It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Sends Internal Memo ~ Family/Personal Preparedness Plan Dated Today June 10 ~ What The ?!?!?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by clearmind

I think it means that they are responsible for the astronauts safety when they are in space. This would be a shuttle mission or staying on the International Space Station where NASA has thier astronauts.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The 'ol' cliché' that NASA sends people to space by equipment made from the low bidders is simply not true, and is a disturbing antidotal uneducated punch phrase CTer's use Ad nauseam.

Come up with real research you juveniles! Try to get a real job with those beliefs. You wont. You simply wont.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Birddog26

Right. No other government agency is responsible for astronauts safety and welfare.
Not that tricky a statement to decipher.

edit on 6/11/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

ahh, thank , very true

but now that the space shuttle is now dead...

NASA is encouraging U.S. companies to take over cargo runs to the space station and, ultimately, provide rides for crews. In the meantime, American astronauts will continue to ride back and forth on Soyuz spacecraft at a cost of tens of millions of dollars a seat, as NASA turns its attention toward interplanetary travel.

www.businessweek.com...still just a weird statement to make..will nasa still be at the forefront of ..safety and preparedness for the 2 american astrounants..
interplanetary travel?!?

just thinking thoughts...
edit on 11-6-2011 by clearmind because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2011 by clearmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Juveniles. That says it. I think thats where this stems from. Im a responder and this is all such nonsense. It HAS to be from paranoid folks looking for something thats not there. We train, we get bulletins..we practice, practice...even play dead. It means nothing. Someday tho...it might.

Gods sake...go eat a cookie and look for conspiracies elsewhere. They arent here with this topic....but I know youre not gonna believe it.

There are enuff real conspiracies around to drop this issue for good. WE NEED TO TRAIN. We get alerts. We practice. It does not mean anythings is up!

Go back to your vidoe game reality...which is where this appears to stem from...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
A half mile up the road from me here in Massachusetts is trashed from a tornado. Just about every employer in MA put out some sort of preparedness memo afterwards.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
...so what does Administrator Bolden mean by this.........."You know, we at NASA, we're an incredibly unique organization. We're the only agency in the Federal government that's responsible for the saftey and well being of people, not only here on earth, BUT OFF THIS PLANET.."

www.nasa.gov...

i guess that said NONE of us are mind readers..but a weird statement to make

It is my firm belief the Administrator simply ad libbed from the copy.

NASA is the only federal agency responsible for its people's safety and well-being here on Earth and in space and has a longtime commitment to safety and emergency preparedness.

I have emphasized the deviations above. (source from above link.)
============================================================
ON TOPIC:

FYI, there were 3 distinct discrepancies in the article linked in OP:

1. The "Source" of article is listed as "NASA History" link is to NASA History.

2. The title of Darrius Lewis is shown as "Mission Support Directorate” and does NOT match:

NASA Headquarters Emergency Management Program
Safety Coordinator: Darrius Lewis, (202)358-0608

fasd.hq.nasa.gov...

3. The last line in article states NASA INC. "Incorporated"

Perhaps just sloppy journalism?

Lastly OP writes:

Some sources have this message sent to NASA employees as being sent in the form of an email.

but none are provided.

I’m just fact checking here and IMHO feel this is much ado about nothing. Just stressing alert diligence in light of upcoming hurricane season and recent extreme weather events.

/MD
edit on 11-6-2011 by MaskedDebater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MaskedDebater

NASA INC does not stand for incorporated. It is the NASA Internal News & Communications (NASA INC). It is part of NASA's Office of Public Affairs and was formerly known as INFOCOM.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

OK thanks my bad. I did not realize that.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

It does look a little funky if you do not know. I think they should have thought it out a little better when they named it or spell it out fully instead of abreveating it. The only reason I know was that It cuaght me as being suspicious when I had recieved a memo from them with NASA INC on it and decided to make a phone call and check it out.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Well thanks for that, I read your reply as was scraping the egg off my face. It might help if it was displayed as I.N.C. After the prior 2 small inconsistencies, it just thought it might be lazy reporting.

Now if it was an LLC I'd really be freaking out.

/MD

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I hear you. I work for one of the Joint Force Commands in the J2 shop (intel and security) and we get info from them on launches and different stuff that we footnote in briefings. The first time I saw it I called a close friend that works for NASA and asked if Bill Gates and Richard Branson had bought them and gone into the private sector. You never know these days with outsourcing and all.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
HERE is what they are afraid off

On June 2nd there was an alignment and ELEnin was involved BUT it was the most MINOR type of alignment, for the Earth, you could imagine. ELEnin the sun Mercury, Venus, sort-of Mars, and Jupiter and Saturn RIGHT ON were all aligned, so THAT is a pretty big alignment and it is a fairly LONG one, they are all moving in the same direction, drifting SLOWLY into the alignment over a couple days and staying close together for a couple days, ACCEPT Earth was not in it.

Earth was out all by itself FAR away from the alignment, so this alignment CAN cause influence on the Earth ONLY because ALL of its normal gravitational influences are GONE, actually just reduced, sucked into the alignment occurring perpendicular and away from the Earth. Soo IF the Earth has quakes or volcanos near this date it is because in the absence of all NORMAL influences the Earth's shape will go UNUSUALLY ROUND and THAT causes a REACTION !

AND there is one other possibility, when ELEnin aligns with the Sun and other planets its EFFECTS on the Sun increases causing MORE of this WEIRD radiation, the radiation that causes carbon 14 to decay more rapidly, to come OUT of the Sun even MORE and THAT effects the Earth and causes more internal heat and volcanic activity

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
It's probably just SOP because it's hurricane season.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ironsjack
so many sheeps on this thing, one person says its a conspiracy and everyone runs round screaming! "oh my god theres a planet alignment" "oh my god theres a huge earthquake coming"

SHEEPS.

IMHO, people that say sheeps or sheeple are sheeps themselves.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
i found this on nasas hq website its a meeting under the news and events section which is a preparedness meeting

2011 "Be Prepared" Lunch and Learn Series NEW

Date/Time: June 15, noon – 1 p.m.
All Headquarters personnel are invited to attend the next session in this series hosted by the HQ Emergency Management Team. Dave Redman, Director, Facilities Administration and Services Division, will discuss how NASA HQ could be impacted and how we would respond if a natural disaster or crisis occurred in the National Capital Region. Attend this informal session and enjoy pizza and snacks.

www.hq.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DjWillow

ZOMG the end is nigh!!

This must coincide with Elenin AND the lunar eclipse!!!

Why now NASA? We now know!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I also heard "Zombie" is a code word.

Could this be part of the "zombie" warning?

"Zombie" meaning "looters"?

Protect yourself from looters when crap hits the fan?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
After reading through the info at the posted web-link, it seems to be nothing more than a readiness plan offered to help protect employees in the case of just about any emergency. I've worked for companies in the past that had Family Readiness Programs and they had nothing to do with any single event but were meant to help employees prepare for any emergency that may affect your ability to get food, water, fuel, electricity, etc...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MACchine

With all the spacejunk, planets, stars, meteors, comets and all of the undetected debris yet to be discovered I find this whole alignment thing to be so ridiculous. Together with the hundreds of billions of galaxies in the universe and the stars within, there is an alignment happening right now. and now... and now.

Now take a handful of change and throw it on the floor, see how many alignments you can find.

The idea that a comets alignment would effect us somehow is just absurd.

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join