It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

second sun hungary (time lapse video)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Upon further examination, I'm not sure. At 35 seconds the spot appears in front of a cloud. Also, the reflection does not line up the way it should. The spot is near the bottom of the sun, so it should be near the top of the sun in the reflection, but it is near the bottom there as well.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Not just one Lens Flare but Two! The first is of the sun, the second is from the reflection on the water from the sun. The Time Lapse clearly shows the camera not moving so the movement is captured from light reflective sources only. The effect is due to the curve of the lens and the way CMOS chips work with light. Cool Video tho.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Brother Phage, this time I got to tell you I don't see how can you compare the video with those effects in the link you provided. That's totally different.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
It's a sun dog, just an unusual one. Why is everyone tripping out about it? Sun dogs are called "phantom suns" for a reason, folks.

There is clearly lots of moisture in the atmosphere, and the sun hides behind a cloud at the EXACT same time the spot disappears. No mystery if you observe carefully.

Besides, if it were a fake, then it's not a good one. The supposed second "sun" is clearly shining in front of a dark cloud near the end - the same cloud the real Sun actually gets completely hidden behind. So if it was fake, they failed. But it's not fake, it's a real sun dog.

edit on 7-6-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

link   
if the camera is not moved, surly the same effect would happen everyday, or if there was two suns that too would appear every day.

how long was the unedited time lapse, id like to see the reel for the whole week

link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by grindhouzer

Yeah.

Sure thats great ripple effect software, but this object is apparent even when the surface of the water is calm.

Im not too sold on this idea phage, usually I get a better explanation from you...

link   
reply to post by Phage

im not doubting you, i know your the man who usually debunks these things.. but how does that prove its fake?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Have none of you guys noticed that the second sun is in front of the clouds at the end?
It is editied or it is something in our atmosphere reflecting the sun

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Start it at 0:33 and keep repeating it........

I see the small sun directly to the right of it and it quickly goes down then descends with the sun.

The only thing that can do that is an object that would not be the same distance like the moon or something?

I'm no expert but start it at 0:33 and watch.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Even as a skeptic i find this one much more interesting than most others i have seen. There seems to be a reflection of the "second sun" in the water which suggest that it is not a lens flare at least, which is how most other videos have been explained.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Nice three refections,, it's real.

link   
chich234's you tube profile instantly shows you water reflection effects, im posting this up i havnt watched them all yet but it looks like this guy might run in video edit freak circles.....

The reflected second sun appears before you see it in the sky.... nicly done?

edit on 7-6-2011 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

Also if you close your eyes slightly to dim the image and watch from 30-42 seconds in, everytime a cloud interfears with the 'main' sun a similer thing happens to the second, very reflection/lens flare like.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Biigs because: added last comment

link   
reply to post by Trueman

Of course it doesn't look exactly the same. The examples in that video weren't trying to accomplish the same thing. The point is, it is not hard to create a ripple effect. You can use real ripples or fake ripples. You can use a real reflection or a fake one.

As has been pointed out, the lens flare (real) appears in front of the clouds at the end of the video.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The dumbest part of this discussion is that if it were a "second sun", then wouldn't the whole world have seen it? Astronomers? Photographers? Sun gazers?

Yet, only one lonely web cam caught this epic phenom?

Come on, think people!! 3 million years of evolution gave you a cerebreal cortex, so use it!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Someone must start investigating the source of the video and contact the poster, maybe it's the best way to find out more about it.

All possible explanations a saw here, are just CONJECTURES, and personal opinions (included mine).

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

From the youtube poster. He likes water...and light.

edit on 6/7/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
Relax, Wormwood is not that close YET!! Looks like our moon is being lit up by the setting sun.

If you are suggesting that the object right next to the sun is the moon, then there must be a sun on the exact other side of the sky as well. If the moon was right next to sun it would be mostly dark since the sun rays would hit the backside of moon instead.

link   
My opinion is that this is a lens flare that is being reflected back onto the water. It's very possible, here's why:

This is what a reflection should look like: (photoshopped to illustrate mirror effect)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/75d7ce58c667.jpg[/atsimg]
notice where the "object" is in relation to the sun?

This original image shows a reflection that is physically impossible:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/82d6e7fa0e21.jpg[/atsimg]
notice the difference?

I think that the sun is causing a normal lens flare, which happens to be projected back out onto the water. Since the camera is stationary, you see no movement that would give it away as a lens flare. The object appears to accelerate in the video just before it vanishes. That is due to the convex shape of the lens.

...P.S.....that's not a ufo in the pics
edit on 6/7/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/7/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

link   
What they are doing with the SQIRLZ software is reflecting the image they are viewing (sunset in this case, with the lens flares), use mirror or 'reflect' it and add more ripple effect on the select images. Remember, the video in the OP is a time lapse of images. So to edit this is incredibly easy and simple to do.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
crap. so much for the whole "i saw it before all of my friends" type gloating.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join