It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Strange In Chile's Earthquakes - 6 Mile By 3 Mile Rift Rips In Earths Crust!?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Dramatic isn't it ?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It even goes; "duh duh duhhhhnnnnnn!"

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
Wow 6 miles long and 3 miles wide that sound really massive, and really bad.
Does anyone know the long time implications of this. As my mind go crazy! Those pictures are something else.
I haven't seen anything on the msn about thise so far(have not been watching all day) and im not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing.(tin hat on) I also can't help but notice all the extra interest in Syria and Yemen lately. They didn't care to report when thousands(or hundreds) of protesters were getting killed. Now just before this big rift opens they start a big distraction piece.
S&F for bring this to our attention and posting those cool pics

im hoping for pics and searching regularly

Imagine seeing that open up!!!!

Like the earth yawning and suddendly *a canyon appears*

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks so much for the information on rifts. . I have read recently about long actual cracks popping up here and there . There's one 60 meters long in Pakistan. There's another one in Spain. You can videos of it in several places but it's on you tube as well. It's but a few inches to a food wide. I saw a video of that last week. There have been others. Anyway, the most interesting rift I have read about is the Great Rift Valley. Discover magazine has an article about how cracks as much as 35 miles long opened in Ethiopia in 2005.. and they think that over a very long time this could become a new sea, and separate it from the rest of Africa. Interesting stuff

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon
Sorry if i've missed it, but can someone explain to me what the implications of the rift as detailed in the op, would represent ?

Oh and yes I understand the info has now been understood to be a misconstrunement, regardless, it would be nice to know what the interest surrounding such an event is all about, and would it lead to anything ?

I am hoping that one of the resident ATS experts can explain further, as we gather information.

It does seem evidenct that there is indeed a fissure volcano eruption currently underway.

One report says 6 miles by 3, and onother reports the fissure at 3 miles by?

I think its safe to say that a this is not your typical "central volcano" eruption,
its looking more like a "fissure volcano" or maybe both.

Fissure eruptions are least common. For example, The Laki fissure eruption of 1783-1784;
managed to kill a quarter of the Icelandic population and led to the deaths of thousands
throughout Europe, due to poisoning and extreme cold.

edit on 6-6-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
For some time I have look’t at the earth quakes.
quakes.globalincidentmap.com...
I have seen a Lot of earth quakes around
the North Pacific Ocean.
Mad as this sounds.
I think they are trying to raise the Pacific Ocean plate.
you have seen the flood maps of America?
when they raise the plate it will flood most of the world.
the Tsunamis will Wash the World Clean!!!
and thats what they wont. New world order.
are you one of the 500,000?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
My heart sinks every time I see or read about this happening. Rift or fissures to me doesn't matter what it shows me is that the things I have been shown and told by the ones you call Alien's is all slowly coming to light. It will continue sadly and worsen until the event occurs.

I have sent you a PM regarding this comment, please receive it well.

This volcano is highly interesting. Didnt the swedish volcano Ooll-fa-loo-gal (thats how it sounds when pronounced, but spelt very differently) have a similar thing happen???

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon
Sorry if i've missed it, but can someone explain to me what the implications of the rift as detailed in the op, would represent ?

Oh and yes I understand the info has now been understood to be a misconstrunement, regardless, it would be nice to know what the interest surrounding such an event is all about, and would it lead to anything ?

Oh and if anyone can correct my spelling mistakes that would be a bonus

S+F op, great thread
edit on 6-6-2011 by solargeddon because: forgot to praise

Here's the fixed version, since you asked for it:

I'm sorry if I've missed it, but can someone explain to me what the implications are of the rift as detailed in the OP, and what it represents?

Yes, I understand the information has now been understood to be misconstrued a bit, regardless, it would be nice to know what the interest is in such an event, what it is all about, and would it lead to anything?

Oh and if anyone can correct my spelling mistakes that would be a bonus

I just did, not only spelling, but also grammar. I'm a Grammar Nazi. Hehehe.

However, I'm curious too. WTF does a rift mean on the (unpronounceable spanish names) caldera? Why is this being reported if it DOESN'T mean something bad? Can ANYONE explain that? Does it set off a chain reaction or something? New Ice Age? Interesting topic with no repercussions? Why just facts, and no analysis? C'mon folks, give us laymen a chance.

The experts, (err, silver and gold contributors, hehehe) should be laying things out on a scale, say, 1 to 10, and give a brief analysis, and say whether this is worth following or not. That would be SUPER cool. Anyone of you up to it?

Personally, being a layman, I'm ranking this as a 3, saying the atmosphere absorbs any extraneous ash, and life goes on as usual. Definitely not an ELE. A minor burp. Mild concern. Eh?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

I think the number you were looking for is 500,000,000 Bud. Got to keep things straight around here you know?

They must be in China they way the engineer just keeps waving.

edit on 6-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

In this case the rift eruption might be a good thing. Puyehue is a stratovolcano, this eruption may be relieving pressure which might otherwise cause an eruption there.

Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by matito

Yes, its extreme. You will like this photo for sure!

Lightning strikes over the Puyehue volcano, over 500 miles south of Santiago, Chile,
Monday June 6, 2011.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0c881ef0e3b5.jpg[/atsimg]

AP Photo/Francisco Negroni, AgenciaUno)

I would love to be able to see that in person! Such a display of power from Mother Earth. What is going on? What's your opinion? I'm trying to get something official from the experts.

www.boston.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I hope your line of thinking is right.

Its quite the spectacular display of ash the plumes are massive...dare I ask since I am no expert...

Are there patterns to draw on, in the history of eruptions?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Nice pics

really just posting to pin the thread.
Just imagine if Yellowstone ever erupted.

I agree, awesome pics.

I thought you could hit the Subscribe button beneath the Flag icon, it's small, but it's there, and I use that when I'm mobile and can't post a long post but want to read a thread. Hint, hint.

I have imagined that, several dreams, but I like to overload my mind so it has something to dream about. Yellowstone would be close to home, and that is why I am on a conspiracy website. Survivalists flock here. We are in good company.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by burntheships

In this case the rift eruption might be a good thing. Puyehue is a stratovolcano, this eruption may be relieving pressure which might otherwise cause an eruption there.

Just a thought.

Can you give us an analysis? Scale it one to ten? I said in a previous post here it was a three on the interest scale. Can you confirm that?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I apologise To Ships if I was disruptive.

So What exactly are we looking at here. Two separate fissure eruptions if I'm not mistaken, are a rare occurence
at the same time?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

DOES NO-ONE UNDERSTAND WHAT IS GOING ON????

Volcanoes are distractions from Japanese Radiation OR are aimed at assisting the reduction?

Where is the radiation? NORTHERN HEMISPHERE
What is the Current World Population? 6.92 BILLION
What is the percentage of that population in the Northern Hemisphere? 90%
If those 90% die from Radiation, that leaves 10%, what is 10% of 6.92 Billion? 692,000,000
692,000,000 is very close to 500,000,000!!!!!!!

WAKE UP!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by randyvs

DOES NO-ONE UNDERSTAND WHAT IS GOING ON????

Volcanoes are distractions from Japanese Radiation OR are aimed at assisting the reduction?

Where is the radiation? NORTHERN HEMISPHERE
What is the Current World Population? 6.92 BILLION
What is the percentage of that population in the Northern Hemisphere? 90%
If those 90% die from Radiation, that leaves 10%, what is 10% of 6.92 Billion? 692,000,000
692,000,000 is very close to 500,000,000!!!!!!!

WAKE UP!!!!!!!

Oh well excuse me for not being aware of the numbers buff. Thanks for the info in laymens though. Still don't feel like a dumbass. Care to try again? Been awake since 9:30 this morning. That's right on time according to my unemployed monday schedule.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It wasn't meant as an insult, I apologise, and the original target of 500,000,000 may be the aim, as per the Georgia Guidestones.

The 'WAKE UP!!!!' is aimed at everyone.

Once again, sorry that this seemed aimed personally at you, this is my attempt at trying to give you a bit more depth to your comment.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Well any post concerning the radiation prolly makes me a lil snippy so apology returned. I'm actually impressed with your thought's.
I'm in the north and not liking anything I hear about Fuki.

Staggering to say the least.

I hate thinking about how much hair I've been losing lately.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by randyvs

It wasn't meant as an insult, I apologise, and the original target of 500,000,000 may be the aim, as per the Georgia Guidestones.

The 'WAKE UP!!!!' is aimed at everyone.

Once again, sorry that this seemed aimed personally at you, this is my attempt at trying to give you a bit more depth to your comment.

A rift in a Chilean caldera says that radiation will wipe out ninety percent of the population, which the Georgia Guidestones says is ok, because the whole world population should be five million instead of six point seven billion.

Sigh. That's alot of work for five million people. Yanno, the rebuilding, radiation zones, zombies. Meh, the Guidestones in Georgia, USA, should be toppled by a bunch of zombies. Zombies will breed as they like. Population limits, really? Sound like communism, uhm perhaps China.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join