It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hippies lying down in front of cars getting run over.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

If the protest was organised, then the police would not let them lie down on the road at all! And I'm hardly posing a hypothetical argument, the emergency services are utlised by many people every day!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Conciliatore

Thoses who been facing rifles, tanks knew their lives was in danger and did it because they knew if they died it would at least maybe alarm the world medias about the status of the society we live in

And that is why I personally have openly protested war on several occasions.

And that is exactly why that girl did what she did...........not to be "cool" but it is a passionate belief, a mission to awaken the masses of compliant, dazed, distracted and dumbed down sheep that seem to still be in the majority.

We are all interconnected, like it our not.........what affects one of us, affects all of us but most people still cannot wrap their brains around this truth.

Now, this was a protest against war...........start researching about how much our government is still funneling our money into the war machine.

Our country (and I am talking about America) is owned, operated and run by the large corporations and the military complex.............just like Nazi Germany was.

Somethings never change and mankind seems doomed to keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by destination now

My daughter would never be so stupid to lie down on a road, no matter what she was protesting!

You hope.

And again, police usually accompany ambulances, they did when I worked ER.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Those protesters are idiots. Those people going to work trying to feeding their families have no say in the wars so why would you want to lay in front of a persons car who has no say in it? Protest the government, They are the ones who have a say in things.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Ancient Champion because: Forgot a letter

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Hippies?

Why are you referring to them as Hippies?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by destination now
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Not if the ambulance/fire engine is at the back or the middle of the log jam of cars, vital minutes would still be lost in getting the traffic moving and allowing the emergency vehicles through, also you don't necessarily hear the klaxons until the vehicles are very close and if these kids are all lying down in the road they'd be unlikely to see flashing lights from vehicles some way back in the queue!

Ambulances can cross the center lane and drive in the oncoming lane if required. The lane was completely clear because the kids were blocking traffic.

Your argument sucks, sorry

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I KNOW my daughter would never lie down on a road! She does her protesting via e-petitions and letters to MP's and MSP's in fact she's walked in so I'll ask her....

Yes, she's just confirmed that she'd rather do her protesting from her computer, rather than end up in a jail cell or a morgue....

And here in Scotland the police don't accompany other emergency vehicles!
edit on 7-6-2011 by destination now because: to add a bit

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
If you want people to hear your message then laying down in front of their cars is not going to get you the attention you desire. Pissing people off will only put those people againt you no matter what your cause is. Even if the person driving the car agreed with your cause you are simply turning them away from it by doing this.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Hippies?

It's strictly an ad hominem degrading device to make people feel like they are crazy for believing in civil rights.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by destination now

With an emergency you are right every second counts.........we have had DOAs that if they had, had just 20 seconds more of "time" might have made it.

But, again, usually protesters for peace will part for an ambulance, I know we were instructed to during our Vietnam protests and police usually always accompany ambulances.

There is no reason morally for anyone to run over another human being with a car on purpose.

Sorry, none.

Again, I hope you never get a phone call that your daughter gets hit or run over, I truly do - this was a act of truly inhumane proportion.

There was no ambulance in this video, the guy flat out ran right over her.

And you just won't back down and admit it was a very brutal and horrible act.

This guy, in this video, didn't want to be late for work.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

OK. In the second video, the white car crossed over the median, at a school zone. Ran over the foot of a cyclist, ran over 2 bikes and drove off. Regardless, that is felony hit and run and reckless endangerment. The driver should be in prison, have their car impounded and their license permanently suspended. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOrangeBrood

If the road was as passable as that then I'm sure the drivers being blocked would have done the same thing, so it is your argument that is flawed!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Have you ever greeted a patient, hit or run over by a car in ER?

No , but sound like funny fun fun

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

And those protesters have no right laying down in front of cars in which the driver has no say in the wars, If you want to protest someone protest the GOVERNMENT.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

If the road was as passable as that then I'm sure the drivers being blocked would have done the same thing, so it is your argument that is flawed!

Perhaps you missed the part where there were kids sitting down, spanning the entire roadway, both sides of it. The traffic is piled on ONE of the sides as the traffic is being blocked from entering the other, so they are turning at the intersection instead.

If an ambulance came, sirens roaring, in the oncoming lane, the kids would've moved I'm sure.

You're arguing against boolean traffic norms, not "my opinion".

Use your brain.
edit on 7-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Again, I hope you never get a phone call that your daughter gets hit or run over, I truly do - this was a act of truly inhumane proportion.

That is one of the most disgusting and shocking comments I have ever read here! If my daughter was run over by a car it would not be because she was lying down in the road...how very dare you say that! I am actually in tears over your comment...that was disgusting!

And I REALLY DO WISH YOU WOULD MAKE THE EFFORT TO READ MY POSTS I HAVE SAID REPEATEDLY THAT I DON'T CONDONE PEOPLE RUNNING OVER PROTESTERS!

link   

Originally posted by TheOrangeBrood

Hippies?

It's strictly an ad hominem degrading device to make people feel like they are crazy for believing in civil rights.

I'm sure it is.

And very ignorant.

link   

Hippies?

Agreed. It's also an attempt at dehumanizing the protestors by implying they are in some way subversive and deserve what they get. I'm surprised he didn't call them "commies". Actually, real hippies would be in their sixties by now, so the only possible real hippy was the guy driving the car. If you want to live in a state were protests aren't allowed, you should consider moving to a totalitarian state.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

This guy, in this video, didn't want to be late for work.

If this guy is late for his job, get fired of his workplace, do you help to put the food on his table, provide him a roof over his head ?

Do you ?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Perhaps you missed the part where there were kids sitting down, spanning the entire roadway, both sides of it. The traffic is piled on ONE of the sides as the traffic is being blocked from entering the other, so they are turning at the intersection instead.

If an ambulance came, sirens roaring, in the oncoming lane, the kids would've moved I'm sure.

You're arguing against boolean traffic norms, not "my opinion".

Use your brain.
edit on 7-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

And that was one particular road, many roads will have different layouts, the majority of the roads in the UK are single lane and as for boolean traffic norms what a pile of rubbish you are talking!

Really some people on this thread are so brainwashed by conspiracy that they cannot apply common sense!

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join