of which all end up tying together in microbiology. You are not really "you", you are a collection cells organised into tissue microstructures and as part of a macrostructure called "a human being". Hell, even then each cell is as complex as the human body.

You are merely living a mixture of a pre-programmed life coupled with post-programming by external collections of cells. Your thoughts are controlled like this aswell. "free will" in it's magical, immaterial sense is not real. You are still an individual highly complex computer though.

No free will doesn't mean you are not an individual. Your particular collection of cells is an individual group working together for the same end of life-cycle.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
A brilliant mind in a useless body, his unwillingness to contemplate creationism is understandable to a certain extent, may we all pray for his soul.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
This man is brilliant, but it's not worth anything when he have no faith.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Loved it..

After writing that I opened up my astronomy textbook and encountered a quote that sums it up quite nicely:

"We shall not cease from exploration,
And the end of all our exploring,
Will be to arrive where we started,
And know the place for the first time."
- T.S. Eliot (from a poem)

+33 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I agree to an extent that we are biological machines, but what is love? what is art? what is this phenomenon we call music? dance? dreams?
Throughout my whole life I have always thought there is something deep within, the very first thoughts I can remember were who am I? What is this place? What am I doing here? The fact that we are self aware is a phenomenon which we still can't explain.
In fact many science fiction movies address this issue of what does it mean to be self aware? What does it mean for a biological machine or a computer to say "I am".
I'm not a religious person at all but I believe there is something being overlooked, I don't know what it is we are overlooking but it is definately something so deep that we have no comprehension of.
edit on 12-6-2011 by SpaceMonkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Check my edit..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join