It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Sends Internal Memo ~ Family/Personal Preparedness Plan Dated Today June 10 ~ What The ?!?!?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+67 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

AGENCYWIDE MESSAGE TO ALL NASA EMPLOYEES:

Point of Contact: Darrius Lewis, Mission Support Directorate, NASA Headquarters, 202-358-0608, [email protected]

Family/Personal Preparedness Plan

NASA is the only federal agency responsible for its people's safety and well-being here on Earth and in space and has a longtime commitment to safety and emergency preparedness. Over the past year, Administrator Bolden has emphasized the importance of Family/Personal Preparedness for the entire NASA family. Family and personal preparedness plans are key to protecting our families and communities during potential emergencies such as fires, floods, earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, terrorist attacks and other unforeseen catastrophes.

Some sources have this message sent to NASA employees as being sent in the form of an email.

The most important assets in the successful completion of NASA's mission are its people and their loved ones. The agency has developed a set of informational guides designed to prepare you, your families and pets for emergencies. These guides will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to develop your Family Preparedness Plan.

All employees are encouraged to download these guides, prepare plans, and review them with your families. The agency has taken the steps to prepare our NASA family; now it is your personal obligation to prepare yourself and/or your family for an emergency.

To view Administrator Bolden's video on family preparedness and to download your Family Preparedness guides, visit [url=http://www.nasa.gov/centers/hq/emergency/personalPreparedness/index.html]

Is it just me or is this an odd sense of timing with the recent disasters in the world? (this was sent out to employees today)

The obvious question is Do they know something we don't?

www.spaceref.com...

Why is NASA worried about family/personal preparedness plans?!?!?

edit on 10-6-2011 by Signals because: classified

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Very interesting. Nice find for sure!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

GREAT post!
And yes, I'd say NASA knows many things we don't...

What was the other message from the CDC recently? The Zombie Apocalypse???

This is getting good...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Interesting wordings :

NASA is the only federal agency responsible for its people's safety and well-being here on Earth and in space and has a longtime commitment to safety and emergency preparedness...

and good timings just 2-3 months left for elenin to be closest to earth...
www.nasa.gov...
edit on 10-6-2011 by smartbuddy because: (no reason given)

link   
I wonder if this is the first time this type of memo has been sent out? Strange indeed. What about the rest of the world beyond nasa employees. (oh yeah, they don't care about the useless eaters)

I assume this is a subtle way to tell people that TS will HTF

link   
why the heck is this coming from NASA?

Shouldn't it be coming from FEMA ???

Unless NASA knows something FEMA
does not. hmmmmm

We just got that CDC Warning about
Zombies a couple weeks ago. And now
this ??? Something is up and nobody
is talking.

NASA getting involved leads me to
believe it may be an outer space threat.
Elenin ???

And why would NASA's preparedness plans
be any different than FEMA's ???

+46 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Um. Because they want to look out for their employees?

The most important assets in the successful completion of NASA’s mission are our employees’ and their families. We are taking the steps to prepare our workforce, but it is your personal obligation to prepare yourself and your families for emergencies.

www.nasa.gov...

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

And why would NASA's preparedness plans
be any different than FEMA's ???

They aren't
www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'm getting more and more tempted to jump on the Elenin-is-related-to-earthquakes-and-other-natural-disasters-band wagon...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I think this may be because of solar maximum, if indeed something happens they can say they were prepared.
Seems like a precaution.

+50 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by OnlyLove

Or it could be because it's hurricane season.

edit on 6/10/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
link   
reply to post by Signals

Well.. I live and work here in Florida too.
My work-place sent out a similar message today.

But.. we get those every year.
Because we have HURRICANES here!

We always have to be prepared to evacuate.
In case of a Hurricane is heading our way.

+22 more 
link   
reply to post by Phage

lol, Phage

u know just as well as I do that that is bunk.
NASA does not send out preparedness memos
unless they know something is coming.

Especially ones that contradict FEMA plans.

This is a prime example that the FEMA plans
are not the best plans to follow if NASA is gonna
follow contrary directives for it's employees.

+36 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Is it just me or is this an odd sense of timing with the recent disasters in the world?

That's why it came out. Bad things happened around the globe and NASA decided to remind their "families" that they have taken steps to ensure that, in the event of a disaster, everyone knows what to do. It's a reaction to the various tragedies.

The obvious question is Do they know something we don't?

Just being proactive after the quakes, tornadoes and tsunami. It's like the TSA searching your shoes after someone tries to blow up his shoe.

On the contrary, what they are, most likely doing, is ensuring that, in the event of a catastrophe, their employess aren't fleeing their jobs to make sure their families are safe. If you are at work, in a place the needs you during a crisis, and you are more concerned with your goldfish and your aunt edna, you won't be able to assist in averting any further issues. Thus, they set up a plan for the employees, and their families and, in the event of a catastrophe, they've got an employee who knows that aunt edna and the fish are heading towards the planned safe house or whatever.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

You didn't look at the link, did you?

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well I may be onto something since you are here

Anyhow, you cannot explain this away as "just a company concerned with its employees' well being", come on Phage this is NASA (insert favorite anagram here)...

Highly unusual if you ask me, especially in light of recent events.

+15 more 
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by OnlyLove

Or it could be because it's hurricane season.

so why wait til 2011 to issue preparedness plans
for hurricanes when hurricanes have been happening
since before NASA was created ???

This is the very first one, is it not?
Was there one last yr?
or the year before that ???

WHY NOW ???

+4 more 
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I don't know. Is it?

+85 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

On the contrary, what they are, most likely doing, is ensuring that, in the event of a catastrophe, their employess aren't fleeing their jobs to make sure their families are safe. If you are at work, in a place the needs you during a crisis, and you are more concerned with your goldfish and your aunt edna, you won't be able to assist in averting any further issues. Thus, they set up a plan for the employees, and their families and, in the event of a catastrophe, they've got an employee who knows that aunt edna and the fish are heading towards the planned safe house or whatever.

Nail on the head

My husband received a similar "memo" and then a briefing a few weeks ago concerning family plans and the base's plan during the NLE. The problem was that sensitive positions will be bussed or flown to an undisclosed location in Mo to carry on with the work they were already doing and in so many words.. the civilian contractors and employees were on their own.. so they had a separate sort of prep info package handed out to those guys.
I dont think any of this is nefarious.. its just business as usual.. as 20+ years of dealing with the gov has shown me!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join