It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hippies lying down in front of cars getting run over.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
wow there are a lot of messed up posters on here. you do not derserve to run over if you sit in the road! Anyone that thinks so is really very :-# up!
Sitting on the road is a form of protest, it can beempowering and many times in the past has caused intergral change in the democratic protest.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
do not protest that inconveniences people...protest in areas that create no effect.

Not inconveniencing the public and creating an effect are not mutually exclusive. You can do both.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Disgusting, it says more about the lack of self-control shown by these drivers who think its more of a inconvenience to simply turn around and go round the block, than it is to run over a HUMAN BEING protesting about their own (and fellow being) future rights.
The prick in the first video only cared about getting to work via the quickest means possible, making 5 bucks a hour and not being late in doing so was more important than this persons life. Its a shame the Hippie movement was based on respect values, as this guy should have the karma beaten into him black & blue.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Kinda reminds me of that episode of Boondocks where R. Kelly is on trial for peeing on that girl.....

If those hippies didn't wanna get run over, they shoulda moved out of the way!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Explanation: Regardless of the hassles of being held up.... if you run over anyone you most likely won't be going home any time soon!

Here is why....

Hit and Run (vehicular) [wiki]

Hit-and-run is the act of causing (or contributing to) a traffic accident (such as colliding with a person or a fixture), and failing to stop and identify oneself afterwards. It is considered a crime in most jurisdictions.

Personal Disclosure: So the protesters are being illegal... why join them???

Edited to clarify "why join them???" ... Compare the minor hassle of being held up with potential manslaughter record and jail/gaol time!
edit on 7-6-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to add the edit.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
What's the problem with some of you guys? Saying that protesters should be run over just because they're in front of cars. One of these people in the videos could have been killed and some of you think that this is right, because "they're hippies protesting on the road and that's what that they deserve?"

For God's sake, you guys need some treatment.

So you think this is ok too?

They were protesting for better bikeways on the city and that guy just run over them. He was arrested for attempted homicide, as should everyone that does such a thing.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Those drivers need to be charged and sent to prison. I don't care what sort of "rush" they are in, how in hell does that give them the right to attempt to kill someone? Those people are straight up lunatics, they should never be on the road again. Protest or no protest, that psychotic behavior can't be justified. I feel sick from watching that. Sick people, shame on those of you who defend them. And yes, as some people mentioned, pedestrians, even if they are breaking the law *always* have the right of way, no matter what position they may be in. Jesus christ OP, check your head, maybe you disagree with their methods but saying that they deserve that and that it's "hilarious" is disgusting and frightening. I question your sanity and sense of compassion.

Originally posted by Canslli
What's the problem with some of you guys? Saying that protesters should be run over just because they're in front of cars. One of these people in the videos could have been killed and some of you think that this is right, because "they're hippies protesting on the road and that's what that they deserve?"

For God's sake, you guys need some treatment.

Agreed.
edit on 7-6-2011 by 22ndsecond because: addition

edit on 7-6-2011 by 22ndsecond because: spelling

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Explanation: Why Join Them???

Yes I know I qualified my question... I will ignore that clarity and make another point!

Maybe joining them in the sense of joining their protest... will make the outcry even bigger and maybe get something changed quikly by a grass roots movement etc!!!!

Should the outcry be... Oh damnit "I" can't get home right now etc..OR should it be about "Societies BROKEN! Lets FIX IT!" ?

Personal Disclosure: If all other peoples problems are not your problems then you are not SHARING in Society at all and are in fact a parasite!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

No you can't.

Show me.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Let me see if I Got this.... It's ok to run over kids if they are standing in the way of your routine? I threw my phone twice at how disgusting these videos are. Fight the power! Just dont prevent me from flippin patties. its ok to run kids over.....absolutely appalling. America is dead. DEAD as fried chicken. Eat up, you vultures...eat up!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Explanation: Here is the protesters point of view on this subject!

Personal Disclosure:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Explanation: There ain't no easy way out!

Personal Disclosure: But there are solutions!

Here is one about fixing bigotry! (RE: "Hippies" etc)

Are you going to be the one who stands up and be counted???

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

They would seem to be more productive than this silly meaningless/childish post.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I don't think that people have the 'right' to run anyone over, but what I think many others are saying is that sitting in the street or lying down infront of a moving vehicle is likely going to get you run over. Yes, the people who actually are crazy enough to intentionally drive over someone should be prosectuted but, it's nothing to be 'shocked' about.
If I ever had protestors sitting infront of my car and I was in a hurry to get to some place...I wouldn't run them over, but I would get angry. Some people would get angry and impatient enough not to care.
Not everyone values human life or life in general in the same way. And your average joe isn't going to care what you're protesting about.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
They're basically saying 'over my dead body.' They took their chances with these extreme protests. I see nothing done wrong. The drivers called their bluff, but too bad for them they weren't bluffing.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Goal Shack because: add

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
sit in the road and throw

2500 pennies all over the place.

ya, i need these idiots in my life.

screw all you, charge the israeli border while you're at it.

lol, the huuuu mannnsss have lost it.

have iq's suddenly dropped since i went to the movies?

they get what they deserve, hey idiots, strap on a fake vest and rush a cop!

better yet, 13stories and a sudden stop will get more attention.

don't see any of you guys under a ford, lol.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I can just see telling the boss that you were late or didn't make a sales call because the road was blocked by protestors.

I agree with others that ask why should I be inconvenienced because someone doesn't like trees being cut down, whales being killed, the draft, war, global warming, cars, G8, G20, Bilderberg and thousands of other things.

Trees are nice but I don't think we can cut them all down, never seen a whale except in pictures and videos (don't think V'GER will show up looking for whales), too old for draft or war and didn't support the protests in the 60's either, not going to live long enough to worry about global warming, if it exists, don't drive much anymore, don't have enough money to worry about G8/G20 policies and not going to live long enough to see the Bilderbergs get their act together.

If you don't like how things are run then start a business and do it your way, if you can (you will probably end up doing it like everyone else or go broke) or run for office with a platform of changing laws and policies.

Like it or not the majority is slow to change and provides a check on those that are overly passionate about their cause.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/51021214d57e.jpg[/atsimg]I'm frequently appalled by the low regard you Earthmen have for life.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

Obviously what they did was highly stupid...but do you really think the "need to be somewhere" is so important that these people have the right to run over people? What a load of crap, the drivers should be charged.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarylHamblett
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/51021214d57e.jpg[/atsimg]I'm frequently appalled by the low regard you Earthmen have for life.
It's nothing short of sickening, isn't it

No compassion = no hope.

We're all doomed to stagnate into a police state, because we can't inconvineince some poor mug. And anyone who dare stand up against a corrupt goverment is deemed a hippy, or stupid, by those who are too thick to think for themselves. Don't worry, the goverment have our best interest at heart, we don't need to think anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join