It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hippies lying down in front of cars getting run over.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonas86

thankyou for showing your compassion :-), that is what makes us human

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
I find this hilarious and a tad bit disturbing. A bunch of stupid kids feeling that they can be a part of something by sitting down in front of cars in rush hour traffic getting run over. You sit down in front of a car that is moving, PERIOD, you are in danger. Some of these people (drivers) have families to provide for, some even may have emergencies. I do not feel sorry at all for them, they deserve it for their stupidity.

Are you like the Bible and we shouldn't take all your words literally?... because it sounds inhumane and the criticism you received over it doesn't look too good?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

So, if protests are useless, and voting as well (because you've always just the choice between pest and cholera, as we say in Germany) - what is left for one to express his dissension with the government or society?

To all of you who were laughing about those "stupid kids": Don't laugh too much about them. Because those who survive may experience their humanism turn to hate, and will possibly find another way for making you to pay attention to the uncountable grievances of this sick world.

For example by bombing your self-righteous asses away

If it ever took a proof, how degenerated western society became, just read this thread, in which some posts are portraying such a lack of compassion, that I ... I can't say how sick I'm of this...

edit on 7/6/11 by Peloquin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

reply to post by chaeone86

Oh my, it took 17 pages for someone to get it
. Anyway yeah, I agree with you, by deserved I meant that it is expected that something negative would occur, so their initial shock at having something occur dumbfounded me. You can't protest peacefully against people that are so hopelessly dependant on the government.

Thanks for the clarification! i was more appalled by replies rather than the OP itself, which was clearly not mean to be entirely serious.

Though me thinks protestors in the western world wouldn't expect the outcome of these clips except for a cynical few, hence their immense shock.

We expect peaceful protest to be respected by others as a form of protected free speech, to be orderly maintained and protected from disagreeing members of the public by police/govt/organizer operations to install picket lines with little rails to corral the protestors together. We expect our government (who we protest) to permit them until that same entity deems they are "out of control" and for that govt to disperse the crowd utilizing a sliding scale of methods, from friendly to aggressive (but never intentionally fatal). We expect these acts to represent our rejection of a policy/event/idea we disagree with our govt about, despite paying sales tax for all the markers, foam board and pens and paper we distribute, despite still donating most of our income to said government we so passionately disagree with to (sometimes) sit down in front traffic. lol.

when you add it all up, us westerners are a silly bunch of morons, no?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Peloquin

So, if protests are useless, and voting as well (because you've always just the choice between pest and cholera, as we say in Germany) - what is left for one to express his dissension with the government or society?

Non acquiescence. Stop feeding the beast of tyranny.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

I don't think we can say the War protesters do not care about other humans, we could say maybe they didn't think through their actions about the best way to get their message across.There is no widely agreed on figure for the number of people that have been killed so far in the War on Terror as it has been defined by the Bush Administration to include the war in Afghanistan, the war in Iraq, and operations elsewhere. Some estimates include the following:

Iraq: 62,570 to 1,124,000 A minimum of 62,570 civilian deaths reported in the mass media up to 28 April 2007 according to Iraq Body Count project. 4.5 million refugees and cost the US more than the sum needed to pay off the debts of every poor nation on earth. What is certain is the wretched state of health care in Iraq. In March 2006 the campaign group Medact reported that 18,000 physicians have left since 2003; an estimated 250 of those that remained have been kidnapped and, in 2005 alone, 65 killed. Medact also said that "easily treatable conditions such as diarrhoea and respiratory illness caused 70 per cent of all child deaths", and that "of the 180 health clinics the US hoped to build by the end of 2005, only four have been completed and none has been opened". In May, a survey by the Iraq government and Unicef reported that a quarter of all Iraqi children suffer from malnutrition.

Afghanistan: between 10,960 and 49,600 , between 3,100 and 3,600 civilians were directly killed by US Operation Enduring Freedom bombing and Special Forces attacks between October 7, 2001 and June 3, 2003. This estimate counts only "impact deaths"—deaths that occurred in the immediate aftermath of an explosion or shooting
Pakistan: between 1467 and 2334 killed in U.S. drone attacks as of May 6, 2011
Somalia: 7,000+
In December 2007, The Elman Peace and Human Rights Organization said it had verified 6,500 civilian deaths, 8,516 people wounded, and 1.5 million displaced from homes in Mogadishu alone during the year 2007.[
Total American casualties 54,800 +
A March 2011 Congressional Research Service report, “The Cost of Iraq, Afghanistan, and Other Global War on Terror Operations Since 9/11,"
The report states that the price tag through fiscal year 2011 for such purposes as military operations, base security, reconstruction, foreign aid, embassy costs, and veterans’ health care will be $1.283 trillion. If the fiscal year budget for 2012 is approved, the total global security and conflict-related costs will be $1.415 trillion.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

But isn't what those kids did not exactly what you asked for? What is that beast, if not this terrible machine, that keeps us all in a hurry? Isn't it that cruel Moloch, that keeps us all occupied, day for day? We're the lucky ones sitting at the more comfortable wheels. And we're preying upon those below us. And we feel fine as long as we're functioning. Beware that day, when we can no longer feed that machine... then it will prey upon us

Have you ever seen the old german movie METROPOLIS? It's just about that...

www.youtube.com...

Hm... I thought, the older I get, the wiser I'd become. I thought, getting older would me make cappable of making peace with that world. But I feel I'm getting more and more uncomfortable with it. I feel something else...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I say that they are morons and they deserved what they got, and I am a pretty compassionate person. This is just plain stupidity. There are right and wrong ways to protest, and this is definitely one of the wrong ways. How does laying down in front of cars relate to any of their issues anyway? Lying down in front of a vehicle to protest war does not make the slightest bit of sense.

If my car were ever swarmed by a large group of people who were trying to rip it apart or push it over, etc, I would just gun it, get far enough away, then call the police. I am pretty sure the police would be on the side of the driver.

I am very sensitive about bikes on the road. My little brother was hit by a company truck riding his bike on an fm road, and despite there being a law in my state that allows bikes to be ridden on them if the width of the road and shoulder are not a certain length...Anyway, there was no shoulder, and our lawyer said that the law was on my brother's side...So even though it was a bike, it had to be treated as a vehicle. My brother was riding close to where the shoulder would be, and the guy went to pass him, but didn't get far enough over, and his mirror hit him. He was all broken and bruised up, and nearly died. Open and shut case....ya right. Anyway, the judge ended up throwing the case out or something.

If that can happen, then I don't see the problem with running the people on bikes down.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The replies in this thread really are funny. All these 'good-hearted' people who are commending the fools commiting suicide and acting holier than thou to those who find the protesters foolish. hilarious. sorry but laying down in front of a vehicle and getting run over isn't protesting anything. or having an effect on anything! all it is doing is cleaning up the gene pool. why waste your life for NOTHING when you could stay alive and actually make a difference. no one is going to make you a martyr for turning yourself into roadkill. so yes, out of the sheer stupidity these people show, it is comical.

i see a lot of people on ATS defending ludicrous things like this, i'm guessing just to look cool in front of other ATSers. but all you are doing is making yourselves look almost as foolish as these protesters.

i think we should get some more suicidal maniacs out there, we could clean up the gene pool a bit more.
edit on 7-6-2011 by wakeUpOrDie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

But isn't what those kids did not exactly what you asked for?

No. Taxation feeds the beast, and it is refusing to pay taxes, particularly taxes you more than likely do not even owe to begin with, that will affect the most change.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wakeUpOrDie

I think folks being disrupted from getting to where they wanted to get, needed to call the police and have the road cleared not run children over. (war protestors). Do you really think those kids thought for a single minute someone was going to get impatient and just run them over; the guy clearly saw them sitting cross legged. There’s a reason children do not legally become adults until a certain age…..

The intellect of even the brainiest 14-year-olds has deteriorated dramatically over the decades despite an increase in the number of pupils achieving top grades in exams.
Their cognitive abilities are level with those of 12-year-olds in 1976, the study found.
www.faqtice.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I'm not sure if I'm so good-hearted anymore (if I ever was - god may decide that). And right now, being tired from work, being tired of reading of countless useless efforts of people trying to make a change for good in this godforsaken world - I feel I'm developping some kind of sympathy for some more drastic efforts.

As portrayed in movies such as

SEVEN

FIGHT CLUB

NATURAL BORN KILLERS

Isn't this whole astonishing panorama of the endtimes one great sick movie?

Knowing all to clear, that in most parts I'm just condemned to watch as this world goes to hell, I can't refuse to wish, that this silly # might find an end.

What have we become?

How could this happen?

We never stopped being the monkeys we've always been since the dawn of man.

In these days, we're just more well armed.

Those kids may be stupid by thinking, they could change anything if they sacrificed theirselves.

But they're not the first ones being that stupid.

As another one in this thread already posted - two thousand years ago there was another guy who also thought, by sacrificing himself he could make a change.

Oh god...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
just thought i would post this.

its kinda similar. but more extreme!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Do you really think those kids thought for a single minute someone was going to get impatient and just run them over

YES, they surely should have.

Laying down in a street with over half the population doped up on antidepressants, and others on God knows what.

Curious, are you up for a Darwin Award this year?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Looking all around the world, I realize, the beast is not governments nor corporations.

The beast is us, we're the machine...

If you doubt that - what do you believe (if you're an car driving american, but we germans are driving cars too
) is your government doing with the money it gained from your taxes? Feeding the poor? Not in the first place, if at all. With the trillions it spends on weaponry for it's army, it paves the way for those oil companies that exploit the Iraqi ground and elsewhere to haul that oil that we all so thirsty need for our fast cars, to hurry, hurry, hurry...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

As another one in this thread already posted - two thousand years ago there was another guy who also thought, by sacrificing himself he could make a change.

that has to be the most idiotic comparison i've ever seen. apples and oranges.

You are comparing someone who already had the known world's attention and was made an example of unwillingly, who changed the course of world history to some kid who volunteers to become roadkill for some cause he is probably not even aware of.

i don't even know where to begin!

edit on 7-6-2011 by wakeUpOrDie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Where I come from that's attempted murder, mother #%@&er.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Ok i don't get the sense of laying down in front of cars as a form of protests. But the people saying they deserve it obviously don't have kids. Just because your annoyed or losing you patience doesn't give you the right to injure or possibly kill someone.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure those kids were knowing, what they were protesting against: Against a war, whose main purpose was to secure the western societies supply for oil. And then they got rolled over by a car that was fueled by - oil. Here we've come full circle, I'd say. Isn't that funny? (sarcasm)

I've also protested against that war. On February 15th 2003. With 7 Million other people worldwide. It didn't change a thing.

That war happened. And it's still happening. And the oil... still spilling, fueling our fast cars.

And we're on the highway to hell, aren't we?

The interesting question is - would that man also have rolled over Jesus?

Of course I'm idiotic.

And of course NOT Jesus was unwillingly murdered.

He knew what would come, and he knew, that he would have to die. Though he had the bravery to move on. That's why I love him.

And no, I'm not comparing apples to oranges.

Everyone whos propagating peace and love is walking in the footsteps of Jesus.

And every time, one of those people propagating peace gets murdered, Jesus dies once more...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Maybe it is just me but if, and I use that term loosely, I am going to lay down in front of a car, I would have a special type of suit on so it would not hurt me if the person in the car got pissed and decided to run over me. Moral of the story? Unless you are Chris Angel or what not, do not lay down in front of a car without expecting some serious consequences for your actions. As such all liability should fall onto the one getting in someone's way. I mean did you see that guy trying to scoot out of the way when he realized how stupid it was to lay in front of a vehicle? I had to laugh at that. He was like -Oh yeah I am a protester laying in front of this big truck to show what I got. Vehicle starts moving then he was like -OH sh@t, OH F$%K, WHAT THE ARRRGGGHHH!!
r
To late now man. Actions let me introduce you to my friend consequences. There is really only one kind of protest that gets things done. And it is not peaceful IMHO.

Nice Thread OP.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join