It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The psychology of Homosexuality

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DeviantMoon

As a matter of fact, NBA players do use curse words. They swear all the time. If youre actually court-side - which i have been - you hear them say "phuk" "$hit" etc whenever they get a call they dont like.

Do they get $100,000 fines for these infractions? No. They get a technical foul.

My problem is not their use of the word "Gay" - which in anycase is hardly offensive - even to gay people(considering it merely means stupid, ackward or weird. Hence "Queer" has the same meaning. Disallowing the use of the word 'gay' is to say that one cant find that behavior, strange or weird. In other words, "**** your religious beliefs")...

Listen to the exaggeration in your post. Because im against the action - not the person - of homosexuality, im now the type that drives gay teens into killing themselves? Amazing. I actually thought it was those christian bigots that tells gays theyre going to go to hell. I have never said such a thing. But, apparently holding a moral opinion towards homosexual, anal sex, Bjs, etc, is not allowed. So now i have to adopt every liberal BS belief out there. If society tells me; i should do it. bortion? Whatever the progressive stance is; ill adopt. For social reasons, of course. I should forgo my own personal philosophy. I should give up everything i believe; even if i attempt to give this philosophy an ancient metaphysical back-drop, it is still nonsense; because the social norm, and "progressivism" of those who can care less about the significance and meaning of my morality(not even to acknowledge it, as you do) , deem my idea of morality, 'offensive' or primitive....

Do you even get the point of this thread? I may personally be against homosexuality - but my point is not that - but in SHOWING the completely bigotry towards those who dont share that moral perspective. To say i cant believe differently - for sound, albeit "metaphysical" (If you understand this idea; look at my above posts which seek to clarify my position. The bible is basically all about this; the dynamic interplay between Masculine and Feminine energies; and how they have to be reflected in human society for harmony to exist between the upper, masculine sphere, and the physical, feminine world) reasons, is to do to those who think differently what you think were doing to gays.

In anycase. I explained that being gay is not a permanent 'fixed' product of brain anatomy, but a temporary phenomenon. Can someone be born that way? Yes. Do they have a choice to change it? They do. To say they dont, is simply a lie and controverts everything known since ancient times about the nature of consciousness. And actually ignores certain "paranormal" facts like healing through intention, etc. If one can change his body - through simple intention, then you better believe that one can balance his/her sexual energies.

Ive said it once, and i will say it again. Youre all sufferring from a "I hate the bible syndrome", and so naturally show an aversion to the traditional, biblical system of morality.

It is a sickening, backwards, and a completely ignorant thing.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by xxsomexpersonxx

Why do i emphasize the importance of 2 PHYSICAL (and not as another poster said, in emphasizing the anima/animus, as if ones physical body were secondary..when in fact it is the primary factor) human beings, male and female coming together? Because this is the natural dynamic in creation. A man - whos a symbol for the masculine, active force, and a woman - the feminine and passive force, unifying creation in the physical - which in turn unfies all of creation. If the physical doesnt reflect the spiritual unity - then its not a true unity. If one is unified spiritually, between anima/animus, but not physical, between male and female...what kind of farce is that?

(late reply, I know, I was busy)

In our overpopulated world, why does there need to be additional emphasis on human procreation? It's been tossed around that in animal populations homosexuality becomes more prevalent as the species becomes overpopulated. This would imply that homosexuality is, in a natural sense, a form of population control. "Survival of species", may instinctively include not reproducing to prevent going over the habitats carrying capacity.

It's been shown that there's a usual correlation between sexual orientation and how the brain develops. Why then, do you claim that being physically one gender means you're physically suppose to be attracted to the opposite? Also, one's psyche is strongly influence by their physical state. If one mentally feels attracted to the same gender, where would you assume their physical body disagrees? True lack of unity between you're psyche(or spirit, as you would put it), comes from denying what's true to you instinctively.

I get these "panic attacks", my pulse quickens, I shake a lot, hyperventilate, whatever. I know how to handle it mentally, keep calm, and it reduces it to an annoyance. If my body say's freak out, should I do so mentally to go with it? Is that better for me?
edit on 10-6-2011 by xxsomexpersonxx because: typo

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

I'm not trying to put you or your beliefs down but don't you think that your religious motivations for putting homosexuality in a negative light affect your relationship with your cousin? Your religious reasons are strengthening the moral sociology behind the entire psychosis. That is even if it is a psychosis as you're suggesting. If you and him are close as you suggest then he knows about your disapproval for homosexuality which by disapproving only reinforces to his psyche that something is wrong with him which will undoubtedly give him issues with relationships regardless of whether they are men or women.

I believe that the environment and genetics have more to do with ones sexual preference than BELIEF. That's like saying that because of faith God exists but Aliens can't exist through faith and anything can be achieved through belief.

Would you jump off a building if I told you I believe that humans can fly if they only believed that they could?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

reply to post by DeviantMoon

As a matter of fact, NBA players do use curse words. They swear all the time. If youre actually court-side - which i have been - you hear them say "phuk" "$hit" etc whenever they get a call they dont like.

Do they get $100,000 fines for these infractions? No. They get a technical foul.

My problem is not their use of the word "Gay" - which in anycase is hardly offensive - even to gay people(considering it merely means stupid, ackward or weird. Hence "Queer" has the same meaning. Disallowing the use of the word 'gay' is to say that one cant find that behavior, strange or weird. In other words, "**** your religious beliefs")...

Listen to the exaggeration in your post. Because im against the action - not the person - of homosexuality, im now the type that drives gay teens into killing themselves? Amazing. I actually thought it was those christian bigots that tells gays theyre going to go to hell. I have never said such a thing. But, apparently holding a moral opinion towards homosexual, anal sex, Bjs, etc, is not allowed. So now i have to adopt every liberal BS belief out there. If society tells me; i should do it. bortion? Whatever the progressive stance is; ill adopt. For social reasons, of course. I should forgo my own personal philosophy. I should give up everything i believe; even if i attempt to give this philosophy an ancient metaphysical back-drop, it is still nonsense; because the social norm, and "progressivism" of those who can care less about the significance and meaning of my morality(not even to acknowledge it, as you do) , deem my idea of morality, 'offensive' or primitive....

Do you even get the point of this thread? I may personally be against homosexuality - but my point is not that - but in SHOWING the completely bigotry towards those who dont share that moral perspective. To say i cant believe differently - for sound, albeit "metaphysical" (If you understand this idea; look at my above posts which seek to clarify my position. The bible is basically all about this; the dynamic interplay between Masculine and Feminine energies; and how they have to be reflected in human society for harmony to exist between the upper, masculine sphere, and the physical, feminine world) reasons, is to do to those who think differently what you think were doing to gays.

In anycase. I explained that being gay is not a permanent 'fixed' product of brain anatomy, but a temporary phenomenon. Can someone be born that way? Yes. Do they have a choice to change it? They do. To say they dont, is simply a lie and controverts everything known since ancient times about the nature of consciousness. And actually ignores certain "paranormal" facts like healing through intention, etc. If one can change his body - through simple intention, then you better believe that one can balance his/her sexual energies.

Ive said it once, and i will say it again. Youre all sufferring from a "I hate the bible syndrome", and so naturally show an aversion to the traditional, biblical system of morality.

1. Your example in stating that basketballers use this type of language is invalid. Saying the 'f' word, of the 's' word are different than direct attacks towards someone's identity (as in screaming the 'n' word, of formulating slurs towards homosexuals.)

2. I'm not exaggerating, I'm being far to lenient, actually.

3. You don't know every reason why homosexuals kill themselves, so saying that 'Christians who say they're going to hell' is the only cause is plainly stupid, and you have no facts to support that that is the only reason homosexuals kill themselves.

4. No one is asking you to drop your beliefs, if someone disagreeing with you makes you that insecure to the point in which you put words in my mouth, then you need to go elsewhere, as this obviously isn't the place for you.

5. Show me scriptures and verses from the Bible that prove your belief of, "the dynamic interplay between Masculine and Feminine energies; and how they have to be reflected in human society for harmony to exist between the upper, masculine sphere, and the physical, feminine world)"

6. I'm actually a Christian, once again, you sure do have a habit of jumping to assumptions when you know nothing about a person. Such a shame.

7. Bigotry (which you show on a moderate scale) is sickening, backwards, and a completely ignorant.

I rest my case. Have fun with that.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Can someone be born that way? Yes. Do they have a choice to change it? They do. To say they dont, is simply a lie and controverts everything known since ancient times about the nature of consciousness.

You can talk about the nature of consciousness all day, but the truth is that there have been gay people ever since there have been people. It's part of the nature of the human race. It's natural as it is evident in the animal kingdom. And we are animals. Whether you believe that or not. We aren't machines or robots or rocks. We're animals on this Earth.

If one can change his body - through simple intention, then you better believe that one can balance his/her sexual energies.

But where is the proof that anyone's sexual energy is imbalanced? I believe in the body's ability to heal itself. But gay people aren't sick. They don't need healing. It's possible that some would want to "go straight", but why would they? I just see no reason for it. I was born with brown hair. I can dye my hair, but if I like it brown, why should I change it?

The bible has NOTHING whatsoever to do with my opinion on this. My motivation is equality. And people like you thinking gay is some sort of disease, hampers progress toward that end.

I see you're very passionate about this subject but so are some others. That's no reason to fly off the handle and start lashing out. People are going to disagree with you. It doesn't mean they hate anything or are backward or ignorant. It just means we have a different opinion.

edit on 6/10/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This is a bigger hotbutton issue then even Israel/zionism.

Damn.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Anyways. I have no problem with my cousin. I love him and will love him regardless of his decision towards his homosexual impulses. That being said, i do not - for religious reasons - approve of his homosexuality. I dont think its right that hes in a relationship with a man, and i especially disapprove of anal sex/oral sex etc.

“for religious reasons”? You just demonstrated you ignorance not only about homosexuals but also your religion as well. I understand this is your opinion, however who gives you the right to judge another man and to whom he can love sexually? Perhaps he doesn’t approve of many things you do, did you never think about that? What a man does in his bedroom to his partner is really none of your business and should never have any effect on you or anyone else.

Homosexuality has been around since the dawn of man, it is natural for many be born homosexual this is not a choice, and it is no different than being born straight.

How many homosexuals does G-d need to create to prove to you that it is a natural thing?

Remember religion was written by man, by many different authors and is mostly opinionated from the authors views at the given time period.

edit on 10-6-2011 by impressme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeviantMoon

reply to post by Thoriumisbest

Well, im not wrong.

I dont mean to offend anyone. But the fact is: Desires CAN be changed. This is a basic fact, known since time immemorial, but due to propaganda/social factors, can be difficult to understand.

You being a gay man (i assume) i can understand your reservation. Youve probably already come to terms with this. But, as i said in the beginning: mystics, philosophers and metaphysicians know full well the truth of what i say.

If you want to justify homosexuality, it cannot by definition be justified as a "law" of ones physical constitution, but as a moral preference. It is a moral decision at the end of the day.

And this is why i dont bring it up to my cousin. He can do what he wants - his moral life is in his hands. All that i have ever explained to him is this. That the mind is plastic; that desire, feelings, etc, can be changed. Thats all ive said. I havent preached to him about doing what G-d wants you to do, or what is in tune with the dynamics of creation (he wouldnt appreciate such an argument anyways). So, i just let him know how things are. Whether he agrees/disagree is irrelevant. Its as clear as day to anyone with self knowledge.
Im sorry. But that is the simple truth.

Desires can be changed? This is borderline repulsive. If you're straight, please, by all means, go ahead and try and turn gay. Come back and tell us how that works out for you. Your logic is deeply flawed.

P.S. I mean this with all due respect, so please forgive me if this offends you:
But you legitimately shouldn't be talking for 'philosophers, metaphysicians, and mystics.' Sure, I'm sure some do indeed believe desire can be changed, but to label that as a whole, that's just ignorant. There are plenty of philosophers and mystics who would disagree with you.
edit on 10-6-2011 by DeviantMoon because: (no reason given)

Thank You, DeviantMoon. I had nearly the same response coming to mind but I read yours and it summed it up rather nicely.

Be Well

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You can talk about the nature of consciousness all day, but the truth is that there have been gay people ever since there have been people.

Because there have always been pagan socieites. All socieites up until the creation of the kingdom of Israel were knee-deep in idolatrous activity. They had no formal, interested system of ethics. The code of morals that they did have were for governmental/social purposes. It was in the states interest for people to act a certain way; hence, not until the Hebrews was homosexuality looked at as something evil/wrong/against the dynamic in nature/unbefitting for human beings.

It's part of the nature of the human race. It's natural as it is evident in the animal kingdom. And we are animals. Whether you believe that or not. We aren't machines or robots or rocks. We're animals on this Earth.

Yes, our bodies are animals. Youre correct. Our Neshama - our ability to reason, is not. It is entirely divine.

But where is the proof that anyone's sexual energy is imbalanced? I believe in the body's ability to heal itself. But gay people aren't sick. They don't need healing. It's possible that some would want to "go straight", but why would they? I just see no reason for it. I was born with brown hair. I can dye my hair, but if I like it brown, why should I change it?

You have a different philosophy. Why? Your worldview isnt centered on purpose or meaning. Judgemental to you = evil. Any obligation, or responsibility on the part of man to a creator seems like a fairytale.

Do you know the metaphysical interpretation of the book we call the bible? Do you know that such an interpretation has been apart of Judaism for 3500 years?

Anyways. Asking this question veers this thread into philosophy. My point was what i made. It can be changed: meaning, it is a moral question, which in turn is conditioned by ones personal philosophy.

The bible has NOTHING whatsoever to do with my opinion on this. My motivation is equality. And people like you thinking gay is some sort of disease, hampers progress toward that end.

I think ALL people suffer from some form of disease; being gay is no different from being arrogant, selfish, gluttonous etc. They are all spiritual diseases which need to be worked on. In that light - we are all equal. Gay, not gay. We all have something to work on, to grow, and become more then what we were. It becomes a problem when people start saying "everything is fine..gay against nature?..no it isnt. You say there is a dynamic in nature of masculine/feminine? I dont see it. It doesnt exist. Dont be judgemental". I almost think 'judgemental" means, dont make distinctions. Like one person earlier on in this thread said "down syndrome is the same as homosexuality".. Is there not a distinction needed here? Aside from being able to point out a person with down syndrome - their blatantly malformed body, organs, etc. There is absolutely no similarity AT ALL between a homosexual and a person with down syndrome on any level at all. THAT is an insult to a homosexual. One has total physical/mental degeneration. The other simply has a sexual attraction to the opposite sex.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
remember ppl the bible came about after what they call the dark days of mankind its been apart of every society in the animal world its about dominance in our world its about who you fancy whether it be p U ssy or a hard C oCk lol homosexuality has no place in an ignorant narrow minded world (which we normal folk call religion)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Im a Bible believer, and you know that. The Torah explicitly says "a male shall not lay with another male". Metaphysically this makes total sense.

Here's a few more verses you might be interested in:

"Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee." (Genesis 3:16)

"The nakedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's nakedness." (Leviticus 18:8)

"Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love." (Proverbs 5:19)

"4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.

5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

8 For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.

9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. " (1 Corinthians 11:4-9)

"But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence." (1 Timothy 2:12)

According to your fundamentalist beliefs, women are second class citizens. So, why are you here picking on homosexuals, when you could be hating women?

Your holy book is one of hundreds that claims it's the only one that counts. It's a shame; you're missing out on a lot of good reads!

See, I don't have a problem with and really don't care what you believe. I just think it's sad that you have narrowed your beliefs into the purview of a literal interpretation of the Bible.
edit on 10-6-2011 by Nurv47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I think ALL people suffer from some form of disease; being gay is no different from being arrogant, selfish, gluttonous etc. They are all spiritual diseases which need to be worked on. In that light - we are all equal. Gay, not gay.

No you are sadly wrong being born gay is not a disease and homosexuality was taken out of the book of psychiatry in the early 1970s and was finally accepted as not being a mental disorder. If your hinting that homosexuality is an illness, or a disease then one can considered being born straight is a disease as well? Are you convinced that homosexuals cannot have children? Sorry to tell you there have been millions of gay parents who have had children and most of their children were born straight. Interesting that your religion left that one out isn’t it.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

They had no formal, interested system of ethics. The code of morals that they did have were for governmental/social purposes.

Your association of morals and religion is a big mistake and quite off base. Morality does not come from religion and non-religious people have morals.

Our Neshama - our ability to reason, is not. It is entirely divine.

If you mean it comes from God, I disagree.

You have a different philosophy. Why? Your worldview isnt centered on purpose or meaning. Judgemental to you = evil. Any obligation, or responsibility on the part of man to a creator seems like a fairytale.

You have already proven that you know absolutely nothing about me, yet you continue to make up stories about who I am and why I hold the positions I do. You are incorrect, sir, and you embarrass yourself with these wild speculations. If you cannot argue with my points, you assume my opinion is owed to my faulty personal belief system. Again, there's nothing wrong with me. You're assuming that people who are not like you or don't share your views are faulty somehow. Get over it. People are different, not good and bad.

Do you know the metaphysical interpretation of the book we call the bible? Do you know that such an interpretation has been apart of Judaism for 3500 years?

If that is true, it is irrelevant to me. I don't care what the bible says. It's not part of my life. I simply don't care to have religion in my life. And your question is totally irrelevant.

Anyways. Asking this question veers this thread into philosophy. My point was what i made. It can be changed: meaning, it is a moral question, which in turn is conditioned by ones personal philosophy.

Oh! Now I see where you're going. Homosexuality is Immoral. You should have just titled the thread that and stuck it in Social Issues.

It becomes a problem when people start saying "everything is fine..gay against nature?..no it isnt. You say there is a dynamic in nature of masculine/feminine? I dont see it. It doesnt exist. Dont be judgemental".

I didn't say anything about the dynamic in nature of masculine/feminine. I totally believe that. You know nothing about me, yet continue to spout ignorance about me. Again, you are wrong. You don't know me.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Hey dude,

I do somewhat agree with you, I dont think anyone would willingly choose homosexuality and I think people can be programmed to like/dislike anything.

However I do disagree with your biblical moralising. Is it good morals to give your daughters to a group of men to rape repeadetly overnight so they dont rape your male guest?
Is it good morals to kill half your racial group because they worshipped an idol.
I could go on but a very scared part of me is fairly certain your gonna say yes its fine if done in gods name.

being as familiar as you are with scripture how can you say the bible has good morals

For every good moral you point out in any religious book Ill show you a contradiction in that same book by one of the main protagonists.

I personally dont think god would challenge people this way (well maybe the Old Testament god who lets be honest was a bit of a prick) can you point out to me where in scripture it says god does challenge people in such a way?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
You know, many of us are saying things like "you can't control it" or "you can control it" and thus "if you can control it, you should control it" and all that nonsense. Guess what? Why should they change it? How would anyone feel if some authority began telling you 'you may not fantasize about woman', 'you may not seek any sexual advances toward woman'? You would be like "to hell with you, I like women and you can't do anything to stop me". So, why would you ask someone else to do the same?

Son of Oda

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
TO the OP,

I tried very hard to not be offended by your point of view. And it worked mostly.I respect your "desire"(what a joke) to be a "breeder" just as I am sure(but really dont care) that you respect my choice to be "gay/fag/queer/homo...etc"(these words dnt bother me,they are the norm here unfortunately..my appologies to those it does). Now that I have that annoyance out let me give you something to chew on a bit; BEING GAY IS NOT ABOUT HOW OR WHO YOU HAVE SEX WITH!ITS NOT ALL ABOUT SEX! On a second note you say we are not animals due to our ability to reason,that is amuseing,look around you. We are homo-sapiens in the animal kindgom but still a species of animals my friend.But I am lingering here..back on track. If a gay person has the ability to change then they were not actually gay or they are a very un-happy closet gay. What you consider natural would be unnatural to me so I still wouldnt be normal by any view because i would be forceing an unnatural change.It has been a pretty long day so I am not on par to my usual posting standard...that will be corrected latter I am sure.Please look to other more important aspects of the human pyche that actually need correcting before adding to those very problems. Thank you for the time you put in your thread. Be blessed.
Edit:By the way,I am happier now and my life has become much more meaningful now that I have accepted being gay and stopped takeing the advise of people who are simply trying to control more than help.
edit on 06/08/2011 by Cyberboiraves because: needed to make a point.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I dont mean to offend anyone. But the fact is: Desires CAN be changed. This is a basic fact, known since time immemorial, but due to propaganda/social factors, can be difficult to understand.
Yes, I would agree with you actually. Desires can be changed. But you obviously seek to forcefully change desires with no regard for what the person actually wants. In your delusional little head, you think everything needs to be molded into this model citizen based on gods law. You constantly judge everyone, is that in line with gods law? Difficult to understand because of propaganda you say? Propaganda is a very real example of manipulating and changing the mentality and desires of people, you should research that sort of control freak brain washing mate, it works well!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Hopefully this is not too far off topic but I feel this needs to be said here due to the nature of this thread:
We all know that ATS has its younger patrions,and to these and even those older please listen when I say:THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOU! DONT LISTEN TO PEOPLE WHO TELL YOU THERE IS! LIFE IS HARD,DAMN HELLA HARD!,BUT IT CAN AND WILL GET BETTER! HOLD YOUR HEAD UP AND LIVE TO BE THE ONE TO MAKE THAT CHANGE!NEVER GIVE UP! Peace and Love to all
edit on 06/08/2011 by Cyberboiraves because: grr slipper fingers..did i mention long day

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This is my last reply to this thread... maybe.....

Your views are the same views that have judged me for the 52+ years of my life. Nothing you have yet said is new. Fortunately, those who agree with you are fast becoming the minority, proven by the replies thus far. Life is so much better now, in this respect, than in the 70's when I "came out". Besides, if we weren't around who would you get to do your hair, decorate your house, and keep you fashionable? hmmm?

As to The Bible, there are only 2 references to homosexuality. Moses and Paul. To go through all the rules of Moses and attempt to institute them today is impractical, if not impossible. I have no way to get enough sheep to give to my neighbors and to sacrifice for my sins. It wasn't important enough to add another commandment, so it must not be that big a deal, or it was conveniently slipped in. Paul I discount because he calls it an "abomination" then contradicts himself by going off on this diatribe about the importance of being non-judgmental. Then, not once, but twice, goes into excruciating detail about circumcision. Penile fixation? And Jesus sees fit to not mention it at all.

And likening me to someone with Downs Syndrome, I take no offense to what so ever. We are both in a society that test us daily for the simple reason of not fitting into some arbitrary norm. I have extreme respect, understanding, and love for anyone who is born "less than ideal", and I will joyfully accept and love anyone who simply responds in like kind.

Edit: To Cyberboiraves: I was thinking of adding something along those lines. Thanks for beating me to it.

edit on 6/10/2011 by Lakotas because: Addition

edit on 6/10/2011 by Lakotas because: Spelling.. duh

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurv47

According to your fundamentalist beliefs, women are second class citizens. So, why are you here picking on homosexuals, when you could be hating women? Your holy book is one of hundreds that claims it's the only one that counts. It's a shame; you're missing out on a lot of good reads! See, I don't have a problem with and really don't care what you believe. I just think it's sad that you have narrowed your beliefs into the purview of a literal interpretation of the Bible

HUH? Im not a christian. Have you even be reading my posts? What do you think is meant by "metaphysical"? The bible is allegory. It is a Metaphysical philosophy cloaked in symbolic narratives.

And secondly, any person remotely understanding of Judaism understands how incredibly honored woman are by men. This isnt Islam. A woman can go about without a head scarf, she can have a job like a man. Shes just also expected to take care of her children, as all woman should do (or is that also an outdated idea? The fact that a mother should nurture her children? apparently citing nature is only valid when justifying homosexuality. But if analyzing how a goose tends to her nestlings, or an eagle places her little baby eagles on her wings when she flies etc...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join