It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hippies lying down in front of cars getting run over.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

Ahh right, I don't watch hollywood movies.

You've done yourself a favor I wish I could do for me hehe

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

You hear that boys, don't take time away from the police. They need all that time to harass you and try to find the camera that recorded the harassment.

Aren't you just the stereo typical over dramatic, emotionally damaged type.. Laughable, really!

Contrary to your belief and most peoples belief about democracy, democracy is the protecting of minority groups against the majority. But as you can see, in reality, democracy is more like the tyranny of the majority.

Deny Ignorance, or promote it? Let me help you... Democracy : government by the people; a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system. Does that hit home? Sound familiar? Now, I am under no delusion... I understand that our system is corrupt.... Corrupt as it may be, it is not broken.. Regardless of what the paranoid few think, the people still have the #'s in their favor.... The only problem is they lack true conviction.

If you were living in a democracy, these protesters would have a proper place to demonstrate. And their protest would be at the very least televised - you know, instead of American Idol and whatnot. But it's not, so you don't live in a democracy. So please, do not ever try to use democracy in an argument because as it is, there isn't a single democratic country in the world(ignorant knowitalls need not post - they need to read history).

Did you just imply that it is the Govts responsibility to provide a place to protest?? Needs to be televised?? The American people like American Idol, and that reflects on democracy how?? Do you have anything logical to add here?

Yes, and in a supposed democracy, these people are not supposed to be run over - they are supposed to be taken by the hand and talked to, inform them if you think they are wrong. Do you think running them over will reinforce their, as you imply; "undemocratic" ways? Or will it make them change their minds, which by the way, destroys your whole democracy argument (again) because in a democracy, you aren't supposed to change peoples minds with violence.

Again, do you have anything intelligent to add? Nobody is harmed in a democracy? Is our system corrupt? Of course! BUT, the minority does not have the right to FORCE their opinions down everyone's throat! Period!

Do you think running them over will reinforce their, as you imply; "undemocratic" ways?

Lets look over what you just typed here.... Read it again..... and again... Anyone able to make any sense out of this gibberish? didn't think so.... Ok, I get it... you are attempting to sound intelligent and "awakened" .... What you typed couldn't even be word scrambled to make sense......

Personally, when you say they can't rally enough support to change things democratically, you lose all credibility you had regarding your political knowledge. It's like you don't even know what you're talking about.

Like Kevin said earlier .. Pot calling the kettle black much? I dont know what I am talking about?? Touche!
Let me help you with this.... If you want to have something changed you:
1) Express your point of view.
2) Find like minded people that want the same outcome.
3) Rally support from all like minded people.
4) Show your representatives that the "majority" want this change.
5) Take steps to help your representative make said changes.

Sometime you just have to accept that everyone DOES NOT share your feelings... That's the problem here.. A bunch of sniveling, emotionally challenged people that can not accept that they are NOT the majority!

And anyone who supports driving over another human being and rationalizes that by claiming they have no "RIGHT" to affect your daily life - are sociopaths that need mental care. Those who drive over others in this fashion need to go to jail, as simple as that.

Pot, meet kettle! You recommend a punishment for an action, as I do... Do I hope that these " under carriage technicians" die?? Not one bit.... BUT, I do hope that enough pain and suffering is achieved to persuade them to smarten up and exercise their actual rights... Laying down in front of my vehicle and impeding in my daily life IS NOT their right. Period!

Apparently you do know right? No. You don't. Nobody knows it. That's why bringing in the ambulance is a straw man.

How can you even say that? You don't think that there is anyone in that traffic, that will incur some sort of negative affect from being "detained"? That is just silly at best, ignorant and intentionally misleading at worst.

Uhuh, you are totally an expert on human behavior.

I don't have to be an expert to see what any intelligent person would see. These protesters are not thinking about the daily lives of the people that they are affecting... Wait, I am wrong... They know and want to affect these peoples lives, for that is their goal... That is NOT their right!!!!!!

By god that is insane reasoning...

Really? You really should expand your knowledge... The last thing we need, is more emotionally challenged people, intentionally pushing their emotionally charged beliefs on the rest of us. Let me help you with my "insanity"

Kidnapping has several different areas in its definition. It invariably includes committing false imprisonment, which is the common-law offence of intentionally or recklessly detaining the victim without lawful authority.

Would it be a stretch to call it kidnapping?? Possibly! But insane?? Not by definition!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

You need to hone your comprehension skills a tad.....

I was making the point that I wasn't emotionally void. Someone had said that I must be emotionally void to have my view... How you twisted that comment into a jab at your emotional well being, is beyond me. But, I will say I am not surprised, that you completely missed the bus on that one.

You specifically used that statement to say I called you emotionally challenged... That is 100% false. I used a much more direct way of stating that in another sentence, yet you chose that sentence to point out... laughable!

Look, here are the facts... You agree with this type of protest, where I do not! I think this type of protest is selfish and arrogant. I think these people are plain stupid!

Here is a fact.... If you have enough people to bring about change, the media and venue will open up for you. If you lack the #'s and can't accept the fact, that the MAJORITY do not agree with you, you'll inevitably end up like "hop along Heather" in the last video.
edit on 6/9/2011 by ShaunHatfield because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
If somebody lays down in front of your car,it is time to make a citizens arrest.First call police,then detain the criminal until police arrive to lock this animal up.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by capod2t

"I was once asked why I don't participate in anti-war demonstrations. I said that I will never do that, but as soon as you have a pro-peace rally, I'll be there."

Mother Teresa

It's futile to take issue with each other while we all suffer as the victims of the oligarchy we've allowed to be created.

TPTB relish in these types of occurances.

but little did mother teresa or capod2t know that the pro-peace rally would be the pro-war rally in disguise!
in order to have ultimate peace, their needs to be one world order.... cant happen with out war first.
(Down With The NWO)
edit on 9-6-2011 by ShadowZion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
At least they have still have a conscience and are doing something about it. I find it very disturbing that there are posters here who think these kids deserve being run over, and the driver in the first video was charged with attempted homicide and rightly so

And so what if they are blocking traffic? Is it ok for innocent women and children to be mutilated, mutated and destroyed by thousands of tons of depleted uranium, and not ok for some average joe shmoe to be late for work so he can continue his boring life and pay his fair share towards war crimes and the destruction of freedom?

My thinking was that this forum was a discussion for folks who are open minded and interested in intelligent conversation out alternative topics, not some angry mob lacking a conscience or sense of justice.

but of course when master goonverment blocks the traffic for hours thats ok? what a joke

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
My car is equipped with a vegetable oil tank and fine mist sprayer.If anybody purposely tries to impede my car for no good reason , I activate the sprayer,it sprays a fine mist of vegetable oil around the perimeter of the car.If I am still being stopped,I turn on the grated oreo cookie sprayer.This will adhere to the vegetable oil.You will be covered in a thick mix of oil and cookies.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Atione

How about this... How about if his life isn't boring, and he has EVERYTHING he wants in life. Because he is happy in life, and not jumping on every single mental breakdown bus, that the tin foil hat wearers offer up.He is a bad person? AGAIN here we are.... Agree with the conspiracy nuts, or be ridiculed for being a happy human going about his daily routine!!!! .. How about if he loses his job? Or isn't able to make it to his oldest sons graduation? IT IS NOT THE RIGHT OF THESE WORTHLESS MAGGOTS TO OBSTRUCT MY DAILY LIFE~!!!!!!

Any argument to the contrary is self serving and delusional!!! Isn't that how you would put it? Your either with us, or your against us?? How about I just don't give 2 flips about "us". Each of us have our own path and own life, it is not our right to step on other peoples rights.. If it takes a couple of hippies in wheel chairs to get this point across, so be it!

"While your down there, can you check my fluids?"

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by destination now
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I KNOW my daughter would never lie down on a road! She does her protesting via e-petitions and letters to MP's and MSP's in fact she's walked in so I'll ask her....

Yes, she's just confirmed that she'd rather do her protesting from her computer, rather than end up in a jail cell or a morgue....

And here in Scotland the police don't accompany other emergency vehicles!
edit on 7-6-2011 by destination now because: to add a bit

Then your daughter is the reason we're in this situation. Too many people scared of the consequences, unwilling to do anything of value.

E-Petitions and writing to politicians, what a waste of time.

And nobody in Britain would run people over so stop talking rubbish. You're in an absolute minority of lunatics if you think otherwise.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I wonder what the general consensus in this thread would be if the protesters blocking the road were American soldiers?

If this were the case I somehow doubt the people cheering would be cheering. People are happy they're being run over because of who they are, not what they're doing.

All justifications are made up to strengthen an otherwise fragile view point.

I will guarantee 99% of people laughing and condoning the drivers would be outraged if the protesters were patriotic soldiers.

Your excuses fool nobody.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Someone a few pages back mentioned his Uncle was a vietnam war vet and started whinging about hippies. Would he defend the drivers if they ran over a protest group of 'nam vets? I somehow doubt it.

You can see what's going on. It has nothing to do with disrupting traffic and everything to do with who they are. Most people here would happily see their political enemies attacked and killed in such ways, in this case they have what they think is justification and let their feelings known.

I really can't believe how far ATS has fallen. Ever since Obama and Alex Jones rose to popularity this place has been flooded with nutjobs

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Originally posted by destination now
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I KNOW my daughter would never lie down on a road! She does her protesting via e-petitions and letters to MP's and MSP's in fact she's walked in so I'll ask her....

Yes, she's just confirmed that she'd rather do her protesting from her computer, rather than end up in a jail cell or a morgue....

And here in Scotland the police don't accompany other emergency vehicles!
edit on 7-6-2011 by destination now because: to add a bit

Then your daughter is the reason we're in this situation. Too many people scared of the consequences, unwilling to do anything of value.

E-Petitions and writing to politicians, what a waste of time.

And nobody in Britain would run people over so stop talking rubbish. You're in an absolute minority of lunatics if you think otherwise.

What a deluded fool you are......To blame the war in iraq and the fact that abortion is legal on my 17 yr old daughter is offensive and moronic in the extreme...That my daughter is sensible enough not to risk her life by lying down in a road, where it is not necessarily the actions of a psychopath, intent on killing protesters, that she could be killed or seriously injured (it could be just that the driver did not see her...re: vid 2)

And if as you say that people are scared of the consequences, then why the fk are you complaining about these particular protesters being run over???? They wanted to make a statement...they lay down on the road...they got run over... (YET AGAIN I WOULD NOT CONDONE RUNNING OVER ANYONE - said previously about 6 times now!)

And I think you may be wrong about anybody in Britain not running over anyone...if you wish I will look up the office of national statistics website and give you figures of the number of pedestrians killed in road accidents and notably hit and runs (the one that comes to mind is the woman who killed a young boy and then went on the run) And if you're talking about protesters being run over whilst lying on the road in the UK, then please give me links to all the protests that used this method (where there was not an immediate police presence!)

But really, your post to me goes to the other extreme where you are advocating that protesters should lie in the road, and if they get run over it is the drivers fault, but if they choose not to lie in the road, then they are cowards who do not accept the consequences of their actions...

That is the most fkd up post I have ever read (and there have been several directed at me on this thread, but at least one (nearly 2) have apologised for their insensitivity)

And you call the people who complain about protesters lying in the road as lunatics???

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
REMINDER!

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics

Calling members names or calling them insane or crazy or any other derivative is not going to fly and will be actioned. If it keeps up, posting bans may be issued.

Do not respond to name calling: Alert.

Do not name call or anything like it: walk away.

From here on out - it will stop.
edit on June 9th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I recall a group of homosexuals blocking traffic chanting "We are gay and here to stay". Us truck drivers were waiting to get by and we began to chant "We are late get out of da way". They moved, they all eventually move, no need to get violent with your vehicle. Go around them, you killers on the road. Your path is not as important as you think it is. It will be blocked, deal with it, like a human, not an animal.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
Protest has its place, but in the end is really just a limp wristed way of admitting that you are powerless to anything about the problem you are protesting. It follows that such an admission would lead to such stupidity.

Protesting can accomplish a lot of things, but anyway no reason to get off topic in a flame war. I think it's stupid that they would sit in front of cars on a busy road lol. I'm all for making a point but getting run over by people is probably not the best way to go about it.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaunHatfield

From Competition (or survival of the fittest) to Cooperation , or why Darwin didn't see the whole picture.

For 2 billion years, bacteria had the world to themselves. They developed different lifestyles, competed with each other, and provoked worldwide crises such as global hunger and pollution, dramatically changing the Earth. At each stage of their evolution, they made innovations and eventually evolved from an exploitative, selfish existence to a harmonious, cooperative one. From these collaborations they eventually created a large, collective, nucleated cell from which all other life evolved. It was the biggest step — or leap — in evolution, occurring about halfway through Earth's life.

This is how it happened: bacteria engaged in an ever more complex "DNA information trade," or the first World Wide Web. Opening their cellular walls, slipping DNA back and forth across their boundaries (original sex), they streamlined operations and assigned themselves jobs in a division of labor. They tried on different shapes and sizes, becoming more varied and more interdependent, assuring both their autonomy and their holonomy on Earth.

Their success, however, challenged them again with overpopulation and food shortages. Breathers began invading bubblers and eating their insides while multiplying inside their walls. Eventually, they evolved cooperative schemes, sharing survival strategies and creating a new life form that was thousands of times bigger than any one bacterium. From this "multi-creatured cell," with mitochondria as energy generators and a nucleus containing a vast library of information, a common DNA gene pool was born. We ourselves are related to this cell, as our bodies are made of them. In fact, every plant, animal, and human on the planet evolved as colonies of these nucleated cells.

The enormous diversity of the DNA library in each nucleus, and the complexity of cellular function itself, still perplexes geneticists today. We are made of up to 100 trillion cells, each one a holon within a massive holarchy. In a holarchy, no level is more important than the next, and each level must negotiate its interests with those of other levels within the whole.

"Self-interest at every level of holarchy leads to negotiated compromise and dynamic harmony in the end" . "This goes on in our bodies every second. Every cell and every organ has self-interest. A cell can't live without its host organ, any more than the organ can live without its cells. Just like bacteria, they must negotiate those differences toward harmony."

Source:
Elisabet Sahtouris, an evolution biologist with a doctorate in brain science (taught at MIT)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBlackman

Ok, let me get this straight... You agree that these little "bacteria" should get out from in front of my car, or taste chassis.... I concur!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The problem is that the more a person practices a lack of compassion for others the more damaged they become. If this deficiency is reinforced with daily hate sessions on the radio or television the faster the result - a damaged human being incapable of reasonable thought or compassion. Depression and Anxiety seriously contribute to eroded empathy.

Carl Jung mentioned "psychic epidemics" as the "supreme danger" to individuals and states. He stated "The greatest danger of all comes from the masses, in whom the effects of the unconscious pile up cumulatively and reasonableness of the conscious mind is stifled." (CW18, PAR. 1358)

Jung's warning came in the twentieth century during the rise of Nazism and Stalinism. What has been revealed by this new data is a microcosm of the current wave of "psychic epidemics" we now face.

Quantum entanglement studies show that things at the quantum level don't have the same problems with transmission over great distances. So when you are depressed in Canada, I can feel it in San Francisco, the connection doesn't degrade over distance like other transmission methods do (unless they use amplifiers an other methods). Basically Quantum Physics theories provide support to Jung's idea of the collective unconcious.

To all compassionate people please do not get disenchanted, continue to practice compassion and hope or we will all be lost.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaunHatfield

Unlike a human being, the bacteria will be ok given their incredibly small size, your chassis will not damage the whole colony and you will spread them into new territory for ever greater expansion. Where they’ll meet some new bacteria, co-operate and swap genetic information and perhaps become even more antibiotic resistant. Also did you know bacteria with the most resistance to environmental toxins actually form a shield around the weaker members of the colony, even to the point of self sacrifice to ensure the survival of the colony …. Pretty impressive little organisms really.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join