It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NASA Vimana

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
You know with so many people tossing around the Ancient aliens theory, I'm surprised no one ever looked at it this way, maybe because it would be depressing.

Who's to say interstellar travel will ever be possible? who's to say there aren't countless highly advanced races out there, with much better technology, who still can't crack the basic fact that it takes hundreds and thousands of years to get anywhere out there.

Has anyone given any time to that notion? That in reality, the best thing we can hope for is a probe?

What we know of "life" right now is that it has a limited time span, and space is just not friendly to it. We've proven that if we really REALLY want to, we could send humans to most of our planets in the solar system. For most this would be a one way trip. In some cases, their children would be the ones to make it to the other planet.

You know, this could actually explain most of the UFO phenomena, not the BS billy bob got abducted last night crap, but the honest sightings of something tangible in the sky, not just esoteric lights and blobs. They seem to move in such a manner that, while being beyond our technology, would also kill any living creature inside due to inertia and g forces.

could these all be unmanned probes?

We can send unmanned craft around at much higher speeds, who's to say that's not what they aliens would do? Why risk life when you can send in the robots?

This is also scary as if they are sending essentially AI robots, well, we can't reason with them. They might go blissfully around destroying us all as they aren't programmed to understand we are intelligent.

You can't threaten a robot, you can't reason with it, and if it's got superior technology, you can't kill it.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mac420

Cool theory, but I disagree that we are about as technologically advanced as the ancient aliens were 4000 years ago because they had the technology to get here to Earth, we can barely make it to the moon and back.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mac420
I do find it beneficial to believe (hate that word) in an Alien civilization, imagine a world where we stopped believing in god because we have deduced that the gods of the Ancients were merely a highly advanced civilization.

Then all you're doing is maintaining the same beliefs with new characters replacing the old.

You already recognize that bad things can come of unproven beliefs. I still can't understand why you feel that your ancient alien beliefs would be exempt from that general rule.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mac420

Thanks Mac and Seeker, I enjoy these types of threads.

I have a thread on plasma life forms.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And another good thread on the subject I somehow missed in the past.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are also a few threads about the tether incident. I recommend you use ATS search, it works quite well.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I would say there is a very real possibility that space is so vast, and so dangerous, that planet living creatures will never succeed in interstellar travel. Good point, maybe all we have seen are probes. Maybe some of these probes took so long to get here, the civilizations that sent them no longer exist.

I have seen others present this concept, and considered it myself.

Interplanetary travel, however, is very much within our grasp, and it wouldn't have to be a one way trip.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I'll check out your thread, poet; now i have a question in general; most people are of the mind that inter-stellar travel would not be practical due to the distances involved; but I have to question whether or not there is indeed ways around normal travel, whether it would be a Star Trek style "warp" or perhaps a controllable worm hole;

Let's also add into the mix the effect of strong magnetic fields; the reason I do is from a video that Art Bell had on C2C some years ago where they placed a large block of solid aluminum on the MRI table and tipped it over; clunk. Then placed the same block inside the MRI field, tipped it over, and it fell in slow motion. Considering aluminum is non-magnetic, the field could not have directly affected the block's motion; therefore, is the magnetic field affecting the time field within the coils?

I also recommend checking out T.T. Brown.

seeker

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

The difference is I am not worshiping them. When you worship something you give it one of Humanities strongest emotions: Unrequited Love. If someone goes against what you love unconditionally that causes violence.

My "belief" in an Alien race is not one based on love, but pure logic. I know that with the vastness of Space, the hundreds of trillions of stars/galaxies/planets it is only logical that there be life. Like I said on an earlier post, it is a common, accepted agreement among scientist that Alien life exists outside of our solar system and is probably more advanced than we are.

Mac

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I had that thought a while ago too, but when you think like that that is limiting a Species we don't even know about yet!

Plus with the thousands of abduction stories, the dozens or hundreds that are actually legitimate, I can not accept that they are probes. Maybe a lot of them are, especially the ones that are cylindrical and remain stationary. (couldn't find the pic but I think you'll know what I mean if you've seen a lot of UFO/ETV pics)

Could be there is a "mother ship" above earth and their sending probes, but just speculation.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

[My "belief" in an Alien race is not one based on love, but pure logic. I know that with the vastness of Space, the hundreds of trillions of stars/galaxies/planets it is only logical that there be life. Like I said on an earlier post, it is a common, accepted agreement among scientist that Alien life exists outside of our solar system and is probably more advanced than we are.

Mac

I'm not sure that such a belief is logical, rather it's simply speculative. There is a huge difference between "there must be" and "there is".

I would also contend that there is NOT accepted agreement amongst scientists that alien life exists elsewhere and is more advanced than us. Though many may dream of such a thing and will look for it, there is no such established consensus. Any honest scientist would admit to there being no evidence to support such a belief.

On another note, thanks for the respectful conversation despite our disagreements. It's often rare on this site and I do tip my hat to you

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

its not a matter of evidence its more a matter of common sense. Our Earth is 4 billion years old (+/-) and its one of the youngest in our galaxy. i know that you understand where I am coming from and I do understand where you are coming from as well. Its not something either of us can win at, being as until we have disclosure we can never know for certain.

to be honest I was going to say about the same thing, but I didn't want it to come off as sarcastic being as thats usually how I write my posts lol thanks for this back and forth though, glad it can be civil and not just YOUR WRONG LOSER AAAAAHHHHH lol

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

its not a matter of evidence its more a matter of common sense. Our Earth is 4 billion years old (+/-) and its one of the youngest in our galaxy. i know that you understand where I am coming from and I do understand where you are coming from as well. Its not something either of us can win at, being as until we have disclosure we can never know for certain.

Well, "common sense" can take us to different conclusions. For example, in a universe that produces life there has to be one location that produces life first. Someone has to be first. That planet looks into the vastness of space expecting to find others, but since they're the first they find nothing. That's consistent with what we're seeing now. Maybe there's nothing else out there but us right now - that notion is consistent with our observations. Common sense? Who's to say? I think all we can really honestly say is that even though there should presumably be life elsewhere, we haven't discovered it yet. Because of that it's hard for me to subscribe to nations of ancient aliens, though it is a really cool concept.

to be honest I was going to say about the same thing, but I didn't want it to come off as sarcastic being as thats usually how I write my posts lol thanks for this back and forth though, glad it can be civil and not just YOUR WRONG LOSER AAAAAHHHHH lol

Not a problem, sir/ma'am. I have enjoyed the conversation. Thank you!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mac420

and check out the missing nazi bell....lolol

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Its sir lol

I used to subscribe to that, what if we were really the first in the entire everything to develop life. It just doesnt seem possible to me.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by violence=answer

right, those crazy krauts! lol

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Its sir lol

I used to subscribe to that, what if we were really the first in the entire everything to develop life. It just doesnt seem possible to me.

Indeed, that can also violate our common sense. I don't really subscribe to that belief either. I'm simply speculating along with everyone else.

I just want to be as certain as possible that the things I do believe are as true and accurate as they can be. Maybe there were ancient aliens, the Indians saw them and they had similar spacecraft as we do now. I don't know. All I know is that there isn't enough evidence for me to believe that as being true and accurate at this time.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

Thanks for the tips, I will check them out.

Couldn't find anything on the MRI experiment, but found a wiki article on Thomas Townsend Brown. Interesting stuff.

Check out David Bohm and faster than light particle excitation.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mac420

I would like to say: That here on ATS, there is possible evidence of full ET disclosure, that is sitting underneath your very noses. But I still can't prove a damn thing. I guess that it's my lot in life. LOL

Thank God, that the U.S. Space Shuttle is about to be retired from space duty. What a piece of junk!!!

I guess that when a person like me, who compares all of Earths obsolete aviation and space technology to ET flying saucer's; you get spoiled.

Where is this Orion space capsule supposed to have a "controlled" crash landing? On the sea or on the land?

It's good that the U.S. cancelled W. Bush's call for a manned trip to Mars. Because with any attempt now, would be tantamount to pure suicide; what with all those micrometeoroid fields roaming about in space.

Without a viable micrometeorid defense shield,[which we do not have installed on any of our spacecraft, as far as I know,] a tiny 1/8" micrometeorid can cause a huge ragged 1 foot diameter hole in a defenseless spacecraft.[Scientifically proven, by NASA's compressed air powered, 20,000 mph pellet rifle.]

Foofighters forever.

Erno86

edit on 2-6-2011 by Erno86 because: added a word

edit on 2-6-2011 by Erno86 because: deleted a few words

edit on 2-6-2011 by Erno86 because: added a few words

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

thats one thing I am concerned over as well. If we are planning manned missions to Mars, the Moon or an Asteroid, how will we get there safely?

This ain't Star Trek yet, we don't have deflector shields, but I do recall watching SciFi Science with Michio Cacao! (I know its not how you say his name, but its a Tosh reference lol) and he was saying, if i remember correctly, there is a technology we are working on which is essentially a taser-like sheet of electricity that could vaporize space debris on contact, like a bug zapper. or it coulda been lasers, but although its still theoretical science, its still science none the less and one day, it will be science fact.

Mac

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Erno86

thats one thing I am concerned over as well. If we are planning manned missions to Mars, the Moon or an Asteroid, how will we get there safely?

This ain't Star Trek yet, we don't have deflector shields, but I do recall watching SciFi Science with Michio Cacao! (I know its not how you say his name, but its a Tosh reference lol) and he was saying, if i remember correctly, there is a technology we are working on which is essentially a taser-like sheet of electricity that could vaporize space debris on contact, like a bug zapper. or it coulda been lasers, but although its still theoretical science, its still science none the less and one day, it will be science fact.

Mac
mac my friend, i still am of the opinion that if Prof. Kaku and the Discovery Channel are talking about it, 'tis already old news; one of my sources, A colonel in the Air Force, candidly explained to me and a few others some 5 years ago that the technology gap between what they actually have and what they let us peons know about is approximately 40 years; made the statement that if anything is allowed to go public, it is indeed already obsolete;
I also realize that the statement attributed to Ben Rich, former CEO of the infamous "Skunkworks" appears to state that we already have had the ability and means to go to the stars has to make one wonder...

seeker

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
question, Do you think that there are strategic advantages to being able to go in and out of space/orbit? If so, then in my opinion, you must agree that the best space going technology is not public knowledge. I would bet that before anything nasa produces is released, it is heavily analyzed for it's potential military ramifications.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join