It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defining Christianity

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SaberTruth

no christianity without life.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

well that's definetly true;

there'd be no Scientology either.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by Vicky32

Have to agree with you here. As an ex-Catholic, I never worshiped Mary. We were taught that she was a hell of an example of humanity, the greatest female in history, but not that she was to be worshiped, merely emulated.

Thank you Mims, for backing me up!
I very much appreciate it.
Vicky

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Thats all fine and good, please explain rosary beads then and the hail marys. There are so many exceptions to the rule that it makes the rules seem non-existent.

They might not call it worshipping, but it certainly seems that way when the bible explicitly states not to partake in such behaviour. Also, not to worship false idols...How many times I have seen the statue of Mary. I agree she was a beautiful woman, and her works should be celebrated, but not in the manner which we it seems the Catholic Church I went to did.

No, there isn't direct worshipping, but it is certainly there.

The mistake was made when they called him the Son of God. And called God and The creation the same thing. The mistakes have continued to be made until this day. And from this day forward.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Thats all fine and good, please explain rosary beads then and the hail marys. There are so many exceptions to the rule that it makes the rules seem non-existent.

They might not call it worshipping, but it certainly seems that way when the bible explicitly states not to partake in such behaviour. Also, not to worship false idols...How many times I have seen the statue of Mary. I agree she was a beautiful woman, and her works should be celebrated, but not in the manner which we it seems the Catholic Church I went to did.

No, there isn't direct worshipping, but it is certainly there.

The mistake was made when they called him the Son of God. And called God and The creation the same thing. The mistakes have continued to be made until this day. And from this day forward.

The fact is he is the Son of God! If you're a Christian, you accept that, otherwise you're not a Christian. As for the Rosary and Hail Marys you will have to ask someone else. (I grew up in an atheist home, and I am not a Catholic, but an Anglo-Catholic.) We don't have statues or use a Rosary.
However, I have been supported in my contention that Catholics don't worship Mary, by Madness, who as you may know is an atheist, he has no axe to grind, and no reason to support what I said if I am wrong!

Vicky

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

No, Sananda has said explicitly that he is the son of Joseph and the Angel Gabriel, a Celestial Son, Higher being, Alien if you must. Never the Son of God. It is only written in the Holy Books that he is such, and the Holy Books are lies, so says the texts I believe in. The Books of Henoch and Jezhira were the original books in the covers of the Holy Bibles, but were removed because they were thought to be 'too truthful'

Other things Esu Jesus/Jmmanuel/Sananda says:

Judas Iscarioth did not betray him but instead Juda Iharioth betrayed him.

Mohammad is a false prophet brought forth to bring pain and suffering amongst the Jewish and Muslim communities for the mocking and beating of Jesus before his crucifixion.

He spent 40 days and 39 nights with higher beings not of this world.

The Creation and God are separate entities, still part of the creation, but separate, like a different aspect. Until a church acknowledges this fact it is not representing the truth or his word.

Theres plenty more....of course this is subjective to the reader.

This is the text I have been reading I Am Sananda and is possibly the most compelling text written IMO.

I believe in this person, Jmmanuel, later called Jesus by someone else, now named Sananda, who has spoken to this scribe within these texts to clear up a few matters within current understandings. These were written in 1989. These state that Jesus will walk the Earth again in 2011 (Book 3, Space--Gate, Section called The Fatima prophecies). Pretty exciting stuff really.
edit on 21-6-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-6-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

The Creation and God are separate entities, still part of the creation, but separate, like a different aspect. Until a church acknowledges this fact it is not representing the truth or his word.
The universe is a black box and at the corner of this box is the place we call Heaven, in an area devoid of any physical substance and only the angels can live because they are spiritual beings.
At the very end of this corner, there is a curtain which is a strong spiritual shield.
One being, and one alone, could pass though that curtain and live.
Beyond it is a window that looks outside the universe
and what is outside, is God.
That being has become a physical person to come to us and tell
us about what he learned when he looked through that window.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Thankyou, if you want enlightenment from old teachings, a book called 'The sacred hill within' written by Little Crow who is a Lakota/Dakota Indian.

Many thanks.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

I support the idea of localized revelation, as opposed to centralized, institution religion, which is the anti-revelation.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join