It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physicist Stephen Hawking denounced for believing...

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Nikola014

The last few things I've heard Hawking say are not things of which I can agree too.

I think his own beliefs opinions are slanting a potentially intelligent thought about the topic....

He's been like a machine for a few decades.....maybe that is why he feels that way....

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Here is part one of the documentary Crazy Rulers of the World:

The whole documentary is worth watching. The fact is that "our leaders" have become interested in the paranormal, particularly its military applications.

The meshing of the gears of government with the gears of organized crime is well attested by people who have emerged from the belly of the big beast of government, such as Catherine Austin Fitts or Michael Ruppert, as well as numerous commentators on the illicit drug trade, the CIA, as well as reporters like Jim Marrs who have investigated various conspiracy theories.

There are few people who truly believe that our societies are controlled by the ethical and virtuous among us.

I think that there is a good bet that if anything can be done of an extraordinary nature in the spiritual context, there are people in the service of our "rational and materialistic" elites who are investigating it and finding out if it can be turned to their use.

As to whether "souls" can be put into containers and of what use that would be, I couldn't say. It sounds like the sort of thing that Wade Davis referred to in his study, The Serpent and the Rainbow, of how zombies are produced in Haiti. Can we think of any government agency or corporation that would have use for a zombie, if such a being could actually be produced?

Could a government agency that wants to use oddball, paranomal or spiritual phenomena for its own nefarious purposes make use of a Stephen Hawking or a Richard Dawkins to spread the word among the naive that such stuff is all childish nonsense?

Could someone as intelligent as Stephen Hawking be just another dupe, albeit a gold plated one?
edit on 14-6-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by falseveils

Out of the mouths of ATS babes!

Perfect...just perfect. We should pour our tea/coffee and start the day with this youtube...plus it's Terrence McKenna!
edit on 14-6-2011 by angelchanneller because: Sorry you have been around longer than I. Your posts are so low. Why?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Do you think because you exist? Or do you exist because you think? You are owner of your body, but your being is far more. The people who tell you what reality is, don't even know themselves neither do they see beyond their five senses. Because of their ignorance and lack of experience in the higher energies within the human body, they are blind to reality COMPLETELY, utterly asleep and incapable of perceiving truth.

I have transported my conscience to other places, I have tapped into the akashic records, witnessed the higher realms, and have seen over the mountain top. I know that I an more than my body. I can say, with absolute surety, that 99 percent of humanity is utterly asleep and completely unaware of reality or their own individual existence.

Don't let these idiots tell you what you are. No instrument in the world, no science in the world can yet peek into the reality that I experience on a daily bases. You will all be amazed when you learn that you have been lied to for thousands of years. Hell, even the scientists aren't aware of it.
edit on 14-6-2011 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
reply to post by felonius

"he exchanged his youth and his body for a wicked intellect"

Seriously? Please clarify how he exchanged his youth and body for a wicked intellect?

Maybe I didnt phrase that correctly.

while he was gifted at a young age with a wicked intellect, most of his youth was ruined by his affliction.

In as such, the "exchange".

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jrocbaby

Originally posted by felonius
reply to post by Nikola014

I can understand why hawking feels this way.

he exchanged his youth and his body for a wicked intellect.

however,

it seems more and more he is only a bitter old man, pissed at god, and able to compose books on the subject.

Not sure I wouldnt be in the same boat if I were as messed up as he.

Never the less, I disagree with him entirely as of his later "ideas".

So it is okay for smart people to disbelieve of god, and it is okay with stupid people to believe in god?

I think we actually see eye to eye on something

Intelligence has nothing to do with atheism. Athiests (or any other religion) are entirely too self-important if they believe that.

The reason underlying a great deal of his leaning to atheism is the crap health he has endured. While some could possibly still believe in a spiritual side to things under the circumstances, he (obviously) did not.

His choice. His right. Hopefully his "next time around" will be less restrictive. Who knows. He may have been "fast tracking" karma. Or just being taught a lesson. Not my call. I could have the same fate next go round.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceMonkeys
I'm not a religious person at all but I believe there is something being overlooked, I don't know what it is we are overlooking but it is definately something so deep that we have no comprehension of

The problem with this is that when a Christian reads it he/she says, "You see, it's God", Muslims will see Allah, etc. Just because something does not have a scientific explanation does not mean it's "God". I definitely believe in the supernatural and other forces not supported by science, but I am anti-religion. I believe the religions of this world (the big ones at least) point to aliens pretending to be gods and not some supernatural entity, if indeed such a being exists.

If I should leave this building tonight I will most likely head straight home, but I could decide to make a detour, go to a restaurant or a pub, whatever. Is that "free will" or some biological machinery at work?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014

Hawking: Godless, mindless, soulless and hopeless
In "The God Within," Adams takes aim at famed physicist Stephen Hawking, author of the book "The Grand Design." In that book, Hawking claims that human beings are merely "biological machines" with no consciousness, no souls, no spirit, no mind and nothing but a collection of organized chemicals that run physical brains in a deterministic machine-like way. This belief, says filmmaker Mike Adams, also the editor of NaturalNews.com, is a dangerous pretext for the "scientific" experimentation on human beings because it fails to recognize the value of life, free will or conscious experience.

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12-6-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Jun 12 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

Good, it's about time.
Hawking is more of a "quack" than half of ATS'ers.

I like what Adams said there,
Very much, and I couldn't agree more.

Hawking is a great example of "educated fools"..
Soo much "education", yet soo unbelievably stupid and ignorant.

STFU Hawking.

edit on 15-6-2011 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Yes, control, something like, psi ops that arent working for them are on their hit list, as many have said. Steven Hawkings as a physicist must be aware that their advanced science is Weird Science and Frikkin Magic.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I recommend watching a documentary called Quantum Activist. It's about Amit Goswami (who was also interviewed in What The Bleep Do We Know).

He's a theoretical nuclear physicist who has taught physics for 32 years. In the documentary he gives some pretty mindbending points about the problematics of consciousness and some speculation why we haven't been able to understand what actually causes it.

One of the most radical claims Goswami makes is that - in the end - consciousness does actually create the fabric of reality. And that everything really is fully connected on some other, unseen level.
Sure, we are in a way biological machines. Actually, that is exactly what the 8 circuits of consciousness-theory is based on, which I think is revolutionary psychological model (and will be the future).

Highly recommend. Forger stuff like Zeitgeist.
edit on 16/6/2011 by Tryptych because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych
One of the most radical claims Goswami makes is that - in the end - consciousness does actually create the fabric of reality.

I wouldn't call it radical.

It is the unavoidable conclusion of comprehending the fundamental nature of reality and consciousness.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join