It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Debunked?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by WinnieDaWho

agree dude, if they are that advance why not build a metal pyramid in Egypt with electronic booty traps with advance surveillance camera

If you truly think about the Great pyramids being booby trapped "They were" they had massive slide stones and anti theft devices put in place whilst they were being put in current form. There are also implications that metals were as precious as life, but even though this may be speculative, the cap stone was supposedly made of pure gold and the outer casing was proven to be encased in limestone plates, this would enable the Pyramids to be seen as far as the eye would carry the horizon. This was done intentionally of course.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jrocbaby

All you need to know is the Great Pyramid has 2,000,000+ blocks weighing between 1-30 tons some heavier, and If you we're to place 10 of these stones a day, it would take you 665 years straight with 24/7 work.

You don't do something for 600+ years that has zero payoff at all, the children we're inspired by whatever inspired their fathers for generations.

Have to agree with PhotonEffect here. The pyramids by Herodotus's implications took 100,000 men working none stop for 22+ years, with such little more description than one source, one can only guess. But, for the most part, even in Herodotus's day, he considered them ancient already, which speaks volumes by my understanding of the Great Pyramids.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Great job OP'er. VERY thorough.

I have been a semi-believer of the Ancient Alien Conspiracy for a while. But after seeing that History channel show and many others like it soooo many times with the usual suspects. Childress. Von Daniken , Noory ect. I'm starting to think they are stretching things to fit thier already made conclusion, then finding evidence that fits (as you said).

In detective work, well "good" detective work, that is the Backwards way of doing it.

One point I have to disagree with you one is the Cargo Cults

You said that there would be crates and landing strips and other "stuff" left that could still be found from when that incedent happened. However thats comparing apples and oranges.

The Cargo Cult thing was only within the last century(not some thousands of years ago like the Ancient Alien Theory, so we Would Not expect to find "tricorders and such after 1000's of years of decay(plus why would an AA leave behind something that is worthless to the people at the time?),

Plus the Tribes(cults) that built mock -ups of the Airplanes had no knowledge of Metal working afaik. so they made them out of twigs and brances. Not like the the cultures that the supposed Ancient Aliens contacted, which were the top mathematical minds of thousands of years ago. Mayans,Incas, Egyptians what have you.

So all evidence of this Event (the Cargo Cult) would be wiped away withing a few short hundred years.

I don't think it was Ancient aliens. But I do think there is sufficient evidence to look for a race of beings that was way, way , way ahead of these Great Empires of old, Egypt...ect.

Perhaps they knew how to fly, using Gliders, or wooden planes? Maybe they we're Atlantians?

But I totally agree that saying it must be "Aliens" is jumping the gun in a major way. But I DO believe there's plenty of evidence to point to a much more technologically advanced civ. that gave these Empires some tools and abilities to be able to build the amazingly precice Megolithis,Monoliths, and allowing them to make pressice cuts, and drill perfect holes, that todays best masons cannot duplicate.

I believe there is more to the story, but Beings from "Not of this Earth" no I'm not gonna jump to that conclusion to I see some amazing, definitive proof.

However to go against a little of what I'm saying, you leave ALOT of people with nothing to do but chip away at rock fro 1000's of years of of generations, and it's amazing what even 2-3000 B.C. humans could produce, if given the time and effort. You may ask why did they dio it? Well why not? Why6 do people build pyramids out of decks of cards? This is the same thing just on a much larger scale, and they believed it would benefit thier standing in the afterlife.

In conclusion excellent post. As I said I used to buy into Ancient Alien Theory a good deaol, but over the last few months watching shows about it, and doing research about religious paintings (which have perfectly reasonable answers) for the supposed "UFO's" seen in some paintings, as well as other similiar things with equally explainable answers for these "unknown" drawings. I've starting to believe it was not aliens, but just maybe a Much more advanced Human. again, maybe from Atlantis? Who knows. and yes maybe they took all thier tools with them when they left. It is possible.

Starred and Flagged

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Very good analysis OP and I agree with most if not all points.

I would also like to add that my belief is that history channel has been so dumbed down and saturated with nonsense that it really shouldnt be taken too seriously anymore.

I still think though that there are much more compelling pieces of evidence about 'ancient space brothers" vistiting our earth than what History Channel is willing or being instructed to provide. They really can't seem to put out reall, good information anymore. It just seems more like a fun, dramatized version of everything.

Thanks for the post brother

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by infiniteobserver

Most people don't refer to it as a hypothesis though. It is commonly referred to as Ancient Alien Theory and because most people don't understand the difference between a scientific theory and the layman's definition of theory they believe AAT to be on the same level as a scientific fact like the Modern Evolutionary Synthesis. I would say that calling it the Ancient Alien Hypothesis is even too liberal a use of the word hyothesis, as a hypothesis usually has more basis in scientific research than AAT does. I think a more accurate title would be Ancient Alien Supposition.

But isn't ANY position on mankind's early history a theory?

Regardless if you support the church's stance, the atheist's stance or the scientist stance.....you are supporting a theory.

Unless you are able to time travel back into time and witness the events with your own eyes, you have to admit that what you believe is a theory, whether plausible or not.

Again, ALL positions on our early history (before mankind was able to record with technology) are THEORIES.

So because it is the only one to admit that it is a theory does not give any credence to any of the others.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I just can't take the Ancient Aliens show seriously. The way he stretches every thing he talks about is almost laughable. He'll take a painting that kinda looks like a grey alien, and goes, "see, this is what the ancient people drew on their wall, cause they saw a grey alien", and then later, he'll talk about another painting and go, "see, this dragon represents a spacecraft, because they couldn't comprehend what they were seeing". Ummmm, so some people can comprehend exactly what they're seeing, yet, others use dragons to represent a spaceship?
Please......

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur

I say it is better to leave ancient mysteries a mystery until a real answer can be found.
You expect the answers to plop into our laps? Can't leave mysteries as mysterious. The whole idea is to dig deeper no matter how crazy it seems.

Big post just to give your opinion on the theory of ancient aliens. It's a theory, theories don't need "debunking" because it begins with the premise that everything is false (not exactly a good way to think when seeking the truth). Theories need criticism and application, and yes, a dose of skepticism and faith of any evidence is required as well to prove or disprove the theory.

"Debunking" one episode while ignoring the rest of the series and any other material on the subject (such as books and articles) doesn't exactly disprove the theory. The evidence provided by ep. 1 may be false, but that doesn't mean everything is which you seem to be alluding to. There is still some pretty convincing stuff out there like cave paintings that resemble greys, Pumapunku, etc.

By your logic, we should abandon things like string theory because the idea that the universe consists of tiny strings seems way too absurd.

I'm skeptical of AA but I will keep an open mind.

But not this open:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a3d269ccb005.jpeg[/atsimg]

edit on 4/6/11 by AdamsMurmur because: pic lol

haha that image made me laugh.....carry on

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by coastlinekid

Ah, a personal attack on my intelligence or what you perceive as the level of my intelligence. How creative. Never seem a post like that before. How presumptuous of you to state that the gold artifact is a representation of a flying machine without leaving room for any other interpretation. There are so many things it could represent that it is a great stretch to claim it can only be ispired by extra-terrestrials. I was only giving one possible explanation that would fit the time and the tech level of the society. And before you attack my intelligence, what do you do for a living? Do you have any letters following your name?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
good thread, it´s clear that Däniken and others are just in it for the money..Sitchin is also completely debunked..

AAT is all rubbish.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923

Originally posted by Jrocbaby

All you need to know is the Great Pyramid has 2,000,000+ blocks weighing between 1-30 tons some heavier, and If you we're to place 10 of these stones a day, it would take you 665 years straight with 24/7 work.

You don't do something for 600+ years that has zero payoff at all, the children we're inspired by whatever inspired their fathers for generations.

Have to agree with PhotonEffect here. The pyramids by Herodotus's implications took 100,000 men working none stop for 22+ years, with such little more description than one source, one can only guess. But, for the most part, even in Herodotus's day, he considered them ancient already, which speaks volumes by my understanding of the Great Pyramids.

For the gp to be built in 22 years 1 stone would have to be moved cut and laid ever 10 seconds 24/7 just to put that in perspective. I think that makes the 22 year timeline impossible.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Why can you just admit that their is a possibility that Aliens from space or other dimensions exists. Saying that we are the first and only entity on this universe is absolutely and totally ignorance. That is all I got to say

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Debunking usually involves counter facts. Not opinions.

You can't debunk something by giving your opinion. Pseudo Science? Nice cop out that description is. Everything that isn't mainstream is Pseudo Science, funny thing is it's always Pseudo Science to armchair experts who have NEVER seen these megalithic structures in person, have done NO research of their own and buy the bs lie that you can only be credible with some sort of degree. As if you can't learn and research topics on your own. You are surely mistaken if you think people can't become experts on subjects without going to school.

So doesn't matter that a lot of these researchers have spent their lives visiting these sites and have seen them in person more times then just about anyone out there. They have to have someone "teach" them this stuff to make a credible scientific hypothesis?

I think I'm gonna stop listening to these "forum" experts and debunkers. We have people who have written 10+ books on the subject and visited every continent on the planet being called frauds and pseudo scientists by who? Some RANDOM screen name on a forum? When I see YOU writing a book about some of these places then maybe Ill listen to your opinion.

ATS has become some mainstream site now. It's like ANYTHING closely out of the box has someone "debunking" it every day. I'm beginning to think this place has been infiltrated. Conspiracy theorists and ancient aliens being "debunked"

What the hell are we here for then? To discuss mainstream news? Because it's the only thing that has "credibility" in the eyes of the bloody know it alls around here.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by anti72

He didnt really prove anything....Just opinions.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by anti72

Ohhh I see. These guys should be able to travel around the world studying and researching for free? Because you lose credibility when you want to earn a living? Because you should be able to visit Egypt and Bolivia in the same week to write a book and then give that away for free.. I guess Sitchin should have been walking to Iraq just so he didn't lose credibility in the eyes of random nobodies who do nothing for the cause!

Because EVERY scientist works for free right? I mean there in it for us right? Not the money. What do you do for a living? Now wait while I tell you you have NO credibility in it, I mean you're not doing it for free are you? Well I guess you have no credibility on the topic of what you do for a living and spend your entire life doing right?

Thanks for your opinion, I'm glad you have visited all of these sites for yourself and given a better hypothesis..

Oh wait... you just sat there on your computer

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObvTruth
reply to post by anti72

He didnt really prove anything....Just opinions.

you mean the OP ? of course not, you cant ´prove´ opinions of the AAT´s ..lol

I read many AAT books, and it NOTHING but pure speculation..Däniken knows that, so he tends to write ´..doesn´t it look like..may it..´bla..
it seems that in our uneducated times those speculative, ´interesting´ assumptions are enough for some people to believe..

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by eleventhsun

wrong.
Sitchin ist just WRONG, scientifically proven wrong.

that is maybe too hard for some..´believers´

cheers
edit on 5-6-2011 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by anti72

Thats why its called the Ancient Astronaut THEORY. And thats why he Eric Von Daniken uses alot of "what if"questions. Hes not trying to say "this is the one and only truth" hes trying to give an alternative to what we know.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by anti72

It's funny because a lot of the debunkers of Sitchin that I've come across basically argue his translations, yet don't provide an alternative.

Where is this science? Where can we verify that it is true?

Who is the highest regarded expert in the Sumerian language and history? What scientific experiments and studies have been done concluding that Sitchin was wrong? Where, when and how long were these studies done for?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by anti72
reply to post by eleventhsun

wrong.
Sitchin ist just WRONG, scientifically proven wrong.

that is maybe too hard for some..´believers´

cheers
edit on 5-6-2011 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

List ONE example where Sitchin was proven to be wrong.

I await.......

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join