It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NASA Vimana

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

I disagree with your logic being we have billions of people who worship 'God' and there is no proof of his/her/their existence.

*conspiracy theory*

Humans are most likely an experiment in isolation, we have no contact with anyone but ourselves, yet we still hold true that there is something else out there and we fight and kill people based off of that lack of proof.

*end conspiracy theory*

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I thought NASA was coming up with a plane similar to the shuttle, only it would take off like a normal plane using scramjet engines or something like that...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

that may have been an idea in the beginning, but since 2005 this is what they have been going with, (if i got my dates correct)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
Your meager and ignorant attempt to make a conspiracy out of this is just not going to work, sorry.

Unfortunately for you, common sense and reason have already ruined your hypothesis. It happens, no reason to get upset. Just most of us think a little harder before demonstrating our ignorance to the world by displaying it on the internet.

Re-reading your post in order to make sure I am not being harsh or missed something important has only confirmed my initial reaction. I am sorry. May this thread die the death it so well deserves.

If you dont agree with the opinion of the op, make a rebuttal.
you provided no counter argument, [snip].

op. I see exactly what your saying, im sure you are familiar with these little jewelry items found, which look a lot like our "modern" space shuttles.

channelingmyself.com...

And if aliens are helping our species like some believe, than it would make sense that we would follow in their footsteps.

great post

ps. you should add that pic to your original post under the shuttle picture

edit on 1-6-2011 by OUNjahhryn because: (no reason given)

Mod edit: removed personal comment.
edit on 1/6/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mac420

I disagree with your logic being we have billions of people who worship 'God' and there is no proof of his/her/their existence.

*conspiracy theory*

Humans are most likely an experiment in isolation, we have no contact with anyone but ourselves, yet we still hold true that there is something else out there and we fight and kill people based off of that lack of proof.

*end conspiracy theory*

wow, thats deep dude, S&F

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

I just tried, but apparently there is a 4 hour window to edit, and I missed it lol, but yea thats one of the things that got me thinking about this theory.

I am a firm Occamist so the simplest explanation is most likely right!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mac420

What are you disagreeing with? Do you feel it's okay or somehow beneficial to hold unsupported beliefs about supermen from the skies, be they gods or aliens?

I find your analogy between vimanas and our spacecraft to be interesting. But going from there to "ancient aliens" leaves you with a problematic hypothesis.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I was referring to when you stated that it has to be based on an un-faulty premise. Humanity has placed faith and belief in faulty premises for thousands and thousands of years! Thats mostly why we have Racism, War, Hate and Fox News.

I do find it beneficial to believe (hate that word) in an Alien civilization, imagine a world where we stopped believing in god because we have deduced that the gods of the Ancients were merely a highly advanced civilization. Much as the same way that remote island civilization we used during WWII thought us as gods when we used their island for an airstrip! (Its in Ancient Aliens cant remember the name of the people)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
friend, it is true the shuttles are being retired; but the "orion" capsule you pictured was being developed for the proposed trip to Mars that has been cancelled, not as a replacement for the aging shuttle fleet; the X37b, a much smaller, unmanned version of the shuttle, has been sucessfully tested once; but it is very small compared to the shuttle...

Like many other members from days gone by, I believe NASA has just been a dog and pony show to distract and capture the eyes of the public; as for anything else the PTB actually have, I am also of the opinion that anything they let us know about publicly is already obsolete...

interesting thoughts,eh?

seeker

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

Ahhh a GOOD rebuttal! lol

I completely agree with you about the X37b being what is going to replace the shuttle, however the Orion is replacing the shuttle for manned missions (the missions that are actually cool lol kidding, their all out of this world!........sorry)

And that was a great point which I also hold true, for example they probably had an iPad like device in comission a decade or more ago. Kind of like in Prison Break where the company had this crazy tech that surpassed anything that was publicly available.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
From my understanding, the law of averages points to a very strong probability that intelligent life evolved on other planets, and that there would be alien civilizations far more advanced than our own. Odds being slim that we are the first. If interstellar space travel is possible, odds are that aliens have visited us in the past, and it only makes sense that primitive people would think that they are gods. We have lots of tales of gods, from around the planet, who came from the sky and walked among us. This is a very plausible possibility. The crazy idea is to think that we are the only intelligent life form in the galaxy, or the most advanced.

However, any alien civilization that came from other solar systems would have to be astronomically more advanced than we are. The one possibility, would be that said visitors came from Venus. Venus is almost our planets twin, almost the exact same size, with an extremely thick atmosphere that prevents us from looking at the planets surface, even with a space probe. If our scientists are correct about the temperature of the atmosphere of Venus, then they would be some very strange creatures.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mac420

the problem with Orion as a replacement is in what they are going to use as a lifter; in the Apollo days we have the behemoth Saturn Five as a heavy lift rocket...

It amazes me that, after almost 50 years and such tremendous leaps and bounds in almost all fields of tech, that two areas that have hardly improved at all are the aerospace industry, and the infernal internal combustion engine.. I had a 1976 Chevy Vega that got 50+ mpg; where is anything comparable today?
The Saturn 5 boosted all the Apollo shots; where is the comparable lifter of today?

are we going to borrow a Soyuz from Russia? Just sayin...

seeker

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Poet, also add in that the universe et al is 10 billion years older that our cute little rock; therefore I see room for many many other races,civilisations, empires, what have you, to have existed long before us...

It must make some people feel dimished or less to contemplate that we are but a tiny grain of sand on a very large and un-ending beach...

seeker

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I agree

Then there is the evidence that plasma can form life forms, and the very real possibility that we have plasma life forms sharing our biosphere with us. Th number of sightings from credible sources of foo fighters and other similar phenomenon indicates that likelihood that this is the reality. Maybe we are really just meat craft that enable them to explore the surface of our planet, which might be very toxic to their plasma forms.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
poet and seeker you are the reasons why i posted this lol,

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

I agree

Then there is the evidence that plasma can form life forms, and the very real possibility that we have plasma life forms sharing our biosphere with us. Th number of sightings from credible sources of foo fighters and other similar phenomenon indicates that likelihood that this is the reality. Maybe we are really just meat craft that enable them to explore the surface of our planet, which might be very toxic to their plasma forms.

As to plasma critters or entites, let us consider the nasa tether incident and the swarm of large discoid objects seen in and around the broken tether; it has been conjectured that these are large single celled plasmatic creatures that live in the outer fringes of our upper atmosphere that were attracted to the failed experiment; makes me wonder if these same objects were in the vicinity of the successful tether experiment conducted by the U.S. ...

perhaps we are part of an experiment and this cute lil rock is someone's science project...

seeker

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

lol just like i said, well, not JUST like but kinda

*from a few posts up*

I never thought of those things as plasmatic creatures...this unravels loads more conspiracy theories, like maybe they are a form of trip wire that tells the aliens when we reach space or maybe they are souls similar to that 'novel' The Host by Twilight Meyers! The possibilities are endless! lol

But for real, if that is the case it opens a whole 'nother case of worms...Stratospheric Jellyfish perhaps?

Mac

(Bout to start turning in so I won't be checking as often until tomorrow, cant wait to see what you bring me!)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
I thought NASA was coming up with a plane similar to the shuttle, only it would take off like a normal plane using scramjet engines or something like that...

They (not nasa) already have a single stage to orbit vehicle that can take off and land from a conventional runway (pretty much) although it requires some special equipment in the hanger, so it is not like they can fly it anywhere and take off again.

Also, they can't take off using a scramjet. Google it, they must be going faster than the speed of sound before a scramjet can be used, and even that wont get a plane into orbit, as it's fuel source is still atmospheric dependent.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mac420

First off, unlike some other folks here might do ... I'm not going to say/imply you're stupid or anything like that. At least you're looking at things and trying to make some observations.

Unfortunately, just because something has a similar shape, doesn't really mean they have anything to do with one another - especially when the shapes are as generic as a conical. Orion actually looks very much like a scaled-up Apollo capsule, and while I'm sure the technology that would go into the manufacture and operation of the Orion craft is much more modern than it's Apollo predecessors - it's not like it's anti-gravity driven or anything like that.

On the other-hand, the comparison between modern "flying saucer" accounts, compared to ancient Indian accounts does bring-up the issue that many (but not all) reports of such craft are typically round or conical or cylindrical - possibly implying that there is something inherently "circular" or "radial" about how it's power-plant and/or propulsion system operates.

Of course, that doesn't mean that is the case, it's pure speculation. One account of how such craft might (allegedly) be propelled goes back to the "stories" of Otis T. Carr. If you're really interested in that, you can read-up on his alleged back-ground on this Wikipedia Page and this other page, and various links from there.

PS: Also "Ralph Ring" who allegedly worked with Otis T. Carr on his apparatus, on this page

Personally, I'm skeptical of claims surrounding Otis T. Carr, but yet intrigued by them as well. But, maybe that's just because it's good fiction (ala Bob Lazar).

Thanks for sharing!

edit on 2011-6-2 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Added additional link containing material related to Otis T. Carr.

edit on 2011-6-2 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Added link to Ralph Ring material related to Otis T. Carr.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
The aerodynamic perfomance of a conic shape... Now and 4000 years ago.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join