It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The psychology of Homosexuality

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Ive been seeing alot of promos on CNN for their new documentary "the sissy boy experiment" and the impression ive gotten from these interviews is that it is utterly impossible, and thus immoral, to seek to theraparize and correct ones natural sexual inclinations. .

I have a cousin - who i grew up with and has been like another brother to me - who is gay. He hasnt come out yet to anyone outside his immediate family, but he knows i know and ive made allusions to it before in conversations..Plus he has a boyfriend who he is always with so you would have to be borderline retarded to not realize the nature of their relationship.

Anyways. I have no problem with my cousin. I love him and will love him regardless of his decision towards his homosexual impulses. That being said, i do not - for religious reasons - approve of his homosexuality. I dont think its right that hes in a relationship with a man, and i especially disapprove of anal sex/oral sex etc.

I'll get to my reasoning for this later, but for now, i will endeavor to explain something completely known and understood to mystics/philosophers and those acquainted with the subject of metaphysics, which is: Feelings are not permanant - and this includes the lower, raw, foundation feeling of ones sexual predilection.

In Kabbalistic thought, the sephira (archetype) representing the sexual drive is Yesod - which literally means "foundation". In other words, all emotional energy is centered in ones sexuality or "libido" (an appropriate idea).

Now, im in no way saying that everyone who attempts to correct or align their consciousness - which is dominantly feminine(in the case of a male)- with their physical body - which is masculine - will always suceed. Their might be cases where it might not ever happen. But nonetheless, fundamentally speaking, one CAN change his desires - for anything, it just takes an understanding of the nature of the psyche.

From what i have learned about myself, if one wants to overcome something deemed 'negative', he/she has to first accept it. He has to accept that if it manifests, or comes, he must not be afraid of it. Thus, acceptance is how one overcomes the original fear. If one fears that which he doesnt want, he will only draw it toward him. This is a fundamental fact of psychology. With this explained, for one to overcome his sexual impulses, he has to first accept that this is how he currently feels. If the feelings manifest, he must accept that they exist - not permanantly - but at that particular moment in time.

Whats also needed is a bit of imagination. You have to desire the opposite - and the most important thing in stressing this point is: DO NOT FEAR OR ASSUME YOU ARE UNABLE TO BE ATTRACTED TO THE OTHER SEX. Homosexuals have from the earliest age, or time when theyve discovered that their sexual impulses were wrong, or unnatural, that they are unable to feel an attraction to the other sex. In other words, there is a deep emotional complex attached to their sexual feelings. The inability to arouse the desire to them is a depressing and painful feeling; and because this is so, it prevents them from ever cultivating such feelings. How then do you overcome this conundrum? In my experience, to accept that you might not always succeed. And - that you HAVE THE ABILITY - FUNDAMENTALLY SPEAKING - to change your desires. Thus, the great cure lies in BELIEF - and only through belief can the seemingly impossible be achieved.

Freud said all men/women are bi-sexual. I think this statement is misleading - as if all people naturally feel an equal attraction to both sexes. I would change this and say: All people can potentially become sexually aroused by ANYTHING. Men, women or animals and all fetishes in between. ALL Things any wild imagination can conjure up, can potentially serve as a point of attraction. The key is to become attuned to a particular spirit or energy or in jungian terms, 'archetype' which lies beyond the subjects current frame of awarness. This is where imagination and visualization comes into play.

Now, with all this explained. Why then is it so difficult for so many gays and lesbians to overcome their feelings? What is standing in their way - between how they feel, and how they want to feel?

Enter into the equation: the social consciousness. We are all conditioned by our environment whether we like it or not. How the 'environment' thinks, we will also think, or at the very least be influenced by its dynamics of thought. If my environment says homosexuality is natural, and that "fundamentally", ones sexual feelings are "hardwired" into their constitution, they will be confronted by an ENORMOUS energy and thus a belief that how they feel is natural - but at the same time, for religious reasons, or social reasons, or moral reasons, they cannot come to proper terms with it.

This society we live in has an agenda. And this agenda lies in Liberalism. The word Liberal (and i like to mention this) comes from the latin word "liber", who was the Roman Dionysus. Thus, the ideal of being 'liberal', and accepting of all things, is really a return to the worship of Liber/Dionysus/Bacchus. This is all it is, and that is precisely why philologists resurrected this word to signify the Hellenistic/pagan prerogative. Liber/Dionysus is beyond all bounds. Being the god of wine - he is inherently unstable, unbalanced, in a "stupor" so to speak. He can not appreciate "one thing from another" - as alcohol causes one to feel. The god of wine destroys all inhibition, and it is this inhibition which the social architects - pagans - seek to purge from society.

So why cant homosexuals overcome their feelings? Because the beliefs of others creates in them doubts. The 'god' society - a collective energy/psychological template', has become the major obstacle to their understanding that their feelings can be overcome. But because they are so encompassed by doubters - and Gay pride movements, and others who think the complete opposite, they cannot help but ponder that how they feel might be permanent. That what others say is true; it cannot be changed.

This is why in the CNN promo which seeks to TERRIFY gays and us - non gays - into accepting the reality the conditioners want us to accept - that homosexuality CANNOT be reversed. That to think otherwise is evil, and indeed, judging by the tone of this documentary, criminal, presents several examples of men who grew up gay, went through therapy to reverse their feelings, only to kill themselves in the end. This is a form of moral terrorism.

Im not going to judge or moralize to my cousin. I dont think he is philosophical, or reasonable enough to not be offended by my opinions, and because i love him, and respect him, i dont want to cause him confusion, anxiety or jeapordize our relationship. I believe G-d puts us in our situations for a reason. If youre born gay - its not to remain gay - but to overcome the challenge. If due to his current circumstances i feel hes not in a position to respond ammenably to my help, then i have no choice but to tolerate this.
edit on 10-6-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Homosexuality was a part of male-dominance in the early history of mankinds evolution.
edit on 10-6-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
Homosexuality was a part of male-dominance in the early history of mankinds evolution.

And this my friend is what is called, 'the push"

+31 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

If youre born gay - its not to remain gay - but to overcome the challenge. If due to his current circumstances i feel hes not in a position to respond ammenably to my help, then i have no choice but to tolerate this.

Yeah and what's up with all these people being born with down syndrome and not being able to overcome THAT challenge? Geez people, lets get it together.
Oh and black people. THEY MAKE SKIN WHITENERS. Dont be afraid to be white!!!

It's funny that what you have to offer him you actually consider "help" With friends like you, who needs enemies.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

So you think down-syndrome and homosexuality are equal !?!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by armtx

It is ancient stuff though, not many people have the evolutionary/ancestral memory to remember "those days", essentially, it was how men would sort out thier differences.

They would also introduce each other to thier sisters/daughters once they were able to trust one another, or once they proved themselves after a confrontation.
edit on 10-6-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Yeah and being "colored" Or like when people are born missing an arm...why can't they just grow it already?!? It's obvious that anyone who is born being anything other than what society considers "normal" should immediately overcome their differences and become us. You know, people who are perfect in God's eyes. One's who constantly make it a point that they AREN'T judging when, secretly, we know we are judging. If you aren't exactly as man is described in the bible then you need to fix yourself.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
You are wrong. Plain and simple. Everything you say is wrong. I'm unwilling to discuss my own situation and the mistakes I made when I thought sexuality was mutable. I have experienced everything you speak of and although I can only speak for myself I know you are wrong. You sound like a reasonable person so why can't you just accept that we are not all the same? Every aspect of our "self" is somewhere on a spectrum, Certain aspects may shift over time but seldom if ever because we want them to.

Being gay is not a crime, nor a curse. Also did you know that 95% of heterosexual couples indulge in anal sex, at least that is the UK figure.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Preparing for "ur a bigot11!!1one!" in 3... 2... 1...

I too believe environment plays a big role in what you find sexually appealing.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
To balance ourselves, to bring harmony to our Anima and animus is to love all equally.
the body is just the shell that carrys the soul.
sex between bodies is what you talk about here, but what about the meeting of minds or spirit in total surrender ?
is that not the same ?

Intercourse 1

Definition: A commingling; intimate connection or dealings between persons or nations, as in common affairs and civilities, in correspondence or trade; communication; commerce; especially, interchange of thought and feeling; association; communion.

we are like god, a trinty, mind soul body.. so to have intercourse on any level with another is intimate
so if i pour my heart out to a same sex friend have i become homosexual?
if i do it to both men and women am i not bisexual..?

edit on 10-6-2011 by sprocket2cog because: typos and spelling.. the matrix made me do it..

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
In my old business I employed many gay people.

I have asked gay people every question in the book.

They are born that way.

Nobody would "Choose" that life of ridicule and preconceived notions.

I really hoped we had gotten beyond all that "Let's Cure Them" Bovine Excrement.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Look, if you're so worried about your cousin, I found a pretty simple way for you to cure him. All you need is a chicken, a torch, some water and a cow. And actually, it doesn't even have to be a cow, any animal will work.

gawker.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

This society we live in has an agenda. And this agenda lies in Liberalism. The word Liberal (and i like to mention this) comes from the latin word "liber", who was the Roman Dionysus. Thus, the ideal of being 'liberal', and accepting of all things, is really a return to the worship of Liber/Dionysus/Bacchus. This is all it is, and that is precisely why philologists resurrected this word to signify the Hellenistic/pagan prerogative. Liber/Dionysus is beyond all bounds. Being the god of wine - he is inherently unstable, unbalanced, in a "stupor" so to speak. He can not appreciate "one thing from another" - as alcohol causes one to feel. The god of wine destroys all inhibition, and it is this inhibition which the social architects - pagans - seek to purge from society.

Just felt the sudden urge to toss in a bit of fact into this nonsense

liberal (adj.) late 14c., from O.Fr. liberal "befitting free men, noble, generous," from L. liberalis "noble, generous," lit. "pertaining to a free man," from liber "free," from PIE base *leudheros (cf. Gk. eleutheros "free"), probably originally "belonging to the people" (though the precise semantic development is obscure), from *leudho- "people" (cf. O.C.S. ljudu, Lith. liaudis, O.E. leod, Ger. Leute "nation, people"). Earliest reference in English is to the liberal arts. Sense of "free in bestowing" is from late 14c. With a meaning "free from restraint in speech or action" (late 15c.) liberal was used 16c.-17c. as a term of reproach. It revived in a positive sense in the Enlightenment, with a meaning "free from prejudice, tolerant," which emerged 1776-88. Purely in reference to political opinion, "tending in favor of freedom and democracy" it dates from c.1801, from Fr. libéral, originally applied in English by its opponents (often in French form and with suggestions of foreign lawlessness) to the party favorable to individual political freedoms. But also (especially in U.S. politics) tending to mean "favorable to government action to effect social change," which seems at times to draw more from the religious sense of "free from prejudice in favor of traditional opinions and established institutions" (and thus open to new ideas and plans of reform), which dates from 1823.

Source

So...ops...you can be talked into being gay? guess what.......

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
In my old business I employed many gay people.

I have asked gay people every question in the book.

They are born that way.

Nobody would "Choose" that life of ridicule and preconceived notions.

I really hoped we had gotten beyond all that "Let's Cure Them" Bovine Excrement.

I think we should cure "the gay"...but first, I think we should cure people from religious distortions.

liberals are actually pagen worshippers. heh...ok. sure.
now, if you excuse me, I must go pray to my owl god...erm, I mean do some filing...just filing

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Thoriumisbest

Well, im not wrong.

I dont mean to offend anyone. But the fact is: Desires CAN be changed. This is a basic fact, known since time immemorial, but due to propaganda/social factors, can be difficult to understand.

You being a gay man (i assume) i can understand your reservation. Youve probably already come to terms with this. But, as i said in the beginning: mystics, philosophers and metaphysicians know full well the truth of what i say.

If you want to justify homosexuality, it cannot by definition be justified as a "law" of ones physical constitution, but as a moral preference. It is a moral decision at the end of the day.

And this is why i dont bring it up to my cousin. He can do what he wants - his moral life is in his hands. All that i have ever explained to him is this. That the mind is plastic; that desire, feelings, etc, can be changed. Thats all ive said. I havent preached to him about doing what G-d wants you to do, or what is in tune with the dynamics of creation (he wouldnt appreciate such an argument anyways). So, i just let him know how things are. Whether he agrees/disagree is irrelevant. Its as clear as day to anyone with self knowledge.
Im sorry. But that is the simple truth.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Incidently, since latin words that are similar to todays understanding of meaning.

I then put forward that "conservatives" are actually slavers

con-serv-ative

Con: multiple meanings, relevant meanings as followed
To swindle, to analyse, and to actively steer a vessle

now, here is where you find the rabbit hole:
Serv:
an adaptation from the latin "servus", which means slave

These words originates from the Latin word for servant or slave, servus. The phrase is an ellipsis of a Latin expression meaning, "I am your servant" or "at your service". Servus is the origin of the word serf.

therefore, conservatives = to direct and to lie for direction towards slavery.

mhmm...yep, so, pagan gods or chains...make your choice

Misinformation and distortion based on loosely stringing words together is fun...great job CON servus-ative
edit on 10-6-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Thoriumisbest

Well, im not wrong.

I dont mean to offend anyone. But the fact is: Desires CAN be changed. This is a basic fact, known since time immemorial, but due to propaganda/social factors, can be difficult to understand.

You being a gay man (i assume) i can understand your reservation. Youve probably already come to terms with this. But, as i said in the beginning: mystics, philosophers and metaphysicians know full well the truth of what i say.

If you want to justify homosexuality, it cannot by definition be justified as a "law" of ones physical constitution, but as a moral preference. It is a moral decision at the end of the day.

And this is why i dont bring it up to my cousin. He can do what he wants - his moral life is in his hands. All that i have ever explained to him is this. That the mind is plastic; that desire, feelings, etc, can be changed. Thats all ive said. I havent preached to him about doing what G-d wants you to do, or what is in tune with the dynamics of creation (he wouldnt appreciate such an argument anyways). So, i just let him know how things are. Whether he agrees/disagree is irrelevant. Its as clear as day to anyone with self knowledge.
Im sorry. But that is the simple truth.

Desires can be changed? This is borderline repulsive. If you're straight, please, by all means, go ahead and try and turn gay. Come back and tell us how that works out for you. Your logic is deeply flawed.

P.S. I mean this with all due respect, so please forgive me if this offends you:
But you legitimately shouldn't be talking for 'philosophers, metaphysicians, and mystics.' Sure, I'm sure some do indeed believe desire can be changed, but to label that as a whole, that's just ignorant. There are plenty of philosophers and mystics who would disagree with you.
edit on 10-6-2011 by DeviantMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Why don't you just mind your own business? Why do you care what people do in the bedroom?

Everyone has the right to freedom of expression, as long as no one is hurt against their will, and two consenting adults may do whatever they want with each other. That's the simple truth.

Until homosexuals physically force you to watch their gay sex against your will, you're not involved.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I personally believe, that a strong majority of people could be 'bisexual' but only acknowledging one side of it. But I also believe that it's too strongly engraved into some people to be able to change it. Also, many are just predominately one side and the other side is too weak to actually focus on.

There are many cases where homosexuals attempted to just 'be straight', and just couldn't be happy in a heterosexual relationship. Also a lot of cases for people assuming their straight because it's the social norm, and realizing the reason they couldn't really fall in love was that they were looking at the wrong gender.

I don't see how anyone, who's ever truly been in love, can say those feelings can be immoral if directed at the wrong person. And the sexual side of it, I've never seen any convincing argument that some actions between two consenting people, who are fully capable of true consent, can be immoral either. So the only incentive people have to change is an old book, that is wholly irrelevant to those who don't believe in it.

Some gay's could change, but they have as much reason to change as a straight person would, not much.

Edit:
Also worth note are all the attempts in the past to convert gays, that didn't work. Only taught people to suppress themselves, which is unhappy and unhealthy, and again, for no good reason.
edit on 10-6-2011 by xxsomexpersonxx because: Added something.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join