It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Debunked?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by eleventhsun
This stone is also from the same quarry, it weighs 800 t and was moved. Love how it says "probably" moved using ropes.. Probably my ass.

Why not?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObvTruth
*Attempts to make this thread interesting again*

Well since the AAH is such utter BS how come Ancient man knew so much about the stars and builded structures that aligned with the stars?

Because their lives depended on knowing when to plant their crops?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Hello all, see we are still in grid lock of the thought highway...Wonder why?
Could we all be right? Could we all be wrong? could we all realize that we are all here, because we are not "ALL" there? (Pun intended Phage LOL)
the problem here is that we go by accepted sciences and propaganda. we are learner's of one another, if one hears something, we run too the masses saying "I have it "All" figured out!" but yet there it leads too even more tribulation and inconsistencies of argument and debate. We are merely speculating, even with the Sumerian Cueineform texts being relatively completed, even the scientists and archeologists don't want to try to translate any more. They are not even sure if the translations are true to their word.

"It's not such a word means king," Roth says. "It's a matter of understanding the thousands and thousands of references to the word king in every document in every period."

A prime example of what I was trying to explain about these issues becoming mundane and rather tedious for the PTB.

Roth notes that after arriving at the university in 1979, she asked to work on the word witness or witnessing. That took four to five years. On the other hand, there might be just a dozen references to a jar holding grain and that research could be complete in an afternoon.

We now view this issue as a more complex and rather indecipherable attempt to understanding these matters of ancient times. It truly gets lost in translation, but I for one am not giving up with the ease of too much, too little too late kind of scenario ideologies.

Now that the dictionary is finished, Roth says there's a feeling of tremendous accomplishment and "a little bit of a sense of loss.... This has occupied my waking and sleeping moments for 32 years. You dream this stuff."
The end also brings a realization as more tablets are unearthed, more discoveries will be made.

"You Dream this stuff"? What the heck is that suppose too mean? It wasn't even finished as they have openly admitted by stating "The end also brings a realization that more tablets are being unearthed, and more discoveries will be made."
Got to admit Phage, sounds as if they are quitting in trying to figure the ancients all out. They are not and were not prepared for the onslaught of tremendous and incalculable variances of the translation from what was presented. For a moment their I thought that these issues may come to rest with translational evidence and conjecture to the masses of either the Ancient Alien theorists or the skeptics and the MS scientists too either gloat or wave their white flags. But what happened, we, the evolved are giving up the most important discovery of human kind by way of the straight thinking unexcited scientists and the cronies that follow such people.

I am giving all of the a fore mention authors credit, they have brought up issues and put true litigation in the after thought of who and why we are here implications. I read the complete articles with the wiki and the PDF, they are all pretty much the same people arguing, though what seems impractical as of right now may very well prove to be the absolute truth of such matters.

Source from above quotes:
Ancient World Dictionary Finished? HA!!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

"It's like driving a Porsche off the lot and looking in the Blue Book (listing a car's worth) and seeing how much value it's lost," Stolper says. "The moment it's done, it's out of date."

Biggs says the scholars are satisfied with the final version, but there is that lingering temptation.

"It might be nice to start over," he says, "but no one has the courage to do it anymore."

Real sturdy these guys are, if you come so far, why not go the distance?
edit on 043030p://5274 by Allred5923 because: [ quotes ]

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

*Attempts to make this thread interesting again*

Well since the AAH is such utter BS how come Ancient man knew so much about the stars and builded structures that aligned with the stars?

Because their lives depended on knowing when to plant their crops?

That can be one of many reasons. But it seems all the majorly Advanced Ancient Civilizations had a vast understanding about the stars, more than we do today.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ObvTruth

More than we do today? Can you provide an example?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Absolutely my point of view as well ObvTruth!!
Planting crops is a menial and required labor for survival, but knowing our place in the cosmos is rather a far leap from being a farmer, hunter gatherer or what ever arguments that are brought to the table for honest debate.
The OP created this thread on the shoulders of the past arguments. Nothing new and nothing "Debunked" as usual.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

4th century star chart.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Can you explain how that demonstrates "more than we do today".
BTW, that's a 9th century copy.
www.aip.org...

edit on 6/5/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Let me rephrase..They may know just as much or more than we do. The star map proves they knew something.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

It proves they saw pictures in the sky. So did the Greeks. So did the Romans.
We call them constellations. I like to make up my own when I'm bored at night.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by anti72

reply to post by ButterCookie

I thought the aliens from Nibiru told their slaves (us) about the planets. It looks like you think so too.

They were told about them.

They were drawn in the Egyptian heiroglyphics.

The aliens didn't know how many planets there are?
BTW, I'd like to see those hieroglyphs too.

still waiting for those ´hieroglyphs ´..

www.youtube.com...
www.burlingtonnews.net...
www.youtube.com...
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

4th century star chart.

EXACTLY.

And, for example, the Dogon tribe of Africa knew about the Sirius star system, one that modern man has just discovered in the last century.

People that disagree with the AAT feel that modern man was always 'accidentally' finding out about things...

The Dark Ages was called 'dark' for a reason...that's when our true history was erased/stolen from us and we had to start all over again.
edit on 5-6-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

They were told about them.

They were drawn in the Egyptian heiroglyphics.

Link 1: Not Egyptian hieroglyphs and it just spouts Sitchin's nonsense.
Link 2: Not Egyptian hieroglyphs and nothing about 12 planets.
Link 3: Not Egyptian and nothing about 12 planets.
Link 4: See response to Link 1 and again, shouldn't there be 15 planets if Nibiru is one of them?

Still waiting.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
And how come the Tikal Pyramids and Stone Henge are in alignment with the Pyramids on Mars?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

"Phage, I am your Liberator....Come....Come to the dark side Phage....We await your arrival!!!!" BBbbooooooHhhhaahhaahaaha!!! LOL

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

What pyramids on Mars? You mean the "D & M pyramid"?
It isn't.
Cydonia

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

What pyramids on Mars? You mean the "D & M pyramid"?
It isn't.
Cydonia

Fair enough. But the Great Pyramids still align with the stars..

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by eleventhsun
reply to post by pjslug

I hope you are joking. They look like light bulbs. They have a coil going through the bulb and wires coming from the bottom. They are also being held by the giant humanoids while the smaller ones support the ends.

Are you serious? It is so obvious that those are snakes. They have heads. You are just seeing what you want to see. Snap out of it.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

That's debatable. But so what?
So what if the Egyptians used a very familiar constellation as the layout. What "advanced knowledge" does that take. You can see Orion's belt yourself.

There is only one Great Pyramid.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

That's debatable. But so what?
So what if the Egyptians used a very familiar constellation as the layout. What "advanced knowledge" does that take. You can see Orion's belt yourself.

There is only one Great Pyramid.

If your building a Pyramid using millions of stones that weigh hundreds of tons, that align with stars in 20 years by pulling them....It doesnt add up in a mathmatical way or in a way that makes sense unless they had help or Advanced Technology to do so.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join