It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Debunked?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
For those of you at home keeping score, notice the arguments that Sitchin's apologists are using. Never can they tell us why disconfirming facts are not in fact disconfirming facts, but they instead rely on attacking the source of those facts. Never are these sources wrong based on facts and evidence but they are wrong based on who they are. Sitchin's apologists show us how closed-minded they are, inventing excuses not to look at evidence that might challenge their beliefs.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
They were told about them.

They were drawn in the Egyptian heiroglyphics.

Really? Interesting.

Show me.

link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

if ET's did not travel to our planet in our very distant past (AND CREATE US), how then do you suppose that humans were created?

Millions of years of evolution.

Oh I stress the emphasis on the word CREATED because that is what the very bible ( or any other biblical text) states when describing human origin.

Anxiously awaiting....

I don't believe the Bible. So what if the Bible says it or any other book. It doesn't make it so.

By the way, I noticed you are trying to change the subject away from facts and evidence showing Sitchin is wrong. You have once again show anything you say about this topic is completely irrelevant.

EVOLUTION????????????????

Humans are the result of millions of years of evolution?????? You have now debunked yourself.

Tell me, why are there still primates in the zoo??

And fish?

And birds?

Obviously, the primates DNA (which is 96% of ours) had to be altered.

Who did the altering?
Obviously a more advanced species...

DONE.

edit on 5-6-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

It makes Sitchin wrong.
Why are there only 12 planets in on Seal VA 243? The dots Sitchin claims represent planets?
www.erikparker.com...

edit on 6/5/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
For those of you at home keeping score

Why are these 'debunkers' not offering up their account of our ancient history, including the way humans were created?

Surely if that account is plausible then we have a real debate to attend.

if not, what is their point?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

It makes Sitchin wrong.
Why are there only 12 planets in on Seal VA 243? The dots Sitchin claims represent planets?
www.erikparker.com...

makes him wrong about what?

The number of planets as known by ancient man?

We are debating the Ancient Alien theory itself, not "oops, he may have been wrong about the number of planets"

Again (as always), this shows nothing in the way that the AAT is incorrect.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
the debunking in this post is just as much speculation as in aah....so this post is garbage....

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I thought the aliens from Nibiru told their slaves (us) about the planets. It looks like you think so too.

They were told about them.

They were drawn in the Egyptian heiroglyphics.

The aliens didn't know how many planets there are?
BTW, I'd like to see those hieroglyphs too.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

You are just deciding what is and what isn't evidence based on what you feel like believing. I guess I'm doing the same, all we can do is that.

You can't give me a source besides Heiser. He has personally admitted to many of Sitchin's translations being correct. You are yet to address that? Why is he only correct sometimes but wrong about those major things?

What you keep avoiding is my major question, what makes these people's translations more accurate? How does one go upon learning this stuff? Isn't it ALL based on word of mouth?

I never once said Sitchin was right, just that the only one claiming he is wrong is Heiser. I'm yet to see these "Assyriologists" you speak of giving an alternative to Sitchin. You jumped right on the generic "Sitchin apologist" argument, when I never once stated my beliefs on it all, just that you can't use Heiser as your one single source.

Anyways this is a dumb argument, it really only goes in circles. You're gonna say I'm ignorant and I'm gonna say the same right back at you. You're gonna say everything you provide is scientific fact and so on. Same argument over and over again, yet you can't come to the understanding that all of these translations are based on our faith in the people doing the translation.

I'm gonna leave old Sitchin to rest and get back to the topic: Ancient Alien theory.

edit on 5-6-2011 by eleventhsun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
There is a much deeper plot to this Ancient Alien theory that people are over looking. Found this article at Educate-Yourself.org

The Coming "Official" Announcement of the Alien Presence on Earth
What is going on? Something very sinister is going on. Polls reveal that over 90% of the Americans people believe in UFO's and 95% of these people believe the government is keeping this knowledge from the public. But Why? Are they afraid the people will panic if an "Official" announcement were made? Hardly. Such an announcement would create interest and excitement and many questions, particularly by the churches, but do not panic. Why then the continued cover-up? There is overwhelming evidence in the past several years from "Whistle Blowers" retired military officers who have finally said, "Enough is enough! It's time the government told the people the truth!" These officers, such as Navy Intelligence officer, William Cooper, Major John Lear (whose father founded the Lear Jet Corp.) and Air Force officer William English, to name but a few, have all discovered the truth, and at the risk of their very lives, are trying to alert YOU to the secrets behind the UFO's and the Alien Presence on this earth. These people worked on the secret projects, had access to 'classified' Top Secret documents , had seen with there own eyes 'captured' aliens, or extraterrestrial entities, UFO's and the incredible technology they brought with them.

Full Article: educate-yourself.org...

edit on 5-6-2011 by FadeProof because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

It's quite convenient that while we're believing we evolved from apes the people of elite status and apparent holders of knowledge are worshiping giant reptiles and owls and divine beings.

We can just wait for that missing link forever while we have less chromosomes and are light years in advance to most animals on the planet. Yet we can't survive this planet without adapting it to us, while every other animal has natural (and amazing) ways of adapting to their environment.

Karl Marx thought Darwinism was a wonderful form of control and maintaining a society free of any sense of being unique or individual.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FadeProof

Author Unknown
(likely posted in the early 1990's)

And we're still waiting for

The Coming "Official" Announcement of the Alien Presence on Earth

educate-yourself.org...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Winged Bull I agree 100 %. Primates start showing up in fossil records around 60-85 million years ago, in between 85 and 25 million years primates only went through a few evolutionary changes. 60 million years pass by and primates barely change then all of a sudden in between 20-15 million years ago up to present day Hominidae show up and we go through over 20 significant anatomical changes. Theres something missing. Someone please tell me?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Aliens tampered with our DNA. Simple.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Nothing is invented out of thin air, it would violate the very definition of INVENT.

It is possible that whoever made the figure had knowledge of aerodynamics but for proponents of AAH to claim that aliens are the one who gave that to them is too big a gap in logic. Perhaps the ancients were smarter than we thought, in fact I'd say that's very likely and just how smart only time will tell but until we find some physical evidence bringing aliens into it doesn't make sense.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by newkid

I never denied the possibility that aliens exist, in fact I think it very likely that extraterrestrial life does exist elsewhere in the cosmos. I do think it is a REMOTE possibility that aliens have visited earth, issue is we have no evidence to suggest such a thing and thus no reason to believe it.

reply to post by Jugtalicus

I would also like to add that my belief is that history channel has been so dumbed down and saturated with nonsense that it really shouldnt be taken too seriously anymore.

On the one hand I can understand why they might want to resort to something like this, it sells to the masses, it's pop culture and it does get some people interested in ancient history even if it points them in the wrong direction. But yeah it is disappointing to see that this sort of thing has become History Channel's bread and butter. Between 2012, Nostradamus, Monster Quest and Ancient Aliens the amount of actual History on History channel is greatly reduced.

Thanks for the accolades

reply to post by ObvTruth

Than why do we see no evidence of that? We have an excellent lineage of transitional fossils from ape to man and a good grasp on human genetics and thus far there isn't a shred of evidence of outside tampering. Simple.
edit on 5-6-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Can someone (hopefully the OP) please offer even the briefest guess of how "ancient" humans cut, lifted, transported, and placed 1200 TON stones into various positions around the world. Cutting them with precision and achieving designs only achievable through lasers and modern computers, mind you. I've noticed the OP offers absolutely no "debunking" explanations of how this could possibly have been done. And please don't say: "Well, just because we don't know how they did it, doesn't mean they couldn't do it!"
No. Today we can barely lift mass that heavy and achieve such precision with our modern technology.
Of course its simple to "debunk" the drawings, religious aspects of AAH, Nazca lines, flying chariots, artifacts that seem to represent airplanes; that's because we can only speculate what the people of that time were thinking or trying to represent with the above-mentioned things.
Lifting and cutting 5-1200 TON stones is not speculation, though. It is science. We can test this science and try to replicate their actions regarding the mechanics of their structures and designs. Conveniently you left out even a mere guess as to how the ancients were able to achieve this. Unless of course you're claiming that these supposed con-men who you claim are pushing the AAH theory in order to profit from it; are making that up too.
Cheers!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

The gap from being Apes, beings who act soly on instict and throw their own feces and Humans who are able to think, feel emotions, built, create languages and defy nature and be smart enough to create a way to fly is a huge gap. It would make sense that we would have to get some sort of "boost". Alien DNA tampering fits the gap. Simple

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

So it would be much more fitting to have them showing us people doing impossible feats that would need modern or advanced technology to accomplish being achieved by early man with stone tools and rope?

And no we don't have enough fossil evidence, because there is still that "missing link" always will be. That's how they will get away with this theory. The missing link would have to be hundreds of links. This is a transformation not an evolution. Why the less chromosome then? That is an evolution?
edit on 5-6-2011 by eleventhsun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MindfulReason

I'm not a historian, please direct your question at someone truly qualified to answer it. To be honest there are numerous plausible hypotheses for how structures like the pyramids were built. And yes I will say that simply because we haven't figured it out yet doesn't mean we can insert aliens as a convenient filler explanation. Many of these places remain a mystery which is exactly what leaves them open for speculation by proponents of AAH.

Egyptian Pyramid Constructon Techniques

A portion of this wikipedia article is dedicated to Baalbek, which I believe is what you're referring to when you mention 1200 ton blocks Baalbek

reply to post by ObvTruth

The gap from being Apes, beings who act soly on instict and throw their own feces and Humans who are able to think, feel emotions, built, create languages and defy nature and be smart enough to create a way to fly is a huge gap.

You obviously no a total of nothing about apes if you think they act solely on instinct. Great apes, those closest related to us, think, feel emotions, have complex communication and can build tools, they even go to war over territory like we humans do. Filling in any perceived gap in our Evolution with 'alien tampering' constitutes just another fallacious argument from ignorance.

reply to post by eleventhsun

There is more than enough fossil evidence to prove evolution and if that weren't enough the genetic evidence has proved even better at showing how closely related we are. And yes sometimes a loss of genetic information can be evolution. There are single-celled organisms that have more DNA than we do.

Humans and Chimps

There's no room for genetic tampering from aliens.
edit on 5-6-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join