It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hippies lying down in front of cars getting run over.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaunHatfield

Ok, I realise it was a mistake, I apologise, but if you have read the thread you'll see some of the stuff that's been thrown at me because I think it is dangerous to lie in the road and block traffic!

peace

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by destination now

Dangerous??? Not only dangerous, but EXTREMELY stupid. And to be honest, its selfish, arrogant and plain rude to interrupt other peoples lives, and take time away from the police.

Lets focus on the abortion clinic.... These protesters think that their view is more important than the masses. Abortion has been voted on and it is legal. So these protesters are all for "right to protest", but they aren't ok with democracy???

You see, people that will lay down in front of a vehicle are "slow".. They lack the ability to think through a situation rationally. They can't rally enough support to change things democratically, so they resort to affecting others. They do this to annoy and pester people into noticing "THEIR" cause..

No matter how I feel about these idiots, right or wrong.. The fact remains, their protest does not have the right to affect my daily life. AND...... anyone who lays down in front of a car is void of common sense.

"Straw man ambulance argument" ..... How does anyone know there wasn't an ambulance? Or a woman in labor? Or a man racing against time to get to the post office to send his mortgage on time... Nobody knows these things... The protesters are selfish little maggots that only care about themselves, yet apparently don't care about themselves enough to have "self preservation" in mind.

These protesters are BLOCKING people ... this could technically be called kidnapping if you got a hold of the right prosecutor...

edit on 6/8/2011 by ShaunHatfield because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/8/2011 by ShaunHatfield because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
If you have people protesting by sitting in a street in front of your vehicle and you drive over one of them you most certainly need to have your head checked. Stupid or not these protestors are human beings not rabbits crossing the road ffs! The comments on the first page of this thread are very disturbing. I can't believe anyone would think it funny to watch this in the slight bit. Jump out in front of a moving vehicle and that is your fault. But, sitting in a row before the cars even get there and still being run over says a lot about the world we live in.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
op, are you kidding me? if the shipt hits the fans, and its down to chracter and honor, americans will want to know who to stand witj... we'll make sure you are eliminated with the same heartless, loveless, mechanistic sterility in which yr programmed heart currently functions.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by suidideadboi
op, are you kidding me? if the shipt hits the fans, and its down to chracter and honor, americans will want to know who to stand witj... we'll make sure you are eliminated with the same heartless, loveless, mechanistic sterility in which yr programmed heart currently functions.

Ring, ring. Ring, ring. Ring, ring.

Hello?

Yes hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black!

Click....

If the character and honor of an American is to eliminate people of whom they disagree with, then be rest assured I have no pride in being an American. Fortunately, it is fairly easy to understand that there is no reliable national character in any nation, and character and honor are the province of the individual. I respectfully submit that an honorable person of strong character can read or hear language they disagree with and still behave peacefully and not make empty threats.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Video 1) Ok, the Guy did go overboard by driving right through the protestors, But I strongly feel the protestors are in the wrong. The people you are blocking have absolutly NOTHING to do with your cause. They have to get to work. 1 of those people you are blocking can get FIRED from his job for being late. What did he do to you? I personally would have stepped out of the car, and brandished my knife. Tell people I HAVE to be at work, and im willing to get drastic to get there. Chances are they will swing on me first, then I can claim self defense.

Video 2) The protesters are clearly in the wrong. They jumped infront of a moving vehicle. Somebody needs to look into this, I pray the driver did not get any sort of punishment. And wish that stupid girl got her legs cut off.

Video 3) Again the protesters are just being stupid. Once the driver saw that the people where safely to his side, he rightfully ran over the stupid bike and got on his merry way. He did nothing wrong.

Do not protest and direct your anger towards people who are innocent. thanks to their stupid protest, guy in video 1 is going to jail for a long time. For something that shouldnt even be happening. All those protestors should be ashamed.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
When you have stupidity on one side and evil on the other, stupidity is going to get hurt. Lying in front of a car when you don't know the person behind the wheel is like climbing into a cage with a bear; it's not guaranteed that you will be injured, but there is a good chance. That being said, the guy driving the car in the first video should be shot in the head and have his body dumped in the Atlantic Ocean. We would really be better off with people like him dead. Trying to get to work, indeed. Go f#ck your mother.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

I never claimed that an ambulance was being held up in any of those videos, I was simply saying that blocking a road can have serious consequences.

Jumping off buildings or setting yourself on fire, chaining yourself to trees, sitting in front of bulldozers etc. etc. can have serious consequences. It's self-evident that protesting can have serious consequences.

See what gets me is, how can you focus on the importance of that which isn't there (the ambulance), and not focus on that which is there (the protest). Do you realize that by doing so you are minimizing the protesters while bringing in a "straw man" (which is the ambulance) in order to support your first assertion that "blocking a road can have serious consequences"?

I have frequently said that I do not condone running over protesters

And I believe that.

or that people shouldn't have the right to protest, but that they should do it in such a way that will not endanger their own or others lives!

That happens in a Utopia. Not Earth. Every liberty that you have now comes directly from the shedding of tyrants blood, and the blood of those who tried to stop said tyrants. We may live in an age where these tyrants have camouflaged themselves as religious leaders, political leaders and corporate leaders - and their ways may seem not bloody at first glance, but try to picture the world and not just America and you will see their hands are just as bloody as before.

but are most certainly lacking in literacy and critical thinking skills.

I believe ignorance of history and the way the world works only favors those who are afraid and can't come to terms with how the world works.

You're not wrong in not wanting anyone to get hurt, absolutely not. You're more right than wrong. But do you take into consideration that this is 2011 and not 2211 or 2311? We are still far far away from the point where two groups can effectively communicate in peace, as it is one of the two will ignore the other leaving the other no option but physical measures. Which the records show; people protest, get hurt, because the ruling party does not want their opposition to gain momentum under one voice - that's also partially the reason why so many people who defended the people driving over protesters posted in a heap together.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Dangerous??? Not only dangerous, but EXTREMELY stupid. And to be honest, its selfish, arrogant and plain rude to interrupt other peoples lives, and take time away from the police.

You hear that boys, don't take time away from the police. They need all that time to harass you and try to find the camera that recorded the harassment.

Lets focus on the abortion clinic.... These protesters think that their view is more important than the masses. Abortion has been voted on and it is legal. So these protesters are all for "right to protest", but they aren't ok with democracy???

Contrary to your belief and most peoples belief about democracy, democracy is the protecting of minority groups against the majority. But as you can see, in reality, democracy is more like the tyranny of the majority.

If you were living in a democracy, these protesters would have a proper place to demonstrate. And their protest would be at the very least televised - you know, instead of American Idol and whatnot. But it's not, so you don't live in a democracy. So please, do not ever try to use democracy in an argument because as it is, there isn't a single democratic country in the world(ignorant knowitalls need not post - they need to read history).

You see, people that will lay down in front of a vehicle are "slow".. They lack the ability to think through a situation rationally. They can't rally enough support to change things democratically, so they resort to affecting others. They do this to annoy and pester people into noticing "THEIR" cause..

Yes, and in a supposed democracy, these people are not supposed to be run over - they are supposed to be taken by the hand and talked to, inform them if you think they are wrong. Do you think running them over will reinforce their, as you imply; "undemocratic" ways? Or will it make them change their minds, which by the way, destroys your whole democracy argument (again) because in a democracy, you aren't supposed to change peoples minds with violence.

Personally, when you say they can't rally enough support to change things democratically, you lose all credibility you had regarding your political knowledge. It's like you don't even know what you're talking about.

No matter how I feel about these idiots, right or wrong.. The fact remains, their protest does not have the right to affect my daily life. AND...... anyone who lays down in front of a car is void of common sense.

And anyone who supports driving over another human being and rationalizes that by claiming they have no "RIGHT" to affect your daily life - are sociopaths that need mental care. Those who drive over others in this fashion need to go to jail, as simple as that.

..... How does anyone know there wasn't an ambulance? Or a woman in labor? Or a man racing against time to get to the post office to send his mortgage on time... Nobody knows these things...

Apparently you do know right? No. You don't. Nobody knows it. That's why bringing in the ambulance is a straw man.

The protesters are selfish little maggots that only care about themselves, yet apparently don't care about themselves enough to have "self preservation" in mind.

Uhuh, you are totally an expert on human behavior.

These protesters are BLOCKING people ... this could technically be called kidnapping if you got a hold of the right prosecutor...

By god that is insane reasoning...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

I shed a tear during "Old yeller" - I balled like a child in that Denzel Washington Washington movie about his son.. I am not void of emotion... I am just a realist, that feels that these people are plain dumb! Your protest DOES NOT have the right to interfere with my rights!

So you allow movies to twist and turn your emotions, but when it comes to real life, I'm the one being emotional?

Get your act straight.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

but try to picture the world and not just America and you will see their hands are just as bloody as before.

I wasn't thinking about America...I live in Scotland. And I stand by my opinion that blocking a road by lying down on it can have serious consequences (particularly in Scotland where we don't have a network of freeways, many of our roads are single lane with no option for detours...if the road is blocked...the road is blocked...no one can get to their destination whatever their reason!)

edit on 9-6-2011 by destination now because: remove repeated word

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Perhaps we just need to re-score the footage with some emotionally engaging classical music (maybe a heartfelt piano piece), show the tears falling from the friends and family of the injured and killed protesters and the cold hatred in the eyes of evil sociopaths, as it seems that's the only type of simple programming many of so called enlightened ATSers can engage in and respond to.

There's a lot of sick and simple people out there.

I can't believe this madness has continued for over 20 pages.
edit on 9-6-2011 by Goathief because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

I don't recall anyone being killed or even seriously injured in those videos, in fact they all got up and walked away! And as I have been chastised for a so-called straw man argument about emergency vehicles because there were none in those videos, then I think it's equally straw man to talk about dead or seriously injured protesters as there were none in those videos.

Obviously though being run over by a car when you're lying down in the road has the potential to kill or seriously injure you, but fortunately that did not happen in any of those cases shown in the videos.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

Perhaps we just need to re-score the footage with some emotionally engaging classical music (maybe a heartfelt piano piece), show the tears falling from the friends and family of the injured and killed protesters and the cold hatred in the eyes of evil sociopaths

I can totally picture that.

Nice signature by the way, humbleness. (Too bad he got caught up in the whole you know what though)
edit on 9-6-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

The poster is implying that such an out of proportion hyperbole is needed to bring certain people down to Earth from the Hollywood skies. It reflects on the post of one poster, who claimed they cried at movies yet wouldn't budge if a protester was ran over by cars - in order to suggest I am being overly emotional...

But if you must insist on the ambulance. Take a look at what another poster, an ambulance driver, posted about his experiences overall. That will pretty much be the most valuable post in this entire thread mind you.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

There were actually two posters with experience of driving an ambulance, the other stated that people don't always pull over and that some drivers actually tailgate the ambulance to get through traffic more quickly!

And the first poster was using their experience that the police travel with ambulances in an emergency, they don't in the UK

And it is a bit hypocritical (yet again) to approve of one hypothetical argument, but dismiss another!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

I think it was more of a joke than an argument while yours is more of an argument than a joke. I thought that was clear by how overly exaggerated the post was? No?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Hmmm...so it's okay to make jokes about the situation if you believe that protesters have the right to lie down on the road, but not okay if you take the opposite view...and there have been a great many people lambasted and called psychopaths for doing just that!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I see what you are saying but, the joke isn't made about the situation itself but is made about the cold zombie like statement that emotions belong in movies.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Ahh right, I don't watch hollywood movies, so didn't see the analogy.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join