It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Sends Internal Memo ~ Family/Personal Preparedness Plan Dated Today June 10 ~ What The ?!?!?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Its a feel good public relations memo. Since NASA has been fighting negative backlash, caused by the ending shuttle program, they feel it is necessary to reassure their employees. During the whole controversy behind the shuttle program's closure, NASA made some anti-American and anti-corporation statements. As a result of a media blunder, NASA is now in jeopardy of being closed forever. Other words, they saw the crap hit the fan, and they had to do something to win back public support.

You see... Obama originally ended the US human space exploration program. As a result of attempting to break a contract with Lockheed Martian, the private contractor was ready to sue for breach of contract. So, they changed the name of the program to...

Link: NASA reveals spaceship for Mars journey

NASA has found the ideal spaceship to take astronauts far from Earth - the same one they've been working on for several years and have spent $5 billion on.

All the Orion capsule needed was a new name - the Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle.

NASA said it decided the spacecraft would be what takes astronauts to a still-to-be-determined destination.

The disposable capsule would take four astronauts on 21-day trips.

The Orion capsule was a cornerstone of former President George W. Bush's plan to return astronauts to the moon.

The Orion capsule is now named (MPCV) the Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle. Same program, different name. If we didn't keep production going on the Constellation Program, China would also have made serious ground in space exploration. China would have obtained space superiority, and then we would have been launched into war.

As a result of changing the program's name, we ended up kill two birds with one stone. Lockheed will no longer be able to sue the US government, and China will not be able to beat us to Mars.

Call it a win-win scenario.

Why did the memo go out to employees specifically? When Obama's original plan was set into place, thousands of employees would have lost their jobs. This memo is a BIG "I am sorry for almost scr$#$%# you over. Can you forgive Obama and NASA, so he can win the election in 2012?"

edit on 6/11/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by Trueman

There is no "case closed". NASA just sent this memo out! It doesn't matter when they came up with the Emergency Prepardedness Plan, it is irrelevant.

What does matter is they are pointing us to that plan NOW

Chad and the rest of them are missing that point. The point is why now? What do they know?

We rely on NASA for all info about incoming NEO's....

It's cause for concern...

Just out of curiosity, when nothing happens and 'elenin' isn't what you think it is, will you be surprised? Will you re-think much of your philosophy, or just make minor adjustments and forge on ahead?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Thanks Phagereply to post by Phage

Thanks Phage!!! I understand. I was merely trying to say that this was something that NASA was participating in as a normal Home Security Exercise and nothing to be alarmed about the timing. However, You said it better than I did.

Bottom line for me, at least for the original OP. I think this story has been discussed pretty thoroughly. Original questions all legit. However, the wealth of good verifiable feedback, links, etc., would indicate to me that this memo coming out now does not raise any flags of unusual danger. Afterall it is a public document, and as others have said, it is never a bad idea to have some plan of action in place in case of an emergency. I will allow the others to define emergency, however, for me, this discussion is closed. Thanks very much. My very first discussion thread. Good luck to all!!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Please...Folks lets face facts. The Zombie thing from the CDC was an attempt at humor to get young people's attention about how to prepare for any emergency, one would prepare for a hurricane or earthquake by having the same supplies available in a kit for quick access.

NASA largely resides in Florida and Hurricane season is upon us. In light of the dangerous WX patterns of the past few seasons does it not make sense for NASA to remind thier employees about emergency preparedness ?

I am sure NASA like any other goverment agency knows lots more than the rest of us (especially me since I am no Rocket scientist) but give me a break. Stretching the truth into something other than what it is does not make it any more than just that a reminder that goverment agencies send out about saftey every week.

We on ATS always complain about the MSM and how they present stories or don't present stories, but no one is more guilty of creating more "stories" than us, with our "PROOF" threads or taking an innocent saftey remainder and turning it into a dire warning of comets striking earth, invading aliens or [insert your current theory or prediction here ].

Be proactive and investigate but lets stop the DRAMA...enough goes on in our world without creating nonsense from nonsense

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Maybe they are warning them over the economy and NASA space shuttle program is being shut down.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This is very interesting

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.
edit on Sat Jun 11 2011 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I DONT QUITE UNDERSTND WHY THEY SAY THE GREAT LAKES ???????

I live right next to Lake Michigan which is part of the great Lakes

Great Lakes
en.wikipedia.org...

Actually maybe Ohio does touch the great lakes .. whoopie dooooooo

IMO-
NASA needs to go back into the Federal court and start telling the truth about stuff !!!!
and If you NASA employees are reading this thread you will know one thing at least ..
I think NASA the big shots you work for ... really are BS in many ways /or/]] more ways than one
IMO-
You have NO plan to Save the earth or as of right now for a Earth direct hit by any object from the outer limits and you all suck at lying about the whole apollo missions .. not to mention I know they would reather save all of you compared to anhyone else only becuase your all good faithful people sworn to secrecy

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by Trueman

There is no "case closed". NASA just sent this memo out! It doesn't matter when they came up with the Emergency Prepardedness Plan, it is irrelevant.

What does matter is they are pointing us to that plan NOW

Chad and the rest of them are missing that point. The point is why now? What do they know?

We rely on NASA for all info about incoming NEO's....

It's cause for concern...

I understand you and you got a good point, but that's why I stated in my post :

Personally, that's all I need, a single solid proof.

Chad provided the answer I required from MANY members here.

What was bugging me was the idea that a memo like that was never been done by NASA before. Of course, there are peculiar circumstances that make the memo more interesting this year.

At the beginning of this thread, I said :

Let's see if other agencies and governments will come out with the same kind of stuff soon.

Obviously, I mean abnormal procedures. So, let's be patient and let the time speak. Meanwhile, there is nothing wrong with get ready for a disaster.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

NASA's two largest and most important facilities are in major hurricane danger zones (Florida and Houston) and what is maybe their next most important, Jet Propulsion Laboratories, is in Los Angeles, which of course is ever at risk for serious earthquakes. It only makes sense that they will want to make sure their employees and their employees' families have access to such information.

There are many major corporations who have disaster relief and aid systems in place for their employees. When I worked at Marsh & McLennan (which lost more than 300 people in the 9/11 attacks), we had access to a service to call or contact in case of emergencies and there were regular disaster preparedness informational seminars and kiosks selling disaster preparedness equipment.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

You can get the same stuff off the FEMA website...you just have to look for it....sending it to NASA employees is coporate techniques for "feel good,we care abov you" stuff...big dogs wqill be in bunkrs while their employees are in tents eating MRE's...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
this was online one year ago, with the note: "stay tuned for emergency warning"

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I think this was posted because all federal agencies will be participating in "Eagle Horizon 2011" scheduled for June 23rd, 2011. Just like they all participated in "NLE 2011" (National Level Exercise) last month. I believe all of these national preparedness exercises started in 2009. The only thing that struck me from the announcement on NASA's website was the part where it stated that they were being more encouraged over the last year than ever to make personal emergency preparations.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Ok, This Could Just Be A Precaution, But i for one think that they know someone or something is out there coming to us and their scared, whether That be Elenin ,Nibiru or another race. This needs to be looked at in depth Because something is up, and i can feel it. Start Digging People. S+F

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
All these natural disasters lately makes this the RIGHT timing, not Unusual timing! And why shouldn't NASA want its employees prepared for emergencies? Retraining people is expensive, dealing with employees undergoing personal problems linked to disasters is also costly. If your employees can't make to work, the work might not get done. Instead of raising the alarm that this timing is odd, it makes total sense to me. "Look around you and notice the people who were and weren't prepared for the disasters that occurred. Isn't being prepared a better choice?" That seems like a perfectly reasonable message to pass on to Everyone!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
so Nasa didnt issue a similar memo last year? was there an ATS thread about NASA's memo of last year? or past years??

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This is simply an extension of DHS Policy of need to prepare. It has been part of DHS messaging for years. NASA being a Federal Agency must likewise pass along the same message. This is no different than flu season awareness messages that you see posted on numerous Government websites. It is an example of bureaucracy in action not a preparation for any end time scenario.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Theyve been updating stuff for years and years, 5-6 times each...over and over and over on all kinds of things. It means NOTHING!

Just...BE PREPARED! Darn...I think if I come to your aid in a disaster to help you...youre gonna SHOOT me!
And so why should I?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
My old employer from years ago had a similar plan for employees to follow.

I guess that it means they were 'hiding' something from the rest of the world doesn't it?

Get over your paranoia people. It's embarassing to the rest of the human race.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join