It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

second sun hungary (time lapse video)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron

Originally posted by Biigs
wow nice find, for faster ref i croped the good bits out, i got 4 clear shots into a quick pic

s&f

EDIT: sorry i will restich another and replace this, i will keep the horizons aligned accross the 4 pics.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Biigs because: added edit text

edit on 7-6-2011 by Biigs because: changed pic

Interesting but just doesn't look right. Wouldn't the reflection of the object in the water be closer to the horizon?

If the smaller light source is on the lower right of the sun in the sky, then it should reflect and be positioned on the upper right of the sun in the water. The closer it is to the horizon on one side, the closer it will be on the other side. Make sense?

It looks real enough, but it seems the basic principles of physics were forgotten while they were making this video. Then again, who knows what it is.

Khar

THANK YOU. That's exactly what I said a couple posts back. You can't get past that fact: The reflection is on the wrong side.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Looks fake to me. Even if it DOES reflect off the water as well, you can clearly see it in front of the clouds even after the sun is behind them. I call HOAX

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

To me it is obvious the camera is behind a glass.

You can see reflections of the camera or something behind the camera on the glass.

Of course, most time lapse cameras are inside some type of protective cover or enclosing to protect it from the elements, if not just set up inside a building.

edit on 8-6-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

This is well versed EDITED.Your right

Offtopic

edit on 8-6-2011 by solid007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Every time I see one of these videos or a picture of the "second sun", I take my welding hood outside and look at the sun for myself.

Each time I do this I can't help but wonder why the "second sun" shows up on the web but not through my hood.

I live in the Southeastern U S and it has been clear here for the past several days, so visibility has been good.

I am not saying anything about editing or faking. I am just suggesting someone else look at the sun as I have and either confirm or deny what I am seeing.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
While it probably is two reflections, I have another theory to propose. Isn't it possible that the small orb of light is much closer to the camera, thus accounting for the reflecting seeming off? Afterall, you can see it in front of the horizon/mountain line in some of these stills. Just my 2 cents.

(first post for me, yay)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

I noticed that before.

The thing that threw me off was that we usually think of lens flare as being circular. Of course, that's because the light source is usually circular.

Good work (you and Cryptonomicon). It seems so obvious now.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
If the object is on the bottom right side of the sun, the reflection should be on the top right side of the sun's reflection. This "reflection" is on the bottom right side. I don't think it's a "reflection" of that "object" (lens flare). It's merely an optical illusion.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

This assumes the sun and the object are both behind the horizon. If the object is in front of the horizon it's reflection may appear lower, as shown here.
edit on 8-6-2011 by SpencerGR because: Redundancy

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
If the object is on the bottom right side of the sun, the reflection should be on the top right side of the sun's reflection. This "reflection" is on the bottom right side. I don't think it's a "reflection" of that "object" (lens flare). It's merely an optical illusion.

I don't think anybody understands that but you and one other dude.

It should look like this:

Not this:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It is called a sun dog. It does not require a photographic lens to see it. You can see sun dogs with the naked eye. Look up sun dog on google. It is a natural phenemonea known about for centuries.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
~There are a couple of other anomalies here that meets the eye. Not sure if it strengthens the case for a second sun or weakens it, probably weakens it. Considering there is no second sun anyway, obviously lol

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This looks very similar to something I was seeing in the South Eastern sky back in Nov. while I was in Belize (If anyone is in that area and can confirm this, I would greatly appreciate it). We were on the coastline and every morning I would notice an object that would remain bright in S. eastern sky until around 9:00 a.m., around 9:00 the object would get lost in the Sun light. The location of the object was: (If the sun was a clock, the object was always to the right of the Sun at: 1:00, 3:00, then 5:00). The bright object almost looked like it was in our Atmosphere, some have suggested it was a Star. Then - Why would the rest of the stars fade into the westward sky as the Sun rises and this would remain bright. If someone lives in Belize on the Eastern side, please see if you can see this bright object.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

This may rule out it being a celestial body, however; were it an orb of light above the water and not in space, it could easily achieve a reflection with that sort of relation to the sun. Not ruling out it being fake or a reflection, but I can't rule out it being an orb either.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

you have to be joking?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpencerGR
This assumes the sun and the object are both behind the horizon. If the object is in front of the horizon it's reflection may appear lower, as shown here.

Yes, like a lens flare about 2 feet in front of the camera, caused by a glass window. It's the same thing they do to make fake ghosts. Film a reflection in the glass, but you can't see the glass, and it looks like a transparent ghost. I think it's a lens flare from the glass in front of the camera. One thing I'm 99.9999999999999999999% certain of is that it's not a second sun.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
It is not 'faked', nor is it lens flare. The second object is simply closer to the lake than the sun. In a really rough drawing, you can see that IF the object was located near to the sun, then the reflection would be in a 'proper' place. But because the object is much, much closer, as in a plane, a flare, etc. then the reflection would be higher.

I'm writing this quickly as I have a meeting to get to, so I can't respond right away to any questions. I hope it helps though.

(in the preview, it looked like my picture was cropped. Hopefully it won't show that way in the post!)

-MD

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

That very well could be. My only motive was to illustrate that just because the reflection isn't a mirror image doesn't mean it can't be something anomalous besides a sun dog or a reflection on the camera housing.

Edit: thank you, MensaDude, that is the exact point I was trying to make.
edit on 8-6-2011 by SpencerGR because: Avoiding double post

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton
Every time I see one of these videos or a picture of the "second sun", I take my welding hood outside and look at the sun for myself.

Each time I do this I can't help but wonder why the "second sun" shows up on the web but not through my hood.

I live in the Southeastern U S and it has been clear here for the past several days, so visibility has been good.

I am not saying anything about editing or faking. I am just suggesting someone else look at the sun as I have and either confirm or deny what I am seeing.

Could be it orbits the sun but not real close, it could be in front or behind the sun much of the time and you would not see it, also if it were closer to the sun then some other times it would be hidden in the suns corona. What if it were a Watcher..a ship that can move around or some other object not a"sun".

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MensaDude

And the second object just happens to move at precisely the correct velocity to match the movement of the Sun?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join