It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Sends Internal Memo ~ Family/Personal Preparedness Plan Dated Today June 10 ~ What The ?!?!?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Just posted about this too until being pointed here. lol

This is very curious.

I'm somewhat leaning towards a general 'be prepared message.' If you look at the NASA site, they are known debunkers of disasters. They debunk 2012, pole shifts, comet elenin, etc.

But on the other hand, I can see how they could possibly give the public one bit of information and insiders another.

At the very least, it's eerie.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
It could simply be an update of personal information, this is very common in all US national laboratories, they just want to make sure of all contingencies. Probably not a good idea to read too much into it.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Thaks for this "really strange" news, Signals!
S&F.

....and other unforeseen catastrophes.

Hmmm...
COMET ELENIN TAIL?

Is This "The October Surprise"?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I read a week ago that this year is going to be really full of hurricanes, especially the central America area. It was said to have up to 11-15 deadly hurricanes, few of them the size of hurricane Catrina. Sorry I can't present the link, I will add it if I can find it again.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Why would they post that on their PAGE instead of sending it to their employees' mail? Because they KNEW we'd be acting like dumb kids.Connect the dots please.Peace.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Originally posted by wdkirk
My company just updated its emergency policies. We make gears. Must mean there's and alien invasino/Extinction level Event/HAARP attack/Zombie apocolypse......(insert other insane idea here)...coming to Indiana.

...or....NASA is doing what all companies do for Emergency Policies.

edit on 10-6-2011 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

I hear what you and other posters are saying, but timing is everything...

Why now?

I suggest you think about that question for a second. Another posted something on locations and it is prudent to understand where NASA operates out of.

www.nasa.gov...

It seems like many of the centers/facilities are coastal and hence could be influenced by cyclonic activity.

Secondly, just this year alone, there has been quite a few severe thunderstorms with tornadoes which have devastated parts of the heartland (most notably Joplin, MO) . My company operates out of Huntsville, AL which coincidentally, NASA also has a center located there. My corporate office was without power for nearly a week about a month ago and a number of my coworkers had various types of damage to there property due to these types of storms. Again, timing is everything right? Of course, hurricane season just started (01 June) and many of NASA's centers can be and have been negatively influenced by bad weather either directly or indirectly from hurricanes (anyone remember Hurricane Ike in '08 - Johnson Space Center in Houston, or Hurricane Katrina in '05 - Michoud Assembly Facility - New Orleans, LA, just to name a couple.

It was asked why they don't share this information with the general public and to that I say, they are. If you look at the message, there is a url that takes you to a message from the administrator and a place for you to download the preparedness guides. Mind you, this a public NASA site and not restricted to only NASA employees and contractors.

On another note, is NASA keeping information from the public? That is yet to be seen, but it is a government entity which has a proven track record of conveniently withholding information from the public when it sees fit. I suggest then, that it is entirely possible for NASA to do the same. Are they doing so now, under the guise of passing along emergency preparedness information to it's "family", it is possible but highly unlikely. There are too many reasons why they should do this sort of thing, especially since many people or distrusting of the US government already. It appears to me that this is nothing but positive and proactive on the governments part. Think about it, as with every other government organization, NASA does not want to loose any funding nor does it want to shrink in size. Taking steps to ensure you have your standing workforce available to do whatever just makes sense.

One final note, to the individual (AllURChips) that spoke to the retirement of the shuttle, you can easily find information on the history and purpose of the shuttle fleet that would tell you why NASA is retiring them. Suffice it to say, NASA has already retrofitted the fleet once because there was still much to be done, including the construction of the space station, which incidentally was finally finished just this year.

I've always felt that it's okay to cast a critical eye on everything, but in certain situations you need only give a passing glance simply because the facts surrounding the item/event just make sense.

ESV

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Like others have posted, this is a pretty standard company practice in almost all major companies. We get updates once a month on what to do to mitigate risks to your health. Preparedness plans are required by most companies for one reason or another, most of the time insurance related. I can only assume it's a lack of experience or education that would lead someone to believe that a preparedness plan is some big conspiracy. It's called a company doing what they are supposed to do. We had a heat wave and tornadoes here in western Mass. and sure enough the company sent out a memo stating what to do in the event of extreme heat or a tornado....woow they must know something bad is coming!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
why the heck is this coming from NASA?

Shouldn't it be coming from FEMA ???

Unless NASA knows something FEMA
does not. hmmmmm

We just got that CDC Warning about
Zombies a couple weeks ago. And now
this ??? Something is up and nobody
is talking.

NASA getting involved leads me to
believe it may be an outer space threat.
Elenin ???

And why would NASA's preparedness plans
be any different than FEMA's ???

Every government agency has its own disaster plan; IIRC after 9/11 Homeland Security mandated it although a lot of agencies would have done it on their own anyway. It's just a good idea. We've been doing these personal preparedness things for years. No big deal.

FEMA has nothing to do with it. A lot of people think that FEMA is in charge of getting people prepared for disasters of any type, but that's not true. FEMA is just the place states send the bills to for reimbursement. Most disaster preparedness starts at the local level. Local governments then ask their state governments for help, who in turn ask the feds. That's what a lot of people got wrong about Katrina. The federal government cannot intervene unless a state requests it.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This is in preparedness for the coming events in the next 16-18 months. This planet is going to go thru a lot and so will we. We are along for the ride, never forget that folks.Prepare your family and yourselves for as much as you can.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
So why even send an "internal" memo? That doesn't make sense if they already have a website.

Why THIS?

and THIS?

and THIS?

And seriously, if you live near the Gulf Coast, don't you already know about hurricanes?

It's the horrible redundancy that disturbs me. Be prepared, ad nauseum.

Why are they trying to beat it to death?

We get it already, BE PREPARED.

What I find interesting is how much credence most are giving the federal government. It is a massive bureaucracy and has multiple redundancies by its nature. It is not a business and is not run like one. In my opinion, much of what the federal government does, can be categorized as being ridiculously unnecessary or redundant, politically expedient, extremely costly, or just plain nonsensical.

ESV

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Mother works at the NASA base here in Mississippi and this is a yearly news letter that goes out with this being the most weather active time of the year. With most of the NASA bases close to oceans it is mostly information on hurricans and preparing to evacuate if necessary. Most of the cities n this region mail out or have updated handouts available with the same informtion. No great conspiracy......this time.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Oh behave. There's no talking sense here. Everything is a conspiracy, or didn't you know that?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
why is this coming from NASA?

very strange....they know smething....that we dont know

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by torontoguy123
why is this coming from NASA?

very strange....they know smething....that we dont know

Uh yeah, rocket science.

But seriously NASA staff and family are selectively being warned of the impending cataclysmic event in order to survive. You see the NWO Illuminati elite will require nannys, gardeners,chauffeurs etc after they survive in their posh underground bunkers. Somebody has to plant those sacred preserved seeds and tend to the crops.

/sarcasm

/MD

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Very interesting. It is impossible to watch all of the sky, I doubt it would be even possible to detect an extinction type asteroid.

I am not going to lose any sleep, this memo sounds pretty corporate, and if there is some fishy there isnt anything I can do about it anyways.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker3000

I am not going to lose any sleep, this memo sounds pretty corporate, and if there is some fishy there isnt anything I can do about it anyways.

Please do not diffuse the fear mongers with pure common sense.

Why let truth cloud a good conspiracy?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
why the heck is this coming from NASA?

Shouldn't it be coming from FEMA ???

Unless NASA knows something FEMA
does not. hmmmmm

We just got that CDC Warning about
Zombies a couple weeks ago. And now
this ??? Something is up and nobody
is talking.

NASA getting involved leads me to
believe it may be an outer space threat.
Elenin ???

And why would NASA's preparedness plans
be any different than FEMA's ???

FEMA is responsible for emergency situations here on earth. Since NASA's jurisdiction is involved in matters concerning space flight it seems logical that they have either made contact with other worlds and know something ominus that is about to happen related to EBE's and their intent toward the earth?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
12 to 18 months also falls into the 2012 framework, maybe there is something to all the predictions? With some of the deep space monitoring maybe an asteroid could be headed our way?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This thread really shows something. It shows that a majority here jump to conclusions containing nefarious agendas based on pure paranoia. For how many 365 day cycles can the end continue to be just around the corner?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

If everybody in America got an email from nasa talking about disasters, don't you think about 20 million people or more would whip themselves into a frenzy of paranoia, fear, or worse? Even FEMA doesn't email people, unless you're part of www.infragard.net... most people who are unprepared for anything, and terrified by the prospect, would probably cause a war of the worlds broadcast type event if the utmost care wasn't taken. Most people are too stupid to be prepared anyway, the ones that are worth saving go look on their own!

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join