It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The quiet before the storm. Just so you can't say that you werent warned.

page: 56
<< 53  54  55   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Found this thread fascinating, if a bit too wordy at times, let's try summarise better?

It's interesting you talk about free will, and the will that allows us to chose our own actions in life. I believe there are far too many outside influences to truly have free will, you will always have some guidance in your actions, negative or positive.

It all depends how much energy (what you keep calling god I guess) is around you, and how its charged, and those you associate with, and how they view life and interact with others. This will charge the energy we all feel at times to positive or negative and to various strengths.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
reply to post by Brianegan

I see your point, and in a way it's a fair one; nobody can be 100% aware of all the sins they commit.

However, as per the Book of Psalms:

"My sins are ever before me"

As in, I am fully aware that I commit them, and I do my best to avoid them, and in humility I ask for grace to walk uprightly wherever possible. God sees them, but luckily for us, he will cast them into the Ocean of Forgetfulness, and LITERALLY won't remember them (all-powerful, can self-limit for the sake of Grace), so long as we walk in humility before Him.

That's my true and honest opinion on that subject. He doesn't hold our inevitable crimes against us, so long as we walk with 'a right spirit within' - which as you will know, is also a gift for which we should be thankful.

After all, which of us created ourselves, or dictated the circumstances of our life, or saved us from being hit by a bus last Thursday at ten past four in the afternoon when we were late collecting the children from Karate..?

This is the way I live my life. I am thankful, and I try to walk rightly before God and Men.

ETA -

When you do eventually look at it you will understand what I have done here and at that point you will realize that, yes, it was for a reason.

Sorry dude, but that's plain ridiculous. Anyone reading through our exchange will see quite clearly that you have absolutely zero to offer me, or any genuine seeker who practices introspection and walks with God.

Your arrogance, selfishness, mean-spiritedness and lack of metaphysical/spiritual understanding are crystal clear. IMHO.
edit on 29-6-2011 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

The simple truth is if you tried your best to avoid them than you wouldnt be committing any sin.....Excuses used to make it seem like a human isnt perfect as in "no ones perfect" wont cut it anymore......It was never correct and still isnt........

I have much to offer. You are missing the point but so is 95 % of every one else so dont feel bad. Just try harder.....Part of my point is I dont care about how my words make you feel because I care enough not to lie to you like everyone else will.......I wont sit here and say oh its okay baby youll get it right the next time.......Well how many next times do you need.........

Obviously the world is missing something but everyone thinks that its too hard to find bc their vanity makes them believe that if anyone will find it than it would be them....Sorry but that shouldnt matter.........Just focus on whats important and that isnt what you feel toward me........Focus on yourself, admit your fears, and make your choice.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment

I see that no matter how constructive I try to be (remember the point about addressing the crowd, not just the OP?) you are more selfish than I had given you 'credit' for...

'Funny man'..? Really..?

Sheesh.
back atcha.

I wasn't talking to you, I was sharing my thoughts with a new friend, who happened to be on this thread, and who also directly asked a question based on something I had written. I was answering the question. If anyone else who happened to be following the thread got something from it, then the task has been completed according to the intention it was written with; to be helpful...

Why are you so obsessed with holding your petty little creation so close to your chest? Do you ascribe your measure of self-worth by the level to which you are able to control the flow of conversation in a thread?

It's poor form, and as per 'Dragons Den' (excellent show here in the UK), "I'm out". This will be my last comment - and if you are indeed as I expect you to be, a snotty comment along the lines of 'good riddance' will surely follow. What a shame.

You know, people go off on a tangent and have little arguments/ discussions in my threads all the time - I enjoy it, as it brings variety and shows that people were inspired to new levels of thought by the words I put down originally, or by their own interactions and inputs during the course of the thread's progress.

Why is it so painful for you that people aren't directly involving you in the conversation at every step? It seems a deep-rooted flaw imho. As for me, being (similarly to you, and everyone..) non-perfect, I tend to wilfully seek out my own character flaws, through self-inspection, reflection on the day's events and prayer/meditation etc. I suggest you do the same.

Best of luck dealing with that selfish streak.

My point is how everyone communicates with eachother is rediculously horrid......Again i dont care how this makes you feel bc if it gets you pissed at least your looking at the right thing. This is a thread that i authored so im pretty sure if I have a reason behind it that Im going to see it through.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
I have to agree with Fly here, discussions go on tangents all the time in real life as on forums and while most were quick to argue or attack, some of us tried to make sense of the world around us and the point of the OP.

Nothing personal against you Brian whatsoever, I'm sure somewhere in there you do believe you're helping people but I don't see how picking fights with other good people like Fly can benefit yourself or the threads.

Isn't it better to have similar yet differing views and opinions so that those reading information for the first time can choose which they feel in agreement with? Now this isn't a sleight on you or anybody else who may do a similar thing but this thread and others authored by yourself do seem to be confusing and vague. Whether you do that on purpose to allow people to work for themselves to figure things out, I just don't know and can only speculate but Fly is also a respected member here to quite a few people and what he says could potentially aid what you also say.

To go back and forth with sarcasm and aggression is unnecessary in my view.

You wasn't here for some time and so my question was answered by Fly while you had issues to tend to that are more important than ATS and its forum. His answer resonated with me and then when you returned and gave your reply, it was also of a similar nature to Fly's yet was more praise than explaining why I might be on the right track and what to possibly do next if anything.

I honestly think the two of you could work together on whatever message is to be spread if both of you so desire it. Fly extended the olive branch initially and you seem to have refused and seemingly attacked which is a shame for all.

Both of you are my friends and brothers in this life and the next and I hate to see a family feud.

Because the good people have decided that they are good enough and have stopped their journey claiming victory when they are no where near the finish line..........Much work to do still........Mirror

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by yakuzakid
Found this thread fascinating, if a bit too wordy at times, let's try summarise better?

It's interesting you talk about free will, and the will that allows us to chose our own actions in life. I believe there are far too many outside influences to truly have free will, you will always have some guidance in your actions, negative or positive.

It all depends how much energy (what you keep calling god I guess) is around you, and how its charged, and those you associate with, and how they view life and interact with others. This will charge the energy we all feel at times to positive or negative and to various strengths.

well done.....agreed.

One thing though.....Those outside forces that take away free will can only accomplish that if the one's free will is offered.......Everyone has a choice to choose their path but the destination is always the same......Just like math everything can be simplified all the way done and in this case it alwasy comes down to choice.......Destination God's home.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

And how is it that while others have so much room to grow, its you who has reached that line where you have the time to look back and judge them?

Its a very vain idiology to think you must be right and that the majority just don't get it because you are so much better.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by fenceSitter
You can't prove God exists any more than I can prove he/she/whatever doesn't. It all comes down to beliefs - you have yours and everyone else is entitled to their own. What will aggravate most readers is your attempt to 'force' your beliefs on others. Please (oh please) correct me if I am wrong but doesn't God want us to make the choice to believe in him? If that is the case - why are you trying to force others to believe. It seems hypocritical to me.

Maybe if he belives this is true he wants to save his brethren? It's an interesting read to say the most and to those who aren't close minded or religious it does ask a few questions. Personally, I don't believe in god but I do believe there is a creator.

I'd also like to jot down that if he is trying to save us hes in the right step towards Big C (The Creator) because I believe that to actually get outta this #ty rock once you die, open your heart to unconditional love (.. Minus the hoes with the clap, stay clear from that one!) be a nice person, help people.

This world is a crap place to be, you've got high taxes, inflations, poverty, wars, rape, murders, theft, liars, you name it were housed on a planet full of em. The governments the worst for it they speak about the people but never actually give a dam about the people then they try make things up to the people before the next election even though they failed because they want the power and the benefits that come with it (British MP's used to take money and spend it on themselfs, and we choose theives and liars to govern our countries) and even if they do loose the election the next twat thats stepping right in is going to be the same but change a few things to suit their style of AmaDoWhatIWantTillTheNextElection. You know a small percentage of people would stop a fight even if the guy was on the ground getting kicked in, a womans bag being stolen in the middle of a crowded town I bet only a few would actually go out of their way to help her, the list goes on and on.

If only people were actually nicer to each other then maybe we'd get somewhere in this world, fallen angels banished down to hell (earth)? Maybe but at least i'm a nice one.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Foolishness almost seem to vanish like water in the desert
Nothing there to nourish you and nothing to hold on to
When some day soon the second sun will arrive
Much of this foolish water will evaporate
Where will you hold on to
Where will you hide
Nowhere
Wisdom
Wisdom and truth is like a cooling river
Will set you free
Stay eternal
Be that river
Become that wisdom
We have been calling and calling
Wanting you to join
Wanting you to realize the amazing truth within you
Connecting
On a deep level
Unity
We have been calling
From within
From outside
You were laughing
Asking for proof
Still hear the calling?
Now you prove
that
you
are
worthy

(the steps are already there, in the music in the threads, the truth is there within you, you are worthy.... you just have to realize... spoon feeding are over... what you call proof, will soon reveal itself... if you open your eyes proof have been here since long time ago... you have to break the box... soon it will be broken wide open for you... get ready... you are not a baby... you are groen up... stand on your own two feet and make that choice and live it!!!)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by laffoe
Foolishness almost seem to vanish like water in the desert
Nothing there to nourish you and nothing to hold on to
When some day soon the second sun will arrive
Much of this foolish water will evaporate
Where will you hold on to
Where will you hide
Nowhere
Wisdom
Wisdom and truth is like a cooling river
Will set you free
Stay eternal
Be that river
Become that wisdom
We have been calling and calling
Wanting you to join
Wanting you to realize the amazing truth within you
Connecting
On a deep level
Unity
We have been calling
From within
From outside
You were laughing
Asking for proof
Still hear the calling?
Now you prove
that
you
are
worthy

(the steps are already there, in the music in the threads, the truth is there within you, you are worthy.... you just have to realize... spoon feeding are over... what you call proof, will soon reveal itself... if you open your eyes proof have been here since long time ago... you have to break the box... soon it will be broken wide open for you... get ready... you are not a baby... you are groen up... stand on your own two feet and make that choice and live it!!!)

we stop begging ,
it is up to you now ,
activate those strings before the deadline,
we have given the seed ,
and the water ,
time is shifting,
it will be up to the level of negativity u still harness within those bodies,
that will make the difference,
seek balance,
seek unity,
we have foretold the path enough,
the codes are within the video's,
mission terminated,
good luck ,

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Very good thread. I read it all the way through.

I believe you know what you are talking about, and I believe free will is an illusion, but I know the universe is an illusion, and I don't see how to break free from the illusion of free will except by death.

I believe free will is inherent throughout all of nature and is not something that can just be done away with. However, I believe a false sense of our true self (nature) can lead to an unnatural use of the will.

Our ego is simply what we identify ourselves with. The ego is not the enemy, it is the false ego. The false ego is born directly from materialism and knowledge. By knowledge we harness the materials of the earth to suit our needs.

The problem with owning materials is that no one necessarily has to own the same materials. This is the introduction of envy and jealousy into the human mind complex. After that, all hell breaks lose. The human agenda become a progression of materialism. Greed sets in. People want what you got and they want more of what you got so they take it. Theft. Invasion(War). etc.

People build their civilizations around economic systems, and they wonder why great civilizations fall and economic systems can't be perfect.

What is the way to bigger, better, and more efficient materials? Knowledge. Money is power and knowledge is power. Material abundance is directly proportional to knowledge abundance.

Its not that we aren't supposed to have free will. Its that we have free will coupled with a belief that we are something that we're not. When we have free will coupled with a clear perception of our true self, we will do wonders and experience heaven on earth.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 14-7-2011 by smithjustinb because: link

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
read this: LINK
fast
important

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Watch this: link
Put in some effort and share your insights at YouTube
Don't waste our time with blah blah

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Some judge here hard. First we must learn we must not judge. So with that all manner of folks that come here. Talking down to a soul whom they think is not pure. Must ask yourself one question. Am i judging in any way. If you come up with yes. You are on your way. Bri, You are great in so many ways for this i am there for you. This is to you That you know whom i am. Or whom he is. The I am The Source. Words of truth and wisdom come from strange places.

new topics

top topics

<< 53  54  55   >>

join