It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

second sun hungary (time lapse video)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
i lean towards a lens flare + added reflection

for this main reason :

if its there..everyone in the world would see it with naked eyes..not only cams

PLEASE!!!1 ENOUGH WITH SECOND SUN IMAGES!!!! it nearly 6 years now they keep popping on the web

THEY ARE NOT REAL!!!

i wasted my time..BUT..i;m at work ..so i;m being paid to be wasted..thats cool enough for me

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I haven't read through four pages of this thread, but surely it's been suggested that the reflection of this second sun is on the wrong side of the sun.

Here is a prominant frame.

Shouldn't the reflection be closer to the horizon? Like this:

Ok, my white dot isn't quite lined up right, but you get the idea.

As an experiment, let's see how easy it would be to add a third sun.

But hang on, the reflections are still wrong. Let me try this again:

Now lets look closer at the original reflection.

This looks fake to me. The ripples aren't aligned, there's more shadow than the sun reflection, and the edges have that look of bad compression that isn't evident enywhere else in this frame.

Lets now look closer at the reflection of my own fake, just to show how easy it can be with a little care.

Looks a bit more convincing, maybe. But still fake.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthCharmer

starred you for the effort..but you was a bit late m8

better luck next debunk!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

nice work
keep un debunking like this

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Second suns don't exist because we don't have a second sun. If we did we'd all see it.

Occam's Razor. Shame most nutcases on ATS don't understand the concept.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Hi everyone.
Im a new member because this video made me want to join.
The whole seccond sun thing is awesome. I have no idea what it is. HOWEVER did anyone else notice the glowing orb that comes into the shot at around 1:53 in the bottom right corner?
It comes in and out a few times and moves in a weird pattern.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
its the real deal based on not having any experience with cameras at all. i have watched these videos from around the world and this one is the clearest! the reflection off the water and then behind the clouds, its not the camera.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

im impressed!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
And very clear on the 30th.

Definitely lens flare though, because, again it drops in front of the hills:

this one here is the only proof that is needed. Explanation of the reflection would be nice and all just to understand it, but it's a lens flare, again, as usual. Good Job Chad.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Thank you.

reply to post by Phage

Thank you

reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

Thank you

reply to post by James1982

And thank you.

Having noticed the reflection being bass ackwards the minute I got to a still frame I was gearing up to explain the same thing.

Since I have chosen to read threads before responding though, I found (as expected) that you guys were already on top of it.

I wouldn't have noticed the sundog setting in front of the hills on the horizon without it being mentioned either.

Thanks again to you guys that cleared that up! Still a cool video too

Oh... and good morning ATS!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Originally posted by Chadwickus
And very clear on the 30th.

Definitely lens flare though, because, again it drops in front of the hills:

this one here is the only proof that is needed. Explanation of the reflection would be nice and all just to understand it, but it's a lens flare, again, as usual. Good Job Chad.

Where did this pic come from? because its not the video posted here? This image is not from this thread.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthCharmer

Shouldn't the reflection be closer to the horizon? Like this:

Yes, you are exactly right. One of the tricks I learned in art classes years ago is that the reflection of a distant object above the horizon line is the exact same distance from the horizon line as the object (assuming the reflection is on a horizontal plane). In other words, if you measure the above photo with anything (can even place a scale/ ruler up to the computer monitor) and measure from the horizon line up to the object, then when you measure from the horizon line down the same distance that's where the reflection should be.
edit on 8-6-2011 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by princeguy

Read the thread and you'll find out.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Is that a reflection on the inside of a window on the right side? So the camera is indoors.

A reflection of the sunlight off the window? But I still can't figure out how it can be. The angles don't work.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The object appears on the water before appearing in the sky. Also at 0:39, the object is partially encased in cloud cover.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I belive its a lens flare generated by the lens in the camera or some kind of glass infront of it.. the way it moves smell like a flare.

AND even if there was a second sun behind our sun we would not see it.. we would be blinded by the light comiing from our sun.

Try and go into a dark room with your friend and a flashlight.. now your friend holds up the flashlight infront of your eyes in the dark room. you would not be able to see ANYTHING behind the flashlight or near it

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
At :34 seconds into the video you can see the reflection of the second object before it hits the lens of the camera. Hmmmm??

Maybe??
edit on 8-6-2011 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
OK good find S & F

Ok remember this is a time lapse phone motage

It's does not look like a lens flare or sun dog.

it reflects off of the water also.

Looks to big to be venus.

too small to be the moon...?
If the moon was right next to the sun it would be mostly dark since the sun rays would hit the backside of moon instead

it also disappears behind the mountain

is unchanged at times when the clouds cover the sun

Goes below the hoziron before the sun and reflection goes off

Second Sun shines through the clouds at about 0:40.

the reflections on the water in the photos doesn't look right not same angle as the main Sun
That because the source off the light the reflection is from the second sun different angle.

don't see how can you compare the video with those effects in the link you provided. That's totally different

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hi all new to this but what if the second sun is not a second sun but some kind of orb that is closer to the camera and that’s why the image in the water doesn’t look right and why it goes down in front of the mountains

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I can't say for sure if there is something in front of the camera, I've been downloading quite a few vids to see if I can tell from rain falling on or something but so far all I've seen is a spider making itself home in front of the lens, can't tell if it's walking over a web or a window in front of the camera.

I have noticed though, that the lake freezes in winter and the camera seems fine, so it could very well be behind a window.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join