It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

second sun hungary (time lapse video)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057When you look in the mirror are the things above you reflected as below you or vice versa? Like do you see the bathroom light fixture where the floor should be? Our reflextions are reversed in that what is left is right and what is right is left but what is top is always top and what is bottom is always bottom.

Ummmmm... You are correct, but you are talking about a mirror that is vertical, whereas I'm talking about a mirror that is horizontal, like the body of water in the video. If you lay a mirror on the ground and look at it, it is the inversion of whatever it is reflecting, everything is upside down. So whatever is lowest will appear highest in the reflection. Not like this... (please excuse that this is not exact)

W
M

The points of the W are at the bottom of what's actually there, and at the top of the reflection. Make sense?

The point I am making is that the reflection is the same as what is in the sky, not the inversion of it. The "second sun" is near the base of the sun in the sky, but also in the reflection. It should be inverted, which would put it higher up (closer to the water/land line) in the reflection. This would suggest that it is a reflection from something vertical (like the lens) and not something horizontal.
edit on 6/7/2011 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The problem here is that so many have diluted the pool of videos with nonsense and digital manipulation nobody knows what to believe anymore. I watched a video here today (the one with the 2k Sony camera) and they tore the guy who posted it up so bad he abandoned his own thread. No offence but this video is the same thing but because the reflection is in the water it becomes credible? Can't something like that be added to the video?
I'm so confused right now if an alien knocked on my door I'd laugh and try to debunk it.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
This is one of the most sensitive topics out there,everyone wants to be a hero ,these videos and recent pictures may be real .Who knows ,no one here,disinformation everywhere some got bunker space.Even when you see it up close you will say this cant be happening ,oh reality the best drug.......

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

The water might appear flat, but there could be small waves. If the waves are moving roughly towards or away from the camera, you will see the light bleed towards the light source and camera, so it's not physically impossible.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Yay! Visual aids! I was pretty blown-away by this until I came across your post. Sometimes a verbal explanation of effects software, or camera/lens issues just doesn't cut it. Thanks so much for the pic example, it was the perfect way to clear this up for me!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Freezer

Not unless the wave faces are beyond vertical.

Correction, not unless the wave faces are normal to the camera. Still, it requires a very steep wave face to reflect light back to the camera.

edit on 6/8/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Why is it not lens flare (plus)?
www.xiberpix.net...

Do lens flares normally leave reflections in the water?

2nd

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Gerizo

Not unless the reflections are fake.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing i love this video ! I know nothing about this subject but this sure doesn't look fake to me i love the reflection off the water the whole video is weird i hope someone can shed some light on what it is..S&F

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gerizo

Originally posted by Phage
Why is it not lens flare (plus)?
www.xiberpix.net...

Do lens flares normally leave reflections in the water?

2nd

No, but you can have a lens flare that comes from the reflection of the sun, which is exactly what I think this is.

Castlemadeofsand hit the nail on the head, in my opinion. IF there was an object next to the sun being reflected, the reflection would be towards the TOP of the sun's reflection, NOT the bottom like it is in the video. Whatever it is is NOT in the sky, because its reflection wouldn't be where the video shows it.

The sun is causing a lens flare, causing the "object" next to the sun. Then, the sun's reflection in the water is causing another lens flare, which is what appears to be the "objects" reflection.

The fact the "object" appears in FRONT of the clouds proves it is not a celestial body out in space. Combine that with the reflection in the water NOT being correct, and you can pretty much take it as fact the object isn't there at all.

Castlemadofsand already did an excellent photoshop pic showing what the reflection SHOULD look like, but people still don't seem to get it. So here is a very basic MS paint picture to show how reflections work, the following is how the reflection SHOULD look, compare it to the reflection in the video, they are NOT the same, so the reflection is NOT of an object in the sky

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c8305f977a7e.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 8-6-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
The Sun is the object on the right. The large area of light is not the Sun, but the light from the Sun concentrated through the clouds.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Debunk THAT one! Amazing find Good job!

Hard to refute reflection on water. Bet someone says CGI...if they haven't already, haven't read all the posts

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

I think you're right.

I went to the link Dalke07 provided and the same 'object' appears in all of the recent time lapse videos I've downloaded so far.

camvid.idokep.hu...

The 2nd shows the flare best, you can see it in front of the hills on the horizon:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/97259654aa24.png[/atsimg]

I still don't quite get how the flare shows up as a reflection on the 5th though?

edit on 8/6/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Geez I'm glad you asked that question, it was a very bad example of bad graphics...but
what do I know?

will keep reading for his response....

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I can't get those videos to play.
Is "the one on the 5th" the one posted on youtube? It shows the reflection?

edit on 6/8/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yup it's there:

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Huh.
That doesn't rule out editing but it reduces the likelihood.

The "second sun" obviously is lens flare. Assuming it isn't edited I have no idea how that reflection can be there. The thought entered my mind that it could be a reflection off of a window behind the camera but the angles just don't work and if it doesn't show up in the other videos that rules it out too.

Gotta go back to edited.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It's faintly visible on the 6th too:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/783867592684.png[/atsimg]

If it's been edited, it's well done I must say, it can be hidden on youtube but the raw avi file is much more difficult.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
And very clear on the 30th.

Definitely lens flare though, because, again it drops in front of the hills:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a6027b413f8f.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Lens flares. Look at the location of the spots, in the sky and in the reflection they are both at the bottom right of the sun. At 0.38 into the video you see a lens flare appear further to the right.

st.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join