It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Building On Dark Side Of Moon Discovered

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Yes i'll explain this a little better because you totally failed.
There is such thing as darkside of the Moon, this occurs during a full Moon.
The far side of the Moon is PERMANENTLY turned away from the Earth regardless of wether your in Australia or the U.S. The whole Moon is not, and never will be, visible from Earth.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Suv3yor

thanks a lot for that piece of info. An earlier post raised the question for me with regards to wether or not all side of the moon are visible or not.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Not sure if this has already been suggested, but I would assume that the white dots have deliberately been placed there to cover up details of structures/craft/life underneath them - hence the shadows differ from the dots themselves. I'm assuming the dots are the old adhesive kind. Also, the curved circular lines in the bottom photograph would appear to be drawn over other details in an attempt to hide those too...

Good find!!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
aside from photoshop, flim degradation etc etc etc lets examine the belief here...

Alien bases on the dark side of the moon where we can't see them? But we now have alien bases on Mars where we can see them?, When we go to Mercury we'll find them there, I'm sure peope will see them on Uranus, Jupiter and Saturn too. These little space bases are everywhere in our little part fo the world. And we thought we were first to the moon.

And nothing on earth! Oh, thatts right, thats where they take the abductees?

Sigh!!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
The first is probably the ugliest picture of the Moon I've ever seen.
How convenient it's the dark side.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by sir_slide

The white dots, which so many inexperienced people have called photo flaws, are real. My proof is the shadow. Look at the shadow covering them. Moon shadows would not affect photo flaws, however if they were structures on the moon, it would logical. To argue that photo flaws would disappear in the shadows is ridiculous so I will not acknowledge such foolishness.

Shadows can't point in two directions at once when there is a single source of light (sun). Look closely.

This IS a photo anomaly, nothing more imo.

Of course, there will be those who wish to analise it to death to try and make something more of it.

Have fun believers.

wrong... the shadows CAN point two different directions if there is a single source, if there are 3-D objects (such as moon bases or structures) reflecting or refracting the light from that single source in variable directions.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide

The white dots, which so many inexperienced people have called photo flaws, are real. My proof is the shadow. Look at the shadow covering them. Moon shadows would not affect photo flaws, however if they were structures on the moon, it would logical. To argue that photo flaws would disappear in the shadows is ridiculous so I will not acknowledge such foolishness.

What's foolish is being inexperienced in photo analysis, and acting like you're some sort of expert.

The person that wrote this external quote obviously doesn't have much photo analysis experience, or else he'd know that shadows can't be cast two opposite direction at the same time.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
What is with all the Photoshop painting over many parts of the photo about? This is the same thing I saw yesterday on some mars photos where buildings were apparent but the sloppy paintshopper didn't actually paint out all of them. From what I am seeing, both Mars and the moon are covered with structures. Mega cities in fact. Those structures on the moon look like hundreds of round modular buildings proliferating like bacteria going up one right after the other.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The white dots look like a part of the original photo. The painting over some of the dots was added later. The question is why was some of the dots painted over and others left as they were? It almost looks like a 4th grader was told to go paint over a bunch of white dots and missed half of them.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Inexperienced photo shoppers.

Those pictures prove nothing else.

And they definitely don't prove any "alien building" is on the moon.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suv3yor

The far side of the Moon is PERMANENTLY turned away from the Earth regardless of wether your in Australia or the U.S. The whole Moon is not, and never will be, visible from Earth.

There is actually ALWAYS a "dark side" of the moon, whether the Moon appears to be full or not. However, that dark side is constantly moving -- sometimes it points away from Earth (during a Full Moon), sometime it points towards Earth (During a New Moon), sometimes half of it points toward Earth (during a "Half Moon"), and everything in between.

Like you said, there is a far side and a near side, with the far side always facing away from Earth. I understand what you are trying to say about the "dark side", but the point is here is no real dark side that's always dark. During the Moon's 28-day revolution cycle, virtually every part of the Moon will get equal amounts of sunlight and darkness (I say 'virtually' because there are lowlands and craters at the poles that are in perpetual darkness, and some highlands at the poles that are in almost constant sunlight).

If you stayed in one spot virtually anywhere on the Moon, you would experience cycles of days and nights -- but each of those daytimes and nighttimes would last about 14 Earth-days.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by imasecretspy
Inexperienced photo shoppers.

Those pictures prove nothing else.

And they definitely don't prove any "alien building" is on the moon.

It's not photoshop. They are image anomalies.

Someone posted all of the original NASA images a few pages back, and the anomaly is there -- but obviously only in the image and not on the Moon itself.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by Suv3yor

There is actually ALWAYS a "dark side" of the moon, whether the Moon appears to be full or not. However, that dark side is constantly moving -- sometimes it points away from Earth (during a Full Moon), sometime it points towards Earth (During a New Moon), sometimes half of it points toward Earth (during a "Half Moon"), and everything in between.

Like you said, there is a far side and a near side, with the far side always facing away from Earth. I understand what you are trying to say about the "dark side", but the point is here is no real dark side that's always dark. During the Moon's 28-day revolution cycle, virtually every part of the Moon will get equal amounts of sunlight and darkness (I say 'virtually' because there are lowlands and craters at the poles that are in perpetual darkness, and some highlands at the poles that are in almost constant sunlight).

If you stayed in one spot virtually anywhere on the Moon, you would experience cycles of days and nights -- but each of those daytimes and nighttimes would last about 14 Earth-days.

You are correct, explained it a lot better than I could, well said!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
no one has seen this before?

A lot of the early pictures of the moon where taken on film, these dots and patterns are artefacts of the automated developing machinery on the spacecraft. the "shadows" are on two sides of the dots, this is where the developer has bleached the negative, and the black stain has spread along the grain of the film, check out google moon, there are hundreds of these patterns all over the lesser photographed sections of the moons surface.

Oh! and the fact there are no dots in the moons shadow is that developer would not have any effect, intentional or mechanical error, on an area of unexposed emulsion.

pretty cool science-fiction though

edit on 9-6-2011 by jam-eth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Haven't look through all the posts just the first few so to CORRECT your title the Moon DOESN'T have a dark side, it's the far side. Also the first picture in your post looks like the near side!

Why do you guys who are so DESPERATE for something to be on the Moon, Mars etc get taken in by BS like this, I mean I would love to see some real evidence of alien life but the amount of people on here that get taken in by such cr4p like this thats all over the net is so funny ,the ironic thing is a SKEPTIC is more likely to find real evidence than the believers because dont they get taken in by the BS out there so would be most likely spot real evidence!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Hoax! ---Not so fast. Imagine this scenario: Someone from NASA leaks a photo, or an official NASA photo is found by someone that happens to show a strange series of white spheres on the surface of the moon. The photograph is REAL and very controversial, as it depicts anomoalous "things" that look like they shouldn't be there. Since we all know that NASA is quite fond of deception and cover-up (why is another question), it is not much of a stretch that NASA and/or the CIA want to conduct DAMAGE CONTROL. What's one of the BEST ways to obscure a subject into ridicule? You flood the outlets with DISTORTED information. In this case, the gray paintbrush is such an OBVIOUS presence that even a dummy hoaxer would have reailzed that it looks completely ridiculous. OBVIOUS HOAX, right? That's the beauty of it. My opinion is that this photo is showing something on the moon, --I don't know what, but I think the white spheres are really there and were really photographed. They look authentic. The best way to debunk the photo as a hoax would have been for NASA and/or the CIA to do some OBVIOUS PHOTOSHOPPING in order to delegitimaze the ENTIRE IMAGE. They knew they couldn't retract the leak, so they released so many *OBVIOUSLY* Photoshopped images to flood the proverbial air waves. They did this so that anyone with half a brain would look at the photo and declare that it is/was a hoax. If I were to discredit a real leak, that's how I'd do it. And it would work, just as it has worked here.

Now, this was speculation. I do think the photo is real and that someone did some obvious Photoshopping to provide people who have an eye for this sort of thing an EASY TARGET. Essentially, this is a "straw manned" photo.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Haven't look through all the posts just the first few so to CORRECT your title the Moon DOESN'T have a dark side, it's the far side. Also the first picture in your post looks like the near side!

Why do you guys who are so DESPERATE for something to be on the Moon, Mars etc get taken in by BS like this, I mean I would love to see some real evidence of alien life but the amount of people on here that get taken in by such cr4p like this thats all over the net is so funny ,the ironic thing is a SKEPTIC is more likely to find real evidence than the believers because dont they get taken in by the BS out there so would be most likely spot real evidence!

Okay, since you're being particular, ----and this is nothing but smiling good natured ribbing--- the moon DOES have a DARK SIDE. But, the DARK SIDE is always the side away from the Sun, so it is ever-changing as the moon rotates. Yes, what people refer to as the "Dark" side is the "Far" side in relation to Earth. However, the "far" side of the moon is referred to as the "dark" side moreso because we cannot see it, not because it is literally dark. It's like the Dark Ages. We know that the sun came up and that the people of that era did not exist in perpetual darkness. We refer to the Dark Ages as "dark" because we have little to NO knowledge of that era. The same for the moon, for until we sent satellites to circumnavigate the moon, we knew NOTHING about it, thus it was the DARK side. But, back to the opening: the moon DOES also have a literal dark side, --it is simply the side that is not illuminated by the sun. I couldn't resist replying because you were being so particular about it... (insert good-natured handshake here)
edit on 9-6-2011 by GhostLancer because: Tycho --er, I meant TyPO, sorry.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer
...Now, this was speculation. I do think the photo is real and that someone did some obvious Photoshopping to provide people who have an eye for this sort of thing an EASY TARGET. Essentially, this is a "straw manned" photo.

Again -- it's NOT photoshop. These are image artifacts caused by the development of the film.

As other people have posted before, here is the link the the Lunar orbiter 5 Mission page. As you can see, many of the images have these same types of image artifact:

www.lpi.usra.edu...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Ya know, I don't know what these pictures show, but how do you make the leap from "white blobs" to "alien buildings"?? ???? ? ??? ?? HOW??

One could suggest that bacteria cultures growing in a petri dish are also "alien buildings" because they look exactly the same as these white blobs.

Could you all please come back to reality. I for one am tired of reading all these stupid science fiction fantasy posts that have been inundating this site lately. PROOF of this... EVIDENCE of that... Yet nothing of the sort.

And again, it's the FAR side of the moon, not the dark side... crack open a science texbook ever?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Very simple question - why are the shadows going both ways?

I think they may be flaws in the developing process and it was also created darkspots near the white dots which appear to shadows.... because real shadows only go one way when there is one source of light.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join