It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The psychology of Homosexuality

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

ummm. Yes, i am fully aware that liberalis is a word! congrats. But anyone who is aware of the dynamics of language - especially ancient languages like Hebrew, Arabic, Greek, Latin etc - understands that the language at its most basic, grammatical level, conveys a philosophy of life.

Each culture has its own 'archetypal psychology' you can say, and this psychology is reflected in its language. In biblical thought, these languages/archetypes are referred to as 'guardian angels'. Hence there are 70 guardian angels, and 70 languages (according to the bible) which really just expresses the above idea; that every culture unconsciously formulates a language according to its inherent archetypal tendancy. They in a sense are the 'projections' of their language, or consciousness.

Liber was a god in ancient Rome. look it up. Do you not think Liber, and liberalis are related?

Yes. Nonsense.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by Thoriumisbest

Well, im not wrong.

I dont mean to offend anyone. But the fact is: Desires CAN be changed. This is a basic fact, known since time immemorial, but due to propaganda/social factors, can be difficult to understand.

and so answer my question

Can I, or someone else, talk you into being a homosexual?
simple yes or no. by your admission, you can indeed be talked into it..because somewhere in the back of your mind, you already harbor such feelings that you have simply not nurtured..

so, admit it then...you can totally be talked into being a flaming homosexual, grow a moustache, wear leather chaps and straps, etc...

See, now, the thought of that makes me cringe..just sitting here as Mr. Anonymous, whom -fully- accepts gay people to live their life and be happy however they see fit cannot even give a moments thought of it without feeling deep seeded revulsion.

When I was a kid that had absolutely nothing sexually in my mind and came across dad's old penthouses...the male didn't interest me whatsoever...however, the female was absolutely fascinating to me. I had no clue about such stuff.
To me, my hetrosexuality started when I was able to even have initial feelings about people in general...I imagine a homosexual person has the same feelings (but with their own sex)..

I cannot understand the gay mindset...which makes me believe that it is in fact a different mindset. I cannot understand how girls find men attractive (but I don't complain that they do).

So, back to the question...

Can someone talk you into being gay?

__
incidently, sorry about the visual of the san francisco pride parade style gay, just felt a extreme example was in order to get the full impact of what is being suggested.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

What's also needed is a bit of imagination. You have to desire the opposite - and the most important thing in stressing this point is: DO NOT FEAR OR ASSUME YOU ARE UNABLE TO BE ATTRACTED TO THE OTHER SEX.

...YOU HAVE THE ABILITY - FUNDAMENTALLY SPEAKING - to change your desires. Thus, the great cure lies in BELIEF - and only through belief can the seemingly impossible be achieved.

So, in the interest of bettering humanity, why don"t you give this a shot?

Go on out there and test your theory and become gay for a year.
I would suggest you film your experience as I think it would make a fascinating documentary.
If, after a year, you have become fully gay you can show the world that your theory actually works in practice.

I know it probably goes against your grain, as I am sure this idea would to gay people as well, but as you stated if YOU can overcome your fear then anyone could.

I think you should go for it, what do you think?

ahh, someone beat me to it

edit on 10-6-2011 by lellomackin because: to slow

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

For a spiritual guy, you are amazingly ignorant

Never said I was spiritual...and ignorance, well, thats subjective, isn't it.

Your suggesting that I must be ignorant because I tend to go with facts about language verses random crap people on the internet make up. I guess that is ignorant towards people that hate..facts.

But ya, ultimately I don't care if people I deem as ignorant call me ignorant...together we can call each other ignorant and create some sort of perpetual motion machine...solve the energy crisis

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

reply to post by Thoriumisbest

Well, im not wrong.

I dont mean to offend anyone. But the fact is: Desires CAN be changed. This is a basic fact, known since time immemorial, but due to propaganda/social factors, can be difficult to understand.

and so answer my question

Can I, or someone else, talk you into being a homosexual?
simple yes or no. by your admission, you can indeed be talked into it..because somewhere in the back of your mind, you already harbor such feelings that you have simply not nurtured..

so, admit it then...you can totally be talked into being a flaming homosexual, grow a moustache, wear leather chaps and straps, etc...

See, now, the thought of that makes me cringe..just sitting here as Mr. Anonymous, whom -fully- accepts gay people to live their life and be happy however they see fit cannot even give a moments thought of it without feeling deep seeded revulsion.

When I was a kid that had absolutely nothing sexually in my mind and came across dad's old penthouses...the male didn't interest me whatsoever...however, the female was absolutely fascinating to me. I had no clue about such stuff.
To me, my hetrosexuality started when I was able to even have initial feelings about people in general...I imagine a homosexual person has the same feelings (but with their own sex)..

I cannot understand the gay mindset...which makes me believe that it is in fact a different mindset. I cannot understand how girls find men attractive (but I don't complain that they do).

So, back to the question...

Can someone talk you into being gay?

__
incidently, sorry about the visual of the san francisco pride parade style gay, just felt a extreme example was in order to get the full impact of what is being suggested.

I doubt you'll get a straight answer from him. Considering he'd rather deem our opinions as ignorant than respond to a logical standpoint that contradicts his holier-than-thou mindset. I completely agree with Saturn.
edit on 10-6-2011 by DeviantMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by lellomackin

What's also needed is a bit of imagination. You have to desire the opposite - and the most important thing in stressing this point is: DO NOT FEAR OR ASSUME YOU ARE UNABLE TO BE ATTRACTED TO THE OTHER SEX.

...YOU HAVE THE ABILITY - FUNDAMENTALLY SPEAKING - to change your desires. Thus, the great cure lies in BELIEF - and only through belief can the seemingly impossible be achieved.

So, in the interest of bettering humanity, why don"t you give this a shot?

Go on out there and test your theory and become gay for a year.
I would suggest you film your experience as I think it would make a fascinating documentary.
If, after a year, you have become fully gay you can show the world that your theory actually works in practice.

I know it probably goes against your grain, as I am sure this idea would to gay people as well, but as you stated if YOU can overcome your fear then anyone could.

I think you should go for it, what do you think?

Actually, that is a interesting idea overall...

You often hear about gay people trying to "cure" themselves by attempting to become hetro...however, I can't think of a single instance where someone became gay for awhile for science...certainly no documentry about it.

I wonder why that is...I would be interested to see a perfectly straight man..gotta make sure its properly straight though, so a psychological evaluation may be in order (no, being married with kids doesn't count...could just be hiding in the closet)..but actual straight man one day decide to go gay for awhile...show how it overcomes him, how after awhile he doesn't want to "turn" back, and then the struggles as he does leave the gay lifestyle and become "normal".

No doubt it would be a blockbuster.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Liber was a god in ancient Rome. look it up. Do you not think Liber, and liberalis are related?

No more than Odin and Odinary are related.
(strike that example...better one without misspelling)

No more than Hel (goddess of death/norse) is related to Helmits or Hello (no, when you say hello to someone, your not really asking the goddess of death to show up...typically...depends...if its telemarketers then perhaps)

at best you got a very very loose relation...if you however are thinking liberals are pagan hedonists..well,

This country (USA) is founded on life, ...something..., and persuit of happiness (I forget what the second one is...perhaps you can help...I think it may be "pagan wine drinking"...

Give me...pagan wine gods, or give me death.

-queue eye rolling-
edit on 10-6-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Aren't labels wonderful ?

Labels are what divide us.

After we "Cure Gays, Cure Religious Zealots".

Maybe some people (not referring to you) could take a long look in the mirror.

Maybe we should all work on ourselves. Instead of hurling insults.

Just because a "Bus" comes by every hour.

It doesn't mean we have to throw someone under it...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by xxsomexpersonxx

but I also believe that it's too strongly engraved into some people to be able to change it

Which is why i qualified my position in the beginning of my post with "Now, im in no way saying that everyone who attempts to correct or align their consciousness - which is dominantly feminine(in the case of a male)- with their physical body - which is masculine - will always suceed. ", not because i dont think they CANT change it, but because social and personal factors make it far too difficult for them.

I don't see how anyone, who's ever truly been in love, can say those feelings can be immoral if directed at the wrong person. And the sexual side of it, I've never seen any convincing argument that some actions between two consenting people, who are fully capable of true consent, can be immoral either. So the only incentive people have to change is an old book, that is wholly irrelevant to those who don't believe in it.

I admit, ive gone its the lions den with this discussion. 96% of the posters here are die-hard liberals. Im merely stating what i believe is clearly the truth.

I myself have had homosexual feelings. I could also - if i were sick enough to cultivate such feelings, become attracted to animals. All it takes is imagination.

But imagiantion is not enough. Emotional complexes get in the way. They prevent any success in this sphere.

And, also. I have a minor in psychology. I have many books on Kabbalah (which is a metaphysical psychology) Sufism, Jungian psychology. But most importantly, ive done alot of self work that has opened my understanding of the dynamics of the soul.

I never said it was easy. Im not a 'bigot' and in fact the only bigotry im seeing in this thread is towards a conservative, biblical philosophy. And yes - philosophy. There is a philosophy and metaphysics to biblical thought that sadly most people are ignorant of.

Why do i emphasize the importance of 2 PHYSICAL (and not as another poster said, in emphasizing the anima/animus, as if ones physical body were secondary..when in fact it is the primary factor) human beings, male and female coming together? Because this is the natural dynamic in creation. A man - whos a symbol for the masculine, active force, and a woman - the feminine and passive force, unifying creation in the physical - which in turn unfies all of creation. If the physical doesnt reflect the spiritual unity - then its not a true unity. If one is unified spiritually, between anima/animus, but not physical, between male and female...what kind of farce is that?

There is a very deep metaphysics/philosophy behind my beliefs - based in biblical metaphysics/kabbalah

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo
reply to post by dontreally

Yeah and being "colored" Or like when people are born missing an arm...why can't they just grow it already?!? It's obvious that anyone who is born being anything other than what society considers "normal" should immediately overcome their differences and become us. You know, people who are perfect in God's eyes. One's who constantly make it a point that they AREN'T judging when, secretly, we know we are judging. If you aren't exactly as man is described in the bible then you need to fix yourself.

I think they are talking more like, if you are born with a feeling that makes you want to have sex with only children you can ..not do it...can change, or if you are born with a need to cut up little animals then you can not do it,..can change your born with it problem.
I am not saying Homosexuality is the same as these I am saying thats what they mean, also there are many different forms of homosexuality, they have shown that many little boys abused as children by men grow up to be homosexual also, so that seems to say something.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I tried to take this thread seriously - - as the OP did make the effort to present it intelligently.

However: "Same Crap - Different Day"

You are what you are born. Homosexuals are not broken.

They do not need to be fixed - because ignorant people choose a belief system - rather then facts.
edit on 10-6-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

So, liberalis, and liber, have no grammatical, philosophical connection?

And im ignorant in trying to make a connection between the worship of Liber - a symbol for what liberalism represents (hence him being a god of wine - inhibition) and the word liberal?

Mmkay.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
they have shown that many little boys abused as children by men grow up to be homosexual also, so that seems to say something.

SOURCE?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
I tried to take this thread seriously - - as the OP did make the effort to present it intelligently.

However: "Same Crap - Different Day"

You are what you are born. Homosexuals are not broken.

They do not need to be fixed - because ignorant people choose a belief system - rather then facts.
edit on 10-6-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

Watch it now. Everybody knows that facts have a gay agenda.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

How can you even take yourself serious when youre not even making an effort at a reasonable discussion?

Its ordinary - not odinary.

And read my above post. It doesnt take a genius - or even a philogist to figure out the conceptual connection between the word liberalis, and the god liber. They are rooted to the same word for a reason.

Do you know that languages work this way?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Funny how your type put the 'liberal' label on anything your group doesn't agree with.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I admit, ive gone its the lions den with this discussion. 96% of the posters here are die-hard liberals. Im merely stating what i believe is clearly the truth.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - - Liberal raises its ugly head again.

Liberal "The Catch All Bucket" - - for anything a conservative fundy doesn't agree with.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Sexual intercourse is meant for one thing : Reproduction.
Mankind has turned it into a pleasure laden experience.
Simply to please him/herself.
Take away the lust for pleasure and you have the difference between man and animal.
Its been around for millenia.
Homo- and Hetero- alike.

Why re-hash an old topic?

Is someone looking for an argument?

And why is this even important?
I am beyond apathetic when it comes to people being "gay".
They can live however they choose.
I could care less.

Want to know why?
Because its not my life!

And SaturnFX, why bother?
Everyone has the freedom to voice their opinion here.
Doesn't mean you have to agree!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join