Something Strange In Chile's Earthquakes - 6 Mile By 3 Mile Rift Rips In Earths Crust!?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance
I was searching for pictures to contribute, but alas even my exceptional skills are lacking for this. All the photos I find are either very far away or are of ash clouds, perhaps when this dies down we'll be able to see the rift itself.
Nasa's Aqua Satellite caught the photo linked, but I have no idea how to resize it.. again more ash clouds really.

Here ya go:

Original Source

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Thanks for an interesting thread.
Look's like an expanding earth to me!!!
But what would i know
edit on 6-6-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
We have lived in a time of immense calm for our planet.

The forces of natures at times past have altered shown powers and forced inconceivable to our mindset.

We are lulled by the every day thinking what is now is what always has been.

The reality is that such a opening is small compared to some of the forces unleashed in times passed.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
ok, so if im reading the ATS info right...the eruption is not coming from the 'old caldrea' but from a 'fissure' someplace in the existing 'rift' area away from the summit of the 'caldrea'. this 'rift' area is pre-existing and has not suddenly been formed in a dayish...this seems more plauseable than what MSM seems to be reporting..that a 'new rift' has been 'torn' and is some type of huge 'fissure' that formed recently.
we have pics of the ash cloud but dont seem to have pics of the actual eruption area..the place where the eruption is coming out of the ground...probably not the easiest spot to get to

hmmm...untill further notice..i'm sticking with the ATS version

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plumbduff
Some FANTASTIC pictures on here of the Volcano, lightning and ashcloud
>>>> www.dailymail.co.uk...
You posted this link, yet some people are still asking "where are the pics?". I guess they didn't read the thread. I agree, those photos are great!

Here's the first one, a time-lapse photo:

Can you imagine seeing something like this before modern science, having only primitive tribal beliefs and knowledge? "Surely the gods must be angry" is the first thought that popped into my head when I saw those photos. But now that we understand pretty much how and why all that happens, it still doesn't make it any less spectacular a sight!

Good job Chadwickus, on cutting through the MSM confusion/misinterpretation. As Phage said, this isn't too unusual on scientific topics.
edit on 6-6-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
the current state of volcanic eruptions and the new research being spoon fed to us on magma chambers, earthquakes and even the moon/sun gravitational fluctuations effects on magma...

all of this information is being combined and we are seeing evidence of our inner earth's Venus system of magma.
edit on 6/6/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Id really like to see a pic of this epic 6 mile by 3 mile rift.

Ive searched the interwebs pretty well and still i cant find it, just multiple text reports of the rift.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

some more (great) photos
www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit^
sorry, missed plumduff quote from the daily mail...
edit on 6/6/2011 by maoklein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
If a volcano is seening lava up it's old tube but is blocked I think it can thenput preasure on a large are and eventually will take the easiest path forming new volcanos like The Three Sisters in Oregon, if a fissure opened maybe lava is trying to move that dirrection.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

There has not been an eruption in the caldera in historical times. They have all occurred in the rift zone north of the caldera.

Puyehue-Cordón Caulle volcano in Central Chile is a complex of 2 volcanoes: Puyehue volcano and the fissure system of Cordón Caulle. Puyehue volcano has a 2.4 km wide summit caldera, but historical eruptions occurred at the Cordón Caulle rift zone.

www.volcanodiscovery.com...
edit on 6/6/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
We have lived in a time of immense calm for our planet.

The forces of natures at times past have altered shown powers and forced inconceivable to our mindset.

We are lulled by the every day thinking what is now is what always has been.

The reality is that such a opening is small compared to some of the forces unleashed in times passed.

You read my mind, really!

I was thinking along these lines as I posted. Of course for us little ants on the face of the planet,
calm is good!

The Telegraph has some nice video footage as well, and they still have the story up as well
on the rift.

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 6-6-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
UPDATE 06/06 – 16:36 UTC : Latest photos in HD from “El Mercurio”, chilean newspaper (with thanks to Juan Perez).

The best pictures I have found so far are here, absolutely stunning!
www.emol.com...

Nice footage here from the Associated Press of the ash plumes, and
lightning.

And equally as well here by RT

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Been watching the EQ's there for awhile now and strangely enough the Mags are on a level with Japan. Not quite the frequency but the intensity is basically the same. And it just doesn't seem to be letting up does it?

One thing that has been at the back of my mind lately is with all the activity going on there and now this rift, why has Bush bought up those 100,000 acres?

Bush would have all the info ahead of time to know what is going on down there and what will happen. I believe he might even know of the increase in EQ's and what it may or may not mean to his chosen escape pad. I know it's not Chile, but close enough IMO.

Just a random series of thoughts that I have not yet been able to make sense of yet. Maybe someone else can?

portland.indymedia.org...

As George W. Bush surveys his empire and sees it crumbling around him, with two lost wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, and with the U.S. public fed up with his domestic policies, apparently Dubya has decided that the best way to save his worthless hide is to run and hide in Paraguay.

And yet now foreigners are not allowed to buy huge plots down in Argentina:

economicsnewspaper.com...

Foreigners can not buy more than 1 000 ha farm, the statement said. And they will never own more than 20% of the country. A register shall be made in the coming weeks to know the exact figures of the foreign presence in Argentina.

Water? One of the largest fresh water acquifiers in the World. Right under Bush and not too far from these activities. One thing about Bush, he's a sneaky one. hmmm?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Thats very interesting, especially about the water aquifer.
I am sure Bush and Daddy Bush have a lot of informaiton they are privy to
that they just cant share with the rest of us.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Someone had mentioned the split that occured in Eritiea. and had looked at a map and this is the most logical expansion of that rift!

Please do explain how that could be a logical expansion of this rift zone?

I am waiting to be educated since obviously many years of geography and geology have done nothing for me.

Edit: Here is a map to help you with the 'logic, reality and common sense'.

edit on 6/6/2011 by PuterMan because: To add a map

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Prior to this latest volcanic activity, the last recorded eruption of Puyehue-Cordón Caulle was in 1990 and was relatively small. The last VEI 3 or greater eruption was in 1960 (possibly triggered by the great Chilean earthquake of 1960).

Information about the ongoing current eruption:

The eruption itself occurred northeast of the vents that were active during the 1960 eruption - if you look at the geologic map of the volcanic complex, you might notice that little half-circles are marked northeast of the red area that demarcates the 1960 activity. These half-circles are partially buried craters of previous eruptions, suggesting that this is not an entirely new center of activity.

This type of activity at Puyehue-Cordón Caulle (and a lot of the central Andes) is not atypical - large explosive eruptions from subsidiary vents on larger volcanoes are known at Quizapu (Chile) and Hauynaputina (Peru) (and likely more).

If you're interested in the relationship between the 1960 eruption and the major Chilean earthquake of that same year, check out this article from the Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research. I'm sure that many people will be looking to see if there is any connection between this eruption of Puyehue-Cordon Caulle and the large Chilean earthquake of 2010.bigthink.com...

Inset Maps from the Big Think site:

twitpic.com...

edit on 6-6-2011 by burntheships because: spelling, format, add content and all that

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Live broadcast Volcan Puyehue-Nube

Live news - C5N
edit on 6-6-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Eruptions Continue in Chilean Volcano Chain

www.youtube.com...

Massive Volcano eruption Chile Puyehue-Cordón Caulle Chili Massive ash clouds. 05-06-2011

www.youtube.com...

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant
read more: Ora.TV's Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant