It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would aliens give a crap about us.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Perhaps there are multiple alien lifeforms on separate planet and universes that mirror our situation.
So say 3 million light years away is a universe with intelligent life similar to humans or far more intelligent, and curious.. and they are looking at other planets for life.. to learn if they are alone?

Of course, there can be multiple reasons why a species would want to find other life- I am just giving one example.. and not are as curious or friendly

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Yup we sure do, and we have spray repellants for both! Aliens would be smart to never EVER cross us. We will find something LIKE oil and RAPE their planet, leaving their air dirty, water toxic, and even their version of vegetables will make them grow a 3rd eye. (or maybe a 4th, depending on the alien)

Right.. because I'm sure we are a unique snowflake in the grand scheme of the universe, and all civilizations from all solar systems for hundreds of billions of light years around us all evolved from fish to peace-loving, generous, considerate, brilliant, perfect societies in one smart step.

C'mon.. I'd think all civilizations have to slog through all the bad to get to a more enlightened civilization. For how "evil" we are, there is a rather lot of good, too. Some people just ignore it.. and focus on the bad, which is a pity. That's what you get when you pay too much attention to MSM.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

No, when you pay attention to the MSM you see the evil in muslims, not humans.

The MSM is what tries to sugar up the planet, while the people who own THEM wage capitalistic wars in silence.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The most discussed UFO event ever, the crash near Roswell New Mexico, had security implications. The Roswell air base at that time in 1947 was home to the U.S. Air Corps sole atomic bomb squadron. Its my opinion that extraterrestrials are very interested in our advances in weaponry. Perhaps to gauge a future threat that humans might pose to them once we become a space faring race. I suspect they'd rather not take the risk and ignore us only to find one of their inhabited planets nuked.
edit on 10-6-2011 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
If they do happen to exist and they do come here they will make slaves of us all just like those who run our countries now.Make no mistake THEY WOULD NOT HAVE OUR BEST INTEREST AT HEART.They would have no need for us except for possible food source (we will be their food) In the Old Testament the Children of the fallen angels were flesh eaters (not just meat eaters but HUMAN EATERS) so get ready to be someones meal .

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
If they do happen to exist and they do come here they will make slaves of us all just like those who run our countries now.Make no mistake THEY WOULD NOT HAVE OUR BEST INTEREST AT HEART.They would have no need for us except for possible food source (we will be their food) In the Old Testament the Children of the fallen angels were flesh eaters (not just meat eaters but HUMAN EATERS) so get ready to be someones meal .

You dont know that. We'll see soon enough.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ObvTruth

I never said I know that for sure,but I do know that what has been before will be again,nothing new under the sun ..history DOES repeat itself ..that cannot be denied ..

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Who knows they probably are civilized. And just because we as Humans would do that doesnt mean all intelligent life are the same.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
The most discussed UFO event ever, the crash near Roswell New Mexico, had security implications. The Roswell air base at that time in 1947 was home to the U.S. Air Corps sole atomic bomb squadron. Its my opinion that extraterrestrials are very interested in our advances in weaponry. Perhaps to gauge a future threat that humans might pose to them once we become a space faring race. I suspect they'd rather not take the risk and ignore us only to find one of their inhabited planets nuked.
edit on 10-6-2011 by Frith because: (no reason given)

I agree with this idea and I think another theory is they altered our DNA and made us into human beings.

There could be aliens who simply visit our planet as a "tourist" destination, and not give a crap about us too...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
.The entire universe is in a cube on some kid’s desk.
We’re his science project.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stevooo

What if "they" are "us" from
the future?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
There are 2 ways of seeing this - they are going to help us (I don't know any reason) or they colonize us.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Why would aliens give a crap about us? They need new bodies, we being the host --- through which they can observe/experience "life": Call it a symbiotic relationship whereby they offer healing in exchange for energy to exist in the host. Just more creepy thoughts coming through.

edit on 2011-6-11 by pikypiky because: To correct for "proper" grammar and spelling.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by manta78
reply to post by stevooo

What if "they" are "us" from
the future?

I would like for this to be true but why would they interfere with the past knowing it would affect the future?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by stevooo

There are 3 main definite reasons why Earth is probably being watched.

1. Humans are warlike.
2. Humans are now going into space and may take those imperial attitudes with us.
3. Humans now have nukes and maybe other advanced weaponry not generally known by the masses which may be a threat to our cosmic cousins (especially the ones who may "own" our patch of the galaxy).

There is lots of evidence that UFOs have been watching our nuclear facilities.

See Karl12's thread here UFO reports from Nuclear/Atomic Sites.

Of course, many people believe there has been an alien intervention in the human story. Any good parent surely wants to keep tabs on it's progeny.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by stevooo

u people still dont get that it also has a spiritual component no?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevooo
If they are here, then they are capable of interstellar travel. If you got that in the bag what would you possibly need from earth, much less humans. At best we are tourist trap for aliens on there way to check out saturns rings. The only reason they might interact with humans is to help us out. if their were bad reptialian aliens why would they care about human political systems. what could our society possibly offer them? I dont know if its apparent that i dont think UFOs are interacting with humans, but i would like to have my mind changed with some good answers to my questions.

1.) Curiosity - why does the discovery channel exist? Why do people give a crap about animals and nature?
2.) DNA - there's a great lot of it here. Millions of different kinds, in vast abundance. When a society got sufficiently advanced, and could fly around from star to star, they'd probably have plenty of raw minerals, water, and most other materials they wanted. DNA, however, especially certain kinds, could easily be an extremely precious commodity.
3.) Raw materials - even though most materials may be fairly common, perhaps some aren't. We haven't done much mineral sampling of our own solar system, let alone other systems in the area. And even if no single element is that rare, perhaps some compounds are. The pics of aliens prospecting in the ground, and the tales of UFOs dogging nuclear power plants makes me think this is a candidate.
4.) Safe Harbor - From what we can currently tell, there may not be a lot of class-M planets out there. Where would you rather set down to refuel & regroup -- Earth, or Venus? Being able to breathe kinda makes things like repair work easier.
5.) Staging Area - Similar to above. We don't know too much about intergalactic wars and politics. Even if all the DNA and resources of earth were meaningless, maybe we are a useful staging area in intergalactic war. Send the cigar shaped supply ships (note: that is speculation) in to stash some advanced fuel or weapons, pick them up later. And what if their enemies have some equivalent of a prime directive or golden rule, like respect for the life of innocents. If their enemies (greys, reptilians) were staging at some lifeless rock, they could just annihilate it. But since they are staging here, they are prevented from large offensive action because of our presence.
6.) Slave Labor - If you need a lot of plutonium, or space widgets, or cow intestines, instead of bothering harvesting them with your fleet of saucers, why not just help a pre-industrial society to become a technological empire, controlled by an enormous government that sucks away 40% of its GDP and spends hundreds of dollars on hammers? Then a little collusion with world leaders can encourage the stupid monkeys to make it all for you.

Originally posted by Pimander
reply to post by stevooo

There are 3 main definite reasons why Earth is probably being watched.

1. Humans are warlike.
2. Humans are now going into space and may take those imperial attitudes with us.
3. Humans now have nukes and maybe other advanced weaponry not generally known by the masses which may be a threat to our cosmic cousins (especially the ones who may "own" our patch of the galaxy).

LOL at all of those. I'll quote the illustrious 'Q' from ST:TNG, who calls us (actually even the fictional humans in our idyllic 24th century future) a "dangerously savage child race." Certainly if we possessed ships like the Enterprise-D along with its array of weaponry, I might expect them to be very concerned. But given that we are likely to kill ourselves off in any number of ways, and given the complete crudeness of our ships and weapons, I have to laugh if you think ANY interstellar race considers us a threat. The only way any humans would be an interstellar threat would be if you gave them hyper-advanced tech the likes of which we have barely imagined.

Originally posted by Pimander
There is lots of evidence that UFOs have been watching our nuclear facilities.

Of course, many people believe there has been an alien intervention in the human story. Any good parent surely wants to keep tabs on it's progeny.

If the greys are our parents, I hope the state comes and declares them unfit.

As for their interest in our nuclear weapons (and plants), it is either concern for our safety, amusement at our stupidity (like waiting for a train wreck), or interest in and/or extraction of any number of radioisotopes for their own purposes.
edit on 11-6-2011 by Observer99 because: Added new quote

edit on 11-6-2011 by Observer99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Same reason we take an interest in ant hills.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

that could work. it would explain why they only observe. it is also a would give a motivation for them to be here.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

Ufos as extra dimensional spiritual entities. thats probably the scariest proposition ive heard.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join