It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Debunked?

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I am glad your back so I can drop the bomb explaination. I am still having Cat issues so bear with me....he needs his meds so give me a moment. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Li'l Bastard Clawed me! Wouldn't take his pill! Have to hide it in a small lump of butter then hold his mouth close! SOB....I am bleading....hold on. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
OK....The gem stone thing I read in one of my Discover Mags....I will look up the issue latter. The Photon Micro-mass....I have known for a lonf time and it is hottly debated...but true....I will see if I can also find a credible site for you later also.

Still Bleeding all over....hold on a sec. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Back and bandaged! LOL!

OK....at the heart of the issue is what specifically is causing Space/Time to warp and does the amount of mass correlate to weight in the same sense for every type of particle.

We know that light will bend toward a wapature in Time/Space....we know that mass will create a warpature such as the Suns greater gravity well capturing celestial bodies like Earth and as long as they were moving to begin with at an angle away from the warp....they will obtain an orbit....if not....they will fall into the sun.

But here it is....the Geometric construct of Gravity say the warp created by our sun....is not consistant with the amount of mass that should create such a warpature of space/time. Now acadamia will say that statement is HOGWASH....since they look at all the visible or detectable models of celestial mechanics and see a congruentcy. This is because...this is all they have to work with.

When Hawking started working with models of Blackholes....he drove himself bonkers....because the singularity that was created exceeded what the amount of mass....even if the collapsed star was a super giant....and taking into account all matter and energy over time that would fall into the Blackhole.....excedded the effect or warpeture of created singularity....to continue....still there? Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
UGH, I forgot to mention it earlier but Philip Coppens, author of "The Ancient Alien Question: A New Inquiry Into the Existence, Evidence, and Influence of Ancient Visitors." is on The Paracast tonight, playing right now actually but will be available for podcast download by tomorrow morning...

The Paracast

Phil Coppens is the dude that looks like he just walked off the set of "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" or something like that...
edit on 6-11-2011 by Toxicsurf because: fixed broken link

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

While what you guys (you, nv4711, etc) are talking about is way over my head (right now) I find it very interesting none-the-less. I have done some reading on all this stuff and found that Brian Greene's "The Elegant Universe" put some of it at least in layman's terms, and gave me somewhat of a base or a start to understand a bit more. I'm definitely stirred to read and/or research this more when I have the time and quiet, and time, and time...

thanx...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Your comment on Neutrino velocity experiments....also is related to this as they got a glimpse into the true nature and existance of a specific particle that was acting as if it was there....but then maybe....was not there.

A basic experiment with light....cut a slit in a piece of cardboard say half an inch across and 12 inches long....shine a light at it and with all the other lights off in the house...watch the patterns of light lines that will be on say a wall that is 3 or 4 ft away....the Photons are choosing where to go or rather....acting as if they are existing in multiple states or numbers. Basic example of Quantum Reality.

This is the point....particles of mass and energy that make up our reality....are actually existing in constructs of OTHER REALITIES. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf

While what you guys (you, nv4711, etc) are talking about is way over my head (right now) I find it very interesting none-the-less. I have done some reading on all this stuff and found that Brian Greene's "The Elegant Universe" put some of it at least in layman's terms, and gave me somewhat of a base or a start to understand a bit more. I'm definitely stirred to read and/or research this more when I have the time and quiet, and time, and time...

thanx...

Thanks for the understanding and patience....also...thanks for the nice comment. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

thanx...

Yeah, can only add to Split's comment... Sorry for going a wee bit off topic here... I promise we'll squeeze in an Ancient Alien Astronaut very soon :-)
And don't worry, I'm not sure I still know what the he** I'm talking about here :-))

BTW, can you check that podcast link, looks like it's broken... Thanks !
edit on 6-11-2011 by nv4711 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
Your comment on Neutrino velocity experiments....also is related to this as they got a glimpse into the true nature and existance of a specific particle that was acting as if it was there....but then maybe....was not there.

A basic experiment with light....cut a slit in a piece of cardboard say half an inch across and 12 inches long....shine a light at it and with all the other lights off in the house...watch the patterns of light lines that will be on say a wall that is 3 or 4 ft away....the Photons are choosing where to go or rather....acting as if they are existing in multiple states or numbers. Basic example of Quantum Reality.

This is the point....particles of mass and energy that make up our reality....are actually existing in constructs of OTHER REALITIES. Split Infinity

Split .... You're either a freakin Genius and should go and collect your Nobel prize... or... uh..well ;-))
Why don't you start a thread on this? That way we don't unduly test the patience of the other posters in this thread and the revolution in Physics can take its course.. and if anything you say is true, I want my college tuition fees back :-)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

I am just a guy who loves women...likes beer....got sucked into something by family....and posts to releave stress. LOL! OH....and I like cats....little SOB! Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

reply to post by nv4711

I am just a guy who loves women...likes beer....got sucked into something by family....and posts to releave stress. LOL! OH....and I like cats....little SOB! Split Infinity

Women and beer.... Now you're talking...!
Maybe I'll start a thread on the subject, just have to think something up that makes sense for everyone.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Ancient Aliens teach Humans how to make BEER! Now THERE is a topic! LOL! Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Ancient Aliens teach Humans how to make BEER! Now THERE is a topic! LOL! Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

FUNNIEST THING I HAVE SEEN THIS YEAR! LOL! GOOD ONE! Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

thanx...

@Toxicsurf: Quick tip since you mentioned it, PBS has a 2 part series of The Elegant Universe, pt 1 already aired, but part 2 is on PBS on November 9, hosted by Greene himself. "check your local listings" :-)
edit on 6-11-2011 by nv4711 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nv4711
BTW, can you check that podcast link, looks like it's broken... Thanks

again properly...
Paracast link

Link fixed, sorry about that. If you want to listen to the show now, click on the "open on-demand player" to the top left of the page. I think they just replay the live show through the night and then post up a link for downloading the whole show later (always there in the morning when I check)...

I've been listening for about an hour and its quite interesting. Coppens isn't black and white on the subject at all and doesn't buy into a lot of the supposed evidence for AA...
edit on 6-11-2011 by Toxicsurf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

BTW, can you check that podcast link, looks like it's broken... Thanks

again properly...
Paracast link

Link fixed, sorry about that. If you want to listen to the show now, click on the "open on-demand player" to the top left of the page. I think they just replay the live show through the night and then post up a link for downloading the whole show later (always there in the morning when I check)...

I've been listening for about an hour and its quite interesting. Coppens isn't black and white on the subject at all and doesn't buy into a lot of the supposed evidence for AA...
edit on 6-11-2011 by Toxicsurf because: (no reason given)

Thanks! I just posted earlier that PBS shows The Elegant Universe... see above...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

@Toxicsurf: Quick tip since you mentioned it, PBS has a 2 part series of The Elegant Universe, pt 1 already aired, but part 2 is on PBS on November 9, hosted by Greene himself. "check your local listings" :-)

Cool, thanx so much for that. I think I may have seen some of this before? Or is this new? Either way I'll try and check it out somehow. I don't have TV access right now but may be in a hotel that night, so hopefully I can check it out. I know they usually re-run their shows frequently after the initial debut so I'll keep my eye out for part one also...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

Ha, I'll see your "interesting man" and raise you a Georgio...

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join